Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2017, 11:35   #181
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
None of the sedans under 10 lakh bracket will provide comfortable seating for 6 foot plus occupants in the back seat. Maybe the Ciaz, but I haven't checked that out. For a small city car Wagon R is excellent. The Ertiga or TUV 300 is what you should look at, for a tall passengers in the back.

Somebody correct me if there are other options.
Honda BR-V as well (with the adjustable second row seats), albeit it costs a wee bit more than 10 lakhs on road .
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 13:20   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
• You can buy proper ATs (e.g. torque-converter or DCT) for the same $$$ as the Dzire AMT
I'm seriously considering to purchase this car (AMT VXi/ZXi) for my father. He prefers an automatic and petrol, as vehicle use will be limited (~500-1000 Kms/month)

Could you shed some light as to why you made the above statement? Is AMT tech on Dzire not good (i.e. prone to faults or complaints) and could you suggest the other ATs you had in mind?

Thanks in advance!
Old 21st November 2017, 19:14   #183
BHPian

New limited edition Swift has been launched.. Can we expect the same in Dzire?

https://www.motorbeam.com/maruti-swi...rs-5-44-lakhs/
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-marutiswiftlimitededition.jpg  

Old 21st November 2017, 20:12   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
New limited edition Swift has been launched.. Can we expect the same in Dzire?

https://www.motorbeam.com/maruti-swi...rs-5-44-lakhs/
This is just to finish off with the stock. We may see another one in January. This is mainly because the new generation Swift will be launched at Auto Expo 2018. Dzire has just been launched, forget about such iterations for a year or so.
Old 26th November 2017, 21:30   #185
Senior - BHPian

My mom's Dzire was dispatched from the factory recently and would have been delivered to us in the first week of December. Asked the dealer to allot it to someone else aas it was the end of the year anyways and allot us a car from the next batch. So we will now be getting our Dzire in mid to end Feb as it seems the factory will be down for a bit in Jan.

Anyone picked up black 3D mats for the Dzire ?
Old 27th November 2017, 14:39   #186
BHPian

I am unable to connect to Apple Car Play on the infotainment system. I connected the iphone through the USB port but the 4th quadrant is still showing "Connect your phone through USB". Can anyone throw some light on how this can be solved?
Old 27th November 2017, 15:44   #187
BHPian

Recently did a long trip (Akola - Pune - Goa - Pune - Akola) in my dzire Vdi, got a consistent mileage figure between 27.5 - 28 KMPL with AC on during the whole trip.
Jaeger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 10:32   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
Recently did a long trip (Akola - Pune - Goa - Pune - Akola) in my dzire Vdi, got a consistent mileage figure between 27.5 - 28 KMPL with AC on during the whole trip.

Wonderful mileage. I guess, it's a Manual gear Vdi. Everyone's eyes are on Diesel as dirty fuel, but if the consumption is reduced by 25%, then it automatically helps environment. I'm sure Petrol version can't stretch to this extent.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 15:36   #189
BHPian

Quote:
I am unable to connect to Apple Car Play on the infotainment system. I connected the iphone through the USB port but the 4th quadrant is still showing "Connect your phone through USB". Can anyone throw some light on how this can be solved?
Does it require any app on the phone? For android phones we need android auto. sometime even after connecting the USB cable the screen is completely unresponsive in my case.

in between, has anyone tried to mirror their phone on the suzuki smart infotainment system? i saw a video on youtube but it was for a samsung galaxy phone and the apps suggested are not compatible with Xiaomi redmi phones.
Old 28th November 2017, 15:44   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhro1988 View Post
Please plug in a pendrive and verify your USB port is not the culprit here. Also, does your iPhone charge when connected? The Apple Car play provided here in Maruti cars connect only through wires- Bluetooth connection is not supported. Kindly check the corresponding settings in the phone as well.
I had the exact issue of "phone not recognized" and it turned out that port was faulty. Got the USB port replaced from MASS, under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Does it require any app on the phone? For android phones we need android auto.
iPhone does not need any specific app for connecting to Apple Car play.

Last edited by autospeaker : 28th November 2017 at 15:47.
autospeaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 09:56   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Also, does your iPhone charge when connected? The Apple Car play provided here in Maruti cars connect only through wires- Bluetooth connection is not supported. Kindly check the corresponding settings in the phone as well.
Thanks autospeaker for your inputs. The iPhone charges when it is connected. After a bit of research on the internet I found out that the culprit was a setting on the phone. I had to go to Settings -> General -> Restrictions and there Apple CarPlay was restricted. Had to remove the restriction for CarPlay through a toggle switch and now it works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
I agree that the mileage is quite good. I have a zdi+ and I am using it for daily commute of 70Km each day within city traffic. With 4 people onboard, wider tyres and 100% AC I am still getting ~22-23kmpl.
Old 8th December 2017, 16:31   #192
Senior - BHPian

Maruti has issued a voluntary recall for the new Dzire due to a possible fault in the rear-wheel hub. Dubbed as a ‘service campaign’ the recall will affect 21,494 examples of the Dzire, manufactured between February 23, 2017 and July 10, 2017.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new..._medium=Social
Old 10th December 2017, 15:17   #193
BHPian

Is there any link where we can check if our car is part of this recall.
Old 14th December 2017, 13:13   #194
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My goodness, this is one heck of an overachiever! The new Dzire is like the 'Michael Schumacher' of compact sedans .

From Maruti's press release:
Quote:
In 2008-09, there were 4 players in the entry-level sedan segment and the Dzire accounted for 41% market share in the segment. In 2016-17, the number of players in the entry-level sedan segment have shot up to 11, while Dzire's market share has shot up to 50%.
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-dzire-image-1.jpg

Quote:
What’s more interesting is, in Q2 2017-18, Dzire's market share in the entry level segment rose to 63% against 51% in the Q2 of 2016-17.
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-dzire-image-2.jpg

Quote:
Dzire achieved the fastest 1 lakh sales in the Indian automobile industry in 5.5 months. Who is the buyer? The average MHI of the customer has also increased. Now, more affluent families are opting for the Dzire. Among the top three reasons, it is the looks of the Dzire that have made it a runaway success.
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-dzire-image-3.jpg

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-capture.jpg
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 18:54   #195
BANNED

I know of few families where the teenagers were adamant about Dzire because it's front view had resemblance to Mini! And Dzire doesn't look like a compact sedan, it's handsome than few sedans and for sure is the best looking compact sedan. The interiors are a no contest. The only grouse I have is that soulless steering, but the mass market don't care a hoot! The designers really have to be given a standing ovation!!!

Last edited by The Rationalist : 14th December 2017 at 18:56.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks