Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2022, 13:29   #3976
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Minor negatives noticed over 2 years

Hello Jeepers, I'm about to complete 2 years next month with my Limited Plus 4X2, Diesel MT Compass. It's been a solid ride so far. I've done just a a little above 25k km and so far it's served me very well in my many drives to the mountains and short daily commutes in Gurgaon.

However, I'll mention certain peculiar issues that have irritated me over the years

1. Puncture prone Bridgestone Dueler 18 inch Tyres - every once in a while I notice a new puncture, sometimes two. So far I've gotten 2-3 mushroom punctures in one tyre and post that even got it patched from inside. Other tyres have mostly survived on regular puncture fixes. Post that it's worked well so far. Touchwood. However there has been uneven wear in front and rear tyres, mostly my bad as I didn't get them rotated in time. Hoping to get another 15k mileage from them as the 18 inchers are incredibly expensive.

2. Parcel Tray - my 2020 model's parcel tray dropped from the hooks, every time I would open the boot. It's the most irritating thing I've every faced and it happening in a 20 lakh plus car is shocking. The dealership I got it from was kind enough to replace it on the day of delivery with another new Compass that was in the showroom, however it didn't work, the parcel tray still dropped every time. After living with this nuisance for over a year, the dealership guys replaced the parcel tray rope with a new one from the 2021 compass they had as a demo car. Since then it's worked like it should, thankfully.

3. Flimsy plastics - while the plastic quality is great almost everywhere, the horn cover at the back of the steering, so irritatingly flimsy, as is the cover on the right side of the driver's seat - it covers the seat adjustment buttons. The hook has broken and the cover has been hanging for a few months, planning to get it fixed when I go for my annual service.

4. Delay in AC - it takes a good few seconds for the AC to get going after you start the car and get moving, and on a hot NCR afternoon, it's the last thing you need. Never experience this in my earlier cars.

5. Audio System at higher volumes - the sound quality is best when kept at mid levels, the higher you go with the volume the way that bass flattens is dismal - not befitting an expensive car like this one.

I know this is nitpicking, but these tiny issues happening everyday can become irritating over time.

Having said all this, I love the car. The way it handles and drives gives me far more joy and more than makes up for the irritating bits. I get a chance to take it on the highways leading to the mountains, every few months and I grab it with both hands. Just love how it drives on curvy roads, like a hatchback and how it accelerates on the highway.

Only one question for the Jeepers community - my 2nd annual / 30k km service is due in December. Is Landmark, Gurgaon a good one and trusted? I'm only scared of the unnecessary costs that typical service centers con you into paying. So far I've gotten it serviced only in Himachal and it's been great, however this time I might not be able to travel there.
fast&curious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 18:02   #3977

Re: Jeep Compass : Minor negatives noticed over 2 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post
Hello Jeepers, I'm about to complete 2 years next month with my Limited Plus 4X2, Diesel MT Compass. It's been a solid ride so far. I've done just a a little above 25k km and so far it's served me very well in my many drives to the mountains and short daily commutes in Gurgaon.
Glad to know that you are enjoying the beast. I too own a MT diesel and agree with you that there are a lot of things to complain but once you hit the highway/mountains everything feels perfect.

I have been regularly getting my car serviced at Gurgaon center. I am satisfied with it the Gurgaon SC is the best among other options. Service costs, however in general have increased everywhere. Stick to the owners manual and don’t fall to their money making traps.

Last edited by Sheel : 6th January 2023 at 10:23. Reason: No discussion about WhatsApp / Telegram groups please. Thank You!
Old 1st November 2022, 20:56   #3978
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Jeep JV declares bankruptcy in China. To Exit China.

Just saw this article on Hindustan Times.

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...206539628.html

Apart from the Geo Political reasons quoted by Jeep, the article also talks about falling sales for the last four years.

I wonder how this will impact India and what are Jeep's plans here, their products are not setting the sales chart on fire here either.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 21:39   #3979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Does compass eat a lot of tyre ?

My first set lasted about 30k "Driven in HP only" the second set has lost more than 60% of its tyre tread and the car stands driven 49k only. How does your compass fare?
I got 50K Kms each in first set (Firestone) and second set (Yokohama Earth1). Usage pattern is 70:30 in favor of highway drives.
Old 2nd November 2022, 09:54   #3980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaumik View Post
Dear Jeepers,
I took delivery of a diesel MT about 2.5 weeks back and have a peculiar issue. I'm not able to reproduce it 100% of the time, but is quite frequent.

So the issue is that while driving if I have to suddenly brake and I use the Clutch + Brake + Horn at the same time, I'm getting a warning sound and the message display shows that the auto start stop could not be activated as the driver seat belt is not engaged.

I'm not sure why this is happening and wanted to check if anyone faced this and how it can be fixed.
Yep, have faced the warning on my 10 days old compass 4x4 Diesel AT. The warning comes intermittently when brakes and horn are used. I have not got a chance to capture the warning on MID but plan to do that. I initially thought the seat belt wasnt fastened tight enough but that is not the case.
I will share here if I get any more info, if you hear anything please share.
aquarian1502 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 10:43   #3981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarian1502 View Post
Yep, have faced the warning on my 10 days old compass 4x4 Diesel AT. The warning comes intermittently when brakes and horn are used. I have not got a chance to capture the warning on MID but plan to do that. I initially thought the seat belt wasnt fastened tight enough but that is not the case.
I will share here if I get any more info, if you hear anything please share.
Good to know that I'm not alone here with this weird problem. I have highlighted this to the workshop manager, need to take the car to them. Seemed like, they have not had this problem reported earlier. So thought of checking in this group if anyone faced it and got it rectified
abhaumik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 11:18   #3982
BHPian

Hey guys, I'm about to send my compass in for its first service. The nearest one to me is Okhla, but I don't mind visiting Gurgaon or Noida if that workshop is better. Can any NCR based owners recommend which one is better?
Old 2nd November 2022, 17:28   #3983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Hey guys, I'm about to send my compass in for its first service. The nearest one to me is Okhla, but I don't mind visiting Gurgaon or Noida if that workshop is better. Can any NCR based owners recommend which one is better?
Gurgaon one is considered best by the NCR jeep owners. I have also been getting my Jeep serviced here since past 5 years now.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 11:41   #3984

Hi Guys,

Is there no automatic reset of fuel economy meter on refuelling in Jeep Compass? Also no automatic reset of fuel meter everyday?
Old 3rd November 2022, 12:07   #3985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKKK View Post
Hi Guys,

Is there no automatic reset of fuel economy meter on refuelling in Jeep Compass? Also no automatic reset of fuel meter everyday?
No, I don't think there is any automatic reset of any statistics. One has to do it manually. At least haven't seen it in my Limited Diesel Manual model.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 19:17   #3986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenprakash View Post
Hi, I bought a 2018 Compass Petrol AT Limited (O) just last month for 13.75lacs (RC transfer worth ~50k included). The Car was 8/10 on the outside and 9/10 inside. Mechanicals I would rate at 8ish/10 (haven't used it much as I was out of station).

Not sure what a 2019 would go for, but anything above 16l feels overpriced (wouldn't have paid more than 15l for H1-2019 manufacturing).
Hope this helps.
Thank you so much. This helps. Even I feel anything beyond 15-16 is over priced for the petrol compass. Unfortunately none of the dealers are ready to settle below 17 for a 2019 model. Personally I feel the Limited (O) which you got is better value since I cannot justify the close to 3L difference between a Limited (O) and Limited Plus. But wifey is in love with the panoramic sunroof in Limited plus. Hence waiting to find a better deal on Limited Plus.
Old 3rd November 2022, 20:27   #3987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
Thank you so much. This helps. Even I feel anything beyond 15-16 is over priced for the petrol compass. Unfortunately none of the dealers are ready to settle below 17 for a 2019 model. Personally I feel the Limited (O) which you got is better value since I cannot justify the close to 3L difference between a Limited (O) and Limited Plus. But wifey is in love with the panoramic sunroof in Limited plus. Hence waiting to find a better deal on Limited Plus.
To be honest, the Limited plus definitely justifies the difference
- Powered seats
- Panoramic sunroof
- Better alloys
- Bigger infotainment display
Old 5th November 2022, 18:17   #3988
BHPian

Hello,

I hope the members and their loved ones are safe and doing well.

We recently purchased a limited diesel manual model. I wanted to know if there is a recommended way to take care of the leather seats? I wash and clean my car on my own. I use Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Spray for the leather part and wanted to know beyond the cleaning routines listed in different threads.

I'm specifically looking for - should I put a cover on it or not? If yes, which type of cover? Any guidance for this?

Thank you.
Old 5th November 2022, 20:59   #3989
BHPian

Avoid seat covers !!
They interfere with airbag deployment.There are aftermarket seat covers with light seam which are supposed to break when airbag deploys.But airbags are not something to fiddle with.
Old 6th November 2022, 19:25   #3990
BHPian

Compass prices have been hiked again from 1st November, as expected. Hike seems to be of 45,000 for higher models. Model S petrol was 27.84 L ex-showroom in Mumbai, now it's 28.29 L. Same for Diesel model S and Trailhawk.

Price as per CarWale (not yet updated)
Jeep Compass : Official Review-1.jpg

Latest price on Jeep website
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  53.7 KB

Steepest hike seems to be at the base model. Sport Petrol was 19.29L, now it is 21.09 L. Hike of 1,80,000! In fact Sport petrol manual is now more expensive than Diesel manual which is unchanged at 20.89 L. Bizarre.

They had just increased prices in September. The already overpriced car keeps getting pricier.
yashg is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed