Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2021, 00:34   #2626
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
Now, it would be really helpful if existing owners of 2021 compass can provide their inputs/experience with some of the niggles being reported specifically with the facelift to help with the decision making for anyone looking at the 2021 Compass.
Hey Suhas, I have the facelifted Jeep Compass 80th Anniversary Edition Petrol AT, so maybe I could answer some of your questions.

Quote:
1. Battery drain issue - I believe this was widely reported but specific to the S variant probably due to fully digital instrument cluster having some bugs? Has Jeep released any software updates to fix it? It will be a pain to run the vehicle every few days as a workaround considering unpredictable lockdowns these days.
This was not just limited to the S version, even during delivery of my vehicle the SA asked me to be careful and try and drive the car once every week at least to maintain battery health. But there was an update by Jeep that seems to have solved that problem. I recently drove mine after 10 days and the battery was fine, the MID also showed a battery level of 14.1V.

Quote:
2. Dashboard rattling issue - Not sure if this issue is as common as the first one, but some owners seem to have reported it especially on other forums (YouTube etc). Some reporting a noise from the steering!
Haven't experienced it much and have not heard about this too much from other owners too. There were one or two reports here and there, but as always can't make my experiences the general consensus and maybe the other owners can chime in.

Quote:
3. Compass was always believed to be the benchmark in ride & handling for SUV’s. However Vid & Manson report the ride to be too hard on bumps & general city conditions. Has Jeep reworked on suspension set up for the facelift adversely affecting it or are the 18 inch wheels to blame? Not sure if pre-facelift top end had 17” or 18” rims.
Mine has the 18" rims and I am very happy with the ride quality, pretty comparable with my 2010 Toyota Corolla that recently had its suspension overhauled. I fill the tyres with nitrogen and keep the pressure at factory recommended levels. On paper, the suspension setup of the facelift is the same as before. Have not driven the 17" rims so can not compare to that. Also, pre and post-facelift, the Sport and Longitude variants come with 17" rims and Limited and up with 18" rims.

Quote:
4. Clutch burn issue from the pre-facelift will be too early to detect on the 2021 models, hope those are one-off & not systemic.
Don't have the manual version so can't really comment on it, but recently heard that some people have been having clutch burning problems because of half-clutch driving. There were initial reports about clutch issues when the compass had just been introduced in India back in 2017, but they were quickly resolved. After that haven't heard much apart from a recent discussion on this thread itself (like this post (Jeep Compass : Official Review)). Maybe other owners can chime in here too.

Quote:
Any other niggles/issues that may be of concern? I understand no new car will be perfect, but just trying to make peace with the ones that come along with this one
Have not heard of any other niggles as such apart from the battery issues that seem to have been solved with an OTA update from the factory, so has been pretty peaceful till now. Some owners have reported that the UConnect system sometimes hangs up but that too can be resolved by doing a soft reset of the system by pressing a couple of buttons together (press and hold the volume and tuner buttons for 10 secs) and these reports have been few and far between.
jeeplife_newbie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 07:53   #2627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Something strange or I never bothered to notice. The KL road tax is more than Bangalore for the compass?

The on road price is 36.57L including extended warranty + accessories pack for the Model S 2,0D 4x4 AT
Yes, as per the pricing in Carwale, the KL road tax / registration cost is more expensive by 15K (for Model S 4x4 AT). I always thought the road tax in KL was lesser than KA/TN.

Last edited by arun_josie : 16th August 2021 at 07:56.
Old 16th August 2021, 12:48   #2628
BHPian

Quote:
1. Battery drain issue - I believe this was widely reported but specific to the S variant probably due to fully digital instrument cluster having some bugs? Has Jeep released any software updates to fix it? It will be a pain to run the vehicle every few days as a workaround considering unpredictable lockdowns these days.
I own a Limited Diesel Manual since last 4 months. I have not experienced any battery issues so far. The voltage levels have consistently been around 13 - 14 Volts

Quote:
2. Dashboard rattling issue - Not sure if this issue is as common as the first one, but some owners seem to have reported it especially on other forums (YouTube etc). Some reporting a noise from the steering!
Finally, I took my car on a major drive last week. Drove around 2,250 kms in 1 week. I am not sure if this qualifies as rattling but I hear some noise from my sunroof at times which is clouded by music although annoying without it. I will try to bring that up during my 6 month free inspection and keep you posted. No other noises inside the cabin.

Quote:
3. Compass was always believed to be the benchmark in ride & handling for SUV’s. However Vid & Manson report the ride to be too hard on bumps & general city conditions. Has Jeep reworked on suspension set up for the facelift adversely affecting it or are the 18 inch wheels to blame? Not sure if pre-facelift top end had 17” or 18” rims.
The limited variant is 18" tyres and I use the 35 -32 psi as prescribed. I come from the Polo world and for me the suspensions are just unbelievably good. I drove on some rough roads recently and it really takes them well. I went to a hill station as well so lot of winding roads and although i never felt unsafe but I was not pushing it to the limits on the curves. I was constantly lagging behind my friend's Baleno and although this totally depends on the driver but I believe I would have been much faster in my Polo. Once we were on the National Highway, Baleno was out of sight. Was not trying to race with him but just trying to throw some context here.

Quote:
4. Clutch burn issue from the pre-facelift will be too early to detect on the 2021 models, hope those are one-off & not systemic.
I have driven multiple times in crazy traffic in Mumbai. I am 5 feet 7 inches tall and recently got a decent seating position with my heel touching the mat which makes maneuvering a diesel clutch much easier. That being said, I am constantly aware in my mind of the half clutch problems. Releasing the clutch in gear 2 is too fast and cannot be used. 2nd gear is practically unusable in bumper to bumper. I constantly shift between 1 and Neutral. A slight move in 1 which continues or goes back to Neutral depending on the space ahead with very rare transitions to gear 2. I hope I am not doing something wrong and I have taken Extended Warranty which should hopefully help if things go south.

Last edited by abhatt : 16th August 2021 at 13:09.
abhatt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 18:07   #2629
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Real classy ! Loved this. One company that has taste.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-independence-day_pr.jpg
GTO is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 21:10   #2630
BHPian

Hello Guys,

1) Anyone has idea on when does the VIN number is allocated to the dealer?

I will be booking my Compass (Limited) this week and have informed my dealer that I am looking for Compass manufactured after June 2021. The dealer ordered their stock on July 2021 and received stocks which where manufactured in April 2021.

He informed me that the FCA does not provide VIN number in advance and VIN number can be derived after the vehical reaches the dealer's stock yard.

They are not sure if they even order a new vehical they will receive one which is manufactured after June 2021. I am not in hurry and can take delivery in the month of October.

2) Which engine in Compass will be more sensitive to fuel quality Diesel or Petrol? I believe usually Diesel engines are more sensitive to bad fuel.

3) I have requested for transit receipt or dispatch reciept from dealer once they confirm that a new stock has been allocated by Jeep. This is to avoid getting car which are lying in their stock yard. Any suggestion what else can be checked?

4) Will the DPF regeneration starts automatically if the daily running of car is very less.
Old 17th August 2021, 17:13   #2631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Real classy ! Loved this. One company that has taste.

Attachment 2193947
They are really good, I have not seen anyone close or near to JEEP India. The brand focuses on existing customers and do sponsor drive events. The only company has official clubs across PAN India.
Old 17th August 2021, 19:24   #2632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhisheksinh View Post
Hello Guys,

1) Anyone has idea on when does the VIN number is allocated to the dealer?
Dealer will have the VIN number as soon as the cars are dispatched from the factory. I am not sure if any process has changed now.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 19:40   #2633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Dealer will have the VIN number as soon as the cars are dispatched from the factory. I am not sure if any process has changed now.
Even I believe this is the process however dealer says that they will have the VIN number once the car arrives at stockyard.

All I want is to avoid getting a car which is in dealer’s open stockyard for months. Though they say that they have received the delivery in the month of June for the cars manufactured in April.
Old 17th August 2021, 20:54   #2634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All I want is to avoid getting a car which is in dealer’s open stockyard for months. Though they say that they have received the delivery in the month of June for the cars manufactured in April.
Yes, at times they get 2-3 months old car. You can do the booking but don't do the full payment till you do a proper PDI and verify the VIN.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 20:58   #2635
BHPian

Quote:
Even I believe this is the process however dealer says that they will have the VIN number once the car arrives at stockyard.

While awaiting allotment of my car after booking, my SA had told me that they get the VIN number as soon as the FCA plant allots the dealership a car and they pay the dealership price to FCA. He said all this happens in their system automatically as soon as they approve payment for the car to FCA.
jeeplife_newbie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 21:21   #2636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie View Post
While awaiting allotment of my car after booking, my SA had told me that they get the VIN number as soon as the FCA plant allots the dealership a car and they pay the dealership price to FCA. He said all this happens in their system automatically as soon as they approve payment for the car to FCA.
My dealer disagrees on this. I will try to speak with sales manager.
Old 18th August 2021, 07:38   #2637
BHPian

Hi All, We are in lookout for our 2nd car for long drives with budget of 20L to 30L range. We have Honda Jazz VMT for city drives. One of the car shortlisted were new Jeep Compass and other cars Kushaq & Taigun. While waiting for the Taigun price announcement and TD, we took TD of JC Limited 2.0D MT and pretty settled other than the back seat comfort is bit stiff compare with our Jazz. May I please check how is the rear seat comfort on Kushaq & Taigun?

We received the below quote and contemplating between Longitude (o) and Limited (o) as there is difference of Rs.3.5L. May I seek feedback from auto experts that the 3.5L difference is worth to book Limited (o)?

May I seek your advise whether any further negotiation is possible? Please advise.

Limited (o) 2.0 MT
Ex-Showroom: 22,69,000
TCS @ 1%: 22,690
RTO & Logistics: 4,66,946
Insurance: 68,592 (Own)
Ex Warranty: 40,000
Accessories: FOC
Total: 28,67,228

Longitude (o) 2.0 MT
Ex-Showroom: 19,74,000
TCS @ 1%: 19,740
RTO & Logistics: 4,26,986
Insurance: 61,826 (Own)
Ex Warranty: 35,000
Total: 25,17,552

Should we consider any other car? Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 18th August 2021, 08:43   #2638

Excellent thread. I checked out Compass at the showroom today and noticed that the Limited varient felt far more claustrophobic than the longitude one and the difference felt night and day. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this because of the interiors or sunroof?
Old 18th August 2021, 08:52   #2639
RDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousivakutti View Post

Longitude (o) 2.0 MT
Ex-Showroom: 19,74,000
TCS @ 1%: 19,740
RTO & Logistics: 4,26,986
Insurance: 61,826 (Own)
Ex Warranty: 35,000
Total: 25,17,552
I believe the ex-showroom price of Longitude D is 20,69,000. Are you getting cash discount upfront on this variant? There might be some room to bring down the logistics charges.
Jeep Compass is perfect for highway drives, especially if you are looking for manual. Other cars don't stand a chance in terms of driving dynamics as well as interiors.
Old 18th August 2021, 09:08   #2640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousivakutti View Post
We received the below quote and contemplating between Longitude (o) and Limited (o) as there is difference of Rs.3.5L. May I seek feedback from auto experts that the 3.5L difference is worth to book Limited (o)?
Yes, 3.5L is a big difference for the immediate next variant. One big difference is, you get 6 air bags in Limited (O). There are other useful features like Rain sensing wipers and 8 way power Driver Seat - With Memory Function as well.

Then you get leather seats, Sunroof, Dual tone roof, 18 inch alloys, LED tail lamps, Auto Headlamps etc.

So, if this fits in your budget, then I would suggest you to go with Limited (O).
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks