Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2021, 22:06   #2701
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
No Landmark Jeep does not have a cashless tie up with TATA AIG. They do have it with Reliance, AXA and Future Generali. FG generally gives competitive quotes. Do check them out. BTW i have found Landmark quotes to be seriously competitive, if you push them well enough.
Super helpful. Thanks

Going ahead with their quote (from Edelweiss) and yes, it is pretty close to what market has to offer.
RBleo21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 08:19   #2702
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Compass: Diesel 4x4 | Fuel Efficiency query

What kind of in city (assuming traffic) fuel efficiency are diesel A/T owners reporting for the new Compass?

A friend of mine bought it and he said he was getting about 6 kmpl in Mumbai traffic and he was informed that it will likely improve after first service. 6 is really low I feel in today’s day and age even if it’s diesel.

Any other users who have inputs on this front?

Thank you.
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:14   #2703
BHPian

I got my Jeep Compass Limited Diesel yesterday. Bought it in Bangalore , PPS motors is the dealership . Overall very nice experience. will post a detailed experience shortly
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeep-compass.jpeg  

car FANATICUS is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:20   #2704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car FANATICUS View Post
I got my Jeep Compass Limited Diesel yesterday. Bought it in Bangalore , PPS motors is the dealership . Overall very nice experience. will post a detailed experience shortly
Congratulations! Please do share your overall experience.
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:30   #2705
BHPian

Thanks a lot ! Sure will write detailed experience shortly. The drive of around 20 KM back home from dealership during evening peak traffic time was harrowing. Every bike , auto , car on road seemed like coming to give a dent to my car. Stopped at petrol bunk and hand brake got engaged , spent some 5 minutes to figure out on how to disengage.
Looks like transition from Duster to JC will not be very seamless for me. :-)
car FANATICUS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:38   #2706
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. Given the weather in Bangalore last few days, would be a good drive around city. Happy driving.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 13:23   #2707
BHPian

Many Congratulations. Compass is one of those very few cars that look awesome & premium, even in a simple (and super easy to maintain) color like White

Quote:
Looks like transition from Duster to JC will not be very seamless for me. :-)
Duster to Compass is definitely a humongous upgrade, specially in terms of interiors. For the e-break, I am sure you must have figured out (I am still putting it here, simply because I love this feature) - Shut off the car and the break is engaged; Fire up the engine, press the accelerator and it is disengaged automatically
RBleo21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 14:44   #2708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBleo21 View Post
Many Congratulations. Compass is one of those very few cars that look awesome & premium, even in a simple (and super easy to maintain) color like White

Duster to Compass is definitely a humongous upgrade, specially in terms of interiors. For the e-break, I am sure you must have figured out (I am still putting it here, simply because I love this feature) - Shut off the car and the break is engaged; Fire up the engine, press the accelerator and it is disengaged automatically
Ohh that simple ? I am yet to figure this out . I learnt to disengage by clutch+gear plus brake ( its MT) Got home with car late last night and in calls since morning , perils of being in cloud sales . itching to go to my car and explore . Hopefully in couple of hours.
Old 3rd September 2021, 16:02   #2709
BHPian

All, just wanted to check on the reliability of the DCT gearbox of Compass. DCT are quite notorious, I have enquired about the same on other thread discussing DCT gearboxes, but I have not received any response.

I am torn between petrol and diesel AT. However, neither my limited running nor lack of offroading, justifies buying diesel, the only reason I am considering it is because it has a TC gearbox.
Old 3rd September 2021, 16:26   #2710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
What kind of in city (assuming traffic) fuel efficiency are diesel A/T owners reporting for the new Compass?

A friend of mine bought it and he said he was getting about 6 kmpl in Mumbai traffic and he was informed that it will likely improve after first service. 6 is really low I feel in today’s day and age even if it’s diesel.

Thank you.
Yes. On bumper to bumper traffic daily city driving, I get around 6.5-6.8 kmpl. With better traffic conditions, efficiency increases to around 7.5 kmpl, whereas on my limited sprints on highways I have got 10-11kmpl. Above figures are from MID. My 1st service is due in November 2021.
Bineet_D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 20:33   #2711

The Trailhawk variant is being tested in Ladakh!

https://www-cartoq-com.cdn.ampprojec...KAGwASCAAgM%3D
arnab_bsp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 18:13   #2712
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ohh that simple ? I am yet to figure this out . I learnt to disengage by clutch+gear plus brake ( its MT) Got home with car late last night and in calls since morning , perils of being in cloud sales . itching to go to my car and explore . Hopefully in couple of hours.
You can disengage by just pressing the brake + pulling up the hand brake latch. And if you are not comfortable with the auto braking, you can turn off this option.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 21:48   #2713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

Thank you.
I am getting 10-11 in kolkata city traffic and the best that I have gotten till date is 15 on the kolkata delhi highway.
indrokneel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 22:34   #2714
BHPian

Took a TD of Jeep Compass diesel manual today and was thinking about actively considering it as the next car. Overall came satisfied, except for the stalling in second gear, I was not expecting the 2 litre torquey engine to stall in second gear, especially coming from Skoda Rapid diesel, where I used 2nd and 3rd gear like an automatic with minimal AP input and no riding on clutch. The torquey 1.5 tai in rapid just keeps moving forward even at crawling speeds in 2nd gear unless on very steep incline at very slow speeds which warrants a shift to first gear. It may be a matter of getting adjusted to, but slowing down at speed bumps or while climbing inclines, the stalling feeling means that you end up shifting gears too much.
@car FANATICUS let me know how you feel/felt about the second gear drive/stall

On a different note I din't like the diesel AT as it felt sluggish and dint not feel exciting to drive an pricey as well.
Old 5th September 2021, 00:49   #2715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
Overall came satisfied, except for the stalling in second gear, I was not expecting the 2 litre torquey engine to stall in second gear, especially coming from Skoda Rapid diesel, where I used 2nd and 3rd gear like an automatic with minimal AP input and no riding on clutch.
Don’t think engine stalling has anything to do with the engine torque, but it’s more of gear ratios and power delivery. Even Octavia diesel stall suddenly on second gear when you try to take speed breaker. And this was one point called out in Octavia previous gen team bhp review too. So it’s just getting used to and dropping to 1st gear when the situation demands.
Though ECU remap have changed this behaviour totally.

Last edited by sunikkat : 5th September 2021 at 00:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks