Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2022, 21:30   #3661
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

My last long road trip gave me a surprise by the mileage the Jeep (December 2021 D-MT Limited) gave! This was from a trip to Lucknow from Noida and back i.e., over 1000kms in two days. It went up to 22.7 for the record.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20220620_235924.jpg  

AshwinRS is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 09:28   #3662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
Jeep Compass price revision from July 1. Update received from sales team.
Thanks for the heads up.
The Jeep Sales team repeats this once in every 10 sentences spoken with any potential buyer.
This may be genuine but brought a smile! In favour of the sales talk - Last year the prices did go up multiple times.

For the Jeepers this is a clear indication that the demand is rising and Jeep can afford to pad the cost in spite of all the gloom in the economy. Which is good to know.

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd June 2022 at 10:23.
CLIX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 09:35   #3663
BHPian

It could be a ploy to help them inch towards the quarterly targets by getting some additional bookings using this ploy, but I think, guys who zero down on Jeep, are likely to look elsewhere.

Moreover, it’s a sellers market now, so it might as well be.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th June 2022 at 12:14. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 22nd June 2022, 17:20   #3664
BHPian

Just found the same message in the Meridian thread. Guess they are going after price increase for all their products.

Yes it is a sellers market. How else can they sell a Compass for ~40 lacs and get away with basic rattling noise.
sheelapratosh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 10:10   #3665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki9009 View Post
Please do let us know how you did the installation and if possible a review of the dashcam. Also is it possible to connect it to a power bank to enable park mode?
Hello! You may need a power bank that will support "pass through" charging. I use "2BEsafe 6-in-1 Car Safety Tool" for my viofo a129 duo dash cam to keep the camera powered while parked on my WRV. But it only has a 2000mah battery so will only be able to power the cameras for 1 to 2 Hrs. Please make sure the power bank has proper over-current and thermal protection.

Viofo now has it's presence in India (check viofo.in) but the cameras are costlier here. I imported my viofo a129 duo with gps mount from banggood 4 years back for about 8k. In India it costs around 18.5k.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th June 2022 at 12:14. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 23rd June 2022, 13:10   #3666

Hello! Recently I took delivery of Trailhawk, It indeed is a very good performer on all kind of roads, However one thing which keeps bugging me is the high Engine noise filtering into cabin(If music is off it is very distinctive and apparently irritating), is this something normal or could be particular to my car only.
Old 23rd June 2022, 13:53   #3667
BHPian

Jeep diesel is not known for it's noise levels and refinement. You could expect bit of engine noise creeping into the cabin.
simplysaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 00:33   #3668
BHPian

After negotiating with Landmark - Mumbai, MPS - Bengaluru, SkyMoto - Pune and Aaron Wheels - Kolhapur I have sealed the deal with Aaron Jeep, Kolhapur. Sky Moto was my 1st choice since it was in Pune and I knew the SA very well (we had cancelled a Petrol AT Compass in 2019). But boy oh Boy! Sky Moto is very stubborn on pricing and even refused to discount the Depot charges and after lot of persuasion agreed to bill accessories (Mud-flaps and Matting) at dealer price.

My Compass has finally arrived at Aaron Jeep, Kolhapur & going for PDI tomorrow. They are pushing a lot to make the complete payment before the car arrives. I have paid them around 5.4L till date and refused complete payment till I'm done with the PDI.

Is there anything specific I should look for in the compass? I'm carrying the checklist t-bhp checklist. Also can anyone provide any feedback for Aaron Wheels?
Old 25th June 2022, 03:19   #3669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightfurry View Post
After negotiating with Landmark - Mumbai, MPS - Bengaluru, SkyMoto - Pune and Aaron Wheels - Kolhapur I have sealed the deal with Aaron Jeep, Kolhapur. Sky Moto was my 1st choice since it was in Pune and I knew the SA very well (we had cancelled a Petrol AT Compass in 2019). But boy oh Boy! Sky Moto is very stubborn on pricing and even refused to discount the Depot charges and after lot of persuasion agreed to bill accessories (Mud-flaps and Matting) at dealer price.

My Compass has finally arrived at Aaron Jeep, Kolhapur & going for PDI tomorrow. They are pushing a lot to make the complete payment before the car arrives. I have paid them around 5.4L till date and refused complete payment till I'm done with the PDI.

Is there anything specific I should look for in the compass? I'm carrying the checklist t-bhp checklist. Also can anyone provide any feedback for Aaron Wheels?
Ensure the car surface is clean so that you can observe the paint finish. Check especially for any hard surface like small dirt particles which are painted over. Check the VIN number to ascertain vehicle manufacturing date. This is embossed in the metal body on the driver side under the matting, a sticker inside the driver door frame and in the windshield on the passenger side when viewed from outside. Last two characters after the (*) denote the month and year of manufacture. 4 denotes April, 6 denotes June etc. and 'N' denotes 2022. Start the ignition and check the KMs done on the display. Please confirm this from others as well but Somewhere on team-bhp / internet I recall reading that the KM reading of a new Jeep should show "H"(digits)km and that the H disappears after around 200km usage. Mine showed H48km during delivery, other cars in the stockyard showed H21.

After PDI if they ask you to sign on the RTO papers and rest of payment, ensure that the correct VIN and your name is filled up and only then sign. If they refuse or discourage, absolutely insist that this is what you require before going ahead with rest of the deal. Take a photo of your signed RTO form. This is only to ensure that the dealer does not change the allotted vehicle and sell you a different vehicle which might be defective after you make the full payment. Correct me if I am wrong but Sky Moto Pune SE had mentioned to me that the Kolhapur dealership also belongs to the same Owner as that of Sky Moto Pune. Since the dealer is not waiving off the handling charges then fine, but if he is willing to deduct those charges please note that in your purchase invoice this amount will still reflect as being paid and the difference is adjusted in the RTO registration charges. Although in my case the RTO charges mentioned on the dealer sale sheet showed 231000rs, in my invoice and SMS from RTO the RTO charges were approximately 221000rs and the 10000 rupees difference was adjusted as handling charges.

All the best.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th June 2022 at 12:15. Reason: spacing for improved readability
argchoff is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 01:31   #3670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Last two characters after the (*) denote the month and year of manufacture. 4 denotes April,.
Thanks Buddy that was really helpful. Completed the PDI today, the car had 18kms on ODO & the VIN ended with 4N = April 2022. Also they had kept all the stickers with time stamp intact. According to those stickers the vehicle was manufactured on 30th April. They also removed the vehicle from logistics mode when I was present. As of now don’t have any red flags so will be completing the payment on Monday.

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong but Sky Moto Pune SE had mentioned to me that the Kolhapur dealership also belongs to the same Owner as that of Sky Moto Pune.
Absolutely not, both owners are different, but Skymoto owns a TATA dealership in Kolhapur- Unity Motors. Skymoto was the costliest of all! Almost every dealer of Jeep offered free accesories some event went beyond and offered some more accesories along with discount on ex showroom.

But all the SAs were amazing except for Landmark.

Mr. Aadarsh Charga - MPS JEEP, HSR was the best among all. If Kartnaka had BH passing I would’ve definitely bought from him. Amazing person.
Mr. Deepraj Pawar - Skymoto, Wakad. Cancelled second time with him & still he was courteous. Was kind enough to offer Meridian TD when I had gone to cancel my booking.

Mr. Vinayak, Mr. Neil & Mr. Aniket - Aarhon Wheels, Kolhapur. Pushy for payments but very helpful. Promised me to treat with world famous Kolhapur Misal when I go in a couple of days to take delivery.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th June 2022 at 12:15. Reason: spacing for improved readability
knightfurry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 12:03   #3671
BHPian

Has anyone tried sourcing AT tyres for the compass in the 18 inch rim size? I have searched but to no success.

Falken offers their wildpeak AT01 in the size 225/55/18 in the US and i was wondering if anyone was able to source them here. I reached out to Falken india but did not get a response.
Old 27th June 2022, 16:13   #3672

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
So my stereo display has started developing bubbles. I asked the dealer to fix it as part of warranty that I still have left (took the extended warranty) but they say this is not covered as it’s not a defect. Any thoughts on next steps?
AVN units of many brands are not covered under extended warranty. This includes Hyundai Creta 2016. My AVN turned hazy to milky and couldn't be replaced as it was excluded in extended warranty papers. Later the car also managed to shed it's white exterior and turned green.

On other hand, My friends Mahindra XUV500 2015 had the AVN unit replaced under extended warranty. So you can refer to your papers. If its excluded, chances are slim for a replacement.
Old 27th June 2022, 16:22   #3673
BHPian

Quote:
After escalating the matter I took the car to the workshop couple of days later and while I was seeking their explanation in the waiting room for customers I saw that a large crowd had gathered around my car. Fearing someone had hit the car, I rushed out to see. To my shock the service personnel had put my car in the jack, had removed the left front wheel and was trying to remove the black plastic fender and was trying to gain access to the cabin footwell on the passenger side. After repeated demands for stopping the activity they said sir we forgot your keys in the cabin and locked the car by mistake. That sealed the decision for me and I took the car back home. I have escalated this issue as well as the more serious issue of the entire painting of the car to FCA India and is currently ongoing. If they cannot even paint a spot on the bumper properly they will ruin the car if I get the overall car done from them. Don't know how spacious the service is in Mumbai but here in Pune it is cramped up and there's more chances of damage to the car in the service center than on the road.
From my own experience Fiat / Jeep Pune dealer is notorious for bad sales and service. I bought Punto back in 2014 and from delivery bay it was taken straight to service centre. Completely incompetent staff both sales and service. Service was so bad to the extent that i left my 5 year warranty in between and found a trusted FNG. Every time my car used to go service, it used come with problems. With FNG my experience has been bliss. I actually started enjoying the car then.

Sorry for your situation. Escalations won’t help much, it’s only 1 dealer in Pune.
FiatDiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 16:35   #3674
BHPian

To all jeep experts, one of my friend is evaluating a pre-worshipped Compass 2018 Limited 2.0 Diesel Manual done about 26k kms for himself. He test drove it today and found the car to be good enough.

Anything that he should check before taking the plunge?

1. Electricals - All work
2. Battery condition - 1 month old
3. No weird engine noise
4. All tyres are more than 70% left
5. No major visible scratches/dents
6. Service history - To be checked at ASS
7. Interior is all clean with no stains.
Old 27th June 2022, 16:56   #3675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
To all jeep experts, one of my friend is evaluating a pre-worshipped Compass 2018 Limited 2.0 Diesel Manual done about 26k kms for himself. He test drove it today and found the car to be good enough.

Anything that he should check before taking the plunge?

1. Electricals - All work
2. Battery condition - 1 month old
3. No weird engine noise
4. All tyres are more than 70% left
5. No major visible scratches/dents
6. Service history - To be checked at ASS
7. Interior is all clean with no stains.

This thread (ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India)has some good information on this. I did go through the entire thread while buying a pre-loved one.

I got the car checked by a Jeep service station prior to buying it and then from another FNG post buying it. Also, do check on the long term ownership threads here for known issues on the Compass.

Another thing that helped when getting a similar model was comparing multiple cars on the same day/couple of days. It helped gauge how should a Compass feel after being used for a certain number of kilometers. Watch out for the feel of the clutch; it is slightly heavy but nothing that someone who is used to diesels should be wary about. I found that a couple of vehicles had quite a heavy clutch pointing to some work in that area. And definitely take a long drive with a variety of roads looking out for those rattles.

Good luck with the purchase. 26k is quite less for this car and if taken care of it serves really well.
zurura023 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed