Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2021, 10:57   #2956
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Finally, got the car I always wanted. A Jeep Compass. Delivery was quick and smooth. I reached the showroom 30min late so had to wait for one more family to complete their delivery process. Till then they parked my car inside the showroom so had ample time to sit, touch and feel the car.

No formal 'unveiling' as I had already seen the car. Just the normal photo session with the Jeep Life placard and we were off. Few observations:

1. The instrument cluster stays on for sometime after I switch off the car and walk off. I thought this was a problem in the initial batches and was sorted with a software update. But my August make car has it.

2. Several buttons, touch points dont work when I touch/press them the first time. For example, right after I get down from the car, if I want to lock it using the request sensor on the door handle, it may or may not lock. Happens 5 out of 10 times. Another one, the touch screening is sharp but when I press a tile to call, the screen does not respond the first time.

3. The slush mats are not available 'yet'. I have already paid for them. The dealership said it will come by month end till them my brand new carpet will get completely soiled.

4. When I switch on the car, the music starts playing but the screen does not switch on. Is this normal?

5. At the time of delivery, the paint already had very faint scratches on the bonnet. No plans for PPF but maybe a ceramic coat in a few months.

Overall, really happy with the car. The gear shifts are not what they are made out to be. It took me less than 1 hour to get used to it. The ride quality is amazing with the correct air pressure.

Now, onto the next goal - making the Zanskar trip happen. I literally bought this car for Zanskar. Lets hope I get to do the trip mid-next year.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-8787e682fb794c24a2fdfbbbf528d174.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-4cde27fb19a04a538fc1988a343245e1.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-b0ec2498a36c437797d52032aae01c7b.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-ebba40abc0774967b8ef9413586964f8.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-0db13c034a5d4b5298d4af771b61268d.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-61a1fece0b3b4aba851e830e1173a6a9.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-724f32471db24dee9b02874e782ba7d9.jpeg  

Last edited by Pancham : 8th November 2021 at 11:10.
Pancham is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 11:06   #2957

Need recommendation for good quality boot mat- online or store pick up in Bangalore.

TIA
Old 8th November 2021, 12:20   #2958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
From where are you getting the ratting noise ? I thought that issue was resolved post July.
From passenger side and co-passenger side B pillar, near co-passenger seat and glove box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
Has anyone of you all received a letter or any mail confirmation on the extended warranty ? I had bought the car last month and have not received anything so far
It was received the next day of my delivery through WhatsApp shared by a sales representative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermiler View Post
Took delivery by 7th Aug and got the extended warranty certificate via whatsapp by 10th Aug. Got the same by e-mail as well.
Is there any signature from Mopar in the extended warranty program? Mine does not have any signature, and the vehicle model is listed as 4x4 instead of 4x2.
Abhisheksinh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 14:41   #2959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Finally, got the car I always wanted. A Jeep Compass. Delivery was quick and smooth.
Congratulation.

Quote:
1. The instrument cluster stays on for sometime after I switch off the car and walk off. I thought this was a problem in the initial batches and was sorted with a software update. But my August make car has it.

2. Several buttons, touch points dont work when I touch/press them the first time. For example, right after I get down from the car, if I want to lock it using the request sensor on the door handle, it may or may not lock. Happens 5 out of 10 times. Another one, the touch screening is sharp but when I press a tile to call, the screen does not respond the first time.
Noticed the same for MID. The car does not lock sometimes when we push the 'black' switch on the door handles.

Quote:
3. The slush mats are not available 'yet'. I have already paid for them. The dealership said it will come by month end till them my brand new carpet will get completely soiled.
Wasn't the slush mat covered under the essential kit?
Old 8th November 2021, 16:06   #2960
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, got the car I always wanted. A Jeep Compass.
Congratulations Pancham on finally getting the Jeep Compass. Waiting for an ownership review, probably after your Zanskar trip
Hopefully, next year I'll also get the car "I always wanted".
rAijin_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 16:44   #2961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhisheksinh View Post
Is there any signature from Mopar in the extended warranty program? Mine does not have any signature, and the vehicle model is listed as 4x4 instead of 4x2.
Mine does not have any sig. But the certificate coverage is from 2024 - 2026. I had opted for the extended warranty (total of 5 years). I think you do not get a separate warranty certificate for the first 3 years as it is there by default.
Old 8th November 2021, 18:05   #2962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhisheksinh View Post
Congratulation.
Wasn't the slush mat covered under the essential kit?
I did not buy the essential kit. I got these separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
Congratulations Pancham on finally getting the Jeep Compass. Waiting for an ownership review, probably after your Zanskar trip
Hopefully, next year I'll also get the car "I always wanted".
Ah, then the ownership report will have to wait till mid-next year.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 20:21   #2963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally, got the car I always wanted. A Jeep Compass. Delivery was quick and smooth. I reached the showroom 30min late so had to wait for one more family to complete their delivery process.
Pancham Da, congratulations on the Compass! Great to see you finally get one. Eagerly waiting for the ownership review.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 22:41   #2964
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, got the car I always wanted. A Jeep Compass. Delivery was quick and smooth. I reached the showroom 30min late so had to wait for one more family to complete their delivery process. Till then they parked my car inside the showroom so had ample time to sit, touch and feel the car.
Congratulations Pancham. Wishing you all the best for many miles ahead

Last edited by ampere : 12th November 2021 at 09:54. Reason: Fixed quote tags
AbhishekMushran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 00:48   #2965

Quote:
Congratulation Pancham. Wishing you Happy JEEPing

I got delivered my Black Beauty on 30th Oct and a detailed writeup is overdue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklitex View Post
Hi Arvind, what mileage have you been getting so far?
Haven't driven much and not sure about the mileage. However, I guess in must be around 6-8 kmpl, as I am getting used to AT. ( My earlier all vehicles were MT).

Last edited by Aditya : 9th November 2021 at 06:09. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Arvind_Alloli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 10:50   #2966
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Pancham on getting the Jeep Compass. After a long research across multiple segments, you got what you wanted Wishing you many many happy and safe miles in this beauty.
Also, best of luck for your Zanskar trip.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 10:52   #2967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaroopblr View Post

The journey to get the car I always wanted...

thanks for the details and reasons why you bought your Jeep. Congratulations and wishing you years and miles of trouble-free driving.
Will catch up with you one of these days.

Last edited by vb-saan : 9th November 2021 at 11:43. Reason: For ease of reading, please do not quote the whole post. Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 11:36   #2968
BHPian

Jeep Dealerships claim to have received a letter from Jeep India stating possible price hike of up to 3% on Jeep models, effective 1 December 2021.
Genuine hike or only to make buyers rush and not wait for probable December discounts?
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot_202111111131192.jpg  

Old 11th November 2021, 11:48   #2969
BHPian

In general, is it possible to negotiate and endorse in writing from dealer that whatever agreed is final and you are not required to pay extra in case of price rise due to the delay/waiting period?
The price is fixed for all other commodities, including houses, flats and all other big-ticket items. I do not understand why the discrepancy here.
Old 11th November 2021, 12:51   #2970
Senior - BHPian

https://www.carblogindia.com/2021-je...eqQhmrJAgPk_fw

This is my ongoing saga

https://www.carblogindia.com/lawyer-...-issues-court/

(update to my saga)

https://www.carblogindia.com/jeep-co...ce-experience/
Another unfortunate owner facing the same issue.

It seems there is an inherent defect in the updated model. a lot of owners have reached out to me over FB to initiate legal proceedings against Jeep. As soon as we have the requisite numbers we are taking FCA to court and will make them pay dearly for selling a defective product.

I urge prospective owners of the Compass to insist on a long (100 kms plus) test drive of the car they are allotted before accepting delivery. these rattles are showing up in the initial 100 kms only and Jeep is washing its hands off it.

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 11th November 2021 at 12:52.
himanshugoswami is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed