Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2017, 17:50   #436
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Just got an updated quotation from Jeep Dealer in Hyderabad. Here are the new on-road prices with updated GST and accessories included:
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-onroad.png  

pankajparikh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 00:55   #437

Here's the revised ex show room and on road price sheet from Landmark Jeep, Mumbai.

One question: what's your take on the bi-xenon HID headlamps? I changed my booking finally from the Diesel 2.0 MT to the Petrol 1.4 AT Limited but debated a lot with myself on the need for the bi-xenon HIDs (and therefore an upgrade to Limited Option) . While I decided not to go for the Limited Option, I did so with the idea that if I really needed the bi-xenons, I could probably go aftermarket and get it done instead of the extra 60k odd I'd have to pay for the Limited Option (subtracting the 14k for the dual tone roof I want) right now.

Plus, I was told while the lights are stronger, brighter and look good, they're more fragile in constitution and can blind the oncoming traffic- so I took the decision not to go for them for now.

Any idea what the set up for bixenon HIDs could cost aftermarket?
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot_20171007004417.png  

Old 7th October 2017, 09:58   #438
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Gaurav Singhal for sharing!

Quote:
I was surfing through the Jeep India site. They have published the ARAI mileage and power-related rpm figures for the Jeep Compass Petrol Automatic which is 14.1 km/l.
Jeep Compass : Official Review-camera_img_20171006_1915062140461273.jpg
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 12:03   #439
BHPian

The quoted ARAI is quite good given the engine specs and DDCT auto box. Hope it will give around 12 in real world mixed city + highway usage pattern. Having booked one, now waiting eagerly for the test drive and Team BHP review of the Petrol auto variant.
CoolFire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 16:10   #440
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
Hope it will give around 12 in real world mixed city + highway usage pattern.
Mixed city + highway FE is a dangerous way of stating any numbers as the proportion will differ. Someone can drive 70% on the highway & 30% in the city, and vice versa.

I always recommend sharing FE numbers separately for the city and highway.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 18:27   #441
BHPian

Looking to upgrade from Vento, evaluated Jeep Compass vs Skoda Octavia (I know they are different segments but still on the price range)

The following are the reasons where Jeep lost and finally chose Octavia

1. No automatic variant
2. No dual climate control
3. Very high turning radius, trust me its a pain, I also have an i20 where the turning radius is huge
4. Razor thin dealer network
5. A.S.S is a complete grey area, including an approximation on service costs
6. Always been a sedan guy (much more stable on the highways). My highway mileage is very high. We completed 1.5L on the Vento TDI in 6.5 years
7. DSG is proven as much better, so no point waiting for the automatic variant
evilshantanu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 18:42   #442
BHPian

Can anyone confirm as to how is the rear seat of Compass when compared to Ecosport. I thought Compass has about 2 inches more legroom however the width I thought is exactly the same.

Any views on this.

Also haven't heard of anyone taking delivery of Petrol AT variant. I thought the production started in September.

Last edited by damager21 : 8th October 2017 at 18:45.
Old 8th October 2017, 19:14   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
4. Razor thin dealer network
5. A.S.S is a complete grey area, including an approximation on service costs
6. Always been a sedan guy (much more stable on the highways). My highway mileage is very high. We completed 1.5L on the Vento TDI in 6.5 years
7. DSG is proven as much better, so no point waiting for the automatic variant
I can understand the features being deficient but that is common in the SUV Vs sedan of same price range.

Skoda is no Maruti or Hyundai. The after sales is much worse than Fiat . At least Fiat service is known to be honest and straight forward in warranty replacements. The thin dealer network won't matter because the cars are definitely more reliable than Skoda and I can see Fiat Jeep showrooms cropping up in smaller cities after the Jeep launch.Its a matter of time before the network spreads.

That Jeep Compass sells a lot more than the entire Skoda range is a testament to it.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 8th October 2017 at 19:21.
Ragavsr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 19:41   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Always been a sedan guy (much more stable on the highways). My highway mileage is very high. We completed 1.5L on the Vento TDI in 6.5 years
Hasn't the TBHP review of Compass talked about its rock solid stability in the highway? Some explanation about your experience would be useful.

How did you find the road manners of Vento compared to that of Compass? If you keep Octavia aside, did you find Compass a solid upgrade from Vento? Afterall the onroad price difference between Vento top end TDI and Compass base model is around 2.5 lakh.
Old 8th October 2017, 19:59   #445
Senior - BHPian

Mods, can you please update the Compass crash test results on the official review. Will help.

@evilshantanu, the Compass has dual zone climate control.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 08:00   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Mods, can you please update the Compass crash test results on the official review. Will help.

@evilshantanu, the Compass has dual zone climate control.

From what I know the made for India Compass hasn't been crash tested as of yet. The Euro spec that was tested sometime back comes with 70+ safety features, 8 airbags and autonomous braking which scored a perfect 5.
Old 9th October 2017, 09:10   #447
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looking to upgrade from Vento, evaluated Jeep Compass vs Skoda Octavia (I know they are different segments but still on the price range)

Congratulations! Different segment but quite logical to have these two come up as buying options. I assume you got the diesel Octavia.
The way I see it, some of the points you mentioned are quite even – from what I remember the Compass does have dual-zone climate control, ASC for Skoda is kind of ever-grey. But to ride on to your 6th point – the Compass has got loads of character and great driving dynamics, but the Octavia provide a much more sophisticated experience in that price range. Even the mid-variant (Style) of Octavia is more feature-loaded than the Limited (O) 4x2 Compass.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 09:41   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
I can understand the features being deficient but that is common in the SUV Vs sedan of same price range.

Well not entirely true. Even in SUV range let's compare it with XUV500. Apart from more features it undercuts Compass by a good couple of lacs too. Even Creta which misses on AWD has an automatic transmission.
Old 9th October 2017, 11:32   #449
Senior - BHPian

Jeep sold 2151 units of Compass in the month of September. Very impressive!
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 16:46   #450
BHPian

Just booked the Compass 4x4 Option at Thrissur, Kerala. They said that the front lower lip can be removed on request. Also recommended the orient insurance over mopar for vale for money (57k vs 91k). Fortunately they have a silver coming in stock, and we’re getting it next week.
di1in is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed