Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2018, 10:30   #256
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire : Official Review

Taken the delivery of the dzire yesterday.

Here is a quick first look of your car. Will come up with detailed test drive, booking, delivery, ownership experience as I get some time.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180518-5.30.30-pm.jpeg  

vijay.s is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 19:22   #257
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to install the reverse parking camera on my 4 day old dzire zxi. It comes with the reverse parking sensor, but I wanted to install the camera as well.

I have inquired with the maruti dealers and they are quoting 9900/- for a dashboard camera that comes in the size of a little bigger than a matchbox. The screen is very small. They have the display piece of this camera in almost every showroom. It comes with the sensor as well. Probably, they will just install the camera as my car comes pre-built with the sensors.

I wanted suggestions from you all If I should consider installing the reverse parking camera from any of the car accessories shop in Hyderabad?

1) Would that void the warranty?

2) The car accessories folks inform that the procedure is no different from what would be done by the Maruti showroom folks. Even they would end up splicing the wire. I am not happy with the screen size offered by Maruti folks and worried about warranty getting void by installing something after market specially when it requires tampering with the electric modules. The showroom folks inform of having a direct socket to socket interface which does not require them to splice any wire. Is this true?

3) If there is nothing to worry about installing the camera from outside, any suggestions on which car accessories shop is reliable for this job? (I stay near gachibowli, but I am open to anyone that is reliable and would execute the job cleanly). Which brand to consider and at what price? I am only looking for the camera and not the navigation.

Also, I am considering going for the full mating as I can see that within 4 days of buying the car, the carpet is getting soiled and would only get worse. Again, If there are any reliable car decors shops that do this job well, I would be more than happy to go there to this job done. Which brand to consider and at what price?

Thanks.
Old 29th May 2018, 18:45   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Dzire completes one year - Here is how the variants fare with the buyers:

Quote:
petrol variants of Maruti Suzuki Dzire has contributed to over 60% of the car's total sales. The AGS variants have also been in demand with about 20% of the total Dzire customers opting for the AMT gearbox on the Maruti Suzuki Dzire.
Quote:
In the Financial year 2017-18, Maruti Suzuki sold over 1.97 lakh units of its Dzire and the car also remains the second most car sold in the month of April 2018 after the all-new Swift by registering a domestic sales of 21,401 units. The company has also exported over 6,600 units of Dzire to its export markets.
Quote:
The bigger success of the Maruti Suzuki Dzire comes from its higher level of local content. Maruti Suzuki claims over 98% locally sourced components on its Dzire and doing this has allowed the company to keep the cost of the car in check
Here are the major suppliers contributing to the localization of Maruti Dzire:

Name:  ScreenShot20180529at11.42.10AM612x413.png
Views: 12008
Size:  230.4 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th May 2018 at 18:46.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 22:11   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hi volkman10,

Is there a similar supplier infographic for the Hyundai i20?
Old 30th May 2018, 22:52   #260
BHPian

I have booked the ZDI+ AMT version. What is the ideal mileage that I can expect in a peak hour driving scenario?
Old 5th June 2018, 09:51   #261
BHPian

Hello everyone!

Surprised to see this thread being so silent, especially when company is selling 20+ K copies of it every month.

Anyways. My query is has anyone fitted CNG kit on their Dzire?
Does company / dealer offer it?
Can we have it in combination with AMT box?
Old 5th June 2018, 18:18   #262
BHPian

HI All,

Has anyone been able to get a cover on the boot lid of their Dzire?

The exposed boot lid looks ugly for a car costing 10L+
Old 21st June 2018, 21:43   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
New clamshell bonnet has a smooth design with no prominent cuts or creases. The complete nose area is actually the front bumper . The bonnet ends fairly above the front grille. As a result, in case of a mild forward collision, there are lesser chances of denting the sheet metal of the car
Even the internals of the New Dzire has way too much plastic parts before any significant stuff starts:

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-20180619_104732.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 17:32   #264
Senior - BHPian

Maruti launches Special Edition Dzire priced at Rs. 5.56 lakh

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-dzire-special-edition.jpg

According to a media report, Maruti Suzuki has launched a special edition Dzire with added features. It is available in base petrol (LXi) and diesel (LDi) variants priced at Rs. 5.56 lakh and Rs. 6.56 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) respectively.

The Special Edition Dzire gets front power windows, remote central locking, rear parking sensors, audio system with 2-speakers and Bluetooth as well as wheel covers. Additionally, safety features like ABS with brake assist and dual front airbags are standard across all variants of the Dzire.

The Maruti Dzire is powered by a 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine which makes 82 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 113 Nm of torque @ 4,200 rpm. The diesel version employs a 1.3-litre, 4-cylinder oil burner that puts out 74 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 190 Nm @ 2,000 rpm. In the base trim, the Dzire is only offered with a 5-speed manual transmission. A 5-speed AMT is available on higher trim levels.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 20:23   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Thanks. Good information for those who are interested to maintain the car for long term.
Injectors (I count Common Rail bar also here) are by BOSCH/DENSO, Who is the fuel pump supplier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Even the internals of the New Dzire has way too much plastic parts before any significant stuff starts:

Attachment 1773965
Is there separate fan for condenser & radiator or the same cost cutting concept applied here?
Old 2nd September 2018, 11:05   #266
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Spotted this MS Dzire at Anand. IMHO, this S-Cross grill looks better than original grill of MS Dzire.

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-dz.jpg

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-fdz.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd September 2018 at 11:14. Reason: Post moved to Official Review thread. A grill alone doesn't qualify for the tasteful modifications thread.
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 08:31   #267
BHPian

I'd like to update fellow dzire owners with one issue that I have been facing. Driven Vxi for a little over 10600km. There is a humming sound when I decelerate. Its more audible in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears and speed lower than 20kmph. Its also present is other gears. But probably due to road and wind noise, this humming noise is a little difficult to appreciate in higher gears.
I raised this issue with my local dealer in Birgunj for multiple times since 3K on my odo. That's when I began to appreciate this noise. One of the mechanics at MASS, said there's definitely some sound but couldn't diagnose where its coming from. Then at 8K on my odo, they had my car inspected by another mechanic who MASS had just acquired from Ford. He said the sound probably is from gearbox but there's nothing to worry. 3 weeks ago, this dealership inaugurated its upgraded service center in Birgunj. They had invited the CEO of importer of MS cars in Nepal (Chaudhary Group). When I scaled up this issue to him, he immediately got me in touch with the service head in Kathmandu. Yesterday, they sent a mechanic from Kathmandu to Birgunj. After the test drive, they concluded that there are issues with the bearing in the gearbox and they need to be changed.
Has anyone faced similar issue? This mechanic told me that there were other cars in Kathmandu facing similar problem. I hope driving until the bearing are changed would be safe.
amitjha086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 15:12   #268
Senior - BHPian

Our Feb 18 Manual Petrol VXI has a couple of peculiar problems that the SVC claims are normal
When shifting from 1st to 2nd, when the clutch is depressed there is a slight jerk and you can hear something wobbling in the engine compartment. This happens every time unless the clutch is actuated very slowly and gently. The sound also is not very loud and can only be heard if the surroundings are quiet.
What could be the cause of this ?

The second problem is also kind of related. I don't drive that car so often and cannot easily recreate the conditions when it occurs. The problem is that in 4th gear the gear lever twitches sometimes. It's definitely not normal vibration but small side to side movements. Since I rarely drive the car and that too don't often get to take it up to 4th gear, it might happen while going over bumps, depressing clutch to upshift or downshift or maybe when slightly ease up on the accelerator and then press it again. After the ASS did a bit of clutch play adjustment to address the first issue, it once happened in 2nd gear also.

Is it possible that both these issues are related ? Could be clutch or gearbox related maybe ?
Also I'm getting pretty low mileage out of the car. Just between 7-8kmpl MID indicated which I feel is on the lower side for the car even with 100% city driving with the AC on
Old 25th January 2019, 20:24   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post

Is it possible that both these issues are related ? Could be clutch or gearbox related maybe ?
Yes looks like it.
Try visiting another ASC. If again you receive an opinion that it is normal, visit a competent FNG, take their opinion, go back to the ASC state that opinion and escalate the problem to Maruti directly.
Most times ASC gives that lame answer that it is NORMAL. They don’t want to address a time consuming problem.
Must be Mesh problem in the gear box or some issue with the clutch.
Get it addressed completely as your car is in warranty.
Old 26th January 2019, 16:07   #270
Senior - BHPian

Thanks I'll try that out. They have meanwhile asked me to come and test drive another car to compare. You feel that both issues are related to the synchromesh ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks