Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2019, 15:07   #1636
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Completed the 60,000 kms service on Nov 2nd which also marks the completion of the 2-year ownership

Total bill was Rs. 12,856/-
In the above quote by h14 if we go back and see detailed service bill the engine oil quantity billed is 48 which I think is 4800 ml or 4.8 litres but according to manual jeep recommends 4.2 litres. During my last service, I asked the service personnel to put only 4.2 litres while he insisted on 5 litres and said they fill 5 litres engine oil as 4.2 litres is less and owners complain. I told him about the correct way to check it that is after 5 minutes of the fully warmed engine shutting down. To cut short when next day I checked engine oil it was way too less. I checked the service bill of my second service 15000 km, the billed quantity was 5 litres. This service was done at some other jeep authorized service station. I called the service manager about this confusion and he told me that they have even demonstrated this to FCA people in the workshop and asked me to top up with same grade oil. To be double sure I read the manual again and found it to be 4.2 litres for diesel and 5 litres for the petrol engine. Now, this is confusing as the petrol engine is of 1.4 litres or1400 cc but diesel about 2000 cc. So can the esteemed members clear this thing and tell how much oil they are putting in their diesel compass. Thanks

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd November 2019 at 16:07. Reason: Broken quotes
Old 23rd November 2019, 23:04   #1637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
To be double sure I read the manual again and found it to be 4.2 litres for diesel and 5 litres for the petrol engine. Now, this is confusing as the petrol engine is of 1.4 litres or1400 cc but diesel about 2000 cc. So can the esteemed members clear this thing and tell how much oil they are putting in their diesel compass. Thanks
It was 4.2 litres for me during the 15K service. I can verify this again as I am going for the 30K service next week
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 09:59   #1638
BHPian

Thanks Arun for your reply but it needs to be clarified why FCA service stations at different cities have different engine oil standards I.e your car was filled with 4.2 liters, 4.8 liters in h14's car, 5.0 liters in Punjab workshops.. Also please tell if after filling 4.2 liters how much oil did you find on the dipstick after 5 minutes of shutting fully warmed up engine as jeep recommends to top up by about 0.9 liters if oil level is at base or lowest level on the dipstick.
Sandeep500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 10:02   #1639

Hi all,

Firstly, thank you Team BHP for approving my membership. This is my first post.

So I got delivery of my new Jeep Compass Sports Plus Petrol last month and have been driving it almost daily for 50kms+. I feel I made a great decision of buying this vehicle over of Kia Seltos. Compass is an absolute pleasure to drive and I don't really care about the cosmetic and gimmicky features.

However, I have been facing a few niggles which the Okhla (New Delhi) service center have not been able to provide a solution for. If any other Compass owner has faced similar issues and found solutions, it would be really helpful if you could share them.

The niggles are as follows:
1. The plastic cap at the interiors of side view mirrors make noises at high music volume (very irritating) - service center guys told me this problem exists with every Compass, so no solution
2. The brake makes a very quite screeching/friction sound every time I press it - again they said every compass has this and no solution
3. Whenever I turn off the AC, the vehicle starts vibrating (low intensity) and keeps vibrating till the time AC remains off. This has me worried a lot - again the guys at service center said this issue is there with all Sports Plus Petrol models

So, basically they said all the above 3 problems are common to other Compass cars and they do not have a solution, and this made me quite confused about what service are they going to provide in future.

It would be awesome if anyone on the forum has found any solutions for the above problems.

Once again, thanks Team BHP for approving my membership.

Will keep you posted on my experience going forward also.

Thanks.
Old 24th November 2019, 10:53   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibracadabra View Post
Hi all,

The niggles are as follows:

2. The brake makes a very quite screeching/friction sound every time I press it - again they said every compass has this and no solution
3. Whenever I turn off the AC, the vehicle starts vibrating (low intensity) and keeps vibrating till the time AC remains off. This has me worried a lot - again the guys at service center said this issue is there with all Sports Plus Petrol models

First of all welcome to team bhp family.

Regarding the above issue been present in all similar vehicles, did you test drive a similar model and was it observed there also or it was just the service center guys saying it? Sometimes these guys, just to get us of behind there back give such lame excuses.

Step 1:If you have not driven a similar compass i say you take a test drive ASAP from showroom(depending on how urgent you feel the issue is) and observe if the issue exists.

Step 2:Then you go to service center and ask them also for a test drive on a similar vehicle (sometimes these cunning guys will come up with a faulty vehicle with similar issue, hence the reason i asked you to do step 1)

If the service center guys insist that it is an issue with all similar models then ask them to give it in writing.( Do not accept this without a test drive)

Step 3: Escalate to customer care ( with or without the letter) and get further info about the issue.

Step 4: Be slightly on guard about you next service center visit as you can never know how these guys react to escalation and do not mess up something else in you car.

Personally I feel brake screeching and ac vibrations are not common, maybe fellow bhpians who own same variant can comment.(maybe it is better to see reactions from bhpians who own compass and then proceed with steps above)

Last edited by SideView : 24th November 2019 at 10:56. Reason: Tyo
SideView is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 11:07   #1641
BHPian

I, for one have never faced these problems. There is some rattling, occasionally from the driver's door panel, not connected with playing music. Brakes and AC, no issues like you mention.
Old 25th November 2019, 10:02   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibracadabra View Post
Firstly, thank you Team BHP for approving my membership. This is my first post.
Even I have almost a month old Sport Plus but I have not faced any of these problems yet. It is possible that I haven't raised the volume very high/ played bass heavy songs hence I would not have noticed the issue. However, not faced the other two till now.

Last edited by ampere : 25th November 2019 at 10:18. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 26th November 2019, 14:14   #1643
Distinguished - BHPian

My cousin is keen on a Jeep Compass Limited 4X4. He stays in NCR and has contacted all dealers for the same. He has been told that after launch of Trailhawk, regular Compass Limited 4X4 production has been stopped. Is this news true? If yes, then is it a permanent halt or a temporary one? When will the production start if it's a temporary halt?
Old 26th November 2019, 17:00   #1644
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
My cousin is keen on a Jeep Compass Limited 4X4. He stays in NCR and has contacted all dealers for the same. He has been told that after launch of Trailhawk, regular Compass Limited 4X4 production has been stopped. Is this news true? If yes, then is it a permanent halt or a temporary one? When will the production start if it's a temporary halt?
It is a temporary halt. Most probably the production will restart some time in Jan/Feb, these will be BS6 compliant vehicles.

Also, as per the information that I have, currently there is no 4x4 and Limited Plus variants available. So, people who are looking for these variants will have to wait for MY 2020 vehicles.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 18:51   #1645
BHPian

After the TD today asked the showroom people if compass was BS6 ready because thats what I remember reading that somewhere and they said "NO".

So I went to jeep india site and I cant find BS6 Ready written anywhere. Have I gone crazy ??
Old 28th November 2019, 19:52   #1646
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
After the TD today asked the showroom people if compass was BS6 ready because thats what I remember reading that somewhere and they said "NO".

So I went to jeep india site and I cant find BS6 Ready written anywhere. Have I gone crazy ??
Compass is BS4 and Trailhawk is BS6.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 19:56   #1647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Compass is BS4 and Trailhawk is BS6.

But wasn't it advertised as "BS6 READY" before Trailhawk?
Old 28th November 2019, 20:16   #1648
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
But wasn't it advertised as "BS6 READY" before Trailhawk?
lol. You fell for the marketing jargon.

When they say BS6 ready it means that when BS6 comes out we will be "ready" and the engine can be updated to BS6.

BS6 compliant means it meets BS6 which is the trail hawk.

So what they meant same engine can meet BS6 emissions when the time comes.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 12:04   #1649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Clutch - Replaced under warranty when odo was 20k
Whoa! A clutch replacement at 20k on the odo! That does not sound so good. What exactly happened?
Old 29th November 2019, 12:45   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Whoa! A clutch replacement at 20k on the odo! That does not sound so good. What exactly happened?
A known issue in the initial batches of compass.
That's the reason company is replacing under warranty.
They have upgraded the clutch design now.
ank.nsit is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks