Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2019, 15:37   #1666
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

So the fuel pump on my 2 year old 4x4 Limited (O) failed recently and was replaced under warranty. Car had run 15,500 kms then.

One fine morning, the car refused to start and showed "Service Electronic Parking Brake" in the odometer display. It would crank but won't start. It had to be towed to the Service Centre. Landmark Jeep was quick in the diagnosis and the car was ready in a day. I thereafter did a Mumbai - Jaipur - Mumbai drive (around 2500 kms) and there was no drama whatsoever.

There was no particular reason attributed to the fuel pump failure as such. SA said, "it's electronic, can happen sometimes". For the record, my car primarily runs in Mumbai about 15kms/ a day and I have been filling fuel in all my cars for the last 11 years at the same fuel pump.
crackparag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 23:59   #1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysaj View Post
I was asking about this. Can get this from settings in HU. Could you please have a check? Thank you!!
Version on my car is 22.00.63.02

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th December 2019 at 00:50. Reason: Removed picture within quote.
Old 7th December 2019, 15:47   #1668
SS4
BHPian

Having cancelled my booking for Seltos GTX+ 7DCT because of its pricing, I started to evaluate other options and narrowed it down to the Jeep Compass.

Jeep dealer is offering a 2018 Compass Limited 4X4 (Dec '18 manufactured) as part of stock clearance for 23 L (I can negotiate another 40-50k). On comparison, the on-road price for the same variant is 26.4 L (Aug '19 manufactured). The sales person said it was kept inside the showroom for 5 months (verified) and at the open stockyard thereafter, for 2+ months. It was not used as a test drive vehicle. I had a look at the vehicle and didn’t find any issues/abuse. It looked like a new car. Odometer reading was 120.

Do you guys think it's wise to go for it? Thanks in advance!
Old 7th December 2019, 18:00   #1669
BHPian

Hi SS4,
You are getting a pretty good deal.I think at this price you are getting a proper premium vehicle which you can enjoy for long time and will appreciate your choice as the time passes. Be sure to first fully check that it was not used as test drive car and ensure warranty from the current date .
Sandeep500 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 18:37   #1670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4 View Post
Having cancelled my booking for Seltos GTX+ 7DCT because of its pricing, I started to evaluate other options and narrowed it down to the Jeep Compass.

Jeep dealer is offering a 2018 Compass Limited 4X4 (Dec '18 manufactured) as part of stock clearance for 23 L (I can negotiate another 40-50k). On comparison, the on-road price for the same variant is 26.4 L (Aug '19 manufactured). The sales person said it was kept inside the showroom for 5 months (verified) and at the open stockyard thereafter, for 2+ months. It was not used as a test drive vehicle. I had a look at the vehicle and didn’t find any issues/abuse. It looked like a new car. Odometer reading was 120.

Be very careful. It's a one year old car and why it's not sold is a big question mark. Please do a very thorough PDI before you commit to it. Check for date it was shipped from the factory. You can ask for the original factory shipping papers. Also check for the VIN number to cross check date of manufacturing.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 18:52   #1671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Anything so high on the odometer should raise eyebrows . No way i would buy a vehicle with the given history which has 120 kms on the odo. My advice : stay away unless your risk appetite is very healthy.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 19:00   #1672
BHPian

The points raised above by traveller are very valid and you should be checking the vehicle throughly before making the deal and being swayed by discount. Ask for reasons for it to be not sold for so long. By interacting with S.A you will get the idea if he is giving valid reasons or lying.
Sandeep500 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 19:59   #1673
BHPian

Quote:

Only 3L discount for a 1 year old vehicle. I wouldn’t consider it as a great discount.( they just seem to be passing on the depreciation) Personally I would go with the newer vehicle.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 14:00   #1674
SS4
BHPian

Thank you guys, I’ve decided to wait for the 2020 JC!
SS4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 15:57   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you guys, I've decided to wait for the 2020 JC!
Good call. It will be worth the wait. There are design changes also in the offing.

Was this KHT or PPS. I remember PPS folks had told me there is no 4x4 Limited at all in November wonder where this one came from
Old 8th December 2019, 16:06   #1676
BHPian

Any confirmation on when BS6 compass's will be available? The dealer was saying post Jan but now he is saying post March.
Old 9th December 2019, 02:02   #1677
SS4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

Was this KHT or PPS. I remember PPS folks had told me there is no 4x4 Limited at all in November wonder where this one came from
SRT Jeep, Coimbatore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Any confirmation on when BS6 compass's will be available? The dealer was saying post Jan but now he is saying post March.
As per my SA, it will be launched on mid January with AT.
Old 14th December 2019, 18:31   #1678
Senior - BHPian

Offroading with Jeep Compass Trailhawk, Ford Endeavour, Tata Storme:

Surprised to see the Trailhawk struggle.... The Viewers did not spare the Trailhawk with their comments too.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 18:42   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Offroading with Jeep Compass Trailhawk, Ford Endeavour, Tata Storme:

Surprised to see the Trailhawk struggle.... The Viewers did not spare the Trailhawk with their comments too.
Like mentioned in the video (4:15), i blame the HT tyres. It looked like it wasnt able to grip the surface well enough and put the power down.

Even though the commenter says it does not have big impact, i dont feel so.

Last edited by SideView : 14th December 2019 at 18:43. Reason: Typo
Old 14th December 2019, 21:28   #1680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
This channel has excellent offroading content and generally push the cars off road properly. Not the silly demo runs that manufacturers set up for press events.

The Trailhawk is nowhere near the Fortuner/Endeavour/Thar. Buy a regular Compass for touring and buy something else if you want to off road.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks