Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2017, 11:50   #166
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire : Official Review

Quote:
Door visors
Body side moulding with garnish insert
Interior Styling Kit - Godswood Brown
I have booked a blue Zxi + AGS and will be taking delivery sometime next week.

Can you please let me know the cost of these accessories and also are they from MGP?

Some photos of these accessories will also be of great help
Old 29th October 2017, 20:56   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Can you please let me know the cost of these accessories and also are they from MGP?

Some photos of these accessories will also be of great help
Door visors - Regular Rs. 1100, with chrome insert Rs. 2500
Body side moulding with garnish insert - Rs. 3000
Interior Styling Kit - Godswood Brown - RS. 8500

The dealer messed up with the door visors and the interior styling kit. They put the regular ones by mistake and missed the last one altogether due to the part being out of stock.

Pic of the door visor and side moulding on the car is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-img_20171015_0902443480x2610.jpg  

y2ksrs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 17:13   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post

Pic of the door visor and side moulding on the car is attached.
Thank you y2ksrs!

Today i went to the yard to do PDI of my car. the car looked in good condition. but it was parked in open and apparently it had rained few days back and the earth was all muddy. Most of the cars were dirty.

can anyone confirm if the boot comes with any cladding?

The dealer has sent me the attached accessories price list. i am looking to get door mats and side cladding.

NEW DZIRE ACC PRICE LIST.xlsx
NEW DZIRE PRICE LIST.pdf

Last edited by ant_vas : 30th October 2017 at 17:14.
Old 30th October 2017, 22:59   #169
BHPian

Quote:

can anyone confirm if the boot comes with any cladding?
No cladding whatsoever.

Quote:
i am looking to get door mats and side cladding.
Would suggest you to not get the MGA floor mats. Given the beige flooring none of the MGA mats offer any sort of protection. Would suggest you get a good set of noodle or 3D mats from a reputed car accessories shop.
y2ksrs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 17:04   #170
BHPian

An update on my Dzire booking: Did PDI of the car in the afternoon and was happy that my car would be ready for delivery by weekend. Had asked bank to release the funds and was ready to make the payment of remaining amount.

Then at around 7.30PM, the sales guy calls up and says his GM wants to speak with me. The GM starts off saying there is some challenge with the car and they can't deliver it. i immediatly ask them to cancel my booking if they can't deliver the car as promised as i smell something fishy

He reasons that there was flooding in their yard and some 25 cars were damaged. They have repaired this specific car and are awaiting maruthi to do inspection and then the car will be sent to Truevalue. he goes on to say that he doesnt want to give a car which might have problems. When i visited the yard in the afternoon i could see there was definitely rain and the land was messy but the car didn't appear to have any water damage.

The GM pushed me to accept sherwood brown which was readily available instead of Blue color. i put my foot down and insisted that they deliver blue color car by weekend as promised else i will cancel booking. He promised to arrange blue color Zxi+AGS with other dealer and deliver the car by weekend.

after the call with in 2 minutes he calls back and starts asking me why am not taking insurance from maruthi and why am not opting for extended warranty. i simply asked him, if there is no car with you then whats the use of talking about these 2 things? He simply disconnected the call.

I immediately called up the bank person to check if the funds are released, and to my surprise he informed me that the dealer asked him to hold on as they got another booking for the same car (they had only 1 car of hat variant in stock)!

i called up sales guy and asked him to either confirm delivery of my car (different one from the one i did PDI) or cancel the booking with complaint to maruthi. I had taken photo of the engine and chasis number during PDI so i can be sure they are not trying to give the same car to me.

Today the sales guy confirmed that they have arranged for a different car in blue color from another dealer in Bangalore and it will be received on Thursday and they will deliver it on saturday. and the sales guy readily accepted that since i have the engine and chasis number i can verify it before they register it on my name.

This experience leave a bad taste with this maruthi dealer. Didn't take names as they have committed to deliver the car this weekend.
ant_vas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 22:16   #171
BHPian

Dear Dzire Owners a quick noob question - The ground clearance of the new Dzire looks very low compared to other cars from the Maruti stable. Very similar to my First generation Punto which used to scrarp large speedbrakers and potholes

Just wanted to confirm how in the real word the New Dzire is coping with the post monsoon roads and have you experienced any scraping issues. I am in market for a new car and considering the New Dzire
Old 4th November 2017, 12:34   #172
BHPian

Guys, is it just me or is the rear seat headroom in Dzire non existent for a 180cm frame ?
I happened to check out a ready to deliver Dzire with art leather seat covers, and to my surprise I find that unless I make compromises in my sitting posture, I cannot rest my head on the head rests.
Old 4th November 2017, 17:42   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfafan View Post
Dear Dzire Owners a quick noob question - The ground clearance of the new Dzire looks very low compared to other cars from the Maruti stable. Very similar to my First generation Punto which used to scrarp large speedbrakers and potholes

Just wanted to confirm how in the real word the New Dzire is coping with the post monsoon roads and have you experienced any scraping issues. I am in market for a new car and considering the New Dzire
Have had the car with 5 people just once and it did not scrape any speed breakers. There are some pretty big ones near my house but was able to go over them without any problems. Of course I'll need to drive a lot more to conclude that, but initial impressions seems to be okay.
Old 6th November 2017, 13:12   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfafan View Post

Go for it. I recently got my new Dzire VXI AMT. In the city I have been getting 16.5 KMPL. Driving is a breeze and fun too in the manual mode. I had doubts on how it would fair on broken roads. This weekend I had a very satisfying road test. I live in Pune and I took that to Lohagad Fort (not via Mumbai Expressway). I drove it through the villages of Paud and Pavana. The roads are battered (almost non existent in some places) but Dzire excelled in flying colors. Not even once I scraped the chasis. I earlier had a i10 with 165 mm and that was a great car. This one is 163 mm. In real world 2 mm does not mean anything.
Old 6th November 2017, 15:20   #175
BHPian

As you can see in the post #158, the way I put on the Team-BHP sticker has gone awkwardly wrong. I have the whole set of stickers. Could you suggest what the best sites are for putting on Team-BHP stickers on Dzire? Photos will be appreciated.
Old 6th November 2017, 16:35   #176
BHPian

Took Delivery of Oriental Blue ZXi+ AGS Dzire on Saturday.

have driven it for 100KM so far in City and Highway (Mysore road). So far the driving experience has been comfortable and nice.

In AMT mode, the gear shifts are felt as there is a definite delay between shifts. Manual mode is fun to drive though!

Happy with the AC and the music system. Will write a details ownership review in couple of days.
Old 10th November 2017, 16:43   #177
BHPian

Does Maruti have any plan of launching the diesel Dzire with a proper torque converter automatic? Any inputs?

Last edited by petroguzzler : 10th November 2017 at 16:44.
Old 10th November 2017, 16:47   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Does Maruti have any plan of launching the diesel Dzire with a proper torque converter automatic? Any inputs?
Better still give it the CVT you get in the Baleno. I'd really like that, even if it bumps cost a little will be a lot more reliable than the AMT.
Old 10th November 2017, 17:41   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Guys, is it just me or is the rear seat headroom in Dzire non existent for a 180cm frame ?
I happened to check out a ready to deliver Dzire with art leather seat covers, and to my surprise I find that unless I make compromises in my sitting posture, I cannot rest my head on the head rests.
None of the sedans under 10 lakh bracket will provide comfortable seating for 6 foot plus occupants in the back seat. Maybe the Ciaz, but I haven't checked that out. For a small city car Wagon R is excellent. The Ertiga or TUV 300 is what you should look at, for a tall passenger in the back.

Somebody correct me if there are other options.

Last edited by Samurai : 12th November 2017 at 18:16. Reason: typo
Old 11th November 2017, 11:23   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Hooks to lock the floor mat in place only on the driver's side. Warning label in English as well as Hindi:
Where does the hooks lock? I don't have any holes or anything where the hooks will attach.

Please help as the mat keeps slipping

Most Viewed