Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2020, 12:14   #1966
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Whats the catch here? A new Trailhawk is almost 33 lacs OTR in Delhi. Why is this 9.5k run example only 20 lacs? It was launched only in 2019, so not sure which month in 2019 was this one manufactured?
I looked up on Vaahan, the car was registered in July 2019 and it says Trailhawk 2.0 AT (O) BSVI but I don’t know why the car doesn’t have Anti glare decal on the bonnet and driver side Trail rated badge but there is Trailhawk badge visible on the rear side. Any catch here?
Old 25th September 2020, 12:19   #1967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
I looked up on Vaahan, the car was registered in July 2019 and it says Trailhawk 2.0 AT (O) BSVI but I don’t know why the car doesn’t have Anti glare decal on the bonnet and driver side Trail rated badge but there is Trailhawk badge visible on the rear side. Any catch here?
As cool_dube also mentioned, this deal just seems to be too good to be true to me. And anything that seems to be too good to be true, generally is. 13 lacs off the on road price for a 14 month old car? I thought valuation should be in the range of 25-26 lacs. I also checked in Carwale, and they say 24-26 lacs as fair valuation.

In my opinion, you should check the car thoroughly. Get a back ground check done at Jeep if possible. Get a mechanic to inspect the car inside out. If no red flags go ahead.
Garth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 12:40   #1968
Senior - BHPian

Please stay away. Looks like a repaired vehicle or otherwise damaged in some way. The bonnet decal missing is a big red flag. Don't fall for this trap.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 08:49   #1969

To buy or not to buy an FCA Demo/ Presser Trailhawk?
This forum is IMHO the most evolved Jeep user group - so I need urgent advice on whether I should buy a FCA factory/ demo Trailhawk that’s done about 8k and is a little over 1.3 years old. The dealership is offering it for ~ 24 lakhs OTR. I’m so attracted to the JC and the Trailhawk top trim looks great. And with a potential 30% discount off a new vehicle OTR, I am tempted - but I’m concerned about the potential wear and tear issues associated with a (presumably) hard-driven plant car. Or should the extended warranty take care of any concerns? Do guide me. It’s a heart versus mind thing, I think ......
Old 26th September 2020, 10:08   #1970
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.milapsan View Post
To buy or not to buy an FCA Demo/ Presser Trailhawk?

This forum is IMHO the most evolved Jeep user group - so I need urgent advice on whether I should buy a FCA factory/ demo Trailhawk that’s done about 8k and is a little over 1.3 years old. The dealership is offering it for ~ 24 lakhs OTR. I’m so attracted to the JC and the Trailhawk top trim looks great. And with a potential 30% discount off a new vehicle OTR, I am tempted .....

Is the car already registered? Will you be the first owner or the second? Would your finance qualify for a new car loan or a pre owned car loan?(interest rates are steep for pre owned)

You probably should stay away from press cars. The 8k clocked on that car would have been done so with abuse. Especially the Trailhawk, would have encountered mainly off road trails for most of the 8 k KMs.

I would suggest a new Compass any day. There is a Compass available at all budgets starting 20 lakhs. I would spend the 24 lakhs on the diesel auto longitude 4*4. Great value.FCA is also running great discounts on the longitude trims.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 26th September 2020 at 10:09.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 10:16   #1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Is the car already registered? Will you be the first owner or the second? Would your finance qualify for a new car loan or a pre owned car loan?(interest rates are steep for pre owned)

You probably should stay away from press cars. The 8k clocked on that car would have been done so with abuse. Especially the Trailhawk, would have encountered mainly off road trails for most of the 8 k KMs.

I would suggest a new Compass any day. There is a Compass available at all budgets starting 20 lakhs. I would spend the 24 lakhs on the diesel auto longitude 4*4. Great value.FCA is also running great discounts on the longitude trims.
Thanks so much for the quick response, Arjun Reddy. To your questions:
1. It’s unregistered and I’ll be the first owner
2. Won’t be opting for bank finance

The Diesel Auto Longitude 4*4 sounds REALLY good - but does it have the pano sunroof, which I’m very keen on? I’m not sure but I don’t think so.

Please also guide me about long term ownership costs, reliability and the prospects of FCA India surviving over next 5-7 years?

Thanks a ton!
Old 26th September 2020, 11:00   #1972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.milapsan View Post
The Diesel Auto Longitude 4*4 sounds REALLY good - but does it have the pano sunroof, which I’m very keen on? I’m not sure but I don’t think so. !

No sunroof on longitude variants. May you should push to Limited Plus in that case.
For your other queries, please read my post # 1955 on the same thread.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 11:04   #1973

Quote:
No sunroof on longitude variants. May you should push to Limited Plus in that case.
For your other queries, please read my post # 1955 on the same thread.
Arjun, thanks again. I am unable to PM you but may we please exchange emails? My email is i.milapsan@gmail.com
Old 9th October 2020, 12:46   #1974
BHPian

Whether google map work in Jeep Compass limited plus screen when connect with iPhone.
Regards
Old 9th October 2020, 12:58   #1975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Whether google map work in Jeep Compass limited plus screen when connect with iPhone.
Regards
It works with Android Auto. Guess it will work with Apple Carplay as well. If Apple Carplay supports Google Maps
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 13:48   #1976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Regards
Google Maps works seamlessly with Apple Carplay. Also with the ios 14 update the interface looks a tad better.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 16:07   #1977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
It works with Android Auto. Guess it will work with Apple Carplay as well. If Apple Carplay supports Google Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Google Maps works seamlessly with Apple Carplay. Also with the ios 14 update the interface looks a tad better.
Thank you so very much. Once I tried with iPhone 11 - Audio and direction guidance was pretty clear but the map (image) was not ok somewhat. May be will try again.
Old 9th October 2020, 16:56   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
Longitude diesel 4*4 auto for 24 OTR?. I was in the the market for one. Haven't seen that low a quote still, in Banglore. If you have any contacts, please do share.
Old 9th October 2020, 23:12   #1979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
Longitude diesel 4*4 auto for 24 OTR?. I was in the the market for one. Haven't seen that low a quote still, in Banglore. If you have any contacts, please do share.
When I checked for a friend last week, MPS quoted close to 26L for Longitude diesel 4*4 auto.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 23:27   #1980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
When I checked for a friend last week, MPS quoted close to 26L for Longitude diesel 4*4 auto.
Thanks Arun. That's the same figure I too got. Not sure if Diwali and End of year good bring in some more reductions. ( I'm greedy )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks