Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2021, 12:05   #2821
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Guys, I have a query. I booked the Compass 2 days back and the dealer said that my spec (Black 4X4 Limited O) is readily available with them. The issue is, Kolkata was subject to some crazy rainfall over the last few weeks, so how do I ensure that the car was not standing in the water all this time? My SA assured me that the car arrived this week only so there is no question of flooding. Need help!
Old 7th October 2021, 13:49   #2822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys, I have a query. I booked the Compass 2 days back and the dealer said that my spec (Black 4X4 Limited O) is readily available with them. The issue is, Kolkata was subject to some crazy rainfall over the last few weeks, so how do I ensure that the car was not standing in the water all this time? My SA assured me that the car arrived this week only so there is no question of flooding. Need help!
It is quite easy to trace the dispatch of vehicles. Just ask your SA to show the factory dispatch date for this particular vehicle (Using the VIN) from the dealer login in FCA system.
Quoter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 14:24   #2823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoter View Post
It is quite easy to trace the dispatch of vehicles. Just ask your SA to show the factory dispatch date for this particular vehicle (Using the VIN) from the dealer login in FCA system.
Great, I will do that.

Meanwhile our RTO is closed till 25 Oct due to Durga Puja. Long wait awaits.
Old 7th October 2021, 14:27   #2824
BHPian

Quote:
Recent Compass buyers - how much did you guys pay for the OEM mats (floor and boot) and mud flaps? The dealership is quoting around INR 13K for the same.
You should try to get the essential kit (Mats including boot mat, mud guards, car cover) for free, especially considering you are going with their existing stock at yard gives you better edge for bargaining. Push your SA a bit & he will budge, dealers have a handsome margin on the compass. I got mine free as part of the deal last month.

Last edited by suhas_raj : 7th October 2021 at 14:33.
suhas_raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 15:16   #2825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
You should try to get the essential kit (Mats including boot mat, mud guards, car cover) for free, especially considering you are going with their existing stock at yard gives you better edge for bargaining. Push your SA a bit & he will budge, dealers have a handsome margin on the compass. I got mine free as part of the deal last month.
Did you also get the Handling charges removed? I am pushing for it so let’s see. I will try and get the accessories kit free.
Old 7th October 2021, 16:14   #2826
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Suhas, do you have bangalore price list Handy by any chance, wanted to check how much is the current OTR prices for different models.
Old 7th October 2021, 17:08   #2827
BHPian

Quote:
Did you also get the Handling charges removed? I am pushing for it so let’s see. I will try and get the accessories kit free.
Yes, Good luck negotiating

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Hey Suhas, do you have bangalore price list Handy by any chance, wanted to check how much is the current OTR prices for different models.
I suppose the prices have changed since the last month with Model S(02) launch, don’t have the latest one. I was told by my SA that the prices will increase across all variants in October in line with what other manufacturers are doing, not sure if it did. I can share the contact of my SA if you’d like, had a good experience with him. Let me know.
suhas_raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 17:38   #2828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Good luck negotiating

I suppose the prices have changed since the last month with Model S(02) launch, don’t have the latest one. I was told by my SA that the prices will increase across all variants in October in line with what other manufacturers are doing, not sure if it did. I can share the contact of my SA if you’d like, had a good experience with him. Let me know.
Sure that would be great, I will probably pay them a visit next week also, so I can talk to him as well. Thanks!
Old 7th October 2021, 18:48   #2829
BHPian

Yes, prices have increased wef October1. Rs. 10k on the Sport and Longitude variants and 20k on the higher variants.
The website has the updated ex-showroom prices.
Old 7th October 2021, 20:07   #2830
BHPian

Long time Jeepers (brownie points if you're in namma Bengaluru), quick question:

TL;DR How is the long-term reliability of DDCT?

My friend is moving to Bangalore next month and he is looking to buy a new car with `KA` number plate. After shortlisting and test driving a lot of vehicles, he has zeroed in on Jeep Compass 1.4 Limited (O). We loved everything about the car, especially its new and improved interiors. The only major con was the dual-clutch. Assuming a monthly run of 400 Km predominantly in the city, would the transmission cause any major concerns? I've skimmed through Jeep compass threads and couldn't spot any transmission failure posts. But then, the number of Jeep owners are limited(pun intended) and so I want to make absolutely sure before I give the green light to his car purchase (I'm sort of his car advisor like a true BHPian).
Old 10th October 2021, 12:11   #2831
BHPian

Jeep Compass : Should we wait for Year end.

Hello BHPians,

I am looking for buying a Jeep Compass 1.4 DCT - Limited , by Oct end/ Nov.
I am confused if I will miss any big offers for December ( though its unlikely Jeep will offer discounts like 2020 ). The sales guy keep saying there won't be much offers, as Jeep is likely to cut short production in Nov & Dec.

Since I am looking for a petrol Automatic SUV that's high on safety and will hold on for 10 years ( barring any unfortunate incidents ), I finalized on Compass ( and yes, i can live with that initial lag below 2500 ).

Now, another aspect that adds to the confusion is Tiguan 5 seater launch. Any clue if it will be in same price range ( I can't stretch beyond 31 lakhs ). And I haven't read any DCT issues with Jeep, but too many discussions on DSG issues out there ( if I am to count on for 10 year reliability ). I guess, I can't burn my head too much on 10 year reliability on Jeep as well, as Americans are notorious for exiting markets where sales are low ( I feel VW is reliable that way ).

Any thoughts?
Old 10th October 2021, 13:12   #2832
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Should we wait for Year end.

There are several caveats which come associated with year-end discount hunting.

- No certainty of Variant/Color
- Slight reduction in resale value
- No certainty in the amount of discount either, resulting in un-necessary time loss.
Old 10th October 2021, 17:14   #2833
BHPian

Got my Jeep Compass S MT (O2) delivered last week. The car has completed 750 Kms so far and the drive has been completely smooth so far. Sharing some pics of the PDI inspection at the stockyard in Pune

Regards,
Abhishek
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_1388.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_1386.jpg  

AbhishekMushran is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 18:52   #2834
BHPian

Guys, need some help here. My usage is 2-3k kms a month (sometimes more). It includes all types of roads India has to throw at us. It is mostly me driving or me sitting shotgun. Also, occasional touring/travelling to hills is included. So, 90% of the times, only the front two seats will be used.

Considering from a mile munching POV, how is Compass compared to Innova in terms of comfort, reliability, driving pleasure and ability to eat up all types of roads? I have a tendency of travelling non stop for say 400-500 kms, then take a 10-15 mins break and continue.

I am considering only Model S D AT for Jeep and ZX D AT for Innova.
Old 11th October 2021, 21:00   #2835

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
Got my Jeep Compass S MT (O2) delivered last week. The car has completed 750 Kms so far and the drive has been completely smooth so far. Sharing some pics of the PDI inspection at the stockyard in Pune

Regards,
Abhishek
Congratulations Abhishek !!! Nice color.
Arvind_Alloli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks