Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2022, 22:12   #3616
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
It’s the display itself. I didn’t apply any separate screen protector. Not sure if the original stereo has a screen protector itself but they would have mentioned that during the inspection itself right.
Suggest you drop a mail to Jeep. It should ideally be covered under insurance, unless there are any visible crack.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 10:41   #3617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
So my stereo display has started developing bubbles. I asked the dealer to fix it as part of warranty that I still have left (took the extended warranty) but they say this is not covered as it’s not a defect. Any thoughts on next steps?
If this is happening on the display this is a defect. Escalate the complaint before your warranty expires. Never seen this on any type of display panel ever.
hydraulicsteer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 15:02   #3618
BHPian

As a potential Jeep Compass buyer was looking for solutions to rattling noise.

Found an old video regarding the design issue which leads to the rattles.

Problem is defrost vent touches the inner dashboard lining which causes rattles, especially at higher rpms and uneven roads.

Solution is using 5mm 3M felt tape in between defrost/AC vent and the dashboard lining. It is definitely not DIY, as the dashboard console needs to be opened up.

Not sure how effective the method is. But worth a shot for owners facing such an issue.

Cheers

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th June 2022 at 11:30. Reason: Editing post as requested. Please report the post next time.
Javelin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 11:38   #3619
BHPian

I saw this post in the Jeep compass group on FB. The car was hit by a truck four times before getting pushed to the 15 to 20 feet roadside pit and all passengers walked out safely. Every accident is different but I don’t think any cars built on substandard safety norms would have survived an accident of this kind. Although Compass is not GNCAP tested yet, this makes me believe that it is well built and is likely to get 5-star GNCAP when tested.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-283806213_5202481223165384_8431172788587731086_n-1.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-285554081_5202480939832079_3774535094599631194_n.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-285194215_5202481996498640_940149773974183570_n.jpg

Name:  compass FB group.jpg
Views: 1600
Size:  156.9 KB
swoosh is offline   (84) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:01   #3620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
I saw this post in the Jeep compass group on FB.
Good to know that the occupants are safe. Few observations:

1. As the impact was at the rear, is the bonnet damage due to rollover, as the car is sideways in the pit.
2. Whats happened to sunroof, good that windshield is in place.
3. Surprising that windows are not damaged.
bullitt1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 09:48   #3621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Good to know that the occupants are safe. Few observations:

1. As the impact was at the rear, is the bonnet damage due to rollover, as the car is sideways in the pit.
2. Whats happened to sunroof, good that windshield is in place.
3. Surprising that windows are not damaged.
As for the first one, it seems the Compass went into the pit nose down and must have been flipped by the crane service to pull it out.

As for the second one, occupants must have used the sunroof to come out as the doors would have been jammed after the accident. In that process, the sunroof would have been broken.

As for the third, since it is the front and rear impact the side windows would have only received a minor shock not enough to shatter the glass.

P.S.- These are just my hypothesis based on the description and the pictures.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th June 2022 at 11:33. Reason: spacing for improved readability
AROO7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 17:28   #3622
BHPian

I have 2020 petrol AT with push start and stop button. After stopping the vehicle post a drive, is there a way to shut the engine while accessories (like radio, etc.) should continue running? If you put in the park and press the stop button, everything shuts including accessories.

I have been living with this but suddenly realised may be there is way which I am not aware of.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th June 2022 at 22:36. Reason: Spacing.
Old 5th June 2022, 22:06   #3623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantk View Post
I have been living with this but suddenly realised may be there is way which I am not aware of.
Try putting it in N and stopping the engine.
It works for my auto car

Last edited by aah78 : 9th June 2022 at 22:36. Reason: Quote trimmed. Typo.
Old 5th June 2022, 22:36   #3624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
It won’t work in the Compass. The engine doesn’t stop till you put it in P.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th June 2022 at 22:36. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 01:14   #3625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantk View Post
I have 2020 petrol AT with push start and stop button. After stopping the vehicle post a drive, is there a way to shut the engine while accessories ( like radio etc) should continue running? If you put in the park and press the stop button, everything shuts including accessories.
Usually you need to be on Park and hold down the brake to start the car by pressing the Start button. If you don't hold down the brake, and just hit start, then car should enter accessories only mode where engine is still off but your radio can play.
GreenerPlanet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 09:34   #3626

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenerPlanet View Post
Usually you need to be on Park and hold down the brake to start the car by pressing the Start button. If you don't hold down the brake, and just hit start, then car should enter accessories only mode where engine is still off but your radio can play.
I own a JC and this is accurate .

If we are stopping from a drive, then we have to switch to park, switch off and then switch on the accessories-only mode (without the brake pedal). I guess there is no other way.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th June 2022 at 11:34. Reason: spacing for improved readability
CommuteDriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 10:42   #3627
BHPian

I feel this is true of most if not all types of automatics.
Old 6th June 2022, 11:27   #3628

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
I don’t know if it’s After sales. But a bit about the product itself. Almost 7 months since I got my car. Three trips to
KHT service in Whitefield. They are just not
Able to fix the rattling noise. Check out all options before finalising. If KHT is bad you can try PPS. What if the build quality is bad? That’s one bad experience you don’t want.
Do try PPS service centra at Hosur road once. I’ve found them to be very helpful and empathetic.

Also agree that the build quality overall is poor - and that’s the root cause of all the rattles.

But PPS has helped in fixing 2 key causes of “unfixable by DIY” rattles (one from A pillar and one from B pillar) . There is one more rattle coming from Left rear door in my car which I hope to get fixed in the next visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
This is not entirely correct. I have a 2022 car and some rattles (as do some other 2022 owners)
Agreed.

Overall, I would not recommend the Jeep Compass to anyone - especially now that there are many current and upcoming alternatives to consider.

The Toyota D22; Audi, BMW & Merc facelifts or even the Virtus, Honda City Hybrid or Toyota Camry.

Jeep had a very good price-to-features and decent brand-build-quality value proposition when I bought it in late 2021. That is just not true right now.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th June 2022 at 11:34. Reason: spacing for improved readability
yamoody is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 12:13   #3629
BHPian

A quick update on my ownership of the Compass 2017 Limited 4X4.

[67000 km Update]: In March this year, I was driving from Kanpur to Delhi due to a family emergency. I always keep my car in shape for a long drive and this trip was no less. Hardly 40 km from Kanpur, I saw all dashboard light up and all check lights on. Stopped the car, and waited for 2 minutes. Started the car again, and the warnings went away except that the engine check light was on. I did not drive the car further and brought it back to Kanpur. Next morning, the car was fine (no engine checklight) and I drove it back to Lucknow. Checked with my service advisor, and he said it might be a battery loose connection. Car drove well for 2-3000 km.

[69500 km Update]: Car goes for 75000 km service in Lucknow. Service advisor is professional, and takes good care of the car. The timing kit is changed as recommended. Car comes back home. A 1000 km later, I drive to Delhi with my brother. Just near Gurgaon, same errors, same warnings. Car stopped, but did not start in 2 minutes like last time. Took a good 10 minutes to start. Landmark Jeep was 4-5 minutes away (luckily) from where the breakdown happened. With the engine check light on, reached the workshop. Car was scanned, and the error was related to alternator. The SC did a physical check up of the alternator and said it is fine, no issues take the car to Lucknow and get it checked. The family emergency I spoke of earlier was still on, and I was in transit between Delhi and Lucknow frequently. I gave the car to my brother who drove it to Lucknow without any issues. Next day, at the service center, I was informed that they would need to change the alternator. Car was in warranty and it was replaced within 8 days. I am from Lucknow but work in Ahmedabad. I drove the car to Ahmedabad from Lucknow and no issues at all.

[75680 km Update] Went to Spiti. Car performed well. On my way back, about 60 km from Jaipur, same issue. Multiple lights, dashboard warnings. Called RSA, car was picked up in no time. I was provided a cab to reach the service center in Jaipur. Car was scanned. I was not shown the exact error but was informed that the car stopped due to a sudden bad patch of road (like the car jumped in a large pothole). I was on the Delhi Jaipur highway near Jaipur which hardly has any such patch. I argued. Was told they will check the car thoroughly and let me know. 2 days later, I was told it appears to be an electrical issue but they cant figure out the exact cause. They said they might need to change the entire wiring and I told them it is still in warranty. A day later, I was asked to take the car back since they could not identify the root cause. The car was running fine after clearing the DTC and the error did not occur again.

After the incident, I got the car to Ahmedabad via transport (my family did not want me to drive it with unknown issues). The car is now in Ahmedabad. I called Jeep customer care and they did arrange a call with the service center. I have been told, that since the DTC has been cleared, they cannot diagnose the car any further. TILL it happens again. So here are my few cents:

a) The Jeep Compass is a beautiful car.
b) It is an excellent handler, excellent road manners and excellent ride quality.
c) You can take it pretty much anywhere and it will not disappoint (until it breaks down)
d) My car never rattled
e) It is NOT a reliable car. Can break down on you and leave you the mercy of untrained service professionals.
f) Stay away from this car (my experience/opinion)

Happy Driving!
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot-20220606-11.57.08-am.png  

Attached Images

acquillew is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 12:55   #3630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
it works for my auto car
As Pancham said, it does not work in Compass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
It won’t work in the Compass. The engine doesn’t stop till you put it in P.
Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenerPlanet View Post
The question was for when we stop at the end of a drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommuteDriver View Post
I own a JC and this is accurate .

If we are stopping from a drive, then we have to switch to park, switch off and then switch on the accessories-only mode (without the brake pedal). I guess there is no other way.
Right. So I think there is indeed no way. Switch off and then switch on again just to continue listening to music is a pain
sushantk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks