Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2022, 18:59   #3196
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Congratulations to all the new Compass owners on the forum. Saw quite a few delivery messages of late.
I am myself considering the Compass. In this regard, recent buyers from Bangalore, would you be ok with answering a few questions regarding the dealers and some general queries? Thanks in anticipation.

Mod Note: Post edited Please discuss matters on the public forum for the benefit of other BHPians.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th January 2022 at 05:32. Reason: See mod note
yosbert is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 19:05   #3197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Congratulations to all the new Compass owners on the forum. Saw quite a few delivery messages of late.
I am myself considering the Compass. In this regard, recent buyers from Bangalore, would you be ok with answering a few questions regarding the dealers and some general queries? Thanks in anticipation.
Happy to address your queries, if i know the answer to them

Last edited by Aditya : 13th January 2022 at 05:33. Reason: Quoted post edited
redballons is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 21:07   #3198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballons View Post
Congratulations !, wishing you many happy miles , happy jeeping

Thanks, redballons.

Quote:
Sure, happy to share my experience.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th January 2022 at 05:33. Reason: Quoted post edited
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 21:29   #3199
BHPian

Hi all, I purchased my compass 1.4 DCT limited in the last week of Nov 2021. I had opted for extended warranty on purchase, but I haven't received any documents on that. Is there a way to check the warranty status and expiry date somewhere online? When I spoke to the SA, he said I will get an email with the warranty details. So far no emails came regarding that. What's your experience?
Old 12th January 2022, 23:09   #3200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enj0y_ride View Post
Hi all, I purchased my compass 1.4 DCT limited in the last week of Nov 2021. I had opted for extended warranty on purchase, but I haven't received any documents on that. Is there a way to check the warranty status and expiry date somewhere online? When I spoke to the SA, he said I will get an email with the warranty details. So far no emails came regarding that. What's your experience?
I got the warranty document on email and whatsapp from my service advisor. You can also call up a Jeep service center and verify if you have extended warranty.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 21:09   #3201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki9009 View Post
Has anyone faced this kind of issue? Will there be any effect on engine if I use the lower priced one? Will my warranty really get void as the SA says?
To continue my ongoing issues for the above incident, future genarali (horrible insurer never take them) is denying to replace my tire which has a sidewall tear as they do not correlate with the accident!. I have the Bridgestone 225/55 R18 as stock. Anyone from Bangalore knows of a good tire shop selling a replacement?

Can i repair and reuse the tires? is this even a possibility?

Note from Support: Quote trimmed. Please quote only relevant sections of posts. Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 13th January 2022 at 21:14. Reason: See note.
Old 14th January 2022, 00:12   #3202
BHPian

Quote:
Mod Note: Post edited Please discuss matters on the public forum for the benefit of other BHPians.
I wanted to take this offline as I thought this might involve a lot of Bangalore specific questions which may not interest the general audience. Mods, please move this to someplace else if you think this is not the right thread to discuss this.

Nevertheless, I was considering buying Jeep Compass and had the following queries regarding the same.
1. Which dealer between KHT Prime and MPS/PPS Motors did you buy the car from? Did you consider both the Jeep dealers in Bangalore (KHT and PPS)? Any specific reasons for choosing one over the other?
2. How was your overall dealership experience? If you had to do this all over again, will you still buy from the same dealer? Any specific salesperson you would recommend?
3. Coming to the pricing, did you get any discounts at all for the car? How hard did you need to negotiate for this?
4. Did the dealer match external insurance quote and what about the handling charges?
5. Was the dealer accommodative of any special requests you had? How was the PDI process?
6. Anything else to keep in mind while approaching the dealer?
7. Finally, what were the alternatives you considered before zeroing in on Compass?

Thanks in anticipation of your answers.
Old 14th January 2022, 10:58   #3203
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone from Bangalore knows of a good tire shop selling a replacement?

Sorry about your ordeal. I had a similar situation of side wall cut with Michelin XM2 on Fiesta. I was advised against any repair and had to shell out more for only 1 tyre. Michelin did not provide any discounts even on pro rata usage of tyre.

You can contact Madhu's Tyres, Wilson garden/Tyre professionals,Basavangudi/Sai Iyengar, Indiranagar. I regularly get balancing/alignment done from them

Quote:
Nevertheless, I was considering buying Jeep Compass and had the following queries regarding the same.
1. Which dealer between KHT Prime and MPS/PPS Motors did you buy the car from? Did you consider both the Jeep dealers in Bangalore (KHT and PPS)? Any specific reasons for choosing one over the other?
I bought from PPS JP nagar. I had approached both KHT/PPS previously and everytime PPS was always responsive than KHT. KHT didnt even bother for follow ups or test drives.

Quote:
2. How was your overall dealership experience? If you had to do this all over again, will you still buy from the same dealer? Any specific salesperson you would recommend?
The SA and his manager were very accommodative of any queries/requests. I would anyday buy from PPS again. You can contact Mr. Kiran/Mr.Saleem.

Quote:
3. Coming to the pricing, did you get any discounts at all for the car? How hard did you need to negotiate for this?
I was offered the standard discounts, did not had to haggle.

Quote:
4. Did the dealer match external insurance quote and what about the handling charges?
I was given choice to buy insurance from outside from beginning. In the end they gave better quote for same coverage.

Quote:
5. Was the dealer accommodative of any special requests you had? How was the PDI process?
I was pushing for delivery on 31st Dec but finally went to 5th Jan. I had requested for atleast pooja on 31st to which they readily agreed. Went to their yard in Electronics city, they had cleaned the car, did pooja and also took a short drive within the yard. If you request for PDI, they will allow. I spent little shy of 2hours and SA was present whole time to clear my queries.

Quote:
6. Anything else to keep in mind while approaching the dealer?
Guess the points are well covered here.

Quote:
7. Finally, what were the alternatives you considered before zeroing in on Compass?
It was always one and only Compass.

Hope this helps.
bullitt1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 01:45   #3204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To continue my ongoing issues for the above incident, future genarali (horrible insurer never take them) is denying to replace my tire which has a sidewall tear as they do not correlate with the accident!. I have the Bridgestone 225/55 R18 as stock. Anyone from Bangalore knows of a good tire shop selling a replacement?

Note from Support: Quote trimmed. Please quote only relevant sections of posts. Thanks!
Just get a good tyreshop to repair the tyre by putting a tube in it. I had it done on mine as I didnt want to throw it away since it had only run 5k kms. It worked just like usual even with me doing multiple interstate trips and hitting insane triple digit speeds that I cringe at now. Mine lasted for about 48k kms after the repair before going bald with no issues and I then splurged on some expensive michelins.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 10:59   #3205
Senior - BHPian

This Jeep Life app is still a mystery. Contrary to what my SA told me it seems the car does come with SIM car with an active connection.

My society car cleaner Mintu ji called me just now to let me know that painting work has started in my building and the car needs to be moved. Unless I want some fancy artwork in my car. (Its a brand new black Limited Option btw).
So what is the problem? - The problem is that I am not in town and I will not be back till mid-Feb. And I did not leave the keys with anyone there. I took 10 milliseconds to imagine me flying down to move me car 100 feet to save it from the art work. Doable.

But then, I had a car cover in the boot which I had purchased before leaving but I did not put it on before leaving for reasons 'known' to me (that story is for another post).

Seeing no option here, I swiftly opened the Jeep Life app and pressed the unlock button and guess what? the car sitting 1500 kms away unlocked in exactly 2 seconds. Well, coming from a 2011 Hyundai, this was really fascinating.

Mintu ji took the cover out. Closed the boot. I pressed lock. He confirmed. Work done. Good job Jeep.

Last edited by Pancham : 15th January 2022 at 11:06.
Pancham is offline   (60) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 18:04   #3206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballons View Post
Happy to address your queries, if i know the answer to them
Please let me know if we can expect any discounts in the March-Apr time frame for Longitude version. I recently checked out the sport petrol automatic at KHT. Any feedback regarding the service by this dealer will be appreciated. I live in Indiranagar and hence this dealer is pretty near to my place.
Old 15th January 2022, 19:41   #3207
BHPian

It's time to replace my Ford Endeavour 3.2 (unfortunately a very hard car to replace but as per Company car policy time to go for new Car) and one of the alternatives I am considering is the new model S launched in 2021.

I went through the thread and I am fairly clear about all the pros of this Car but wanted to get expert's opinion on the following:
1) 2021 model does seem to have rattling issues . Is there any update on this and is it fixed for the unfortunate owners who had to face this issue?
2) One main con is Car is compact width wise and would be more pronounced for someone like me coming from Ford Endeavour. But would 3 medium built adults (5.3 height and lean build) be able to sit comfortably in rear seat over long trips?
3) Does the rear seat recline in 2021 model?
Old 15th January 2022, 20:07   #3208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
I went through the thread and I am fairly clear about all the pros of this Car but wanted to get expert's opinion on the following:
1) 2021 model does seem to have rattling issues . Is there any update on this and is it fixed for the unfortunate owners who had to face this issue?
I am also very interested in this particular rattling issue especially since I have recently seen a few horror stories on Youtube involving the Model S variant. It seems that even the Jeep Club forum on Facebook has a lot of these complaints - I have not verified as the group is private.

Jeep Compass had all the bells and whistles to be the complete compact SUV but rattling issues on a 30L+ car is unforgivable. What makes this worse is that there has not been any news about permanent fixes from Jeep.
Old 15th January 2022, 20:57   #3209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangaloreguy View Post
Please let me know if we can expect any discounts in the March-Apr time frame for Longitude version.
Hard to predict, but depends on how well you can negotiate. In Dec '21 , for Longitude version there were decent discounts around 1.5L i think. Best to wait till last week of the month and then try hard to negotiate.

Quote:
I recently checked out the sport petrol automatic at KHT. Any feedback regarding the service by this dealer will be appreciated. I live in Indiranagar and hence this dealer is pretty near to my place.
i have not interacted with KHT, infact i expressed my interest for a test drive back in Oct '21, till date i have not get a response. May be other Jeepers who are dealing with KHT on a regular basis can share their experience
Old 15th January 2022, 21:07   #3210
BHPian

Quote:

From what i have heard from other long term owners, it does exist ( for those who don't , they are lucky ). On smooth roads, i don't think there are any rattling issues, but on not so good roads, yes minor rattling issues exist. I don't have it yet, but looking at many reviews, am prepared to accept it. With music on, you won't notice it

Quote:
2) One main con is Car is compact width wise and would be more pronounced for someone like me coming from Ford Endeavour. But would 3 medium built adults (5.3 height and lean build) be able to sit comfortably in rear seat over long trips?
I don't think so it would be an issue for not so tall and lean occupants. The middle portion of the portion is a wee bit curved, but good thing is back floor does not have a big hump like Skoda. Take a long test drive 1hr + and then decide.

Quote:
3) Does the rear seat recline in 2021 model?
No, it does not.
redballons is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks