Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2017, 22:24   #196
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire : Official Review

Maruti has come up with a safety campaign video regarding importance of wearing seatbelts.

I think the colour of the Dzire seen in the video is new. Are they planning to launch a new special edition colour so soon?
Old 20th December 2017, 23:06   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhro1988 View Post
Maruti has come up with a safety campaign video regarding importance of wearing seatbelts.

I think the colour of the Dzire seen in the video is new. Are they planning to launch a new special edition colour so soon?
That's camera and lighting at play. It's the Oxford Blue shade. But I agree, it looks like the shade of the Older Gen 2 Dzire.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 19:19   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesj View Post
I'm seriously considering to purchase this car (AMT VXi/ZXi) for my father. He prefers an automatic and petrol, as vehicle use will be limited (~500-1000 Kms/month)

Could you shed some light as to why you made the above statement? Is AMT tech on Dzire not good (i.e. prone to faults or complaints) and could you suggest the other ATs you had in mind?

Thanks in advance!
Don't. AMT on Dzire is as jerky as it could get. One of our relatives recently got top end Dzire diesel AMT and it sucks! Yes, it looks better than the outgoing model, has lots of comfort and space but this is where it all ends. Driving a car worth almost 11 lacs on road should give you a good experience but this car is so disappointing. The gearbox is confused most of the times, jerky and lethargic. Came out utterly disappointed. Go for manual or else some other car maybe but no AMT please. Just my two cents.
Col Mehta is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 12:46   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Don't. AMT on Dzire is as jerky as it could get. One of our relatives recently got top end Dzire diesel AMT and it sucks! Yes, it looks better than the outgoing model, has lots of comfort and space but this is where it all ends. Driving a car worth almost 11 lacs on road should give you a good experience but this car is so disappointing. The gearbox is confused most of the times, jerky and lethargic. Came out utterly disappointed. Go for manual or else some other car maybe but no AMT please. Just my two cents.
Can't comment on the diesel AMT varient of the new Dzire, but i drive a petrol AMT, and yes the gear box acts weird at times. But once you note the RPMs at which gear shifting happens, all you need to do is just release the gas pedal for a moment and you would have a much smoother ride. I have even seen the pickup also improve now as compared to when i bought it first in November.

Initially i got frustrated with the multiple gear changes and a loss of power when gear shift happens but now i realize that if you drive the car at lower RPM the gear shifts will be more frequent. Driving the AMT in bangalore traffic is actually a boon!

How about the mileage i get in my car? till date i have done 3100 KM in 2.5 months and the mileage reading on the car says around 15.6 KMPL for combined city and highway (around 1700KM was highway rest in B to B traffic in bangalore). On highways i drove in Manual mode where you get nice pickup and mileage.

Funnily the live mileage indicator in the MID shows the reading as 50 KMPL at certain speed/gears! never seen it go past 50 KMPL though!
Old 14th January 2018, 14:46   #200
BHPian

Can anyone help me in removing chrome from plastic car grill?
The enormous amount of chrome on the front fascia of the dzire makes it look ugly.
I want to paint the grill in matte black shade but the problem of adhesion exists if you want to spray over the chrome plastic parts.
So the problem is - how to remove the chrome from plastic?
Old 14th January 2018, 15:40   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaljain View Post
Simplest process to get rid of chrome would be pasting of Matt black or carbon fiber pattern vinyl over it. Can be a DIY if you have the patience.
Old 14th January 2018, 16:40   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Simplest process to get rid of chrome would be pasting of Matt black or carbon fiber pattern vinyl over it. Can be a DIY if you have the patience.
I guess the vinyl decals won't stick over it firmly and even if it does, just because of the curves the finishing won't be there.
Old 14th January 2018, 16:55   #203
BHPian

Quote:
I guess the vinyl decals won't stick over it firmly and even if it does, just because of the curves the finishing won't be there.
Your best shot at it could be contacting your nearest 3M Car Care & asking them if they’ve ever wrapped a front grill before.
If their response is positive, you could get the grill wrapped by them.
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 20:24   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone help me in removing chrome from plastic car grill?
The enormous amount of chrome on the front fascia of the dzire makes it look ugly.
I want to paint the grill in matte black shade but the problem of adhesion exists if you want to spray over the chrome plastic parts.
I masked the chrome on the rear of my Baleno. I went to the 3M initially and they said the wrap would not stick. I just went to a local stickering shop and they did it. They used matt sticker, heat gun and it took around 30 minutes to do it. Price was Rs.500.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-img_0088.jpg  

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-img_0089.jpg  

amvj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 17:51   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjha086 View Post
I took out my Dzire for a spin earlier this evening. We were four people in total. It's a demanding task to negotiate Dzire through bad roads. Unfortunately, I scraped twice today. Been one week with Dzire. First such episode. And I'm sure more such episodes are waiting for me. On well laid tarmac, it performs so well. The ground clearance can't be increased. Hope the road gets better.
I was planning to get Dzire i a week or two. But I have concerns regarding the 163mm ground clearance. After seeing this post I' seriously thinking of considering other cars too. Would like to receive input from other users too.
Old 16th January 2018, 11:45   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
I was planning to get Dzire i a week or two. But I have concerns regarding the 163mm ground clearance. After seeing this post I' seriously thinking of considering other cars too. Would like to receive input from other users too.
That's true. Three months and 3500km plus done with my Dzire Vxi. Another 700km or so long trip in coming few weeks and would possibly be making a 2000km return trip to Nainital in March. I should probably write a review sometime later. Anyway, it's a good car and you should buy it. How are roads in your place? I live in Nepal and its pretty bad here. Duster would have been the perfect car for me. But in the end, Dzire fitted most of the criteria. My driving highway:city is 90:10 so far. Probably, because of the poor roads in city, I am reluctant to take it out frequently. Plus, I live in the premises of my workplace and hence, to my workplace from my quarter is just seven minutes of walk. Whenever I take the car out to the city, I scrape it. I am not sure but I make myself happy by telling myself that it must have been the mudflaps that scraped.
amitjha086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 12:19   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Can't comment on the diesel AMT varient of the new Dzire, but i drive a petrol AMT, and yes the gear box acts weird at times. But once you note the RPMs at which gear shifting happens, all you need to do is just release the gas pedal for a moment and you would have a much smoother ride. I have even seen the pickup also improve now as compared to when i bought it first in November.

Initially i got frustrated with the multiple gear changes and a loss of power when gear shift happens but now i realize that if you drive the car at lower RPM the gear shifts will be more frequent. Driving the AMT in bangalore traffic is actually a boon!

How about the mileage i get in my car? till date i have done 3100 KM in 2.5 months and the mileage reading on the car says around 15.6 KMPL for combined city and highway (around 1700KM was highway rest in B to B traffic in bangalore). On highways i drove in Manual mode where you get nice pickup and mileage.

Funnily the live mileage indicator in the MID shows the reading as 50 KMPL at certain speed/gears! never seen it go past 50 KMPL though!
Doesn't DZire AMT come with a "Sport" mode ?

In my Tigor XZA, the Sport mode enables the gearbox to hold the gears longer and upshift at higher RPMs, thereby reducing the chances of premature upshifts. The throttle response too feels a lot better in Sport mode.

In the City mode, the upshifts/downshifts are barely noticable in the Tigor. Perhaps, it maybe due to the weight of the car or the gearbox calibration. If feels almost like a conventional AT except for the shift lag between 1st and 2nd gears.
Old 16th January 2018, 13:00   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Doesn't DZire AMT come with a "Sport" mode ?
No there is only D (for AMT) and M (manual) mode in the new Dzire.

the Manual mode works wonderfully. The car is pretty responsive and if you reduce speeds the gears are automatically downshifted.

All you need to worry about is when to upshift in manual mode. If you have driven manual transmission car before then M mode will be a breeze to use.
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 13:08   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
No there is only D (for AMT) and M (manual) mode in the new Dzire.
Didn't notice this before even after going through the official T-BHP review. All the ATs I have driven now had Sport-mode, and it made highway runs fun while overtaking. How does Dzire perform in that aspect? Wouldn't highway runs and quick overtake in city be a problem if there is no 'Sport' mode?

Also would you mind sharing your input on how the car behaves in bad roads? Since the GC is just 163 mm, I have a feeling that it may scrape majority of the speed-breakers in Bangalore roads.
Old 16th January 2018, 13:39   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Didn't notice this before even after going through the official T-BHP review. All the ATs I have driven now had Sport-mode, and it made highway runs fun while overtaking. How does Dzire perform in that aspect? Wouldn't highway runs and quick overtake in city be a problem if there is no 'Sport' mode?

Also would you mind sharing your input on how the car behaves in bad roads? Since the GC is just 163 mm, I have a feeling that it may scrape majority of the speed-breakers in Bangalore roads.
The M mode does the job like typical sports mode would do in automatics. So high runs using M mode are perfectly fine for steady speeds as well as overtaking. But over takings have to be clearly in M mode and should never be attempted in D mode.

Till date i haven't scraped any speed humps in bangalore. How ever, the car did scrape twice when i had to cross huge pot holes on the chitradurga to hospet stretch. The car was fully loaded (5 ppl and boot full of luggage). The car scraped on the front passengers side both the times
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks