Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2018, 14:05   #211
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
The M mode does the job like typical sports mode would do in automatics. So high runs using M mode are perfectly fine for steady speeds as well as overtaking. But over takings have to be clearly in M mode and should never be attempted in D mode.
Isn't the M mode for manual transmission? You would have to change the gears on your own (without pressing the clutch in this case). Usually AT cars have a dedicated 'Sport' mode along with the 'M' option.
How is the behavior in city when the traffic light turns green? Is the acceleration good in AT mode?

Quote:
Till date i haven't scraped any speed humps in bangalore
That is a big relief!
Old 16th January 2018, 14:26   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't the M mode for manual transmission? You would have to change the gears on your own (without pressing the clutch in this case). Usually AT cars have a dedicated 'Sport' mode along with the 'M' option.
When i say M mode is similar to sports mode, i mean it gives better pickup and punch to the drive as compared to D mode. And yes you indeed have to take care of up shift. Downshifts are handled by the controller in M mode.

Quote:
How is the behavior in city when the traffic light turns green? Is the acceleration good in AT mode?
It is acceptable. If you are a little heavy on the accelerator, then yes pickup is adequate and you can easily move past all the bikes on bangalore roads. Key is you will have to be heavy on the gas for this.
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 14:28   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post

That is a big relief!
Yes this seems like a big ommission by Maruti, considering that other AMT's in segment (Tigor and even Tiago) get Sport Mode.

The TATA compact sedan also has one more advantage over the Dzire. With 170 mm of ground clearance, gliding over rough surfaces is a calm affair.

Ofcourse, the Tigor cannot match the sheer refinement and performance of the K series engine of Maruti, but you can't have best of everything !
DCEite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 15:13   #214
BHPian

I just came back from the Maruti Showroom. I've been quoted an on-road price of Rs.6,56,000 for the Dzire Vxi Manual. The following is the break up -

CSD Depot Price of Rs. 5,64,273
Registration - Rs.50,846
Insurance (Zero dep) - Rs.22,315
Basic Kit - Rs. 7,929
Extended warranty for 3 years/1,00,000Kms - Rs.10,637

Total on road price of Rs.6,56,000

I was told by the Sales Assistant that the Mud Flaps do not come factory fitted and are a part of the basic kit, which also includes various accessories like steering wheel cover, car perfume and floor mats. I find that a little absurd that the car doesn't come with the most fundamental accessory, mud flaps. I read somewhere earlier in the thread that this is a tactic employed by dealerships to make money.

I brought it to the notice of the SA, to which he assured me that it used to be like that before, but it isn't so anymore.

Also, the registration price of Rs.50k seems a lot considering Delhi has 4% road tax for petrol cars under 6 lakhs. Isn't the ex-showroom price (i.e. excluding insurance, etc.) used to calculate the road tax? Even after the MCD parking charges (Rs.4,000), registration, hypothecation, etc., it surely shouldn't come to Rs.50k.

Can anyone please clarify on that?

Thanks.
Old 16th January 2018, 15:43   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
I was told by the Sales Assistant that the Mud Flaps do not come factory fitted and are a part of the basic kit, which also includes various accessories like steering wheel cover, car perfume and floor mats.
Yes, it's true that mud-guard and mud-flaps are additional accessories. They are not factory fitted in any MS Cars. MS have different packages for these additional accessories. MS Dzire has different packages like Exuberance Package & Grandiose Package for accessories.

However it's not necessary to buy the entire package, one can select different accessories as per his/her choice. Instead of buying the entire basic kit you should go for mud-guards and flaps from MGA.

Brochures of Accessories for MS Dzire.

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-dzz.jpg

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-grand.jpg

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-int.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 02:01   #216
BHPian

I think we've got our hearts pretty much set on the Dzire for now. We still want to check out the Ciaz Delta and see if it's worth the extra ~2 Lakhs over the Dzire VXi.

Can someone provide me with an estimate on how much a regular service of the Dzire should cost? Does the extended warranty give any complimentary services? I just got through reading another thread on how Maruti's service has become quite expensive over the years and I'm taken aback by seeing the bills of 9-16k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Yes, it's true that mud-guard and mud-flaps are additional accessories. They are not factory fitted in any MS Cars. MS have different packages for these additional accessories. MS Dzire has different packages like Exuberance Package & Grandiose Package for accessories.
Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Old 18th January 2018, 16:06   #217
Senior - BHPian

Climate control Unit of new Swift is so cool and upmarket. The unit on Dzire seems very out dated and old school. I still don't understand why car manufacturers do this. Now for me its like I want to buy a Dzire but I want interiors of the new Swift
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-dzire.jpg  

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-swift18.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 10:49   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post

I was told by the Sales Assistant that the Mud Flaps do not come factory fitted and are a part of the basic kit, which also includes various accessories like steering wheel cover, car perfume and floor mats. I find that a little absurd that the car doesn't come with the most fundamental accessory, mud flaps. I read somewhere earlier in the thread that this is a tactic employed by dealerships to make money.
Hi, the Dzire does come with mud flaps fitted from the factory. This is a story cooked up by the sales people to con customers into buying the basic kit. Do check out my posts on this a few pages back where I had the exact same question and our extremely knowledgeable BHPians had cleared this for me. I own a Zxi+ and the showroom folks were adamant that I should compulsorily buy the basic accessories kit. I stood my ground and declined to buy it from them, and they finally had to agree. If the showroom forces you to buy the kit, tell them that you would escalate to Maruti.
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:35   #219
BHPian

The mud flaps are factory fitted and you do not have to buy them. I own a Zxi+ AGS and i didn't opt for any accessories from the showroom. The sales manager tried all possible methods in forcing me to purchase the accessories package. I stood my ground and didn't buy anything from them except for floor mats as the car floor is also beige in Dzire
Old 23rd January 2018, 16:11   #220
BHPian

Has anybody tried upgrading the headlamp cluster on a lower model of Maruti Dzire with the one that comes with ZXi+ model?

My father will be taking possession of the ZXi in a week or two. Is it possible to get the Dzire ZXi+ headlamp cluster installed on the Dzire ZXi?

Please share your experience if you tried doing so. Seeking BHPians' advice. Thank you!
Old 24th January 2018, 15:31   #221
BHPian

My fellow owners of new Dzire, can you confirm if the suspension setup on the new dzire is stiffer than the out going model?

I have nitrogen filled on all 4 wheels set at recommended 29 PSI, but i feel the ride is bumpy.

Have traveled in the previous gen Swift Dzire taxis (uber/ola) and always felt the ride was smooth.

am i missing something here or i need to get my car's suspension checked
Old 24th January 2018, 19:23   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have nitrogen filled on all 4 wheels set at recommended 29 PSI, but i feel the ride is bumpy.
Does the car feel equally bumpy even with 4-5 passengers? If no, then most likely the suspensions are stiffened. The effect(stiffness) is compounded with low-profile tyres.

Even my Wagon-R suffers with a stiff suspension, and I believe this is a trait of all new (light-weight)maruti's. Ignis and S-cross are an exception though. Surprisingly, the erstwhile Alto, Wagon R's were smooth at least at speeds <80kmph.
Old 29th January 2018, 17:34   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Does the car feel equally bumpy even with 4-5 passengers?
yes it does! looks like the suspension has been stiffened in the new version
Old 29th January 2018, 17:48   #224
BHPian

Hello!

One strange observation.
I can see on Carwale that MY 2017 NEW Dzires (not the Tour versions) are still in stock with some Pune dealers and are being offered with some (read tiny) discounts.

I find this thing to be really strange for a car which sales 25k+ units per month and which commands a healthy waiting period.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-dzire.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2018, 13:10   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Has anybody tried upgrading the headlamp cluster on a lower model of Maruti Dzire with the one that comes with ZXi+ model?

My father will be taking possession of the ZXi in a week or two. Is it possible to get the Dzire ZXi+ headlamp cluster installed on the Dzire ZXi?
Not sure if its possible as the Projector LED lamps on ZXI+ also have auto on/off feature which is controlled using the option on the indicator stick.

Also have read on another thread that the entire headlamp assembly is fixed with the LED chip inside a sealed casing and there is no separate bulb. So entire assembly should be available.

Try speaking with any service center guys and see what is their take on the headlamp swap

Most Viewed