Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2017, 18:47   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

It may have been posted already somewhere in the thread & I might have missed it but does anybody know the exact reason of why the rear wheels of the Compass are a bit off-center in the appearance in relation to the wheel well?

It reminds directly of the SUMO GOLD that has a very similar appearance in the rear wheel / wheel well area.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 18:55   #212
BHPian

Mod note: Post Edited, please use proper punctuations and avoid typing like.... this... Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Would that security guard even matter when considering 5-6 years a vehicle is used by the average Indian?

Anyways, hope he (whom you're referring as the customer here) went on to purchase a better vehicle.
Looks like you didn't get the point - anyways, I am no Fiat or any other brand's Fanboy. Customer reviews do matter and Fiat hands-down has to work on it. After sales do matter a lot, its not just that you go to a service center only when the service is due, unforeseen / minor accidents do happen and that's when you feel frustrated or maybe you are travelling long distance and the nearest dealer makes you wait for a day or so, just to get you your required spares.

Maybe, you are ok with just the product but a large number of people do care about service and that's what will lead to a brand's continuity in India. Ask those you bought the Chevy Cruze, thinking we don't care about service, now watch the same guys waiting to get a good deal to sell their car.

I have been talking from a neutral perspective, no hard feelings for your dear Fiat bro..

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th September 2017 at 19:04. Reason: Edited for dotty post.
Old 7th September 2017, 18:57   #213
BHPian

Did a quick test drive of the Longitude 2WD diesel this morning and came away a little disappointed with the power delivery. I guess it's not fair to compare it with my T-Jet but I expected more oomph from 170 horses. I felt the throttle response to be sluggish, and the overall power delivery very flat, even in the midrange. Definitely has more turbo lag than my Jet which made it a little frustrating to drive. I remember having more fun driving the Duster 110 and the Hexa, but it was a very short test drive and I am just penning a gut feeling which could be wrong.

On the positive side the ride is brilliant, firm but you feel in control. Clutch is nice and light (lighter than my Jet). They finally got the gearbox right, nice sweet positive action. I found the steering light coming from the Jet, but the car goes where you want it to and has a really nice self centering trait. It feels like a nice solid reassuring car to drive but the engine just didn't feel special to me. Sorry, but those Firestones are really noisy and would annoy me on a highway drive. My aunt was so impressed with the build quality inside and out that she might pick one up next year.

KHT was buzzing as usual and the good news is they deliver about 10 cars a day.
keroo1099 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 19:03   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
It may have been posted already somewhere in the thread & I might have missed it but does anybody know the exact reason of why the rear wheels of the Compass are a bit off-center in the appearance in relation to the wheel well?

It reminds directly of the SUMO GOLD that has a very similar appearance in the rear wheel / wheel well area.
The wheel position in the wheel well appears normal after the car is fully loaded. The suspension has more travel and hence, this is the case. Imagine a triangle with the trailing link in the unladen position and the fully laden position.
RedRaider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 19:03   #215
BHPian

Just got myself a Jeep Compass Limited Option trim in Black!!
I must say it looks amazing in black!!
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20170906wa0024.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20170906wa0000.jpg  

sambhav.jain is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 19:07   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
The wheel position in the wheel well appears normal after the car is fully loaded. The suspension has more travel and hence, this is the case. Imagine a triangle with the trailing link in the unladen position and the fully laden position.
Thats it? Then surely there are better ways to do this integration? There are cars with much larger articulation possible, that still retain wheels in the center when unladen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
Hey awesome!! Congratulations. Here's wishing you unlimited safe & happy miles with the Compass! Now go places . Absolutely stunning in black no doubt.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 19:20   #217
BHPian

Here's [attached pdf] the On-road price break-up for all variants of the Jeep Compass in Hyderabad.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jeep Compass Price List Format.pdf (115.1 KB, 983 views)
pankajparikh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 19:26   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! it surely looks mean in Black. Do start an ownership review. Being among the first owners, your reviews will surely help prospective customers.
So You miss out on the Black roof that other Limited(O) colours get.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 19:57   #219
BHPian

Was in a dense traffic when I spotted, what at first looked like a squatting TUV (since only the grill part was visible from between two vehicles) and later revealed itself to be the Compass. Boy it has a personality of its own! Spotted another Compass the same day. In blue(longitude) and silver(limited) respectively. It came as a surprise for me, since our city doesn't have a Jeep dealership, and the only Fiat dealership has (almost) closed down. Three in Rajasthan so far, with nearest one being about 300kms away. People are showing a good trust in Jeep, just like premium/luxury segment buyer does for JLR/Big three Germans.
Its a welcoming and encouraging thing, that people aren't sticking to the regular choice of brands.

Quote:
It certainly does! Congratulations on your new purchase. Couldn't find a single color in which the Compass looks below average. Black takes the game even ahead.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 20:14   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wow looks very nice in Black! My first choice was also black, but my previous experience with my Black Yeti was that it would get dusty in 2 hours in Gurgaon, so I changed my Compass choice to Silver. Black does look very classy but it needs a lot of shining and polishing to keep it that way, other colours less so. In the Compass all colours look quite good and suit the character of the car.
Old 7th September 2017, 21:26   #221
Team-BHP Support

Jeep India celebrating their booking # 10,000.

Quote:
Congratulations. Looks "royal" in black.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th September 2017 at 21:30.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 10:04   #222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Jeep India celebrating their booking # 10,000.
. One more way to make the customer feel special (car pretty much takes care of the rest in terms of feeling special).

As far as I can tell this is the showroom in Worli, Mumbai.
Last I checked they weren't scheduling test drives on phone. You had to physically go to the showroom and book a test drive.
Omkar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 10:06   #223
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Sambhav. The car looks smashing!

Fiat Chrysler should really put its heart and soul in marketing the Compass. It is a golden opportunity for the company to turn things around in India. With its old range of products, it could never dream of getting so many bookings in such a short period.

Now that the Compass has got the market's attention, its up to FCA to take things forward - bend over backwards if it has to. It should just not get complacent and let this chance slip.
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 10:45   #224
BHPian

Took delivery of the Grey Limited 4x4 the day before yesterday. Did the roof wrap at the 3M Detailing store. Hope to post a detailed ownership review soon, with comparisons to the Duster(my old car) and how she stacks up on the hills.Also am hoping to add brief inputs on some practical accessories for the car, which I came across and purchased.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-20170907_1704081209x1612.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20170907_1704221512x2016.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20170907_1704331612x1209.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20170907_1705321209x1612.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20170907_1713332016x1512.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20170907_171422756x1008.jpg  

Last edited by igp_79 : 8th September 2017 at 10:49.
igp_79 is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 10:52   #225
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post
Took delivery of the Grey Limited 4x4 the day before yesterday. Did the roof wrap at the 3M Detailing store. Hope to post a detailed ownership review soon, with comparisons to the Duster, my old car, and how much fun she is on the hills.
Congratulations. It sure has started raining ownership previews in this thread. But I guess you got the first 4*4 of the forum?

Eagerly waiting for that comparison with the Duster. There were comments in the "Jeep Compass v/s others thread" about how Duster is also a competition to the Compass, and should have been included in the poll. You would be in the best position to answer those.

Also, from the rumours floating around - the upcoming Kaptur might be positioned against the Compass and is based on the Duster platform.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks