Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2017, 18:03   #31
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire : Official Review

The new Dzire looks to be a massive improvement over the old one for me. Looks great, decent engine, auto variants and feature packed. Guaranteed to sell thousands.

Wonder how Hyundai with its decent but not quite great Xcent and Honda with its already under performing Amaze are going to catch up. Suzuki has moved the goalpost a little farther ahead and it's going to be interesting to watch Hyundai, Honda and Ford fighting for this market.
Yieldway17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 18:04   #32
BHPian

Wonderfully detailed review; great stuff Aditya.

Certainly agree that the Dzire has been greatly improved. The amount of features offered are quite impressive; just a decade ago one needed to get a premium D segment car for features that have become so mainstream now.

That said, with no offence intended to Dzire owners and aspiring Dzire owners, i'd still write off the Dzire as aimed at mass-market appeal, and very little else. The design has improved, but personally I still find it ugly. The only somewhat attractive picture was the front 3-quarter shot, in Oxford Blue. The rear design remind me of the Honda Amaze, which is sadly one of the least good looking Honda's.

In-spite of all of that, I expect that it will sell like crazy, owing to its mass-market appeal, based on perhaps unreasonable fanfare and loyalty. Oh well.....

Last edited by virtualdanger : 11th July 2017 at 18:05.
virtualdanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 18:07   #33
BHPian

Awesome review as always!

Not sure why we suddenly are comparing Dzire and Baleno? I always thought they are not of same platform or am I wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Plus I guess Maruti themselves didn't want to place Dzire in or around Baleno territory and hence they went with the cheaper AMT, instead of a CVT.
Again, maybe I'm wrong but I have a feeling no Car in MSIL showrooms are going to get CVT. They would continue with AMT itself. CVT will be all exclusive in NEXA to en-cash more on the premium!

This is one area where TATA needs to learn from market leader MSIL. Team-BHP Review of Dzire is out within 45 days of the launch where as it took 90 days to get hold of a Tigor and review, that too due to generosity of a t-bhpian to give his personal car.

Goes to show TATA still needs to do much more than just produce great cars. A car is a big investment for anyone and he/she would look at it's full life cycle and not just the buying part.
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 18:08   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

A supreme review as always. Rated well deserved 5 Stars.

As for the car, I have seen it already in person in my office. One of the (now dying fast) benefits of working in IT. One gets to see new cars immediately in the parking lots.

1. Its a wonderful car as the previous generation & improves on it no doubt.
2. Personally, I'd rather have LED Projected headlamps, outgoing generation's face & rest of the new generation car.
3. I simply do not like the new grille and look around the grille. Just don't. It does not look as young and sporty as the previous Swifts now. Takes away its naughty attitude. Same for the upcoming Swift also.
4. The front cabin interiors are also a bit too neutral. Very bland in a way compared to what the competition has come with. Cheaper cars have better finish & feel.
5. Just loved the 2 tone alloys. Fabulous.
6. The faux-wood should have been missed. Oh my eyes...
7. Rear bench is visibly low set. I'll never be sitting in the rear of this car. Just looking at that seat gave me aching legs.
8. Wipers are certainly a size smaller than what I'd prefer.
9. Wonderful to see ABS, Airbags and ISOFIX as standard. Industry coming of age finally.
10. I am REALLY glad that MSIL has given 2 reverse lamps and not 1 reverse & 1 fog lamp. In our conditions, 2 reverse lamps make the car safer than having a rear fog lamp. Thanks MSIL for retaining this.
11. The car lacks any significant "segment firsts" other than LED lamps right? Could have given something here...
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 18:32   #35
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/2017...i-dzire-44.jpg

In this image the shape of Mini Cooper's headlamps looks similar to the new Dzire's headlamps (or should I say the other way round ? )
Refer to the black Mini Cooper in the Dzire's IRVM.

What do you guys have to say on this?
Old 11th July 2017, 18:34   #36
BHPian

After reading this review, one thing is clear "Maruti knows where to add premium features and where to save costs". And this can be seen in all their recent launches.
Maruti is the segment leader and rightly so as they so very well know what a mango man wants!

Add DRLs, LED Lights and tail lights, diamond cut alloy wheels, standard safety features, premium steering wheel, Touch Screen system along with more spacious body shell.

Remove / Missing Auto dimming IRVM, smaller spare tire, 5th Alloy wheel, colored MID, leather seats, premium key fob like Baleno and Ciaz, dummy buttons on steering wheel. Additional cost savings come from using several parts from Maruti bin.

However just look at the result, people are queuing up to buy the comapct sedan!! The V variants are incredible VFM.

I was wondering what will the cost of LED headlamps if they are damaged in a frontal mishap. What worries me more are the LED tail lights, which are standard and with a non-existent bumper, what will be the cost to replace them in case of rear shunt?

That said if I am in the market for a compact sedan, I will buy the diesel Ford Aspire sports edition (Hoping they don't exit like GM ). Better build quality and cracker of an engine, with lower maintenance cost than Maruti !!

Kudos to team-bhp reviewers for such an awesome review.

Last edited by PraNeel : 11th July 2017 at 18:41.
PraNeel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 19:09   #37
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent Review as usual @Aditya, rating well deserved 5*'s

I think Maruti got almost everything right in this iteration, possibly missed just a few things like (most likely these will not be deal-breakers for the potential Dzire buyer):
1.Auto dimming IRVM
2.Boot lid inside cladding
3.Steering height adjustment
4.Designated space for the tools in the boot

I liked that nifty hook in the boot, makes it simple to anchor the wooden cover (spare wheel) and then handle the spare.

Last edited by NPV : 11th July 2017 at 19:10.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 20:08   #38
BHPian

Thank you for the excellent review as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfr
My First update at 550 kms
Having completed 550 kms, with the low ground clearance have you had any issues so far? This would be an important aspect for me as the roads I travel do often are not nice.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th July 2017 at 22:44. Reason: Post edited for readability. Quote inserted from "Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire".
zaveed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 20:40   #39
BHPian

That is one awesome review we have there. Extremely well compiled Aditya and Bblost !

This version of Dzire is by far the best of all generations and it is clearly evident in the styling and the features added by Maruti. (some misses as well like the Auto Dimming IRVM, missing underbody protection etc how much did you end up saving there Maruti ?)

Earlier, I always used to just walk away with parked Swift Dzires (like they never existed, mainly due to the styling). But saw this new one parked in my housing society complex this sunday and couldn't help but notice the car. It definitely has a very good road presence now.
skyrocket003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 22:13   #40
BHPian

Saw the new dzire in top trim beneath my office as a part of the promo activity by the dealer here.

Background : ex Dzire zdi, current Ciaz zdi+.

Having owned the 2014 dzire for 1.5 years(bought a ciaz and kwid post) and covering 89k kilometers on it, here are my views.

Looks far far better than its predecessor.

But not as well specced as the competition especially performance wise.

But hey! It is a suzuki, I sold my dzire off for 6.75, I consider that to be a good deal, hence I expect similar resale values. Great service and TAT too(for parts).

Costs exactly 10.31 lakhs on road, compare that with the Ciaz top end which costs around 12 lakhs on road. Any cannibalization prospected?

Excellent review, thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th July 2017 at 23:28. Reason: Tis > It is.
B O V is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 23:06   #41
BHPian

Hi All,

Got my Dzire VDI AGS on 19th June and completed 700km, can any one please update the availability of front fog lamps to add as dealers in Hyderabad say that they are still not available.

Cheers
Old 12th July 2017, 02:12   #42
BHPian

Excellent and well written review for the car !
Great job !
I had a small question with regard to the car.
Since its an affordable vehicle with decent space at the back it's being used as a taxi , will they use the same face lifted vehicle for taxis or do you think they'll use the older look ?
akshar890 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 07:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

MSIL has hit bullseye with the new Dzire. Such a new launch and its almost everywhere already. I suppose it's because KL is such a huge market for the car.

And I have an observation. Those LEDs in the taillight for the brakes are too many and just too bright. I was following one yesterday night and it was really annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshar890 View Post
I had a small question with regard to the car.
Since its an affordable vehicle with decent space at the back it's being used as a taxi , will they use the same face lifted vehicle for taxis or do you think they'll use the older look ?
This is not a facelift, but a new generation. And I have seen 1 or 2 cars on yellow plates already.

But MSIL is now selling the previous generation in the Tour guise. So, they want people to buy that for using as a taxi, but I think many might opt for the new one. It is a more complete compact sedan in comparison and the Tour variant is really bare bones. Nowadays, both driver and passengers expect more from taxis.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 08:57   #44
BHPian

I found the front grille chrome cheap.
From side profile it reminds me of Baleno.
Actually after seeing the side profile of this new desire I have started liking the side profile of the previous one
amiya.c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 09:10   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Thank you for the excellent review as always.

Having completed 550 kms, with the low ground clearance have you had any issues so far? This would be an important aspect for me as the roads I travel do often are not nice.
Currently at 700+ kms, touch wood till date I haven't scrapped the bottom at any of the humps. Just keeping my fingers crossed. To be frank with you I haven't taken the car outside the city limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree5999 View Post
Hi All,

Got my Dzire VDI AGS on 19th June and completed 700km, can any one please update the availability of front fog lamps to add as dealers in Hyderabad say that they are still not available.

Cheers
Probably due to the implementation GST none of Maruti genuine accessories have been listed on http://www.marutimga.com for the new Dzire. I assume it will be delayed by a few more days.

Planning to upgrade the tyres to Michelin Primacy 3 today.
thegodfr is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks