Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2017, 18:47   #91
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
You did 89k kms in 1.5 years?!
Indeed.We travel a fair bit. My uncle who previously owned 2 different swifts belonging to the same generation covered 1 lakh plus on each within a span of 2 years.
B O V is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 22:53   #92
Senior - BHPian

How much is the waiting period on new Dzire petrol variant in Delhi?
Old 28th August 2017, 16:22   #93
Senior - BHPian

This thread is strangely quiet. Planning to replace my Mother's 10 year old Diesel Swift with the Dzire Petrol VXI. Is it a good buy or should I look at some other options ?
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 16:56   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
This thread is strangely quiet. Planning to replace my Mother's 10 year old Diesel Swift with the Dzire Petrol VXI. Is it a good buy or should I look at some other options ?
Probably, no one consults anyone when they decide on a Dzire, you just go ahead and buy it! But one word of caution would be to go for the manual variants instead of the AMT ones as there are some reliability issues with the AMT gear box.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th August 2017 at 23:21. Reason: Additional smileys deleted.
Old 28th August 2017, 18:17   #95
Senior - BHPian

Dzire Petrol is a great buy. Amazingly smooth and with all the toys, it's the car we selected. But unfortunately we are used to driving an automatic and the AMT woes are holding us back. Really upset with Maruti for experimenting with this unproven technology.

Go for the manual by all means!
Old 28th August 2017, 18:23   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Probably, no one consults anyone when they decide on a Dzire, you just go ahead and buy it! But one word of caution would be to go for the manual variants instead of the AMT ones as there are some reliability issues with the AMT gear box.
While what Durango Dude says about deciding for a car has been pretty much the case about a lot of Maruti cars, the number of new DZires seen on road daily is remarkably low compared to other new entrants. I see more or less the same number of New DZires on the road as the Tigor & the Tigor is not making any good sales numbers at all.

On the contrary, the number of new Aspires, AMEOs, Xcents that can be seen with new license registrations (white plate) is quite higher at least in the areas where I tread. Looks like the DZire is suffering a bit of anti-incumbency.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th August 2017 at 23:22. Reason: Quoted post was edited.
Old 28th August 2017, 18:34   #97
Senior - BHPian

Not sure about it not selling well as there is no exchange bonus, nor accessories being offered on the car in Bengaluru. The dealer is quoting 3 months waiting for the car. Don't see many Ameos, but Xcents and Vernas are a growing tribe. Cant say if this is a trend!
Old 29th August 2017, 13:03   #98
BHPian

Whoa, AMT has reliability issues? Guess i missed some posts. Can anyone put more light on this? I was seriously considering DZire AMT Diesel. Infact a close cousin has already booked one. If it really has issues then i will ask him to cancel his booking and go for the manual one.
Old 29th August 2017, 14:06   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Whoa, AMT has reliability issues? Guess i missed some posts. Can anyone put more light on this? I was seriously considering DZire AMT Diesel. Infact a close cousin has already booked one. If it really has issues then i will ask him to cancel his booking and go for the manual one.
Probably DurangoDude is referring to this thread

But in the above thread, looks like most of the AMT issues are with Celerio. Not seen too many posts about Dzire with AMT issues. It may be a good idea to wait before taking the plunge. Else go for MT option.

Last edited by srvm : 29th August 2017 at 14:07.
Old 29th August 2017, 18:18   #100
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the advice guys. Will definitely go for the Manual version as it will be a chauffeured car and the driver doesnt have experience with automatics, not to mention the AMT issues that Maruti cars seem to suffer from. Im not sure why Tatas dont have as much of an issue as their AMTs are also made by Magnetti Marelli, who do make AMTs for bigger brands as well, I guess Marutis design isnt up to the mark or maybe the clutch quality isnt all that great ?

My main concerns were about quality of the body panels and the low GC. Also what would be a good tyre upsize on the stock VXi rims ?

My mother flat out refuses to even consider or come to check out the Tigor even though Ive tried hard to convince her of the improved build quality of the Tatas, she prefers going for a Maruti since she feels that its a safe choice and service and spares are cheaper.
I guess its a sure thing so I just wanted to feel a bit more comfortable making this decision, hence asked for some feedback from BHPian owners.

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd September 2017 at 19:06. Reason: Spacing for better readability
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 18:16   #101
BHPian

Zigwheels has come up with a CS sedan shootout between Dzire, Xcent, Aspire, Ameo and Tigor.

Styling : Dzire, Tigor
Interiors and Space: Dzire, Tigor
Safety : Dzire, Aspire, Ameo
Drive and Handling : Dzire, Aspire, Ameo

Final Verdict:
  1. Dzire - Jack of all trades. Segment game changer.
  2. Xcent - Complete package let down by narrow cabin and lacking standard safety features.
  3. Aspire - Punchiest of the lot with good space. Lacks features.
  4. Ameo - Well built, but lack of space at back seat space and boot.
  5. Tigor - VFM. Could have been in top three but seriously let down by engine.

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-space.jpg

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-fueleff.jpg

Last edited by PraNeel : 2nd September 2017 at 18:17.
PraNeel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 17:50   #102
Senior - BHPian

I went for a test drive of the Dzire Petrol yesterday and my thoughts on it in brief are below :

Exterior styling : Neither love not hate it, the car looks decent

Body panels : I did make sure to put some pressure on the door panels and bonnet. The sheet metal is definitely not as flimsy and deformable as the Baleno. Its of acceptable quality.

Boot: A good size, although it Dzired a bit more in terms of cladding and covering of bolts, etc

Rear Seat : My senior citizen mother found ingress and egress to be easy and rear bench height to be comfortable for her to sit down and get up. Seat was also comfortable.

Front seats :Quite comfortable with adequate support.

Interiors : Both of us absolutely HATED the beige interiors. The test drive car was obviously very soiled as well. Very poor choice to have the panels, upholstery and carpet in such a light colour. This was the worst bit in terms of practicality. Steering, instrument cluster and central console were nice and felt good to operate. Switchgear and buttons were just OK in quality. We found the wood finish tasteful in the few places where it was present and reminded me of the faux wood in our old City ZR, albeit in a darker shade.
The plastic on the door panels and rest of the dashboard were of really poor quality. Thin, flimsy and beige. Its definitely going to cause rattles in the future or just crack in places. They are a step down in quality from our 9 year old Swift and even my Beat.

Ride and handling : The Dzire is pretty comfortable and absorbed the small and medium bumps very well. Steering also felt good, turning radius was also fine.

Brakes : Ive only driven one other car with ABS and the brakes in the Dzire definitely felt too light, as did the stopping distance, even at low 30-40 speeds and on the wider ZXI tyres.

Engine : The low end was not to good and required a bit of revving to get it going. At normal traffic speeds it felt just about adequate. I didnt rev it very high or go past 50KMPH on my 2km test drive. I think it will do the job just fine as the K series is supposed to be quite driveable and anyways the car will be chauffeured so it doesnt have to be very F2D.

Overall the Dzire felt like safe bet for a car in this segment. We will mostly go ahead and book it but Im going to go try out the Tigor for myself though just to have a feel for the car.
Old 4th September 2017, 13:11   #103

We have taken receipt of my ZXi+AMT in Sherwood Brown yesterday. The Car was booked through Popular, Trivandrum on May 30, 2017. As I am in Abu Dhabi, my Mother in Law drives this Car.

My MIL, who used to drive our Manual Dzire diesel earlier, seems to have settled fast to driving a Petrol Automatic. Unfortunately, she is not so tech savvy to report back on the head jerks during shifting. Nevertheless, she mentioned that the car is driving smooth and quiet.

So may be the AMT of new Dzire is not all bad as the case with Celerio.
Old 6th September 2017, 11:18   #104
Senior - BHPian

Dzire August sales number = 30934. I do not know what to say!!

This official Dzire review thread has least number of posts and views comparing to others.

Last edited by Latheesh : 6th September 2017 at 11:29.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 11:46   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Dzire August sales number = 30934. I do not know what to say!!

This official Dzire review thread has least number of posts and views comparing to others.
Wow. That is a staggering figure It must be the highest ever for Dzire, if I am not mistaken. Dzire is indeed the safest bet in Compact sedans. No wonder it is flying off the shelves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks