Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2020, 20:24   #1741
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Anyone know what’s causing these 2.3 years into ownership?

Is it the sign of something worse on the way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This is paint bubbles due to rust!

Please get them to strip it to bare metal and repaint with primer and all coats.
Like Vidyut mentioned, the preparation of the metal before painting is key. Hope they use a weld through/zinc phosphate spray and then go with the regular painting stuff. This is not supposed to happen in the current span of ownership even if the car is primarily used in the coastal region.

Get it fixed. Mind you silver color matching is not easy.
nkrishnap is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 20:33   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Get it fixed. Mind you silver color matching is not easy.
Are there any colors that are easy to match? Asking because I feel all the colors are difficult to match.
Old 16th February 2020, 20:36   #1743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Are there any colors that are easy to match? Asking because I feel all the colors are difficult to match.
OT. Pearl white and Silver are difficult to match, the rest depends on how paint mixing is done and sprayed. Depends on the person painting it.
nkrishnap is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 07:56   #1744
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass BS6 MT Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
The question remains will they give discounts down 2-3 months or not and AFAIK they were not giving anything on trailhawk either.
Highly unlikely that there would be any discounts of any significance in the near future. You will probably need to wait for year end or festive season at least to be offered any meaningful discounts.
Old 17th February 2020, 16:33   #1745

I know wrong thread but would you recommend buying a BS4 Limited Plus 4*2 at a very less discount (50k)? Dec 2019 make.

Rationale is :
1) Not to fussed on resale, plan to keep for 8-10 years;
2) Limited Plus BS6 with 0 discounts will become out of budget;
3) Limited Plus was never offered with discounts;
4) Probably the last car available;
5) No Limited/Limited(O) in BS6.

So the question then is BS4 Limited Plus 4*2 or BS6 Longitude Plus 4*2 Or Innova BS6 (more car).

Booking amount For Limited Plus 4*2 BS4 paid - have the option to cancel.
Old 17th February 2020, 17:21   #1746
BHPian

It depends upon your usage. If you drive more on highways than in city then BS4 Limited Plus 4*2 is a good option as it will be relatively cheaper and is more enjoyable to drive as it has better mid range rpm punch. It also has better feel good factor due Panaromic sunroof and other features.But if you drive more within the city confines then BS6 longitude plus At will be a good option. It has better low speed drivability. But Longitude plus BS6 4*2 manual without any discount will not be a good buy.
Old 17th February 2020, 19:34   #1747
Distinguished - BHPian

I would not be buying a BSIV car at this juncture unless there is a deep discount to offset losses during sale. I am pretty sure BSIV and prior diesels will become more and more hated as global warming and pollution speeds up and the courts are sure to step in to curtail their useful life. The value would start to drop dramatically if an all India ban post the initial 10/15 year registration period comes into force.
Old 18th February 2020, 00:25   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giribhai View Post
2) Limited Plus BS6 with 0 discounts will become out of budget;
3) Limited Plus was never offered with discounts;
4) Probably the last car available;
5) No Limited/Limited(O) in BS6.
Most people with Limited Plus models who i know complain of the stiff ride quality that is offered due to the 18 inch wheels and the Turanzas that are not good. Do keep that in mind.
The BS6 Longitude Plus is more than equal to BS4 Limited (i would take the cruise control vs leather trade off anyday)

Last edited by Sheel : 18th February 2020 at 09:44. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 18th February 2020, 19:04   #1749
BHPian

Quote:
I know wrong thread but would you recommend buying a BS4 Limited Plus 4*2 at a very less discount (50k)? Dec 2019 make.

So the question then is BS4 Limited Plus 4*2 or BS6 Longitude Plus 4*2 Or Innova BS6 (more car).

Booking amount For Limited Plus 4*2 BS4 paid - have the option to cancel.
Personally, I'd go for the Limited Plus model. The only problem that I see with it is the ride quality, but I'll switch to 17" alloys with a sweeter design when the new car feel dies 5 years later and it's time to change balding tires. The 50k saved will come in handy for those alloys then There's a 7.5% difference in sidewall thickness between these two.

Update:
I just went down this rabbit hole and dreamt of getting 15" black rhino wheels with a round of 215/75/R15 for myself a few years later.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-blackrhinograndcherokee3.jpg  

Last edited by di1in : 18th February 2020 at 19:32.
di1in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 20:04   #1750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
15" black rhino wheels with a round of 215/75/R15 for myself a few years later.
Absolutely menacing, I must say!

I have a limited plus with the 18 inch alloys and Bridgestone Turanza rubber. I have not taken it off road much and have driven in the city and on highway.
The ride is stiff and you feel the bumps on road only at crawling speed. Once you are in motion, bumps and small craters on road will not matter to you. I don't know about others but I believe the alloys on the vehicle looks absolutely dope and ravishing. It just increases the glamorous quotient. It certainly is the most handsome OEM alloy on any indian vehicle under 30 lacs. But then, it is just my take..

I would buy Limited plus over others if money is not a constraint because of this alloy alone. Not to mention the glorious and " Party trick" of panoramic sunroof, electric height adjusting seats, lumbar supporting seat, auto wiper etc, which becomes additional bonus.

Picture source: Autocarindia.com
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-20180919015425_compass-limited-plus-side.jpg  

Last edited by Roadster17 : 18th February 2020 at 20:08. Reason: Added elaboration
Roadster17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 15:23   #1751
BHPian

Quote:

Rationale is :
I read in some Facebook feed that Jeep is offering 1.5 lakhs discount. I am not sure about the variant, but it was BS4 clearance. I am sure you can push the discounts even further if you bargain hard.

Worst case scenario, if you only get 50k discount, then this it itself is a sweet deal. You can spend this amount on some accessories of your choice. Don't worry much about BS4 vs BS6, this will have no impact on you as you are planning to keep it for 8-10 years. Best of luck.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 11:26   #1752

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I read in some Facebook feed that Jeep is offering 1.5 lakhs discount. I am not sure about the variant, but it was BS4 clearance. I am sure you can push the discounts even further if you bargain hard.

Worst case scenario, if you only get 50k discount, then this it itself is a sweet deal. You can spend this amount on some accessories of your choice. Don't worry much about BS4 vs BS6, this will have no impact on you as you are planning to keep it for 8-10 years. Best of luck.
Yes there was a 1.5 Lakh discount but it was only for Petrol AT models, Limited Plus 4*2 Diesel has never had any such offer based on what I know. A fellow T-Bhpian mentioned getting a 1.30 Lakh off on Limited Plus 4*4. Based on the same, I did ask the dealer to match but he showed me the notification from FCA clearly mentioning a discount of 0.30 Lakh for Limited Plus 4*2 and 1.30 Lakh for Limited Plus 4*4.
Old 22nd February 2020, 14:22   #1753

Update - Took delivery of the Jeep Compass Limited Plus yesterday.
giribhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 16:34   #1754
BHPian

Quote:
Update - Took delivery of the Jeep Compass Limited Plus yesterday.
Congratulations, for your new ride, hope you enjoy it to maximum.
Do post pictures and tell about the deal you got.
Sandeep500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 15:39   #1755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
Congratulations, for your new ride, hope you enjoy it to maximum.
Do post pictures and tell about the deal you got.
Sure will share more pics in an ownership thread hopefully. Loving the car.

Deal was same ~53k less on ex-showroom, last car so they had like 5 customers willing to buy (apparently). Just got a free standard kit with a perfume, keychain, and a nice pen. Got a 7% discount on the accessories (just bought the MOPAR rubber mats for now).

Also got the combo plan Insurance @ Rs. 69,xxx (all covered) that was originally quoted as Rs. 1,17,000 or Rs. 1,19,000 (I know everyone gets this discount).

One interesting thing happened though, I asked for a waiver of Handling charges and the dealership immediately accommodated the same amount within the discount.

Not to fussed on the deal as I absolutely love the car - it has it all pretty much. Those alloys on Limited Plus are seriously dope. The drive is neat - well composed and stable.

Have to say Jeep Compass Limited Plus is a well built product with minimal cost cutting on important elements, and lots of finesse. Probably the best self driving SUV at ~ 25 Lakh OTR?

Not an enthusiast so don't know much about stiff ride quality reported by users of Limited Plus. To me 18 inch wheels mean better things than 17 inch wheels and did I mention how cool are those alloys.

I'd be really thankful if someone can let me know the following:

1) Rules for running in the engine - how many KMs, how fast, Max RPMs, other things to consider. I really want to maintain the car in perfect shape;

2) Any recommendations on coating in Del-NCR - which coating, which place, ballpark amount to spend;

3) Any other thing that I should get done or know.

Here's a pic from delivery. Seen here's my Mum, myself (in white shirt and a big smile), and my dad standing with SA Sandeep and GM Sales from Landmark Jeep.

Name:  5C8BC63506B24ABDAF4C3F1C37ED7FD3.png
Views: 3061
Size:  577.9 KB
giribhai is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks