Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2022, 22:29   #3751
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

15,000 KM Service - Compass Diesel MT (Limited) 2021:

Hi All!

Got the first service done at the Landmark Noida Sector 63 Service Centre just before hitting 15k on the odo. Following are my observations about the workshop and the people:

1. The place is neat, clean and spacious. Much much better than the Okhla Service Centre.

2. This facility does not have a body shop as of now.

3. The staff is courteous and helpful. They didn't try to upsell me anything.

4. They were attending to each customer with the same diligence.

5. Pick and drop facility is available, but I didn't go for that.

6. The service advisor said you can stand by your car and have a look while they work on it. I was more than happy to do that!

7. I kept throwing questions at the technicians, they were happy to answer.

Coming to the car:

1. As such, I had no complains to attend to except for the minor kir kir (rattle) sound from the left side A & C pillar. Interestingly, the workshop people have been advised to not carry out any repairs on it for cars sold after October 2021. However, they've been directed to record a video while on a test ride which will be sent to the manufacturer for resolution. The said procedure was carried out and now I await their response. That apart, they did try greasing and tightening the nuts and bolts - but that didn't work.

2. All the routine oil/filter replacements etc. were carried out as per the MOPAR checklist. Got the brake cleaning done additionally (was given 50% discount on the same).

3. I didn't go for wheel balancing and alignment this time as I didn't feel the need to have it done right now - the car runs straight as an arrow currently! Can I get it done from a tyre shop expert? It costs about 2.2k here.

4. The car cleaning and detailing was top notch - I believe the cleaning part has been outsourced to 3M since a dedicated 3M team was carrying out the job.

Cost as per the Jeep Life App: Rs. 9.5k
Total Cost I paid after labour costs and tax: Rs.13.8k

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20220731_170352.jpg Clean and spacious!

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20220806_113251__01.jpg Up and above!

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20220806_110617__01.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20220806_112914.jpg Watching over!

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20220806wa0009__01.jpg Cleaned up and ready to go - with a smile! Pic courtesy - the SA. I completely forgot to click a better pic!
AshwinRS is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 10:50   #3752

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
got a new one from Viofo. The length of the cable was long enough to reach the back lighter socket
1. Did you have to install in upside down? Do the timestamp letters appear correct way even when you install it upside down? ()

2. Why couldn't you use front 12v socket? Does T130 need two power sockets? (front and rear)?

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th August 2022, 20:57   #3753

Rain Sensing Auto Wipers

Hi Folks,

I recently purchased a used Jeep Compass Limited Plus D Manual from Spinny. However I noticed that the auto wipers doesn't start in Bangalore's light drizzle.If you for water with some force it works but doesn't work with the drizzle. I am used to Volkswagen Polo and there it seems to work perfectly. Need your inputs on whether this is a feature or a bug. Can the sensor be slow to respond? Is there any such thing?
Old 9th August 2022, 14:53   #3754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StableRide View Post
1. Did you have to install in upside down? Do the timestamp letters appear correct way even when you install it upside down? (https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=dyCFLVk_WVQ)
Yes I had to install the Dashcam upside down however there is no issue with the display you just need to go & change the settings in the system

Quote:
2. Why couldn't you use front 12v socket? Does T130 need two power sockets? (front and rear)?
Yes I used the 12v socket only, however the socket is at the back in the new models. Also we just need 1 power socket for this Dash camera.

Last edited by Axe77 : 9th August 2022 at 17:44. Reason: Fixing quote tags. Capitalising where needed.
Old 9th August 2022, 17:23   #3755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
I feel I should now share my ownership experience of the 1.4 liter petrol manual sport compass after driving it for around 300km.
The car as a product itself is amazing and fun to drive. However the sales and service is pathetic, dishonest and incompetent. This experience has taken away what could have otherwise been a happy buying experience.
Be careful with the clutch plate. One of the few cars where the clutch kit of petrol is expensive than that of the diesel and WOW by what margin. Maybe since its imported and not localized. Still shows the over charging. Strongly advise to ensure to find a self import route when the time comes.

Diesel = https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-kit_...disc-40603028/ = ~ 18k

Petrol = https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-kit_...disc-40603027/ = ~ only 87k
dipen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 16:20   #3756

Re: Rain Sensing Auto Wipers

Anybody kindly help me??
Old 12th August 2022, 21:09   #3757
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler_drives View Post
Hi Folks,

I recently purchased a used Jeep Compass Limited Plus D Manual from Spinny. However I noticed that the auto wipers doesn't start in Bangalore's light drizzle.If you for water with some force it works but doesn't work with the drizzle. I am used to Volkswagen Polo and there it seems to work perfectly. Need your inputs on whether this is a feature or a bug. Can the sensor be slow to respond? Is there any such thing?
Can you share the video recording of this issue?

If it is under warranty / extended warranty, then better to report this issue at the service center.
Old 12th August 2022, 23:30   #3758

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Can you share the video recording of this issue?

If it is under warranty / extended warranty, then better to report this issue at the service center.
It's not allowing me to upload a video but if you throw water from a bottle it works but for recent Bangalore drizzles, it never works. I bought a used one from Spinny and it's out of warranty
Old 13th August 2022, 12:58   #3759
BHPian

I am the owner of a Compass trail hawk nearly 2 years old. The car is lovely and I had a great time as long as it was functioning well. At 26000 kms 1 month back, there was a problem with the AC which had conked off. The service team traced it to a problem in the main board of the AC unit and had ordered a replacement, which took 1 month for the part to arrive. The part which had arrived is not working either. It is 1 month and I have not got my car or a proper reply yet.
What do I do now ?
I have written a complaint letter on the official Jeep website but no avail yet. Truly pathetic response.
I had a dsg flywheel problem in my previous Jetta, I was trying very hard to claim under problematic parts warranty which they didn’t give and it cost me 65k but once i accepted to pay the part was fixed and car returned in top notch condition in 3 days.
I thought that was a bad experience but this seriously beats everything. The worst experience I’ve had. Never buying or recommending Jeep to anybody again.
spkrnh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 13:02   #3760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrnh View Post
I am the owner of a Compass trail hawk nearly 2 years old. The car is lovely and I had a great time as long as it was functioning well. At 26000 kms 1 month back, there was a problem with the AC which had conked off. The service team traced it to a problem in the main board of the AC unit and had ordered a replacement, which took 1 month for the part to arrive. The part which had arrived is not working either. It is 1 month and I have not got my car or a proper reply yet.
What do I do now ?
I have written a complaint letter on the official Jeep website but no avail yet. Truly pathetic response.
I had a dsg flywheel problem in my previous Jetta, I was trying very hard to claim under problematic parts warranty which they didn’t give and it cost me 65k but once i accepted to pay the part was fixed and car returned in top notch condition in 3 days.
I thought that was a bad experience but this seriously beats everything. The worst experience I’ve had. Never buying or recommending Jeep to anybody again.
Have you tried writing to email addresses of Partha Datta and Mr. Tavares to attract attention? I am not recommending we do this for every minor issue but usually, when there's apathy in customer service, reaching senior management via public channels or emails has proven to work for me in the past.

That said, apathy in general might be a sign of poor dealership experience in general, and might wanna check other dealers in future.
PaceTraveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 22:17   #3761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Although I’m not actively looking for a new car, I have been test driving various cars over the last few weeks, just to get some perspective. For context, I drive a 2018 1.6 Creta diesel Manual with just 25k on the ODO. I usually switch cars when the car is about 5-6 years old, so I’m in no hurry to sell the Creta and buy a new one.

I did test drive the Compass Petrol Automatic earlier today and I was actually quite impressed. The turbo petrol engine seemed more than adequate, and the gearshifts too were quite seamless. The car felt pretty special inside, this variant, limited, has almost all the bells and whistles. Panoramic sunroof, 6 airbags being the key differentiators when compared to the lower models.

For the same amount of money, I can easily buy the XUV700 Diesel AT AX7 variant. And I have time by my side, so I can wait for another year even if need be. I did test drive the XUV700 two weeks ago, and also the Safari, Scorpio-N. Both XUV700 and the Compass really stood out for me, they seem like good upgrades from my Creta. But I’m a little concerned about the Compass Petrol Automatic since I’m hearing that the real time fuel efficiency would be just 7-9 KMPL, if so it would be really bad. Although my overall usage in a year may not exceed 15000kms, I do drive 30kms a day and I have always been spoilt by diesels in this regard.

I know both the cars I have mentioned above are quite different. Logically, I should just book the XUV700 diesel AT and wait it out. But I have always fancied the Compass, it just looks so cool! I mean, it’s got the Jeep design DNA, it pulls a lot of emotions unlike the XUV700.
But a Petrol Automatic with a low fuel efficiency may prove expensive on a daily basis.

Any feedback on the Petrol Automatic or the Compass in general would be great! ( considering my current context )

Quoting from my earlier post. I did another test drive of the Compass Petrol Automatic, Limited variant. This time it was from a different dealer in Bangalore, PPS/MPS motors. The earlier dealer KHT kept pushing a 2021 car and quite honestly they sounded very unprofessional on every aspect. So this dealer is offering me a 2022 Jeep Compass Petrol automatic, Limited version with some discounts on the insurance, probably to the tune of about 60-70k. Plus they are willing to negotiate on certain smaller charges like handling, accessories etc. I’m planning to trade in my wife’s elite i20 ( which has just done 7k by the way), but the price being quoted by the dealer is way lower than what I got from Olx 2 weeks ago. So if I don’t trade in my car, I don’t get the 50k exchange bonus. Anyway, this aside, this variant is going to cost me around 30.5L, which is way beyond my initial budget of 28L and plus this is a Petrol , so running costs are going to be really high.

Any feedback and thoughts on this Petrol automatic? I can wait even a year for the XUV700 diesel AT, so not in any hurry really. I intend to keep this car for at least 6 years, so is it right choice considering it’s already 5 years old?
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 22:37   #3762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I’m planning to trade in my wife’s elite i20 ( which has just done 7k by the way)
Dear motorworks, how much do you expect the car to run per year? In current times, I do not think diesels are the right choice anymore. Two states have already fallen to the NGT ruling and who knows what is in store after 4-5 years. Unless the car you wish to buy is diesel only, there is no harm in considering petrol variants. The gap in FE between a petrol and diesel is wider on the highways. My Punto diesel used to give 13-14kmpl in city traffic which is just 3-4kmpl higher than Punto 1.4 petrol. Highway FE was 23-25kmpl which was significantly higher than 16-17 kmpl given by the petrol counterpart.

Regarding your query about Jeep Compass being a 5 years old model, the interiors have been thoroughly revised and given the history of sluggish pace of updates by FCA, I do not believe they will update the car soon.

If resale value is important for you, Jeep/FCA vehicles might disappoint anyway (based on historical trends).
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 13:56   #3763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Dear motorworks, how much do you expect the car to run per year? In current times, I do not think diesels are the right choice anymore. Two states have already fallen to the NGT ruling and who knows what is in store after 4-5 years. Unless the car you wish to buy is diesel only, there is no harm in considering petrol variants. The gap in FE between a petrol and diesel is wider on the highways.
Hey paddleshifter, thanks for the feedback. My yearly running is not very high, probably around 13-15k. Yes, your point on diesels is very valid, I don’t know what kind of steps the government would take in the coming few years. I live in Bangalore, so all big cities have the probability of some ruling like the one that’s in Delhi. Just that I’m used to the efficiency of diesels for the last 13 years now and figures like 6-7kmpl really scare me! But i guess that’s the only big flip side of the compass Petrol AT.
Old 14th August 2022, 14:51   #3764
BHPian

Quote:
This time it was from a different dealer in Bangalore, PPS/MPS motors. The earlier dealer KHT kept pushing a 2021 car and quite honestly they sounded very unprofessional on every aspect. So this dealer is offering me a 2022 Jeep Compass Petrol automatic, Limited version with some discounts on the insurance, probably to the tune of about 60-70k. Plus they are willing to negotiate on certain smaller charges like handling, accessories etc. I’m planning to trade in my wife’s elite i20 ( which has just done 7k by the way), but the price being quoted by the dealer is way lower than what I got from Olx 2 weeks ago. So if I don’t trade in my car, I don’t get the 50k exchange bonus. Anyway, this aside, this variant is going to cost me around 30.5L, which is way beyond my initial budget of 28L and plus this is a Petrol , so running costs are going to be really high.
Interesting, just yesterday the SA from PPS Motors visited (I took test drives of Model S Petrol DDCT and Diesel 4x4) and quoted me 33.79L as the final price including 5 year/1L kms extended warranty and accessories.

Quote:
I’m planning to trade in my wife’s elite i20 ( which has just done 7k by the way)
Wow, that's a really low usage. Just out of curiosity, why not use it somewhat more for long drives etc? Any expensive/unfixable issues that are forcing you to get it out of your garage?

Quote:
I can wait even a year for the XUV700 diesel AT, so not in any hurry really.
I have personally been in a similar situation. I recently sold out my 8 year old Micra CVT (used 44k kms) due to too much maintenance costs and regular issues. Now I have time at my side, so I am window shopping, building knowledge, reading up team-bhp, taking test drives, etc.
Just today I was reading this article on chip shortage issues having been sorted to large extent and there being several upcoming launches within current financial year (FY23). I am willing to wait for some more time. What allows me to wait it out is that, I don't have any set expectations, but I do not have any strong needs either. Better vehicles, newer models, lower wait periods, better deals (due to upcoming festive season), etc. etc. if anything comes in favor, will proceed.

Lastly, on PPS/MPS motors Bangalore specifically, I was reading their reviews on their Google listing and saw some negative reviews, I confronted the SA forcing them to talk about it, and they seemed largely indifferent to the negative reviews. They simply said, we are the best in industry when compared to others. This didn't leave a positive review on my mind.
Old 14th August 2022, 15:18   #3765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceTraveller View Post
Interesting, just yesterday the SA from PPS Motors visited (I took test drives of Model S Petrol DDCT and Diesel 4x4) and quoted me 33.79L as the final price including 5 year/1L kms extended warranty and accessories.

Wow, that's a really low usage. Just out of curiosity, why not use it somewhat more for long drives etc? Any expensive/unfixable issues that are forcing you to get it out of your garage?

Lastly, on PPS/MPS motors Bangalore specifically, I was reading their reviews on their Google listing and saw some negative reviews, I confronted the SA forcing them to talk about it, and they seemed largely indifferent to the negative reviews. They simply said, we are the best in industry when compared to others. This didn't leave a positive review on my mind.
I’m looking at the limited variant and not the model S, hence the lower price that was quoted to me.

With regard to the reason for selling the i20, well I have to sell either the i20 or the Creta 1.6 diesel. The issue is, I think I can easily sell the i20 for around 6.5 lakhs and I wouldn’t be really taking a big hit since I bought it in 2018 for just 7 lakhs. Although I have spent a little on the car, like alloys, seat covers and black roof, the resale of 6.5 is still not bad. On the other hand, I paid nearly 15.5 lakhs for my Creta in 2018 ( and it was a 2017 manufactured one ), and I have actually spent quite a bit on this car, like a new Pioneer HU, Yokohama Geolandar tyres, seat covers etc. But the quotes I’m getting for this car is not so great, like around 11 lakhs. So I was thinking it’s better to retain the Creta than the i20, obviously the extra money from the sale of the Creta will make my potential next purchase that much easier, so lots to think about.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks