Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2021, 15:40   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Tigor : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almoral View Post
Bear with me for another question in this. In the worst case scenario, if there is some major damage to the vehicle while being transported, are dealers usually open to the option to changing the allotted car to a different one? I am ok with smaller issues which can be fixed easily.
It depends on the way you will tackle the situation if it arises. Ideally in pretty much all cases - it gets taken care of like a gentlemen's agreement with the dealership. Minor issues, nicks n bits - they repair. If its a nasty total loss kind of accident - they will arrange for a replacement car for you.

Till the car hand-over documentation is signed by you - the car is in their ownership and custody even if invoiced to you. And - dealers have transit and storage insurances over all these inventory items. So they typically would handle such a scenario internally. In the rarest of rare scenario where they try to put this on your head - you always have legal means to turn things around. You'll have enough data points and paperwork to prove you never had the car with you. Don't worry so much. Look forward to your car & enjoyable ownership.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 21:33   #287
BHPian

Hi all, test drove the Tigor AMT yesterday. I am in the market for a B-segment automatic hatchback and the Tiago XZA is one of the top contenders. Since the showroom could not arrange a Tiago AMT on-time for the test drive, I was offered a Tigor AMT instead.

Found the power on tap to be pretty good and more than sufficient (I currently drive a 12 year old Maruti Alto with the F8D, so my current benchmark for performance is extremely low). However, the throttle action in the test car was jerky, to the point of being a deal breaker. The throttle on-off transition was always accompanied by a noticeable jerk despite me trying by best to be gentle with the right foot, throughout multiple attempts. The Alto that I currently drive is notorious for its jerky power delivery which irritates me to no end, and I really don't want my next car to behave even remotely similar. The SA too acknowledged the issue and said that this might be an issue with the test car, and promised to bring another Tiago AMT for a second test drive next week.

Also, in one instance, when the car was in 4th gear (in 'A' mode) and moving at a steady pace, I floored the throttle to check the kickdown response, expecting a downshift, but the transmission did not budge and continued in 4th gear. I then slowed it down and surprisingly, it still continued in the same gear. I could see the tacho at somewhere around 1000 RPM and felt the engine slightly protesting as if it was being lugged, and then it suddenly shifted down to 2nd (couldn't determine the exact RPM, as the digital tacho lights up progressively only in increments of 500 RPM).

Has anybody had a similar experience with the Tiago/Tigor AMT? Is this jerky power delivery normal behaviour, or am I nitpicking too much? I had test driven a Hyundai i10 Nios AMT just a few hours before this and found the transmission to be great with instant kickdown response (downshift) and smooth shifts (from 2nd gear onwards).

I am praying that the next test drive turns things around for the little Tata to make its way to my parking lot.

Thanks.

Last edited by ram.iyer95 : 26th June 2021 at 21:38.
ram.iyer95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 22:40   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 View Post
Has anybody had a similar experience with the Tiago/Tigor AMT? Is this jerky power delivery normal behaviour, or am I nitpicking too much? I had test driven a Hyundai i10 Nios AMT just a few hours before this and found the transmission to be great with instant kickdown response (downshift) and smooth shifts (from 2nd gear onwards).

I am praying that the next test drive turns things around for the little Tata to make its way to my parking lot.

Thanks.
Tiago AMT is surprisingly smooth for a 3 cyl petrol, as with a set up like this , that is 3 cyl and AMT, you need to expect a delay in response and that is something you get used to in a while. However I suggest you test drive a different vehicle from a different dealer before taking a decision.

Hyundai NIOS levels of refinement is not to be expected though, they are not exactly comparable vehicles.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 22:59   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Tiago AMT is surprisingly smooth for a 3 cyl petrol, as with a set up like this , that is 3 cyl and AMT, you need to expect a delay in response and that is something you get used to in a while. However I suggest you test drive a different vehicle from a different dealer before taking a decision.

Hyundai NIOS levels of refinement is not to be expected though, they are not exactly comparable vehicles.
Thanks. I can live even with a slow-shifting AMT as long as the power delivery is smooth, but the throttle on-off jerks were a big turn-off. Even the cabin NVH levels were quite decent, but yeah, there is simply no comparison to the silky smooth 4 cylinder 1.2s. Though the test car's engine was quite audible (for a petrol) from the outside, felt nicely cocooned-in from the inside.

Will definitely give it another go before arriving at a decision. Will be test driving the Ignis as well.

The Tiago is one car that is hard to strike-off from the shopping list! The Nios was initially not even in consideration due to its abysmal safety rating, but since the Magna AMT variant was priced bang-on with the Tiago XZA, thought of checking it out.

Last edited by ram.iyer95 : 26th June 2021 at 23:03.
Old 27th July 2021, 14:46   #290
BHPian

I have the Tigor AMT (along with a bunch of other automatics) and frankly if driven sanely, it's perfectly fine. No jerks most of the time but I did notice that if you reduce speed and it's 2nd gear and when you tap the throttle it does jerk a bit but couldn't replicate that scenario again, guess it's a one off. Other than that I think it's pretty good. Kickdown also works but yes, it does loose the power for a second when it shifts to next gear and that can feel weird at times.
Overall, I kept my expectations to drive it normally and it rewards you with comfortable drive.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 18:46   #291
Team-BHP Support

Wife’s colleague got herself a new Tigor XZ+ recently and I checked the car out.

Tata Tigor : Official Review-6b38ff4806544b4dacb47c23d41b0a32.jpeg

Really impressed with the car but I’d still pick a Tiago over this because I’m not a big fan of compact sedans. But what really blew me away was the Harman sound system. My goodness, is there anything this side of 20 lakhs that comes close to this? Without a dedicated subwoofer, I was really impressed with the kind of bass the drivers delivered. That said, the UI was a little laggy and wasn’t even fastest to the touch response; ditto while using Apple CarPlay.

Plus I also noticed gas struts for the boot lid which is good but the keyfob won’t open the boot lid. Would have been nice if it did.

Tata Tigor : Official Review-c6ea8d3e1439476ebeaaed73b963b6aa.jpeg
Gannu_1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 19:29   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Wife’s colleague got herself a new Tigor XZ+ recently and I checked the car out.

Attachment 2193473

Really impressed with the car but I’d still pick a Tiago over this because I’m not a big fan of compact sedans. But what really blew me away was the Harman sound system. My goodness, is there anything this side of 20 lakhs that comes close to this? Without a dedicated subwoofer, I was really impressed with the kind of bass the drivers delivered. That said, the UI was a little laggy and wasn’t even fastest to the touch response; ditto while using Apple CarPlay.

Plus I also noticed gas struts for the boot lid which is good but the keyfob won’t open the boot lid. Would have been nice if it did.

Attachment 2193474
Long press headlight on switch on the remote ( for about 4 seconds) and the boot will unlock . It is electro magnetic release.
Nanolover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 19:09   #293
BHPian

Hello everyone. We got our Tigor XZA+ delivered to us on June 4th 2021. So it's been 84 days and we have clocked 6666KMs till now. I want to post a detailed ownership review but I don't know how to start a new thread. Can someone give me some info regarding the same?
Me and my Dad are very happy with our purchase as of now. The car is returning 12-17KMPL. It is a Fill it, shut it, drive it car. Attaching some images our car
The Hyundai Verna 1.6D in the last image belongs to my cousin who is also a Teambhpian. He has five TBHP stickers on the Boot and side panels of his car. He is a true enthusiast who maintains his car so well. It has crossed 1Lakh KMs but still runs like brand new.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tigor : Official Review-20210604_091011.jpg  

Tata Tigor : Official Review-20210604_083341.jpg  

Tata Tigor : Official Review-20210604_082435.jpg  

Tata Tigor : Official Review-20210819_134743.jpg  

Tata Tigor : Official Review-20210819_091358.jpg  

Tata Tigor : Official Review-20210827_175636.jpg  

Tata Tigor : Official Review-20210819_134853.jpg  

Tata Tigor : Official Review-20210819_134846.jpg  

Tata Tigor : Official Review-20210825_141959.jpg  

Thatautoguy46 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 10:48   #294
BHPian

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
Hello Team-BHP,

I'm writing this email to share a quality concern due to which I faced a major issue in my Tata Tigor XZA+ AMT BS6.

Details:

The rubber gasket of the engine oil filler cap broke (the car is Feb-2020 model, only 4,500 km driven, last serviced in Feb-2021) and the oil spilled around the engine bay. I noticed this when I unsuspectingly, and out of normal habit, opened the bonnet and did a usual inspection. Please see the images attached.

Tata Tigor : Official Review-img_20211019_112417.jpg

Tata Tigor : Official Review-img_20211019_112007.jpg

Despite the oil leakage due to this, there was no engine oil warning sign on the dashboard and the car had kept running with a minor increase in vibrations. There was no increase in the engine temperature.

After noticing this, I brought the car to KHT Motors service center and this was fixed with a new cap and gasket under warranty.

I have never experienced this kind of an issue in the past with any other cars that I have owned and driven.

Despite being a proud supporter of Tata cars, this has surely made me suspicious of the product quality offered to me and I'm not sure how to not expect such issues in the future.
UtkarshC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 16:30   #295

Thanks @UtkarshC for posting this. I have now joined Team-BHP.

Some further updates on the below issue:

1. After getting the Oil cap fixed and engine belt replaced, I have now driven the car around 1000+ kms and don't see any further issues or leakage.
2. City mileage is around 13 kmpl (Bangalore).
3. No 'increase' in engine noise and vibrations. Just the 'regular' bearable noise and vibrations of the 1.2L 3-cyl Revotron engine.
n_pathak is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 15:23   #296
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Seen this Tata Tigor test mule yesterday in Pune. Is this a facelift?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tigor : Official Review-img20220103175957.jpg  

Tata Tigor : Official Review-img20220103180002.jpg  

Old 9th January 2022, 15:42   #297
BHPian

I have an XT Diesel Tigor, Nov 2017 manufactured, the XT model came with 4 speakers, while they are sufficient I always wanted to get the tweeters fitted. Today while cleaning and fitting the cabin filter just felt an urge to open up and check for provision of tweeter wiring, so removed the door beading, took off the A pillar internal trim and voila! the wire set up is just there, all I need to do is get a set of OEM tweeters, screw them onto the trim, plug it up to the wire, and enjoy a 6 speaker setup.
Dont know if the rear door too has the provision, I am not going to open up the rear door trim just to check, as dont want any rattles. 2 Tweeters would suffice me. Will take up this job in next 15 days will post a before and after video too of the sound quality.
Here are the pics of the setup.
Tata Tigor : Official Review-img20220109150605.jpg
Tata Tigor : Official Review-img20220109150616.jpg
Tata Tigor : Official Review-img20220109150638.jpg
Tata Tigor : Official Review-img20220109151255.jpg
Tata Tigor : Official Review-img20220109151259.jpg
ArTigor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 14:30   #298
BHPian

Major Tigor XZ+ Updates Leaked: New color, automatic headlamps and wipers, new interior theme.

Major changes to the Tigor XZ+ model includes a new Magnetic Red color, new silver alloys, a premium interior theme, automatic wipers and headlamps among other changes. Updates on the Tiago as well, which has been posted in its official review [EDIT: Link (Tata Tiago : Official Review)].

N.B: Received on WhatsApp, cannot confirm yet whether genuine or not. Mods please feel free to remove if needed.

Tata Tigor : Official Review-tigor-1.jpeg

Tata Tigor : Official Review-tigor-2.jpeg

Tata Tigor : Official Review-tigor-3.jpeg

Tata Tigor : Official Review-tigor-4.jpeg

Tata Tigor : Official Review-tigor-5.jpeg

Tata Tigor : Official Review-tigor-6.jpeg

Tata Tigor : Official Review-tigor-7.jpeg

Tata Tigor : Official Review-tigor-8.jpeg

Tata Tigor : Official Review-tigor-9.jpeg

Last edited by sravankrishnan : 18th January 2022 at 14:33.
sravankrishnan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 16:09   #299

Hello Friends
Need help and guidance.

My budget is 10-12 Lakhs and this will be my first car. I want to go for automatic. Which car should I buy?
Old 12th July 2022, 16:10   #300

Hi Viransh,

Since you have asked in this thread and if you're inclined towards buying an EV, Tigor EV should fit right into the requirements you have listed.

Most Viewed