Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2019, 18:32   #1576
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

The Jeep dealer in Andheri Mumbai informed me that there is only 1 Petrol limited plus model left in their stock. No new shipments are scheduled to arrive in 2019. Is this really the situation with Jeep?
Old 13th October 2019, 12:14   #1577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
The Jeep dealer in Andheri Mumbai informed me that there is only 1 Petrol limited plus model left in their stock. No new shipments are scheduled to arrive in 2019. Is this really the situation with Jeep?

Yes, situation is same in Bangalore. Most probably it is going to be BS6 starting from January, 2020. Till then they will try to push the existing stock.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 19:42   #1578
BHPian

Jeep Compass : Official Review-0_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20190906060527_jeepcompasslt1.jpg

"While it was pretty much in a league of its own when launched, the Compass now has serious competition. Many of its rivals are cheaper, come with more kit, and some are larger too. Despite this, if you have the budget, the Compass remains the most premium, the best built and best driving SUV of the lot. This is why it’s still the one I would go for in this neck of the woods." source Auto car India (https://www.autocarindia.com/car-lon...-report-414051)

This is what I have been echoing. Despite tough competition (read bling, features, size benefit), Jeep Compass is still the best built, safest, most premium and best to drive SUV in its class ( Hector/Harrier/Seltos/XUV 500). Just like my other love "Octavia" which is the best in its class.

Last edited by Roadster17 : 13th October 2019 at 19:55.
Roadster17 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 20:35   #1579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster17 View Post
Interestingly, the article also mentions about a 'thoroughly updated version' coming up very soon : "For those who can wait, a thoroughly updated, more refined, better equipped version with a 9-speed automatic gearbox is expected in the not too distant future."
Old 13th October 2019, 23:50   #1580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster17 View Post
Attachment 1922725

"While it was pretty much in a league of its own when launched, the Compass now has serious competition. Many of its rivals are cheaper, come with more kit, and some are larger too. Despite this, if you have the budget, the Compass remains the most premium, the best built and best driving SUV of the lot. This is why it’s still the one I would go for in this neck of the woods." source Auto car India (https://www.autocarindia.com/car-lon...-report-414051)

This is what I have been echoing. Despite tough competition (read bling, features, size benefit), Jeep Compass is still the best built, safest, most premium and best to drive SUV in its class ( Hector/Harrier/Seltos/XUV 500). Just like my other love "Octavia" which is the best in its class.
I agree but he is talking about the diesel manual. What about people who wants automatic? The petrol auto is unequivocally regarded as lethargic by all renowned auto magazines including the team bhp official review. I hope Jeep introduces the diesel auto as soon as possible along with some features (particularly the poorly equipped low and mid variants) without significant increase in price. I am sure by Jan 2020, the new updated BS6 Compass with auto box will hit the market. Hoping Jeep gets it right this time because there is serious lack of good alternatives in the 25 Lakh price range.
Old 14th October 2019, 00:34   #1581
BHPian

I casually happened to visit the Jeep Showroom in Bhubaneswar along with my parents. The lights were off and were switched on after we entered the showroom being unsure of whether it was open or closed. We realised there was sheer lack of effort to market this brilliant product. To add to that is the over ambitious pricing of the car. We did take a test drive and thoroughly enjoyed the short drive me and my father took. No doubt the car is brilliant in terms of driving manners, looks, build quality, power on offer, etc but it's simply overpriced for what it offers. Just because it's a great car doesn't mean that they can expect the customers to pay anything. I drive an Abarth Punto and conscious of the pros and cons but just couldn't convince my father or myself for the value proposition. Though, a car in completely different segment, both of us thoroughly enjoyed test driving the Innova Crysta the very next day. It suddenly looked more value for money for the same price range.
jbpanda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 10:00   #1582
BHPian

Does the Jeep Compass Limited Plus come with front parking sensors? If not, is there an option to equip the car with the same from genuine accessories?
Old 18th October 2019, 19:02   #1583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
Does the Jeep Compass Limited Plus come with front parking sensors?

No, they don't get front parking sensor.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 19:18   #1584
BHPian

Guys, so I took delivery of my Limited plus last week and the car is doing very good in both city and on highways. The only niggle seems to be squeaky noise from the wiper towards the end of the wipe cycle. When checked with the service guys here in Chennai, they informed that this is normal and is present in all JC. Can you owners share your thoughts on this please. The noise is irritating at times.
Old 22nd October 2019, 19:42   #1585
BHPian

After facing horrible issues with my TUV 300 AMT, I have finally decided to sell it off and buy a Jeep Compass. However, I am still contemplating whether to go with a new one or a used one.

I am getting 6.0 lakhs re-sale value for my TUV. I am hanging between below 3 options

Option 1: Brand new 2018 Sports model (only silver color available) with genuine Jeep accessories (Alloys Wheels, Leather Seats and Rear Camera) - 17,80,000

Option 2: Brand new 2019 Sports model with no accessories - 18,30,000

Option 3: Used 2017 December registered Longitude model - 15,00,000 plus 6 lakhs on old vehicle. So All I have pay is 9 Lakhs. 36,000 KMs on ODO. 15k dealer commission, 7500 RC transfer and 22k for new insurance. Trying to bargain for 13,00,000 including insurance.

So Option 3 is no brainer for me due to budget constraints. However, is 13 lakhs good value for 2017 model compass Longitude variant? Or shall I go with new 2018 Sports model? Here I will not get any exchange and I have to pay total 17,80,000.

I am again contemplating of Harrier basic variant, which is around 15 lakhs on road here after heavy discounts, BUT thanks to Mahindra's horrible build quality and issues, I am scared of any Indian manufacturers. I do not trust Kia and MG yet. Neither of the other options match the build quality of Compass. What do you think is best option for me?
Old 22nd October 2019, 22:36   #1586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I am again contemplating of Harrier basic variant, which is around 15 lakhs on road here after heavy discounts, BUT thanks to Mahindra's horrible build quality and issues, I am scared of any Indian manufacturers. I do not trust Kia and MG yet. Neither of the other options match the build quality of Compass. What do you think is best option for me?
Do not even think of Harrier. Even the official tbhp review mentions it to be an unfinished product.
Having said that Jeep has it's own sets of niggles and issues. Battery being the most common one. Drive is what you will enjoy in jeep but since you are frustrated with your current ride, I can't imagine what you will go through if an 18 lakhs car leaves you stranded because of a faulty battery.

If you want a complete peace of mind go for a Japanese brand - maruti scross/brezza, honda wrv/brv, Toyota innova/etios cross.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 22:50   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Do not even think of Harrier. Even the official tbhp review mentions it to be an unfinished product.
Having said that Jeep has it's own sets of niggles and issues. Battery being the most common one. Drive is what you will enjoy in jeep but since you are frustrated with your current ride, I can't imagine what you will go through if an 18 lakhs car leaves you stranded because of a faulty battery.

If you want a complete peace of mind go for a Japanese brand - maruti scross/brezza, honda wrv/brv, Toyota innova/etios cross.
I did a test ride of S-Cross a little while back, I was not happy with the power delivery. It is purely tuned for maximum fuel efficiency. Innova is out of questions due to budget and maintenance. Always wanted a proper SUV and that was the reason I went with TUV in the first place. Just after 3 months of my purchase, Jeep release Compass

Agree on the Harrier part, I heard a lot of complaints online and offline. Many people did sell it off due to bad build quality.

Is battery drain issue specifically for any variant or is it common across all variants?
Old 22nd October 2019, 22:56   #1588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Trying to bargain for 13,00,000 including insurance.
If you manage to get it for 13L including everything, that's a pretty sweet deal. Of course, you haven't described the condition of the vehicle but I'm assuming it's well cared for.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 22:56   #1589
BHPian

Take the 2017 Longitude, and change the battery to an Amaron 74 DIN.
More than the battery i think the Compass needs better tires. See if you can change the Firestones.
You are all set post that.

Last edited by achyutaghosh : 22nd October 2019 at 22:58. Reason: no need for quotes
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 06:48   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Take the 2017 Longitude, and change the battery to an Amaron 74 DIN.
More than the battery i think the Compass needs better tires. See if you can change the Firestones.
You are all set post that.
Any specific issues with the tires?
Which Tyres did you go for? There are only a few options in the stock size.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks