Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2017, 13:38   #481
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
But the tail lights seem to be of the sport / longitude variant.
Just had a relook at the website.

The vehicles spotted above in the AT trims matches the Longitude (O) option.

What makes it a Longitude (O)?

- Roof Rails
- Alloys of Longitude model
- Bigger touchscreen starting from Longitude (O)
- Non LED tail lamps which starts from Limited.

But as per earlier launch information - the AT does not come in Longitude (O), and the spyshots from Kerala clearly show the Limited badging. Now this is confusing!

Guess we need to wait till launch for more details.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 15:11   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
AT is available only on Sport and Limited variants, as per the brochure.
AT on Sport? I thought it was only on Limited and O. If it is available in Sport, or even in Longitude, I'd be jumping up with joy.

Last edited by civic-sense : 12th October 2017 at 15:13.
Old 12th October 2017, 15:37   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
Weird, my 10 lack Linea TJet Emotion has cruise control, front rain sensing wipers !
You forgot the Auto headlamp on feature. All these are on my Linea TJet and whatever others say, I would prefer all these three features in my next car as well.

Last edited by Vinodh_Gowda : 12th October 2017 at 15:38.
Old 12th October 2017, 16:44   #484
BHPian

Except for the cruise control, I do not rue the absence of other features ar all. Except for the foot on the accelerator pedal, all other functions do not require continuous input from the driver.

Automatic transmission, yes, but only if it is absolutely fool proof. While venturing out on an out station trip, I do not want concerns about reliability lurking at the back of my mind.
RedRaider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 16:44   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
AT on Sport? I thought it was only on Limited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Just had a relook at the website.
the spyshots from Kerala clearly show the Limited badging.
Still very confusing indeed. The website indicates AT in Petrol Limited variant only, whereas they had indicated both Sport and Limited during the launch event as you mentioned.

Screenshot from website is also not very well laid out / aligned. The 'Engine & Mechanical' drop-down indicates only Petrol engine info whereas the 'Engine' Drop-down indicates Diesel engine info and the transmission types available for each engine type.

Edit : Spoke to the SA and he said Sport Petrol will be Manual only and no AT variant expected. He said Petrol AT test drive vehicle should be available in next few days and launch around Diwali (as was reported earlier)
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeep-compass.jpg  

Last edited by uday.ere : 12th October 2017 at 16:46.
uday.ere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 18:04   #486
BHPian

Remember that Compass is being exported too. So it may not be surprising that they are offering the AT on Sport or Longitude variants in the international markets and those are the vehicles caught testing. But I hope that they have a change of heart/plans and offer the AT even on the Longitude variants, if not the Sport
aviraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 19:35   #487
BHPian

Are international variants might tested by ARA I ? This had an ARAI sticker and was being driven by an ARAI driver. Even spoke with the guy.
Old 12th October 2017, 19:43   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
Spotted a grey Compass petrol AT variant on the roads today.
Upon closer inspection, you can see steering-mounted buttons on the right side of the steering wheel rim.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-untitled.jpg

Whereas the top India-spec Limited (O) variant has blank buttons on the same spot.

Can't be the Trailhawk.

This is definitely an international variant of the Compass on test.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 08:19   #489
BHPian

A new bit of information that I got from the technician at Hyson Thrissur showroom, the limited and limited option vehicles have an extra speaker at the front.
di1in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 11:11   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
A new bit of information that I got from the technician at Hyson Thrissur showroom, the limited and limited option vehicles have an extra speaker at the front.
Great if that's the case! Did he also mention where is it mounted? (though since he said 'an extra speaker', I'd not expect any location other than top-center of the dashboard to be sensible).

I usually take any information about a vehicles 'features' provided by sales/service personnel with a sack-full of salt if it is not mentioned on the sales brochure as well. In this case though, it is relatively easy to evaluate if the technician is correct - if anyone has Limited / Limited (O) variants (or goes to the showroom to check one out), do remember to put your ear on the purported location of the speaker and we'd know!

Last edited by actinium15 : 13th October 2017 at 11:33.
Old 13th October 2017, 11:33   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by actinium15 View Post
Great if that's the case! Did he also mention where is it mounted? (though since he said 'an extra speaker', I'd not expect any location other than the center of the dashboard to be sensible).

I usually take any information about a vehicles 'features' provided by sales/service personnel with a sack-full of salt if it is not mentioned on the sales brochure as well. In this case though, it is relatively easy to evaluate if the technician is correct - if anyone has Limited / Limited (O) variants (or goes to the showroom to check one out), do remember to put your ear on the purported location of the speaker and we'd know!
The extra speakers are in the front part of the dashboard on both the left and right sides. They are pretty puny speakers. I had opened up that dashboard grill (to try to stop the rattle) and saw them in mine.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 14:53   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The extra speakers are in the front part of the dashboard on both the left and right sides. They are pretty puny speakers. I had opened up that dashboard grill (to try to stop the rattle) and saw them in mine.
Oh OK, thanks for sharing this information Behemoth. In that case, they'd be the tweeters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
After Behemoth's input I checked the Longitude and Limited variants' specs again - and it is listed that these variants have 6 speakers (same as what's mentioned in In-Car Entertainment section of team-bhp's Official Jeep Compass review). While I couldn't locate more details about those but it is fair to assume that four of them are door mounted mid-bass/co-axial units, and remaining two are dash mounted tweeters.

I had my hopes raised that the 'extra speaker' will be a center channel one

OT: I don't see the specs/mention of Longitude (O) on www.jeep-india.com/compass/specifications/... What gives?
Old 14th October 2017, 16:07   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

NDTV Auto has posted fresh pics of the Compass petrol AT.

Interestingly, the spotted AT is a Limited variant but wearing the Longitude variant's alloys (as seen before).

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeepcompasspetrol_827x620_41507810893.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeepcompasspetrolautomaticcabin_827x510_61507811232.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeepcompasspetrolautomatic_827x510_41507811166.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeepcompasspetrolautomatic_827x510_71507811275.jpg

Will Jeep India eventually offer the same Longitude alloys to it's Compass Limited AT petrol customers?
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 19:51   #494
BHPian

Interesting piece of info in the owners manual:
Auto mode in 4x4 balances traction to ensure acceleration improvement compared to a vehicle with two wheel drive. Additionally, on dry pavement under heavy throttle input (where one may have no wheel spin), torque will be sent to the rear in a preemptive effort to improve vehicle launch.

Anybody have information on the differences between the selelcterrain options like mud, sand and snow? The user manual has somewhat similar explanations for all three.

Selec-Terrain Switch
• SNOW: This mode allows you to have greater stability under conditions of bad weather. For use on and off road on surfaces with poor traction, such as roads covered with snow.
• SAND:For off-road driving or use on surfaces with poor traction, such as dry sand. The transmission is set to provide maximum traction.
• MUD: For off-road driving or use on surfaces with poor traction, such as roads covered by mud or wet grass.

Last edited by di1in : 14th October 2017 at 19:53.
Old 15th October 2017, 17:25   #495
BHPian

Can a jeep owner please confirm whether the indicator stalks are on the left or right for the India spec Compass

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks