Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2019, 19:38   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tigor : Official Review

September 2019 update to Tigor and Tiago's instrument cluster (and possibly touchscreen HU) courtesy FB:
Tata Tigor : Official Review-img20191021wa0012.jpg

Tata Tigor : Official Review-img20191021wa0013.jpg
DCEite is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 10:58   #242
BHPian

I have noticed something additional also

- Apple Car play?
- Central Lock button also moved to below touchscreen?
Old 22nd October 2019, 16:20   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
- Apple Car play?
The unit is pretty much based on the Nexon's. So AA/ACP will be there for sure. No surprise either. Most cars have it now & Tigor is already lacking sales. Tata has to throw the kitchen sink at it to get it moving & glad to see the updates on the ICE to be whole hearted. The button strip under the ICE head unit also seems similar (not identical) to the Nexon so the door lock button indeed is in it. I guess BCM part sharing is going to be more between the Tiago-Tigor-Nexon now. Especially since the Tiago (and Tigor also?) are also going for the GNCAP 5 Star test & will need similar electronic controls & capabilities like the Nexon on door locks etc. Makes sense to share more parts.

I'll never be able to like a digital driver console. Perhaps generation gap!
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 10:03   #244
Senior - BHPian

Update on burning smell issue:

Have visited Tata's service few more times, they seem to be eager to somehow not acknowledge the issue! Have no hopes of getting this resorted form them, hence gave my car to an private garage.

Good news is that one temporary solution has been found, revving the car in neutral for few seconds seems to have some effect Had few runs after doing this and the smell is completely gone! Smell might return after few normal days of commutes BUT revving the engine is no big task and can be done every now and then to keep the smell away for good. will update if this actually works out in the long run.

Hope this is helpful to all the frustrated owners dealing with this issue.

Other updates : No issues after the 3rd service, runs fine rides fine, no complains.
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 00:01   #245
BHPian

A friend is looking to buy the Tigor XZ+ petrol. However, the cars that werr on display, none of them had the digital instrument console as posted by @DCEite a couple of posts above. What am I missing here?

Also, currently the on road price they are offering is around 65-70k of discount (Dealer + TaMo) on the on road price. Is it a good deal or should my friend wait a little longer?
Also, when my friend visited the same dealer around 2 weeks earlier, he was offered around 90k of discount on the on road price but on visit today they reduced the discount saying that the discount was only for that day only (they said this also during the discussion 2 weeks back). Now we are thinking shall we wait a few days more, maybe the december year end offers will kick in?

Last edited by parth.jain : 2nd December 2019 at 00:06.
parth.jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 07:05   #246
Senior - BHPian

Have seen this discount offer on 28th November where the discount for Tigor shown as upto Rs. 1 lakh
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 13:01   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parth.jain View Post
A friend is looking to buy the Tigor XZ+ petrol. However, the cars that werr on display, none of them had the digital instrument console as posted by @DCEite a couple of posts above. What am I missing here?
No surprise. TD/Demo cars are not always immediately changed to match current sale spec since money is invested in them. They get changed as part of routine lifecycle. As long as you/friend purchase a car after the VIN cutoff for new head unit & instrument cluster, you'll get the new one. You can simply tell the dealership that you want from the fresh stock & not from existing one. They'll ensure.
Quote:
Also, currently the on road price they are offering is around 65-70k of discount (Dealer + TaMo) on the on road price. Is it a good deal or should my friend wait a little longer?
Also, when my friend visited the same dealer around 2 weeks earlier, he was offered around 90k of discount on the on road price but on visit today they reduced the discount saying that the discount was only for that day only (they said this also during the discussion 2 weeks back). Now we are thinking shall we wait a few days more, maybe the december year end offers will kick in?
Waiting is a bit of a Russian roulette. It can go either way. 90k discount seems too much for a Tigor. I think that was more of a stock clearance of older stock lying around in yard. If the current stock is fresh with new features it won't get such heavy discount. I feel upto 70k odd is a good deal. You can work out a bit more on insurance by checking outside (online).
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 13:04   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post

- Apple Car play?
The Tigor has had Apple CarPlay for months now, I just checked their website and it has Android Auto too.

Here's the link
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 15:30   #249
BHPian

I purchased a petrol Tigor XZ+ in October. The dealer is asking me to opt for extended warranty (3 years - approx. 17k) and AMC (called P2P approx. 10k). Please see the attached details. I have a feeling to go for both. Do the experts here think its really required?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Extended warranty.pdf (40.9 KB, 247 views)
File Type: pdf P2P_contract__1_.pdf (399.5 KB, 169 views)
altoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 18:37   #250
Senior - BHPian

I bought my Tigor XZA on 12th Sept, 2018. They pushed me to take AMC & EW but told them that I will consider later.

On 12th Sept, 2019, I checked with them the rate for AMC & EW and they quoted as under:

P2P plan: Rs.7583.73 (incl taxes) for 4 years/45000 kms.

EW: Rs.6777 for additional one year or Rs.12,223 for additional two years or 100,000Kms.

At that time I have taken only the P2P plan paying Rs.7583.73 and told them that will consider EW later.

On 12th Nov, 2019 I called them for the quote for EW, and the rate quoted was:

= 2 year OEM warranty + additional 1 year or upto 75000 kms (whichever is earlier) : Rs.8068

= 2 year OEM warranty + additional 2 years or upto 100000Kms (whichever is earlier): Rs. 15631.

= 2 year OEM warranty + additional 3 years or upto 125000kms (whichever is earlier): Rs. 19867

I opted for 1 year, additional EW at Rs.8068 (on 12th Sept, the rate was Rs.6777 and because 2 months delay, I had to pay extra Rs.1291/-.
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 18:40   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
... because 2 months delay, I had to pay extra Rs.1291/-.
The EW pricing is based on cost of parts, and naturally when prices increase the EW pricing will also increase. Since EW is applicable for specific duration, it does make sense to get it early. Most of us take a car loan to buy a car, and when the EW is included in the purchase price, we could try include it in the EMI we pay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by altoman View Post
I have a feeling to go for both. Do the experts here think its really required?
Go for it. EW is like an insurance against parts failures beyond the warranty period. And AMC esp the Gold package is directly dependent on the EW

Last edited by condor : 21st December 2019 at 18:42.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 19:03   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I picked up a Tigor XZ+ Nov 19 manufacture and it has the digital console. The models on display may be from an older batch. Use the VIN of those models to see when they were manufactured. If digital console is not absolutely necessary, try to negotiate a better deal for any of the display cars.

As for price negotiations, if you show a firm interest and sit down with a chequebook in hand, you might see better results. If mind is not made up, the sales staff won't be too serious.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 00:03   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
As for price negotiations, if you show a firm interest and sit down with a chequebook in hand, you might see better results. If mind is not made up, the sales staff won't be too serious.
A deal was finalized(which was a bit costlier than the original deal) involving the exchange of his Dzire & the booking amount was duly transferred on 6th Dec'19(of Rs 5000) with Treo Tata, Safdarjung Enclave, Delhi for the latest model of Tigor XZ+ petrol. They promised that the car will be delivered within 10-12 days maximum(They said this timeframe includes buffer margin in case there are some problems in dispatch from factory). But after the booking, it feels that they are not very interested in delivering the car anytime soon. Their SA or the team leader seldom picks or return calls. They would say that they are working on it and give an update soon. Also, around 2 days ago when asked for the VIN number for our assigned car, they said that VIN numbers aren't allotted yet. My friend was running after them asking for details and estimated delivery date but he was not getting a reply.

Today, finally they had the time to take the call(after repeated attempts) and informed that the car will be delivered by 31st December only. Actually the car was being bought for my friend's father and he got really frustrated with all this and dropped the plan to change his car. Also, he was inclined to change his car before the last week of December before the renewal of his Dzire's insurance (quote around 20k). He has asked to cancel the booking and Treo was happy to oblige.

I don't know if buying a car is supposed to be like this but this experience was not a good one. When I bought my Zest in 2015, things were not very smooth but I had a much better buying experience. Tigor is a fine car and it's sad to see that potential customers are being shooed away like this at a time when Tata Motors is itself struggling.

Last edited by parth.jain : 22nd December 2019 at 00:10.
parth.jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 00:18   #254
BHPian

Today me, wife and dad test drove the tigor AMT and below are my observations:
- Car felt peppy as compared to Nexon petrol AMT. In sports mode in b2b traffic it felt jerky.
- Brakes felt spongy. But I guess it's a matter of getting used to.
- 3 adults at the back is not much of an issue as the rear seat stretches all the way till the doors so the folks sitting at corners get ample soft cushioning. This was not the case with Nexon. There 3 at back was a squeeze.
- Extremely easy to move around due to its compact dimensions. Also the ride quality is brilliant.

Unfortunately I haven't had an opportunity to drive it at highs speeds so I've never been able to get a sense of its behaviour at triple digit speeds and to get a first hand experience of how it's engine performs (basis the general assumption that the engine is underpowered).
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 06:20   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know if buying a car is supposed to be like this but this experience was not a good one. When I bought my Zest in 2015, things were not very smooth but I had a much better buying experience. Tigor is a fine car and it's sad to see that potential customers are being shooed away like this at a time when Tata Motors is itself struggling.
Sorry to hear about your friend's experience. I had a smooth sailing on the other hand. Perhaps it's dealer specific, or perhaps it's because of the production freeze or some such reason.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks