Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2022, 20:52   #3556
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Is the rattle problem only found in the post-facelift models? My Compass is 4 years old and till now not a single rattle anywhere. In fact the dashboard and all interior plastics feel well put together.

Other than the ABS sensors going kaput (all four replaced now under warranty) and a battery change (again under warranty), the car has been touchwood.

ps: This is by no means a stellar feat as my previous car - the Ecosport - had absolute zero issues in the 6 years it was with me. Never ever had I visited the service center except for yearly service.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 21:11   #3557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Is the rattle problem only found in the post-facelift models? My Compass is 4 years old and till now not a single rattle anywhere. In fact the dashboard and all interior plastics feel well put together.
There were reports of rattles from earlier models as well.
Continuing on my hypothesis can you let us know if you park in covered parking?
Old 6th May 2022, 08:11   #3558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
There were reports of rattles from earlier models as well.
Continuing on my hypothesis can you let us know if you park in covered parking?
Semi-covered. Just a soft roof above the car, not a closed parking.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 19:20   #3559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
If you can stretch for the longitude version of the compass, i would recommend it. As for the auto box, it isn't as slick as the VW/Kia DCT but it felt quite smooth for sedate city driving - I actually booked it myself. But yes, if you don't need the extra features, the manual is quite slick. I wish they offered petrol manual in higher trims. Personally I don't find the creta a car waiting 8-10 months for.

If you haven't already, I would recommend you test drive the compass auto and manual both.
I drive a Safari Storme 2013 model. I opted for the 2x4 Vx version. After more than 10 years, climbing up and down the Storme took a toll and i wanted a slightly grounded vehicle. I zeroed in on Creta Auto as well and could not stomach the 9 month waiting period. Took the plunge with the Compass Limited Petrol automatic. This was my first automatic and i really had a challenge to unlearn and relearn. The petrol version is a sedate vehicle esp in the city. If you want to even wink at drag racing this is not it. An autorickshaw will pull faster off the gates.

Until i took it on the highway. Man - what a mile cruncher. Also, there has been some contention on its ability to overtake vehicles on the highway. I drove it from Bangalore to Bekal and trust me did not see an issue. The trip meter showed around 13km per litre. The ghats and the winding Kasargod roads were a breeze. You could feel the vehicle planted and strangely i did not feel the gearbox searching.

I have not driven the diesel trim and therefore i cannot compare both. But i do feel it is a gem of a car which needs someone like a Gandalf or a Charles Xavier as a driver !!!
subraiyr is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 22:46   #3560

My Jeep compass is ready for delivery, and upon checking the photos of the vehicle which is at the dealer, the seat cover clear plastic has been removed already.
The dealer says that this is usual practice during their PDI

Can anybody share their experience on the same.

TIA
Old 9th May 2022, 23:37   #3561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafalkon View Post
My Jeep compass is ready for delivery, and upon checking the photos of the vehicle which is at the dealer, the seat cover clear plastic has been removed already.

TIA
This might be different at each dealer level. When I took i20 last December, I had also opted for leatherette seat covers from the dealer. So they first removed the plastic cover, put the new seat covers and fitted the plastic cover on top of it (which we did not want).
But honestly as long as the seat is not soiled or any other issues, I wouldn’t be worried.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 07:54   #3562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafalkon View Post

TIA
Check the VIN and distance covered in ODO, if they are good then I don't see any issues.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 19:58   #3563
Senior - BHPian

The Jeep SA called me just now regarding Meridian information.
On the side I asked him if any changes coming to Jeep Compass in near future, he was hesistant to divulge any information at first but eventually confirmed to me that the Jeep Compass will be getting a 4x2 Diesel Auto variant in the near future, reduced on-road with no forced 4x4 cost as has been the case.
Maky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 08:36   #3564

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post

Other than the ABS sensors going kaput (all four replaced now under warranty) and a battery change (again under warranty), the car has been touchwood
The rattle problem was present from the initial models itself, like you I personally have never faced rattle issues in my car for about 4.5 years(touchwood) but I have come across a lot of owners who had rattling issues, few of them got it sorted out with steps as simple as lubrication of door hinges but many kept grumbling and living with the issue without any respite. To be honest I won't be shocked anymore to hear about rattling still present in latest models, if Jeep could sort out this issue they would have already done it by now, IMHO it is more with the QC then any design flaw.
Moto_MP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 20:23   #3565
BHPian

My sister is about to book the Limited(O) DDCT Petrol in Bangalore by the end of this week. Any idea how much discount we can expect on the ex-showroom price? If anyone has picked this configuration recently and can comment, it would be of great help. Thanks in advance.
Old 11th May 2022, 21:23   #3566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
My sister is about to book the Limited(O) DDCT Petrol in Bangalore by the end of this week. Any idea how much discount we can expect on the ex-showroom price? If anyone has picked this configuration recently and can comment, it would be of great help. Thanks in advance.
Getting one this weekend at Gurgaon. Got insurance at market rates from Landmark Jeep and zero handling and documentation charges and another 15k over and above these.
nickoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 23:56   #3567
BHPian

I got quotes from KHT and PPS Bangalore and would be booking the vehicle tomorrow. The KHT quote is INR 30k less than PPS plus they are comitting delivery in 15 days compared to 45 days by PPS. The PPS sales advisor asked me to check the Google reviews of KHT and apparently they have been called out badly in terms of quality of accessories, delivery timeliness adherence, support post sales and not adhering to the committed price etc in multiple instances. Just wanted to check how has the experience of other BHPians been with KHT. I don't want to loose on the 30k additional benefit unless buying from KHT may pose a risk. I searched a bit but didn't find anything conclusive on the forum.
Old 15th May 2022, 08:26   #3568

I purchased a Compass S from KHT in end of Feb, Vehicle was delivered on time for the agreed price, 15K less than what the other guys quoted. The SA was very knowledgeable about the vehicle and it's competition, the only drawback was the SA never kept to his commitment if there was any questions, I needed to followup more than necessary. Overall not a bad experience buying from KTH
Anandltx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 09:17   #3569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Just wanted to check how has the experience of other BHPians been with KHT. I don't want to loose on the 30k additional benefit unless buying from KHT may pose a risk. I searched a bit but didn't find anything conclusive on the forum.
Hi Tourer, I had bought mine on July last year. Before finalising I had done test drives with both KHT and PPS and both experiences were great. I finally went ahead with PPS because they were the only ones with the 80th Anniversary edition variant available.

At that time, the prices were pretty much on par so not sure how they're now offering additional 30k discount. I am not sure if there were any recent price hikes but may be this one is probably from a older stock - you can confirm this by checking the VIN
Rookie_Jeeper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 09:46   #3570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Jeeper View Post
I am not sure if there were any recent price hikes but may be this one is probably from a older stock - you can confirm this by checking the VIN
Both will be ordering from factory post the booking. Initial quotes from both were same, this is after a few rounds of negotiations.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks