Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2020, 01:13   #1951
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
How is the ride quality on bad roads as compared to the Seltos?
Thanks. My Seltos test drive was very short. I couldn't sample it on bad roads or at highway speeds - so can't comment. But there are more than a few people saying that the Seltos is on the Stiffer side.

The Compass's ride quality is decent at low speeds but where it truly shines I think is when the speeds pick up. During this weekend's drive, I didnt bother to brake on several bad stretches - the Compass just sailed past. My Wife who was sitting in the back seat too didn't have anything to complain about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
Regarding roof wrapping is it mat finish and what did it cost.
Thanks, Its Glossy Black and cost about Rs 300 per square feet.
Old 17th September 2020, 23:14   #1952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
\The Longitude Plus variant comes with Bi-Xenon HIDs. Same as the top end Limited Plus.
How are the bi-xenons at night? Could you post some pictures, please?

After a lot of deliberation, I've booked the Compass Limited Plus 4x4 AT. Should be delivered within the week as per the dealership. I'll be posting details on the decision process, etc. once we get the car.
Old 18th September 2020, 11:00   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
The Head vs. The Heart in a no holds barred wrestling Match

After a grueling contest in which there was nothing to pick between the two, The Heart goes for the kill. It lands its finishing move – a roundhouse kick flush on the chin. The Head is caught napping and is too late to react. 1…2…3…..Its all over.

Winner by pinfall: The Jeep Compass
Congratulations Loki on your acquisition. Good to see another red and black Compass here. Wishing you thousands of safe and happy miles.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 18:01   #1954

Mods, apologies if this query has been done before.

So yeah, having lived with a Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD active until November 2019, I decided for an upgrade and since I already have a VW Ameo 1.5 Tdi, I sought another European style car clearly for the ride and handling, plus the safety. After trading with a Renault Captur, I'm somehow not content with the engine performance as it's pretty linear, not to mention the pain in lower rpm's. This prompted me to do some research of exchanging this with a more fun-to-drive vehicle and quite obviously, I happen to end up a Jeep Compass.

Now then, a new 2020 BS6 model is out of my budget but what I found out was the used car market especially cars24 has a couple of Limited Option 4x4 Diesel car of 2018 make with an odo of 20k kms. The car is barely run and a 4x4 vehicle around 14.5 lakhs is definitely a mouth watering deal. Ofcourse, the cars24 ratings show up 5/5 and at the outset, the car(in pictures) doesn't look abused at all. I haven't got to check the car in person but some feedback from this forum would definitely help. Coming from a Fiat background, I'm aware of the expensive service offerings but as far the servicables cost around 12-15k/yr is definitely fine with me. Following are the set questions that I have in my head
1) Declining Sales- Although, Jeep Compass is not a mass segment car, but the declining trend in sales as against the last year is something to worry upon. The last thing that I would want after investing a fortune in this, would be FCA wrapping up its Jeep business as well. Although, I do not usually buy a car keeping it's resale value in mind, but I really plan to use it for the next 6-8 years.
2) Model Specific- Did the September 2018 Limited Option 4x4 infotainment system come with Android Auto/Apple Carplay?
3) If the current model doesn't have the 5 year warranty package, can I buy one after purchasing?
4) Average service costs.
5) Average parts availability time.
6) Any specific issues that I need to be worried of for older models, in my case 2018?
7)Fuel economy expectancy for city use in bumper to bumper traffic and highways?
8) Would 13L to 14L INR be a VFM deal, assuming the car is touchwood?
9) Anything else that I need to consider?
Old 18th September 2020, 20:22   #1955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishn88 View Post
1) Declining Sales- Although, Jeep Compass is not a mass segment car, but the declining trend in sales as against the last year is something to worry upon. The last thing that I would want after investing a fortune in this, would be FCA wrapping up its Jeep business as well. Although, I do not usually buy a car keeping it's resale value in mind, but I really plan to use it for the next 6-8 years.

2) Model Specific- Did the September 2018 Limited Option 4x4 infotainment system come with Android Auto/Apple Carplay?

3) If the current model doesn't have the 5 year warranty package, can I buy one after purchasing?

6) Any specific issues that I need to be worried of for older models, in my case 2018?

7)Fuel economy expectancy for city use in bumper to bumper traffic and highways?

Sathish, don't be worried about the dwindling sales. For sure FCA will be around longer than you can keep the Jeep. Remember India is the manufacturing hub for all right hand drive markets of the world.

The Renault is too new a vehicle to replace. I suggest you try some remaps, if you are not happy with the performance. Get in touch with Bangalore based Race Dynamics and check out their engine maps.

If you are still unhappy, you could always revisit your decision.

On your other questions.

I am guessing you could still buy the extended warranty.

Expect service costs to be in the range of 12-15 K.

Mopar seems to be doing a good job on part availability.

Yes Android auto and CarPlay are available.

13-14 lakhs is a good deal, but you are sure to lose a lot by selling the Renault now.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 22:00   #1956
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mine is an August/September 2018 model, its at 50K Kms now and so far all good.

For Service cost and Fuel efficiency, you can refer to my below post,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4884823

Regarding Service experience and parts availability, its going to be very similar to your Fiat experience. And as mentioned by Arjun Reddy, there are other markets dependent on the Pune Manufacture unit, so hopefully we shouldn't be facing any issues related to parts or service.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 22:53   #1957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Congratulations Loki on your acquisition. Good to see another red and black Compass here. Wishing you thousands of safe and happy miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron999 View Post
How are the bi-xenons at night? Could you post some pictures, please?
After a lot of deliberation, I've booked the Compass Limited Plus 4x4 AT. Should be delivered within the week as per the dealership. I'll be posting details on the decision process, etc. once we get the car.

Thank you and Congratulations to you both. I would have loved to go for the 4X4 MT. But I had already emptied my piggy bank The 4X2 should do for 99% of my use cases i guess.

Re: Bi Xenon HIDs - Took some quick pics in the neighborhood. I like the overall illumination. If i had got the Sport Plus model with Halogens, then I would have definitely gone for this OEM HID upgrade.

Low beam at the highest angle/setting
Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200918-10.37.44-pm.jpeg

High beam (its the same lamp, they use a shutter mechanism for the low beam i guess)
Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200918-10.43.42-pm.jpeg
loki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 23:42   #1958
BHPian

Quote:
Re: Bi Xenon HIDs - Took some quick pics in the neighborhood. I like the overall illumination. If i had got the Sport Plus model with Halogens, then I would have definitely gone for this OEM HID upgrade.
Thanks loki! The illumination looks quite good.
Any experience on highways, badly lit roads at night, during the rains/fog?
Old 20th September 2020, 18:16   #1959
BHPian

Kochi Jeep dealer got a 2020 Compass Limited Plus in stock. It is a BS4 model registered in the name of the dealer to meet the registration deadline. The car has done only 44 kms and is in H mode. I have seen the pics and looks pristine. The dealer offered 3L discount on the initial discussion, which I think is open for heavy negotiation for a serious buyer.

I was in discussion with the dealer but not sure if I can close it, sharing if someone finds it useful.
northstar* is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 16:59   #1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Kochi Jeep dealer got a 2020 Compass Limited Plus in stock. It is a BS4 model registered in the name of the dealer to meet the registration deadline. The car has done only 44 kms and is in H mode. I have seen the pics and looks pristine. The dealer offered 3L discount on the initial discussion, which I think is open for heavy negotiation for a serious buyer.

I was in discussion with the dealer but not sure if I can close it, sharing if someone finds it useful.
Is it a 4X4 variant, Diesel variant? What could the OTR for this particular model at the time of registration be? (I know, maybe asking for too much, but helps in determining my budget accordingly).

As you mentioned about having some pictures, could you share them?
Since, I stay in Karnataka, I need to find out if its feasible enough or not, for the RTO charges that is going to incur.
Old 22nd September 2020, 16:53   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
Is it a 4X4 variant, Diesel variant? What could the OTR for this particular model at the time of registration be? (I know, maybe asking for too much, but helps in determining my budget accordingly)
Its a 4x2 Diesel variant. The OTR Kerala should be close to 29L.

I would suggest to get in touch with the dealership for further details, can share the contact details if needed.
Old 23rd September 2020, 22:18   #1962
BHPian

Hello All, I am getting the trailhawk variant 1st Owner driven 9500 km at 20 Lacs in Delhi. What are the downsides of this variant? Is it a good bet to plonk 2 Million INR on this?
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 20:21   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Hello All, I am getting the trailhawk variant 1st Owner driven 9500 km at 20 Lacs in Delhi. What are the downsides of this variant? Is it a good bet to plonk 2 Million INR on this?
Absolutely no downsides. You get at a great price, a highly capable automatic BS6 vehicle that will give you loads of smiles in whatever terrain you take her to. Very few cars can do that, mind you.

Go for it.
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 11:21   #1964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That seems to be too good a deal to be true, given the mileage and the fact that it cannot be more than a year old! Please inspect the car very carefully before taking the plunge.
Old 25th September 2020, 11:41   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Whats the catch here? A new Trailhawk is almost 33 lacs OTR in Delhi. Why is this 9.5k run example only 20 lacs? It was launched only in 2019, so not sure which month in 2019 was this one manufactured?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks