Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2020, 20:37   #331
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire : Official Review

BIL owns a Dzire VDI (March -2019). He drove my Figo S TDCI sometime ago and has been bitten with the handling of the Figo. He is looking to improve the handling of his Dzire VDI. I suggested a remap which could help the car feel more peppier and faster however it is the soft suspensions and disconnected steering feel that he wishes to improve. Having driven few Fiats and with the same MJD engine, I don't blame him for having such thoughts. There can be some good modifications to make the Dzire come close to a say Punto or Aspire S.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 6th September 2020 at 20:39.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 19:08   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
However, the gearbox suffers from slow gearshifts (particularly during upshifting) and there is a delay of a second or so from the time one gear is disengaged and the next one is engaged. This results in a jerk and as we've noticed in other AMTs - the lull in acceleration makes your head bob forward.
When my BIL took delivery of their DZire couple years ago, it was me that drove the car home. I remember trying the D mode, but finding it irritating as pointed out in the review above, I had shifted to M mode.

After a long time I drove the car yesterday, mainly to check out the AMT, for someone who is looking at getting a Celerio AMT. While experienced drivers would find the jerky gearshifts in D mode irritating, I doubt this would be a dealbreaker for a person new to driving / automatics.

While forward movement in D seemed more or less same as our A-Star_AT with the Creep function, I inadvertently found a difference in the Reverse mode. Not sure if it has already been shared here, but since it can be a potential issue, posting it here. After driving a few kms, I was returning back and was turning on a narrow road. The road sloped down at the edge into a drain after which there is a wall.

With the front of the car pointed into the slope, after engaging Reverse gear, I lift my leg off the brake pedal, assuming the car will hold still like in our A-Star, but the car moves forward, which was a surprise for me. I then do what we do in manual cars (quick shift from B to A pedal) and get out of the situation. But a newbie driver could end up with the car hitting the wall. Hence thought of sharing here.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th October 2020 at 22:54. Reason: As requested
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 20:01   #333
Senior - BHPian

I was speaking to a neighbour who bought Maruti Dzire in January 2020. He is little confused with tyre pressure. He has Apollo Amazer tyres. He said that MASS advised him to maintain 33 psi, but looks like the recommended cold tyre pressure as per the sticker on the door frame is 29 psi (2 bar). I would like to know the ideal tyre pressure for Maruti Dzire with Apollo Amazer tyres.
Old 21st December 2020, 21:44   #334
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know how to set the clock on the Dzire VXi MID ? For the life of me I can find it in the settings menu or anything in the manual. All I can find is changing the format from 12Hr to 24Hr
Old 21st December 2020, 22:01   #335
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Does anyone know how to set the clock on the Dzire VXi MID ? For the life of me I can find it in the settings menu or anything in the manual. All I can find is changing the format from 12Hr to 24Hr
Not sure which model year you have, but if it's a newer one, you can search on Google/YouTube.
Here's one I found which says long press of 3-4 seconds on the MID Stalk should take you to clock settings -

Last edited by NPV : 21st December 2020 at 22:03.
Old 21st December 2020, 22:07   #336
Senior - BHPian

Thanks I will give it a shot. I did this but could only find the 12-24hr setting
Old 21st December 2020, 22:12   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Which year model it is? If its 'Swift' Dzire then this should help.Maruti Dzire : Official Review-img_20201221_220558.jpg

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-img_20201221_220702.jpg

If your car is 3rd gen, then please ignore this post.
Old 21st December 2020, 22:22   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know how to set the clock on the Dzire VXi MID ? For the life of me I can find it in the settings menu or anything in the manual.
Here's a snapshot of owners manual (3rd generation Dzire)-
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-img_20201221_22103402.jpeg  

Old 22nd December 2020, 01:22   #339
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot guys, I guess I missed it somehow
Old 2nd January 2021, 03:48   #340
Senior - BHPian

Guys can anyone confirm if the current dzire vxi shows outside temperature on the mid? I'm pretty sure I saw it being displayed in a YouTube video but my car isn't. Do I need to turn it on?
Old 12th February 2021, 20:57   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Guys can anyone confirm if the current dzire vxi shows outside temperature on the mid? I'm pretty sure I saw it being displayed in a YouTube video but my car isn't. Do I need to turn it on?
No Sir, Dzire zxi and zxi+ shows outside temperature on the MID. Actually if a car has Automatic Climate Control system, that car shows outside temperature in the MID. So dzire vxi does not show this.
indrasis_gun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 21:32   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Dzire VDi AMT and VXi AMT shows outside temperature but not VDI or VXi.
Old 12th February 2021, 22:03   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrasis_gun View Post
No Sir, Dzire zxi and zxi+ shows outside temperature on the MID. Actually if a car has Automatic Climate Control system, that car shows outside temperature in the MID. So dzire vxi does not show this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sree5999 View Post
Dzire VDi AMT and VXi AMT shows outside temperature but not VDI or VXi.
Thats stupid of Maruti as even the swift lxi shows the outside temperature. Is there a way to enable the feature?
Old 2nd April 2021, 17:34   #344

Hi. My uncle owns a Maruti Suzuki Dzire VXi (BS6) 2019 (Manual Transmission). Right from the beginning there is one issue which is observed regarding the AC Fan Blower.

Details regarding the Fan Blower Issue -
Since this is a Manual Transmission vehicle, when the Fan Speed is kept on 3 or 4 and the vehicle is in motion, especially in the 1st and 2nd Gear, the Airflow from the Vents automatically gets reduced for some time and keeps fluctuating. When car is Idle the Airflow is consistent.

This time during the First Paid Service (2Year/20,000km), I reported this issue to the Maruti Service Center - Automotive Manufacturers, Kurla.

After service found the same issue and hence did not take the car from the service center. The Service Advisor assured that they will check the issue again and get it resolved the next day.

Second Day- The service advisor gives me a call that the Blower Unit would be replaced under warranty. I go to pick the vehicle from the Service Center and find that the issue is not resolved again. The SA requests for another day to get the issue checked.

Third Day(Today - 02/04/2021) - I call the SA to enquire and he tells me that the Software will be updated and they will check if the issue gets solved.

I receive a call in the evening stating that they performed the update and yet the same issue persists. The SA told me that this is not an issue, but a feature of the car that when there is a load on the Air Conditioner when the Car is moving automatically the airflow is reduced.

As per him, they checked 4-5 vehicles in the service center and all of them i.e Manual Transmission Vehicles with Manual AC show this kind of behaviour.

Is anyone else having this issue?

What steps should I take in such a case?

NOTE - I have not found the Air Conditioner to be ineffective at any point of time and just want to be sure that this is not a Defect, since the Car is now under Extended Warranty and not the Standard Warranty from Maruti Suzuki.
Old 2nd April 2021, 19:57   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvonnee View Post
Hi. My uncle owns a Maruti Suzuki Dzire VXi (BS6) 2019 (Manual Transmission). Right from the beginning there is one issue which is observed regarding the AC Fan Blower.

I'm experiencing the same thing in our petrol manual VXI. The blower fan speed changes based on engine load. Was also told it's normal as was my other issue of gear lever moving about in 4th gear and a clatter from the engine bay when switching from 1st to 2nd. I was asked to check out the same in another customers car but obviously I declined. This was my experience with two different workshops
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed