Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2018, 11:21   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tigor : Official Review

Few minor updates:

Car has be driven close to 300KM this week, couldn't use it much since I had been out of station for work.

What has changed :
  • Shift logic seems to have gotten better, doesn't get confused as much as before.
  • Head-nod is very noticeable only in certain traffic conditions, heavy traffic with continuous movement, handles other situations better.
  • Fuel efficiency has only marginally improved, need to clock more miles before commenting anything, just few minutes of ideal sends the FE figures tumbling down
  • Color certainly attracts more attention than what I expected, being en entry level sedan, I didn't expect anyone to have a second glance, but seems to gather attention where every I go. Not bad considering the badge.

Will post a more detailed observation after few trips.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tigor : Official Review-img20180617wa0006.jpg  

Tata Tigor : Official Review-img20180612wa0002.jpg  

giri1.8 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 12:11   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Tigor XZ (O) Petrol entered the gang of vehicles we have. I would be using this car for 50 to 60% of the time. I will document an ownership thread once it crosses the 1000 kms mark to get a hang of the car. It has currently done about 550 kms. A few pictures from the recent drive. The drive with a mixture of traffic and highway roads with minimal traffic, 80% eco mode and 20% city mode yielded 23.7 kmpl for a distance of 212 kms. Thanks to KR Puram traffic the number dropped from 25+ to 23.7 kmpl.

Tata Tigor : Official Review-tigor-1.jpg

Tata Tigor : Official Review-tigor-2.jpg

Tata Tigor : Official Review-tigor-3.jpg

Last edited by nkrishnap : 19th June 2018 at 12:16.
nkrishnap is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 16:03   #183
Senior - BHPian

Guys - Need a quick pulse check on the Tigor XZA AMT.

Context:
- My Scorpio 4WD lease is finishing in 2 weeks and I cannot bear the thought of extending it etc.
- I don't want to buy a Diesel ever again, and there is no Petrol 4x4 (yet) within 20 lakhs - Personal Preference
- Automatic is a MUST
- Need to pick up a car on lease, purely for the financial benefit
- Will sell off my beautiful Ecosport AT, to finance a Bike
- Ownership horizon will be 3 years lease and then 3-4 years after buy out.
- Maruti, Hyundai, Nissan, VW and Skoda are no touch brands for me.
- Ford isn't manufacturing Aspire/Figo Automatics for some time now :( - my first choice goes out of the window
- No other options appeal
- Don't want to push up the lease rental, else the financial cost-benefit goes for a toss

Question -
After multiple test drives, I am zeroing down on the Tigor XZA AMT. It ticks most boxes for me, and will allow me to keep reserve cash for a nice motorcycle and hopefully, the Jimny (if it comes in at all). Looking at this purely from a city commuter perspective for me and the missus.

Is the Tigor worth it given my use case?

Last edited by roy_libran : 12th July 2018 at 16:09.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 21:34   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Worth it, if you can live with the rough sounding and not so powerful engine for the highways. In city, its pretty good.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 18:53   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Solid car, not much cons, except that power doesn't seem enough for the highways. Do keep in mind that FE figures will be close to 10Kmpl within city, this is common for all cars with engine bigger than 1.0L. Hope you are familiar with how AMT works, do have a very long test drive before getting any AMT equipped car!

Service is better than before, but sales experience is still not that great, be prepared for that! I went for this option purely based on built quality and comfort. Amazingly VFM when you see the other options in the price range.
giri1.8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 19:42   #186
BHPian

Tigor diesel version has massive capacity alternator. Such 120 ampere capacity alternators are used in big diesel vehicles like Tata Safari , Toyota Innova etc. etc. I can not understand the purpose for such high capacity alternator.
Old 7th August 2018, 09:54   #187
Senior - BHPian

Rushlane reports that Avid automotive enthusiasts Nikhil Khadse and Aman Siriah have managed to capture a Tigor prototype on test with a touchscreen infotainment system. Fitting an infotainment screen would mean redesigning the center console but as the photo suggests, the AC vents will stay untouched. (Link - https://www.rushlane.com/amp/tata-ti...-12276524.html)
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 13:33   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Rushlane managed to capture a Tigor prototype on test with a touchscreen infotainment system. Fitting an infotainment screen would mean redesigning the center console but as the photo suggests, the AC vents will stay untouched.
Wow TML responding so quick to market demand!
Looks like company is willing to pump some life back into this car.
Touch screen + bigger engine would do the trick.

If they provide a larger (Nexon's unit) infotainment system on Tigor, I am sure that Hexa owners will go mad as they won't get it even after paying thrice the price
Old 7th August 2018, 15:30   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik View Post
Tigor diesel version has massive capacity alternator. Such 120 ampere capacity alternators are used in big diesel vehicles like Tata Safari , Toyota Innova etc. etc. I can not understand the purpose for such high capacity alternator.
The petrol variant has 110 Ah capacity which is also pretty high.
Old 18th August 2018, 11:53   #190
BANNED

Test drove Tiago and Tigor petrol versions. I can see a quantum leap in terms of quality levels, both car felt underpowered. When is the JTP version being released and any indications on how much power being bumped up?

How big an impact its likely to have on fuel efficiency due to this ?
Old 19th August 2018, 02:10   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosathyas View Post
Test drove Tiago and Tigor petrol versions. I can see a quantum leap in terms of quality levels, both car felt underpowered. When is the JTP version being released and any indications on how much power being bumped up?

How big an impact its likely to have on fuel efficiency due to this ?
The power should be the same state of tune as Nexon - 110 bhp. Might release by Oct / Nov. Sure it'll be less efficient than current engine - but that's a compromise we'll have to live with. More than capacity, it'll be the way the is going to be driven with such power in reserve.
Old 20th August 2018, 12:29   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The power should be the same state of tune as Nexon - 110 bhp. Might release by Oct / Nov. Sure it'll be less efficient than current engine - but that's a compromise we'll have to live with. More than capacity, it'll be the way the is going to be driven with such power in reserve.
I think it will be reasonable to expect that the ARAI fuel efficiency will be somewhere between the current petrol Tigor's (20 kmpl) and the current petrol Nexon's (17 kmpl). Both ARAI figures are taken from t-bhp threads.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift

Last edited by FourWheelDrift : 20th August 2018 at 12:30.
FourWheelDrift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 10:36   #193
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hello,

I am using Tata Tigor XZ since January 2018, i read in your review that tata tigor has got spring loaded grab handles in passenger seats,
but my car doesnot have spring loaded, it makes more noise when released the handle quickly, i.e. it hots the folded portion with thud noise,
is this the same in all tigor, what i understood by spring loaded grab handles is when released it folds slowly without making any noise

please help me, that noise when handles released by co passenger, makes really hard thud noise which disturbs while driving,
if it is same in all Tigor, is there any solution to stop this noise, like by adding stoppers

Thanks
Srinath N
Old 4th September 2018, 12:01   #194
BANNED

Quote:

Context:
- My Scorpio 4WD lease is finishing in 2 weeks and I cannot bear the thought of extending it etc.
- I don't want to buy a Diesel ever again, and there is no Petrol 4x4 (yet) within 20 lakhs - Personal Preference
Any special reason why you are not looking for any diesel? Still I will suggest the Figo and the Aspire TDCi. These are amazing cars for city commute and this diesel engine is a proven workhouse by Ford.
_nitink_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 13:04   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
Any special reason why you are not looking for any diesel? Still I will suggest the Figo and the Aspire TDCi. These are amazing cars for city commute and this diesel engine is a proven workhouse by Ford.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4451749 (Tata Nexon : Official Review)
I have a Ford and I love it. But this time, bought a Nexon. Taking delivery this week.

Diesel - Personal decision to reduce my own emission footprint, whatever it costs....
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks