Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2022, 07:19   #3916
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKKK View Post
Got this beauty delivered yesterday! Attaching a few pics
Congratulations, happy and safe driving! I reckon this is Landmark worli by the looks of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberP View Post
Found this during delivery day PDI for compass, is it something that will cause trouble few years down the line.

I think it's okay.

Attachment 2363862

Also found some paint chips and scratches during delivery day PDI on jeep compass.

I don't think they would repaint the whole panel or the door. Some touch-ups should be fine.

Attachment 2363863

Attachment 2363864
If you refer to my post (Jeep Compass : Official Review), I higlighted few similar defects. What I learned through my anixiety as first time car buyer was that almost every car in the stockyard had minor issues. The way I delt with it was to document it via an email stating if the same panel in the future has issue, I should get it replaced for free and the panel that was lose should be video taped when being fixed. It may look harsh but as I stated I am a first time buyer and my anxiety got the best of me. I took a detialing specilist who checked 3 - 4 other cars in the stockyard and found minor paint issues, which is when I decided to take the delivery of the car as there was no statistical evidence that the next piece would be defect free. I would however advise to check the VIN of the car (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)) to assess the month of manufacturing.

Use this URL: https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/...etServlet?vin=
& add your VIN after the = sign to get your equipment list and keep a copy.
parthdmaniar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 08:02   #3917
BHPian

A short thread to thank the Team BHP community and help prospect buyers of the Jeep compass by consolidating resources in a single post

Thank you to the Team BHP community. I must have read 50 recent pages of this thread as part of my decision making process. I purchased diesel, manual, limited edition of Jeep Compass. I have purchased the car from Landmark, Worli, Mumbai.

PDI and the delivery

1. There is a thread
2. A PDF checklist from Team BHP that is easily printable. I used this option.
3. During PDI (Jeep Compass : Official Review) I found couple of issues. I was heartbroken, especially as this is our first family car. I documented the issues via WhatsApp and E-Mail. I further insisted the lose panel be video taped while being fixed.
4. I checked the VIN of the car using this thread (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)).
5. I used this URL and added my car's VIN to download the inventory (totally optional, I did it for fun )
6. Tyre air pressure was very high on delivery. 42 for the front and 37 for the rear.
7. Refer to this post (Jeep Compass : Official Review) for the costing of accessories I was provided (August 2022 purchase). I would recommend purchasing slush mats over 7D.
8. I found this post particulary useful (Jeep Compass : Official Review) for accessories guidance.
9. My connectivity module was not operational on delivery. I would recommend checking your Jeep Life App connectivity. If it does not work on delivery, have the dealership team coordinate for it to be done. In my case, I had to follow-up with Mopar customer care. They solved the issue in two calls.

one month ownership experience

1. I've driven the car 3200 KMs in the first month.

2. I have travelled to Vaibhav Wadi, Goa and Pune from Mumbai. During my trip to Vaibhav wadi there was an unexpected patch of potholes that the car went at 80 before I could slow it down. I haven't found any issues but I will double check this on my first service. The front mudguard has touched twice - once on a bad bump and once on an incline in a hotel.

2. I visited the service center at Andheri, Mumbai once to have a minor rubber ingress fixed and have my DEF topped. Entire process was very professional and smooth.

3. There is a minor noise (vibratory in nature) from the sunroof. I haven't gone to the service center to have it checked. It is not constant or frequent. I am unsure as to why it happens. However, I could easily pinpoint the panel by pressing my finger against it. I am unsure if I should have the panvel opened up because of it.

4. I get average of 12 overall although 75% of my 3200 KM travel has been on the highway. I do have a habit of starting the car and keeping it in idle for about 7 to 10 minutes before I start any journey. Is this a good practice or not required anymore - guidance on engine warmup would help me

5. I got PPF done from Detailing Dons workshop at Mahalaxmi Mumbai. I took Llumar PPF with 5 years warranty that covers anti-yellowing since mine is a white coloured car.

I've attached few photos.

I want to once again thank the community at Team BHP for being humble and helpful to first time (anxious) car buyers.

I will update the thread as my ownership continues. I hope you find the consolidated information useful.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220909_16423601.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220909_16423401.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220909_16301801.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220909_16204601.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220909_15390001.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220909_15324901.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220908_18135101.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220908_18092301.jpeg  

parthdmaniar is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 13:59   #3918

Hi Guys

Amazon music using wireless apple carplay keeps stopping every now and then. Am I doing anything wrong? Any one else faced same issue?

Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 23:25   #3919
BHPian

Dear Jeepers, which insurance company do you have your insurance from? I am trying to check the quote for Model S petrol but none of the companies are giving a quote for it online. Polizy bazaar only shows quotes from United India and Digit.
Old 7th October 2022, 00:43   #3920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashg View Post
Dear Jeepers, which insurance company do you have your insurance from? I am trying to check the quote for Model S petrol but none of the companies are giving a quote for it online. Polizy bazaar only shows quotes from United India and Digit.

I took the one from the dealer (Landmark, Mumbai) from ICICI.

One way I suggest getting an insurance quote is to use your relationship manager (RM) from the bank. I asked a quotation from bank's RM (I have accounts with ICICI and HDFC). I found the dealers quote with discount at par with direct quote from ICICI.
parthdmaniar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 08:07   #3921
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can try Tata-AIG, Future Generali, Royal Sundaram etc
Old 7th October 2022, 10:53   #3922
BHPian

Quote:
I can tell you which insurance not to go, Future Generali. They will try all kind of ways to not pay for your claim, god forbid if you have to. Besides they have only two zero depreciation claims. Buy one that has unlimited claims like HDFC Ergo, IFFCO Tokio Etc. Also look at their claim settlement ratio the higher the better.
niki9009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 14:32   #3923

I have a month old Jeep Compass Model S Petrol AT and have just completed Bangalore - Chorla Ghat - North Goa trip last week. Drive quality was amazing. I have driven X1 and Fortuner in the past and I must say the driving pleasure was certainly at par.
Few issues noticed were -
1/ I hear some noise from the left side of the dashboard on the patchy roads but its quite ignorable.
2/ The 1st 30 seconds of any song played on Wync music (through CARPLAY) has a very low bass and picks up later. I will get this checked at the SC.
3/ When doing Upper to Lower beam the right indicator gets started automatically for 5 seconds.
4/ In 1400 KMs the mileage I got was 12+. Not sure if it is good or bad.
sharMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 22:27   #3924
BHPian

Looking at a pre owned 2018 Nov Petrol AT limited for about 18.5 Ls. It’s done about 18k till date. I am about to test drive this Sunday

From 2018 Petrol AT owners, anything I should be on the lookout for in my test drive? Also considering I am looking at moving from a Vento DSG, is the Jeep Compass’s gearbox comparable to the Vento’s?

Any inputs appreciated.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th October 2022 at 09:44. Reason: JC = Jeep Compass. Strictly no acronyms please when referring to car make / model. Thanks.
Bhodrolok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 10:31   #3925
BHPian

Is there any issue with the jeep life app? My first free service was completed yesterday but jeeplife app shows no service history record. How long after completion of service does it take for the service details to show up on the jeeplife app?
Old 8th October 2022, 12:40   #3926
Senior - BHPian

Jeep supposedly is increasing price again from November. The showroom messaged today.
Altocumulus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 17:43   #3927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Be careful with the clutch plate. One of the few cars where the clutch kit of petrol is expensive than that of the diesel and WOW by what margin. Maybe since its imported and not localized. Still shows the over charging. Strongly advise to ensure to find a self import route when the time comes.

Diesel = https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-kit_...disc-40603028/ = ~ 18k

Petrol = https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-kit_...disc-40603027/ = ~ only 87k
I visited the jeep store in their service center and made some casual enquiries regarding the cost of the full clutch kit for the 1.4 petrol MT. The store guy checked the system and said the plate set including the pressure plate cost INR. 10000 including GST but is sold together with the bearing assembly which cost INR 6000. So total 16K plus labor charges. All this was verbal though and they refused to give a printout of spares cost.
argchoff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 02:56   #3928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki9009 View Post
I can tell you which insurance not to go, Future Generali. They will try all kind of ways to not pay for your claim, god forbid if you have to. Besides they have only two zero depreciation claims. Buy one that has unlimited claims like HDFC Ergo, IFFCO Tokio Etc. Also look at their claim settlement ratio the higher the better.
Interesting. I just made a claim with future generali for my Jeep compass limited petrol (purchased in Jan 2022) and it was actually super smooth. However, the insurance was purchased through the dealer. So that might have made a difference. You are right about 2 depreciation claims but do you really thing a person needs more than 2 in an year. This was my first insurance claim in over 12 years of driving *Touchwood*.
Old 9th October 2022, 09:52   #3929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Looking at a pre owned 2018 Nov Petrol AT limited for about 18.5 Ls. It’s done about 18k till date. I am about to test drive this Sunday

From 2018 Petrol AT owners, anything I should be on the lookout for in my test drive? Also considering I am looking at moving from a Vento DSG, is the Jeep Compass’s gearbox comparable to the Vento’s?

Any inputs appreciated.
A colleague of mine is selling his Compass facelift Sport 1.4 AT, as of last week the car was still available, let me check with him and update, if interested you could have a look.

Performance wise, i had a short test drive so cannot really comment, owners could pitch in here.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 13:38   #3930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Jeep supposedly is increasing price again from November. The showroom messaged today.
Hi could I kindly request you provide details as to the approximate rise in the cost?

Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks