Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2019, 12:41   #1546
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
I had a similar experience. Both the dealers (Advaith and Trident) seemed to have just one TD vehicle of Tucson. Though both were responsive, I was able to get it from Trident KR Puram quicker on the same day whereas I had to wait for a week with Advaith.
Thanks, will try with KR Puram Trident. What has been your experience with Tucson. Are you considering buying it? your view on JC Vs Tucson?
Old 1st October 2019, 21:06   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyb View Post
Thanks, will try with KR Puram Trident. What has been your experience with Tucson. Are you considering buying it? your view on JC Vs Tucson?
I am going with Compass. Not that there is anything wrong with Tucson. It is loaded with features missing in JC trim (Limited 4x4) I have booked. You can Contact Mr.Kiran from Trident. He was quite helpful. Will DM the number.

Some of my opinions are captured here

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4665451 (Jeep Compass : Official Review)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4665417 (Jeep Compass : Official Review)

In the end, it's about what we prioritize over others and what we are willing to compromise on. Both are good options IMO.
sbkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 08:53   #1548
BHPian

Hello Folks. So my car arrived yesterday at the dealers showroom. I did the PDI yesterday and the car was through it without any issues. Just wanted to ask whether an odo reading of 50 kms is ok. Please advise.
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:52   #1549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTH1987 View Post
Hello Folks. So my car arrived yesterday at the dealers showroom. I did the PDI yesterday and the car was through it without any issues. Just wanted to ask whether an odo reading of 50 kms is ok. Please advise.
That depends on how far the stockyard is from the dealer's showroom. Typically, the distance on the odometer on a new car should reflect this. 50 kms should be just about acceptable for a new car, provided the distance between stockyard and showroom accounts for it. If not, please ask for a explanation for the distance of 50 kms.

In my case, my car had about 10 kms at the PDI stage and I was happy with that.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 12:10   #1550
BHPian

Has anyone done their two-year service for the Jeep Compass yet? I'm being given an approximate costing of Rs. 12,000 for it. Would be helpful to know the quotes that other owners are being given.

Last edited by di1in : 3rd October 2019 at 12:27.
Old 3rd October 2019, 17:38   #1551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Has anyone done their two-year service for the Jeep Compass yet? I'm being given an approximate costing of Rs. 12,000 for it. Would be helpful to know the quotes that other owners are being given.
When compared to the 1 year servicing, brake fluid and clutch fluid are additional for 2 year/30,000Kms servicing. Otherwise its pretty much the same. If you have the previous bill, do a quick comparison.
Old 3rd October 2019, 20:31   #1552

Hi Jeepers
I am getting my JC limited red Diesel, in about 3 days.
Wanted your help and suggestions. I am already getting roof wrapping done , 3d mats and mudflaps from delaership.
1. PDI checklist, pardon me if I missed out some earlier post - will help if someone can share link.
2. HID - aftermarket or dealership ( this costs 18k) - recommendations?
3. Wanna black out alloys, if anyone has done specially with red colour JC can pls share picture if it looks good n suits? Also if any recommendation n expected pricing - here for sure will get from aftermarket options
4. Bodycover should go for dealership or aftermarket? Any recommendation for aftermarket n expected pricing
5. My dealer saying warranty can be extended anytime in first 3 years (not necessarily in first 60 days) at same 32k cost for 2 years, any idea if it's true?
6. Any other really recommended add on I should look for ?

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 3rd October 2019, 21:15   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu.ar83 View Post
2. HID - aftermarket or dealership ( this costs 18k) - recommendations?
Dealership is giving you HID? With warranty intact? Is it Jeep OEM fitting?
Old 3rd October 2019, 22:27   #1554

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Dealership is giving you HID? With warranty intact? Is it Jeep OEM fitting?
Yes dealership providing with warranty in tact. It's MOPAR so genuine as claimed by dealership.
Old 3rd October 2019, 23:14   #1555

Quote:
5. My dealer saying warranty can be extended anytime in first 3 years (not necessarily in first 60 days) at same 32k cost for 2 years, any idea if it's true?

Thanks in advance!!!
No it won't be the same or at least what the dealer at Hyderabad told me. It would depend on how old the vehicle is starts at 32k for 2-3 months and goes up to 50k I think.
Old 4th October 2019, 11:29   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Yes dealership providing with warranty in tact. It's MOPAR so genuine as claimed by dealership.
I called up my dealership to inquire, and he denies that it is being offered.

Let us know how the upgrade goes.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 17:37   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
When compared to the 1 year servicing, brake fluid and clutch fluid are additional for 2 year/30,000Kms servicing. Otherwise its pretty much the same. If you have the previous bill, do a quick comparison.
Yes, got the bill. They seem to have also charged ₹3,490 for the fuel filter, and around ₹600 each for filtering element air, filtering element, and air filter cabin air.

Quote:
Thanks in advance!!!
According to their site, the price increases with time. It increases from ₹32,000 till ₹41,000 for your Limited.

Have attached an image that shows the variations. Reference: https://www.jeep-india.com/warranty-insurance.html
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot-20191004-5.35.40-pm.png  

Last edited by di1in : 4th October 2019 at 18:03.
di1in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 19:46   #1558

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I called up my dealership to inquire, and he denies that it is being offered.

Let us know how the upgrade goes.
Sure in 3-4 days will let know my experience. I infact read some more people posted it and seems it is selectively offered by a few location showroom not sure what's the thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Yes, got the bill. They seem to have also charged ₹3,490 for the fuel filter, and around ₹600 each for filtering element air, filtering element, and air filter cabin air.
Thanks mate it helps. Will ensure if at all they commit I get it in writing , since this is website info you shared seems this will be correct only unless some recent changes which not reflecting yet on the site.

Last edited by ampere : 4th October 2019 at 19:57. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 5th October 2019, 00:30   #1559
BHPian

Quote:
Sure in 3-4 days will let know my experience. I infact read some more people posted it and seems it is selectively offered by a few location showroom not sure what's the thing
Try to be present there when they change the headlights and make sure that the box has the mopar logo to avoid them installing any third party stuff.

Thanks.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 12:30   #1560
BHPian

An interesting event happened: got our Jeep back after service from Kerala. The service bill shows that they topped up the battery water at no cost.

On the day we were to pick up the vehicle after service, the service team called up and said they detected an issue with the battery and are replacing it under warranty.

No documentation was shared about battery replacement being done, and we hadn't faced any issue with the vehicle before battery replacement either.

So, not sure what happened here. Dad said he's not able to see if the battery's been changed because it seems to be fully covered in the engine bay. No documentation was given by the service centre for battery swap either.

Most Viewed