Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2022, 19:43   #3991
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Hello,

Could someone guide me to the Jeep Life Trails (the community portion of the application)? Unfortunately, the website hasn't been updated for some time (the copyright was in 2019), and I can't get any updates on the mobile phone application.

Are there communities for Mumbai, NCR and Banglore that are active? I am from and in Mumbai but will be moving to NCR for some time before I move to Banglore (or Hyderabad).

Thank you.

Last edited by parthdmaniar : 6th November 2022 at 20:06. Reason: Added hyperlinks and second edit was to add this comment. Sorry.
parthdmaniar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 20:03   #3992

Re: Jeep Compass : Minor negatives noticed over 2 years

Growler my Jeep Diesel AT 4x4 is on verge of completing it's 1st Year later this month. It is now time for the customary 1st Yr service.

Looking for advise -

Landmark Andheri is the Dealership that sold the vehicle last year. Oddly, they have refused to share itemized list of service jobs that they will do as recommended by FCA. In the conversation, I was very specific in enquiring for a Service estimate based on FCA jobs, but drew a blank.

Andheri garage seems happy to quote 21K-22K amount without even looking at the vehicle.

On the other hand, I am aware that FCA recommended service would ideally total to no more than 12K. This is basis my previous ownership of JC Petrol AT (model: Limited Plus) that was serviced for 12K in Jaipur.

A call to Jeep's Thane service centre resulted in a quote of 17K-18K and they obliged by sharing a list of Job items. Here, I observed that certain job items are priced 2X of a Diesel Jeep Compass serviced in Delhi and details shared by a team-bhp Member. Some items have matching codes and costs while 2 items are priced at 2X here in Thane.

I am now confused - service the vehicle at Andheri (potential bill, 22K) Or Thane (18K) Or fight with both for a fair price up to 12K?

For sure, refusal of Landmark Andheri to share FCA service list has not gone down well. They have parried my queries by claiming that there is no standard list of FCA and Service cost will be estimated post inspection only.

Request for views from the Forum.
Tripper_trooper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 20:16   #3993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashg View Post

Steepest hike seems to be at the base model. Sport Petrol was 19.29L, now it is 21.09 L. Hike of 1,80,000! In fact Sport petrol manual is now more expensive than Diesel manual which is unchanged at 20.89 L. Bizarre.

They had just increased prices in September. The already overpriced car keeps getting pricier.
I bought the sport petrol manual in February 2022 for 17.9 lakhs ex showroom. That is an increase of over 3 lakhs in about 9 months Looking back I think I took the leap at the very appropriate time. At the present prices I wouldn’t even have thought of upgrading to a Jeep.
Night Raven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 21:46   #3994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper_trooper View Post
Growler my Jeep Diesel AT 4x4 is on verge of completing it's 1st Year later this month. It is now time for the customary 1st Yr service.

Looking for advise -

Landmark Andheri is the Dealership that sold the vehicle last year. Oddly, they have refused to share itemized list of service jobs that they will do as recommended by FCA. In the conversation, I was very specific in enquiring for a Service estimate based on FCA jobs, but drew a blank.

Andheri garage seems happy to quote 21K-22K amount without even looking at the vehicle.

On the other hand, I am aware that FCA recommended service would ideally total to no more than 12K. This is basis my previous ownership of JC Petrol AT (model: Limited Plus) that was serviced for 12K in Jaipur.

A call to Jeep's Thane service centre resulted in a quote of 17K-18K and they obliged by sharing a list of Job items. Here, I observed that certain job items are priced 2X of a Diesel Jeep Compass serviced in Delhi and details shared by a team-bhp Member. Some items have matching codes and costs while 2 items are priced at 2X here in Thane.

I am now confused - service the vehicle at Andheri (potential bill, 22K) Or Thane (18K) Or fight with both for a fair price up to 12K?

For sure, refusal of Landmark Andheri to share FCA service list has not gone down well. They have parried my queries by claiming that there is no standard list of FCA and Service cost will be estimated post inspection only.

Request for views from the Forum.
Hi, please refer to my post. I got my Compass recently serviced for INR 12.8k. You can read about it here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5426371 (My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review)
Pancham is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 22:36   #3995

I'm Attaching the Job items shared by Jeep Thane.

Quoted price seems higher than service cost incurred by fellow Bhp comrade Pancham.

I was asked to look at items within the red marked boundary. Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20221102wa0005.jpg
Old 8th November 2022, 16:29   #3996
BHPian

Just a quick query.
Is it worth taking extended warranty?
I have a Compass 2022 Diesel Manual LIMITED model and have completed 15000km.
Veh is running fine so far.
Got to take the warranty in next 15 days else price gets jacked by 7k appx.
Old 8th November 2022, 16:41   #3997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Just a quick query.
Is it worth taking extended warranty?
I have a Compass 2022 Diesel Manual LIMITED.
You should.
I have come across weird problems faced by fellow Jeepers in other forums, Jeep activity Clubs. Extended warranty is a must given the recent quality control lapses.
sheelapratosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 21:39   #3998
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm Attaching the Job items shared by Jeep Thane.

Quoted price seems higher than service cost incurred by fellow Bhp comrade Pancham.

I was asked to look at items within the red marked boundary.[/ATTACH]
Check why fuel filter is 7K+, normally it is around 3K. Maybe they replaced the outer body cover as well.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 21:58   #3999

Hey, this is a quote.

The actual service is due in 2 weeks.

Thanks for pointing out the 7k sitting on fuel filter...it's unreasonably high. I will watch out for it.

Given the spate of niggles, an Extended warranty is indeed essential if you're holding on to the Compass.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th November 2022 at 22:35. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Old 9th November 2022, 12:43   #4000
BHPian

Quote:
Landmark Andheri is the Dealership that sold the vehicle last year. Oddly, they have refused to share itemized list of service jobs that they will do as recommended by FCA.
Although i can't help with the numbers, but I can state from personal experience that I don't trust Landmark for service. I used to get my Linea serviced there but stopped after I saw them trying to push unnecessary jobs to pad the bill. Incidentally my bill used to be in the 20k - 25k range too years back. Landmark is the number one reason I did not buy a Compass. The second reason being I felt it was over priced.

Last edited by caffeineAM : 9th November 2022 at 12:44. Reason: Typo
caffeineAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 12:57   #4001
Senior - BHPian

I visited the Jeep showroom the other day for inquiry and test drive of the Meridian. While there I also inquired for offers on the Compass.
Sharing the discounts offered on the Jeep Compass as of today, November 2022:-

Petrol:

Limited(O) - 1.6L discount for an on-road of 30.1L from list price 30.74L
Model S - 1.6L discount for an on-road of 32.75L from list price 34.35L

Diesel:

Limited(O) - 1.3L discount for an on-road of 34.81L from list price 36.11L
Model S - 1.3L discount for an on-road of 37.47 from list price 38.77L

The above are on-road Bombay prices, and were offered upfront on simple query and zero negotiation. It should be possible to push for further discounts and outside insurance quote match.

Hope that helps : )
Maky is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 20:04   #4002
VBR
BHPian

Hi All.

After a lot of thought process, and debate, I have zeroed in on the Jeep Compass Diesel 4x4. I come from driving a Ford Ecosport TDCi for 9 years now.

The car reached Bangalore today, and I visited PPS Motors stockyard for a PDI.
What is bothering me is the kind of paint finish, and quality the car is.
Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20221109-5.06.00-pm.jpeg
Notice - the plastic ripping of near the glovebox.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img1514.jpgJeep Compass : Official Review-img1513.jpg
Notice - Poor Paint job at the rear door sills - paint has formed knots and appears to look like bubbles.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20221109-5.06.51-pm.jpeg
Notice - driver side door sill - a portion of it is dull compared to the other glossy paint job.

Is this the level of shoddy paint finish and quality that Jeep is providing? Has anyone faced similar issues?
Do I accept this car, with the assurance of the SA that they will "rectify this" before delivery?

Kindly advice.
VBR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 09:26   #4003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
Hi All.

Is this the level of shoddy paint finish and quality that Jeep is providing? Has anyone faced similar issues?
Do I accept this car, with the assurance of the SA that they will "rectify this" before delivery?

Kindly advice.
Congrats on finalizing the Compass. I bought one from PPS early this year and noticed few issues during PDI, though not related to paint. Few panel gaps were there but not so much as in your photo. Their PDI is for name sake and they easily miss even the glaring ones, in my case slight misalignment of driver door.

Even a small element of doubt, better to go for different piece. When one is paying what they ask, we are entitled to what we want.
bullitt1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 10:28   #4004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
Hi All.

After a lot of thought process, and debate, I have zeroed in on the Jeep Compass Diesel 4x4. I come from driving a Ford Ecosport TDCi for 9 years now.

The car reached Bangalore today, and I visited PPS Motors stockyard for a PDI.
What is bothering me is the kind of paint finish, and quality the car is.
Attachment 2377416
Notice - the plastic ripping of near the glovebox.

Attachment 2377387Attachment 2377388
Notice - Poor Paint job at the rear door sills - paint has formed knots and appears to look like bubbles.

Attachment 2377418
Notice - driver side door sill - a portion of it is dull compared to the other glossy paint job.

Kindly advice.

Do not accept it. And also make sure that you fill in the chassis number of the car allotted to you yourself in the registration form. Take a photo of the filled form. Just incase the dealer changes the car allotted to you, and you can have a strong case to fight back if required.

They will never actually rectify the paint job. In trying so they will ruin the existing paint work. Their bodyshop department is competing to be as useless as their service department.
argchoff is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 14:26   #4005
BHPian

Jeep's instagram page says they're offering a maintenance package. Does anyone have any information on pricing, and if existing owners can apply for it?
sid3091 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks