Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2022, 22:16   #3436
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys,

One query regarding the Hill-Start Assist functionality - being new to the Compass I found it a bit intrusive on a couple of occasions today. When starting off from inclines, it feels as if the brakes are resisting you for a second or two and then releases suddenly causing all the build-up torque to surge forward. I can understand the functionality, but a couple of times I felt it alarmed me more than it helped.

Anyone else feeling the same? Or am I doing something wrong?

Car in question is a Limited(o) Diesel MT.
While i have the S MT i too had the same feeling for the first one week. Post that i got used to the throttle release and dont face that issue any longer
AbhishekMushran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 22:49   #3437
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
While i have the S MT i too had the same feeling for the first one week. Post that i got used to the throttle release and dont face that issue any longer
Thank you.

Will try if for a week or two, and disable it in the worst case scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I wanted to share that the Sales person mentioned the Limited (O) variant will now also come with TPMS from the upcoming batch which is next month onwards
My Limited(o) has TPMS and shows the pressure on individual wheels. Was surprised to see this initially because it was mentioned as a feature of the Model-S only as the brochure.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 00:24   #3438
Senior - BHPian

Is there a cigarette lighter outlet in the boot of the new Jeep Compass. Can someone please post a picture. I have 2020 Limited Plus and I don’t have this.

Would like to get it retrofitted if it has now started to come as standard in the newer Jeep Compass variants.
Old 3rd April 2022, 06:46   #3439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.

Will try if for a week or two, and disable it in the worst case scenario.

My Limited(o) has TPMS and shows the pressure on individual wheels. Was surprised to see this initially because it was mentioned as a feature of the Model-S only as the brochure.
Yay!

So happy to see you have joined the Jeep Club. Congratulations. So is TPMS the only new update or are there other new features as well?
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 07:36   #3440
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Yay!

So happy to see you have joined the Jeep Club. Congratulations. So is TPMS the only new update or are there other new features as well?
Thank you!

I could avoid the waiting period frustration by reading through all the reviews on the forum, including multiple sneak-peaks at your Black Limited(o) AT 4*4 review, which came at the exact right time for me. Wanted a Compass for the longest time (Infact, mine was the first comment on this thread too! ), and I'm glad things worked out in the end. 'Full send' did inspire!

TPMS is the only update that I noticed. Was not pointed out by the sales guys too, may be they are not aware of it themselves.

Some pictures of my Compass Limited(o) Diesel MT in Galaxy Blue, and the delivery event yesterday -

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220402_113315-1.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220402_113426.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220403_072722.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220402_140921.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220402_214832.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220402_214853.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220402_155510.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd April 2022 at 07:40.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (59) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 08:15   #3441
BHPian

Hope many would have seen this video. Someone crazy just tried to show off their off road skills on Compass . I thought it was in India . Apprarantly, it's somewhere in South America.
enj0y_ride is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 12:35   #3442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enj0y_ride View Post
Hope many would have seen this video. Someone crazy just tried to show off their off road skills on Compass . I thought it was in India . Apprarantly, it's somewhere in South America.
Yeah seen this. Someone thought "Aaj kuchh toofani karte hain" (Let's do something wild today!).
Old 3rd April 2022, 13:15   #3443
BHPian

Quote:

TPMS is the only update that I noticed. Was not pointed out by the sales guys too, may be they are not aware of it themselves.
Hey what month manufacture is your car. I have just booked a limited petrol automatic in green. It's a February 2022 manufacture, just wanted to know, maybe my car would have it too. Will be getting the delivery in a week.
Old 3rd April 2022, 13:15   #3444
BHPian

Quote:

TPMS is the only update that I noticed.

Some pictures of my Compass Limited(o) Diesel MT in Galaxy Blue, and the delivery event yesterday -
Wow! Congratulations CrAzY dRiVeR! Welcome to the club #JeepLife!

Couple of months back I was in the same position as yours! Followed you through the Taigun thread (tbh, from owning 2 VAG cars in the family, the 2.0 VAG cars are a disappointment) and your views on it left me with no choice but to stretch and go for the Compass D-MT Limited in December (before price hike)!! It's such a huge step up in quality from VAG cars! I've done just over 7k till now - the beast rides like a dream - you'll love every bit of it! Wish you the best!

Also, I was wondering whether I could add the TMPS feature without voiding any warranties?
AshwinRS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 16:30   #3445

Hi all.

Firstly, thanks for accepting our membership.

Recently bought Jeep Compass, Diesel M/T, in Limited trim and did my first road trip. Started from Chandigarh where I took the delivery of the vehicle and then went to Kalimpong, West Bengal (my current place of stay) via Amritsar to Rudrapur (Uttarakhand) to Gwalior (Bhopal) then Jhabua (MP), Pune, Goa, back to Pune to Nagpur to Sambalpur to Jamshedpur to Siliguri and finally Kalimpong.

7000 kms covered in the first month. Great ride, loving memories and lot of fun driving and living the Jeep life.

Last edited by Axe77 : 3rd April 2022 at 18:50. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Post required heavy editing for language, formatting and grammar.
Tipsy rovers is offline   (10) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 3rd April 2022, 19:18   #3446
BHPian

One feature I dearly miss from my Skoda Yeti. With Yeti, each time I started Yeti’s engine it used to start the time counter and stop the counter when engine stops. Essentially it was a today’s trip meters and over 10 years of my ownership, I was very used to glancing at this counter when I reached my destination to know how much time I took to get there. This was not a part of trip A/B things most cars have. This counter rest itself when Yeti stopped for 2.5 hrs.

I don’t see any way to get this in Jeep. Is there?

Yes, I know every car is different and this expectation is not really right but just wanted to try my luck if anybody knows how I could simulate the same?
Old 3rd April 2022, 21:59   #3447
Team-BHP Support

Visited Arun Josie's home territory for a half-day, impromptu drive today. A casual pic from our usual pitstop -

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220403_163632.jpg

Loving the experience - feels like a big upgrade from the Punto on every parameter, except one. And that would be the absence of rattles. I'm hearing a faint rattle from somewhere near the gear shifter area - a shame for such a well-built car. Anyways, not bothersome for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
Hey what month manufacture is your car. I have just booked a limited petrol automatic in green. It's a February 2022 manufacture, just wanted to know, maybe my car would have it too. Will be getting the delivery in a week.
Mine is March 2022 make, VIN ending with *3N. Not sure from when this feature is enabled though! Will try to check with the SA tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwinRS View Post
Wow! Congratulations CrAzY dRiVeR! Welcome to the club #JeepLife!

Also, I was wondering whether I could add the TMPS feature without voiding any warranties?
Thank you. Glad you are enjoying the experience.

Not sure about adding the feature, will need to check with service guys on that. This is the TPMS screen -

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220403_091948.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 22:29   #3448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwinRS View Post

You can install Sensairy TPMS.

Quote:
Visited Arun Josie's home territory for a half-day, impromptu drive today. A casual pic from our usual pitstop -
Nice. So, you went to Kanyakumari? If so, share some beach pics :-)

Quote:
Loving the experience - feels like a big upgrade from the Punto on every parameter, except one. And that would be the absence of rattles. I'm hearing a faint rattle from somewhere near the gear shifter area - a shame for such a well-built car. Anyways, not bothersome for now.
Definitely a big upgrade from Punto.

Yes, rattling issues are something which these guys should look in to. 2022 Manufactured Jeeps comes with many fixes though.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 23:10   #3449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
You can install Sensairy TPMS.
I'd say try something else than Sensairy. I've been using for 2 of my cars for the past 4+ years and there has been several occasions when sensors failed. Had even replaced 2 of these. Currently, out of 10 sensors, 2 have been replaced, 4 are not working (probably dead) and since Prabhu has left the customer support team, I'd say try something else.

Why not try Treel by JK Tyre? Just saw it online today and it says it comes with replacement warranty of 5 years. It's cheaper too.
Old 4th April 2022, 07:20   #3450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
I'd say try something else than Sensairy. I've been using for 2 of my cars for the past 4+ years and there has been several occasions when sensors failed. Had even replaced 2 of these. Currently, out of 10 sensors, 2 have been replaced, 4 are not working (probably dead) and since Prabhu has left the customer support team, I'd say try something else.
Ok. I got this installed 2 years and back and so far they are working fine without any issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks