Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2023, 11:59   #4111
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

As the confidence in the JEEP is increasing slowly, did a Mandwa- Kasid- Mandwa run last weekend.

the roads are bad in some patches.
The Jeep handled bad roads amazingly well and the ride was excellent

This has to be the strongest points of the JEEP in addition to the interior feel and quality.

Details available in my post below

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5477496 (My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home)
vinitbhavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 12:17   #4112

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
Got a year end surprise from Jeep India. I got a call from Landmark Andheri that there was some software update and 40 point check up being done by Jeep India and I should send my car for a couple of hours to the workshop. As we all know the 1.4 Petrol automatic is a little lethargic when building speed, but I don't know if its just me but it seems they must've done some remapping to the engine or gearbox because there is a marked improvement in acceleration since I got back my Jeep. Has anyone else felt the same.
I have noticed this as well with my 1.4 Petrol Auto. Ever since it came back from the free service camp the car feels quicker on low revs, I am guessing it's either as you said remapping the gearbox or they've done some remapping for the accelerator.
saketsomani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 12:56   #4113
BHPian

Hi Everyone. Need an urgent help. My brother's 3 week old Jeep compass petrol's was parked outside his office. At night when he tried to start the car, the steering wheel was locked and the console had a "service vehicle protection system" warning. The RSA was called and they have taken the car to service station for further diagnosis. Has anyone ever faced such an issue or can someone guide more on this?

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeep-compass-error.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 17th March 2023 at 04:59. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
Old 18th January 2023, 20:15   #4114
BHPian

I completed my 1 year "free" service today - although the free part is difficult to justify when I ended up paying close to ₹20k.

The service came with a software upgrade. Not much has changed in the UI but for some reason they have gone for marble-like texture for the background.
The bad part is that this always looks like the screen is muddy. Did no one at Jeep check this before giving go ahead for deployment?

Apart from this, the engine somehow feels smoother. (Not that it was bad earlier.) It may be due to some remapping/fine tunning or maybe just the oil change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
Has anyone ever faced such an issue or can someone guide more on this ?
When buying my Compass, I had extensively researched any problems. But I never saw this before. As its in warranty, Jeep will fix it.
Old 18th January 2023, 23:14   #4115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
I completed my 1 year "free" service today - although the free part is difficult to justify when I ended up paying close to ₹20k.
Why? Do you have the petrol or diesel variant?

I paid 12.5k for my 4x4 diesel automatic. The first service costs are well documented in this thread.
Old 18th January 2023, 23:48   #4116
BHPian

Jeep Compass Longitude 2022 : 1st year completed : 10300 km.

- 2nd Free Service at PPS Jeep (Electronics City, BLR)
- Labour was free. Bill came to ₹9500/-
- Charged for the recommended oil change, washer fluid top up, consumables, gaskets, oil and air filters, wheel alignment + balancing, Software update for the touch console and "eco wash" (no water used)

Observations after service.
- The touch interface UI seems slightly different - Slightly. (Icons a shade bigger ??)
- I was told the software update will also sort out the connectivity issues. (My Android Auto lost connection with my phone on the way home after the service, and recovered after a while)
- Yeah - there is less of that gears in a loose sack feel and sound. The gear changes seem smoother. The down shifts do not feel like I have to go back and pick up that gear from the road. Forgive the sarcasm, I ain't complaining!
- I had a dash cam, that was removed before service. Not hardwired, used the rear lighter socket. No questions.
- Jeep looks nice and clean, inside, and outside.
CLIX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 08:06   #4117
Senior - BHPian

Everyone with the software update who feel that the gear shifts have become smoother, are you driving the petrol or diesel variant? Till now, I have only seen Petrol owners making this comment.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 12:57   #4118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Everyone with the software update who feel that the gear shifts have become smoother, are you driving the petrol or diesel variant? Till now, I have only seen Petrol owners making this comment.
Mine is a Petrol variant.
CLIX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 20:05   #4119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
Hi All.

After a lot of thought process, and debate, I have zeroed in on the Jeep Compass Diesel 4x4. I come from driving a Ford Ecosport TDCi for 9 years now.

The car reached Bangalore today, and I visited PPS Motors stockyard for a PDI.

Kindly advice.
Hi VBR, I don't know if you have already picked up the car, but in my opinion, you must reject the car.

If you have already picked up the car, then write to Jeep and escalate. The factory has to rework them and send it back. I know it's not exactly easy to do that, and might be a tall order. At least they will know you mean business.

Lovely colour though!
kiredd1005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 22:23   #4120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Mine is the petrol automatic, but then again the diesel was always had more pulling power, the petrol felt a little underpowered, mainly because of the gearbox, which I think they have sorted it out to some degree
Old 20th January 2023, 22:55   #4121
BHPian

Does any one have experience with Michelin Primacy SUV tyres for Jeep Compass ? I currently run it with stock 225/55/18 setup. I’m downsizing to 17 inch due to my personal preference for a cushioned ride. Which tyre size would be perfect - 225/60/17 (OR) 235/55/17 (OR) 225/65/17 ?

Members with experience kindly suggest.
Harsha89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 00:23   #4122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Does any one have experience with Michelin Primacy SUV tyres for Jeep Compass ? I currently run it with stock 225/55/18 setup. I’m downsizing to 17 inch due to my personal preference for a cushioned ride. Which tyre size would be perfect - 225/60/17 (OR) 235/55/17 (OR) 225/65/17 ?

Members with experience kindly suggest.
The closest would be 225/60 R17. This size is available from many brands as well so you will have a choice.

Your overall gearing and speedometer will also have negligible change as compared to the original size.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 09:21   #4123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
The closest would be 225/60 R17.
Thank you for your suggestion. I decided not to change the alloys and went ahead with a tyre upsize to 235/55/R18. I chose the Michelin Latitude Sport 3. The ride has improved a lot and it’s now a lot better cushioned and silent as compared to the stock Bridgestone Turanza - which I feel are not very good. They became rock hard at around 22,000 km mark and kept losing pressure when vehicle was stationary. I still have not run-in the Michelins, but based on the initial experience, I’m glad I switched to a *much* better tyre, albeit an expensive one.
Old 22nd January 2023, 12:15   #4124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Thank you for your suggestion. I decided not to change the alloys and went ahead with a tyre upsize to 235/55/R18. I chose the Michelin Latitude Sport 3. The ride has improved a lot and it’s now a lot better cushioned and silent as compared to the stock Bridgestone Turanza - which I feel are not very good. They became rock hard at around 22,000 km mark and kept losing pressure when vehicle was stationary. I still have not run-in the Michelins, but based on the initial experience, I’m glad I switched to a *much* better tyre, albeit an expensive one.
Kindly do update on the performance once it's run a bit. Also the cost if you don't mind. I am considering the same for my Compass. Haven't got around to changing it just yet. Why I'm hesitant to change the tyres right away is because the rims are painted in black around the circumference where they would apply their tools and I did not want to spoil the new look. I'm quite sure the difference between Turanza and Michelins would be day and night, I am using Primacy 4 on my X1 that was changed from Turanzas. These are way more silent and refined. I would expect the same of the Latitudes as well.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 23:26   #4125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
Kindly do update on the performance once it's run a bit. Also the cost if you don't mind.
They cost me 25,000/- per tyre, with Alignment and balancing thrown in for free. Initial impressions - small potholes, cracks, road joints are barely felt. On smooth Tarmac the vehicle appears to literally float, such is the smoothness and lack of road noise. It’s too early to comment on braking and grip levels, but when going around bends, the vehicle appears more composed and is able to change directions in a more fluid manner - the vertical centre tread pattern with a lack of cris-crossing could contribute to this effect, maybe.

The compass has a firm suspension setup with limited travel, enabling its off-road nature - this Latitude Sport 3 with its soft compound, neutral-ish tread pattern and generous sidewall size helps offset some of the Compass’s low speed jiggly ride on rough surface and undulations. It feels soft enough at low speeds to not slow down too much and at the same time the high speed ride is very composed and not at all wallowy.

I was presented with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde costing ₹18,000/-, but I felt the compound was hard and the tread had a little bit of an aggressive pattern. I had a fear that it may not last as long as the Michelins. Interestingly, the Pirelli had a USP - Self seal lining provided on the inner surface which seals punctures on its own and minimises air leaks.

My next agenda is to remove the 80/120 km/hr speed buzzer, but I’m not really sure where to even start. FM with experience kindly provide inputs.

Last edited by Harsha89 : 22nd January 2023 at 23:28. Reason: Spelling mistake
Harsha89 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks