Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 14:05   #151
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
I took delivery of my Dzire Zxi+ AMT on Saturday from AIE Cars Chennai. The delivery experience was relatively smooth barring a goof up on the door visors which I had asked them for.

Driven the car for about 100 KMS since Saturday evening. The initial driving experience has been decent. The AMT is behaving well and touch wood would remain so. Yes, the gear shifts are perceptible, but it is no where near bad. I guess it will show it's ugly side as the clutch starts wearing.

Got seat covers done at Choice Car Seat Zone, Royapettah for 13k and Softurf noodle mats from Carspark, Sholinganallur.

Pics and driving experiences to follow in the forthcoming days and weeks.
Congrats on your new car How much does the Softurf noodle Mats cost?. I guess Carspark does Ceramic Coating also..!
Old 18th October 2017, 18:53   #152
BHPian

Got my Dzire vxi last Friday in Oxford blue 1.2l manual transmission. Wanted the car in gallant red and waited for 6 weeks for the same. They asked for four more weeks to deliver the car in gallant red, but as I couldn't wait anymore, I took the delivery in blue. Haven't driven much due to busy schedule. Some 600 to 700km long trip planned for coming week though. Yet, with whatever I've driven (around 100km), I'm satisfied. Occasionally, can feel some vibration when changing gear from one to two at lower rpm. Once, back from the trip, I hope to review the car. For your information, I guess mine is first Dzire in this forum from outside India; Nepal to be precise. And it's probably the only car in Nepal with a team BHP sticker.
amitjha086 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 08:04   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Congrats on your new car How much does the Softurf noodle Mats cost?. I guess Carspark does Ceramic Coating also..!
The noodle mats cost me Rs. 2,400 at Carspark. I believe it is on the expensive side, but based on the handful places that I enquired, this was the rate quoted at most places. And some outlets were selling a far inferior quality noodle mat at this price.

Choice car seat zone had another one at Rs. 4,800 the quality of which was extremely good - probably on par with the 3M ones, unfortunately I did not the brand name of that.

Having seen the kind of effort that goes into cutting these mats, I would suggest a DIY method very strongly. I'm planning to do a DIY on my wife's Nano soon.
Old 20th October 2017, 15:11   #154
BHPian

I took the delivery of my Dzire 2017 VXI AMT yesterday (Oxford Blue). It just happened to be on the day of Diwali, but that was a good thing.

My total wait period was just 35 days (Pune). I think Maruti Suzuki has taken necessary steps to address the large production demand. My initial drive experience has been good. I kind of like the manual mode in the AMT.

As accessories I haven't added much. Just a floor lamination, which is feel is important due to the beige floor carpet. The Floor lamination is also being so I am happy about it. Costed me 4000 INR. I added also a Reverse parking camera with sensor about which I am really happy. The cam does not have grid-lines but does the job pretty well. Quality is good. Costed me 13500 INR. I am pretty excited.

One more thing to add - I made up my mind to go for Dzire after reading this review on Team-BHP. Keep the guidance live!
Tygerman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 20:29   #155
BHPian

I took out my Dzire for a spin earlier this evening. We were four people in total. It's a demanding task to negotiate Dzire through bad roads. Unfortunately, I scraped twice today. Been one week with Dzire. First such episode. And I'm sure more such episodes are waiting for me. On well laid tarmac, it performs so well. The ground clearance can't be increased. Hope the road gets better.
Please do not get confused with the temporary number plate. It's in Nepal.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-20171021_204001.jpg  

amitjha086 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 20:33   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Sharing some information related to new Dzire :

1. Rear suspension beam is being changed for few cars. Reason is weak welding spot?

2. Fuel tank and pump are changed in few cars.

3. Rear wheel hub assembly is being changed in few cars.

4. There was one case about no gear shifting in Dzire AMT. The reason was after market LED brake light bulbs installation. This has led to some fault in brake switch circuit.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 21st October 2017 at 20:38.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 20:52   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post

4. There was one case about no gear shifting in Dzire AMT. The reason was after market LED brake light bulbs installation. This has led to some fault in brake switch circuit.
But, the Dzire comes with full LED Pilot and Brake lamps from the factory right? There is no room for aftermarket I believe.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 20:57   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
But, the Dzire comes with full LED Pilot and Brake lamps from the factory right? There is no room for aftermarket I believe.
If so, it should be related to old Dzire AMT or fully after market tail lamps
Old 21st October 2017, 22:25   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

1. Rear suspension beam is being changed for few cars. Reason is weak welding spot?

This is pretty serious. Somehow I feel that their cars have become useless and overpriced and their service has gone to dogs. Might as well buy cheap vehicles and suffer, Or switch brand. But maruti should be made to realise that they have lost it. In forums and in mass media, everywhere. People should know that Maruti is least bothered about defects and they can DIE, not just team bhp but also main stream media. Asking questions to the management is a must.

Quote:

Mass production, thousands of service centres and lakhs of cars getting serviced = Quality of service deteriorates!! Maruti should do something about this.
That is more important a reason to do proper quality control. The service is deteriorating due to excess workload.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 21st October 2017 at 22:38.
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 22:29   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
This is pretty serious. Somehow I feel that their cars have become useless and overpriced and their service has gone to dogs. Might as well buy cheap vehicles and suffer, Or switch brand. But maruti should be made to realise that they have lost it. In forums and in mass media, everywhere. People should know that Maruti is least bothered about defects and they can DIE, not just team bhp but also main stream media. Asking questions to the management is a must.
These kinds of defects / issues are common across all the manufacturers. I am happy that Maruti is at least replacing the parts in affected cars. Since Maruti is the biggest player in our market, we get to hear more about the issues too

Mass production, thousands of service centres and lakhs of cars getting serviced = Quality of service deteriorates!! Maruti should do something about this.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 19:43   #161
BHPian

Quote:

How would I know if my car needs any one of these? It's manufactured in September.
Old 23rd October 2017, 21:57   #162
BHPian

Just 570km with my Dzire and the rear left tire gets punctured. Required some effort changing the tire. User manual recommends 29 and decreased all the tires pressure to 29. But the tires do not appear stout, just like the way marginally under inflated tires appear. Hope this won't cause severe increase in temperature during highway trip. Next, the jack couldn't lift the car high enough for me to fit the spare tire. As the surface was earthen, had to dig some two inches to fit in spare tire. Probably that was because the surface was uneven.
Old 25th October 2017, 22:31   #163
BHPian

Driven 420 KM till now since taking delivery on 14th October. Getting a mileage of 14 KMPL with my drives being mostly on OMR with 100% AC on. Haven't really faced any niggles till now. The AMT has been keeping up well with my rather sedate driving style.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-img20171025wa0002.jpg  

y2ksrs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 20:33   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Er, somehow I'm able to see the images!! But let me try again.
Did you order any of these? Does it fit? Reason being, even am looking for a auto dimming irvm but unable to find the correct ones.
Old 28th October 2017, 22:45   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by munishsurendra View Post
Did you order any of these? Does it fit? Reason being, even am looking for a auto dimming irvm but unable to find the correct ones.
No I haven't. Still haven't found out the right part number.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks