Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2017, 14:16   #571
h14
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Took delivery of my Compass 4x2 Limited last evening in Coimbatore. The compass will be replacing my 2011 Linea.

The experience with SRT was excellent. Right from the test drive, to booking and delivery, everything was seamless and they delivered on promised date and time. Shall put up my ownership log in a while

Jeep Compass : Official Review-p_20171102_123640.jpg
h14 is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 15:23   #572
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Anandh Both Jeeps looks beautiful together.
Any reason why you didn't opt for the 4x4 variant?
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 15:47   #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Yes the Limited version with only a single beam projector Halogen does feel insufficient. The Longitude and Sport versions are better off with separate High low beam reflectors and bulbs. To solve this problem I upgraded my Limited version bulbs to LED bulbs and the light is substantially better now. You can find more details on my ownership thread.
I heard from the Landmark Jeep Mumbai guys that they are getting a lot of people calling in to enquire about the headlight strength issue on the Limited trims. The accessories guy I spoke to mentioned that they have white LEDs available in stock to replace the headlamps but not the DRLs. Obviously at an extra cost. And he also mentioned that it's not as big a deal as people want to make it sound to be, especially if you're a city dweller and have primarily intra-city drive requirements.

Wondering if there are similar complaints from even the Limited Option owners? Do the bi-xenons remove the issue altogether? Any feedback here?
Old 2nd November 2017, 16:37   #574
BHPian

I drive a black limited option. So paid the additional amount just for the front and rear lights. The xenons are good for both city and highway use. The cornering lamps or the fog lamps do come handy. Have no clue about the lumens but definitely worth it.
karthik_freaky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 16:50   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Or maybe Fiat wants to tell the prospective owners that the 140 HP is better suited in city+highway usage while the 170 bhp is more highway friendly? We must not conclude everything just by looking at 0-100 timings as we almost never indulge in it.
Ignore this post. I thought we were comparing 2.0 MJD in 140 bhp and 170 bhp tune. Regarding the 2.0 MJD 170 bhp and 1.4 Multi air 160 bhp comparison its quite evident that the MJD would be more effortless in all situations with better drive-ability while the multi air would be more rewarding when driven flat out but we will have to keep the revvs higher.
Old 2nd November 2017, 22:01   #576
BHPian

Just returning from a 320 kms. drive of which 50 kms. were over some of the worst roads , no, make that THE worst roads I have driven in my life. The bottom rubber portion of the front fender did scrape at some points , but I have come back home very happy with the abilities of the Compass in tackling these surfaces. No squeaks or rattles even in the rough. Excellent driveability.

Last edited by RedRaider : 2nd November 2017 at 22:11.
RedRaider is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 07:31   #577
BHPian

Was practically in the s cross thread, hoping to replace my 1.3 with the facelifted 1.6 / 1.4 boosterjet, if it was available. Now I am looking for a car in the 15-20L price range to replace my 1.3 S cross next year. No "features" can replace the feel of a powerful car. The Figo is currently my ride that satisfies the enthusiast in me. However the small seats, dicey dynamics, the small size and the current zero star rating are not reassuring.

I am currently looking at the Sport / Longitude variants of the compass. I don't need cruise control or bixenon projectors or automatic headlamps / wipers. I sure will be missing 6 airbags, 7 inch screen and leather seats. Going for a TD this weekend. Contemplating on stretching my budget and waiting for the diesel automatic.

Now I have a new thread to follow closely
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 11:57   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Was practically in the s cross thread, hoping to replace my 1.3 with the facelifted 1.6 / 1.4 boosterjet, if it was available. Now I am looking for a car in the 15-20L price range to replace my 1.3 S cross next year.
1.6 is indeed a sad omission from the s cross facelift. But that's a topic for a different thread. I would put my money on any big Fiat MJD purely because the 1.6 has been pure gold for me. Compass diesel will defnitely not dissapoint. But i am not sure any car south of 20L can match the handling and stability of S Cross. I will reserve my final judgement till i have test driven the compass this coming weekend though.

All things said, the compass is the only logical upgrade for an S Cross. There literally is no other car that qualifies unless of course, there is unlimted budget.
Old 3rd November 2017, 14:40   #579
BHPian

Got 6.9 L/ 100km. for yesterday's ride. 14.49 kms. per liter. Good fuel economy. Steady riding at 85 to 95 kmph ( have set the speed warning at 95 kmph in the instrument cluster display ) for the most part except for the worse roads as mentioned in my earlier post ( no. 576 ). Should be able to extend to 17 to 18 kmpl on better roads and running in of the engine.

On another note, is it only me who feels that the sturdiness of the Compass does not extend to the roof ?

Last edited by RedRaider : 3rd November 2017 at 15:01. Reason: Additional info added.
Old 3rd November 2017, 16:37   #580
Senior - BHPian

First drive report of Petrol AT from car and bike (SVP) here.

Quoting from the article :

Quote:

Jeep Compass petrol comes with a 7-speed DDCT automatic transmission

The petrol and diesel look identical of course. And the same holds true for the interior save for the auto gearshift! That petrol auto is only available in the higher specs is a bit odd - I'd have gone with an auto for the Limited (O) and one with a Longitude trim. But even so, the car is still reasonably attractively priced at ₹ 19.67 lakh for the Limited (O), and ₹ 18.96 lakh for the Limited variant (both prices ex-showroom Delhi). With it you get all the goodies including the touchscreen with Apple CarPlay / Android Auto, the near-white premium looking seats, and the climate control.

There have been many of you asking me why Jeep hasn't launched a diesel automatic. Quite simple really - the diesel auto wasn't planned for at the start since most diesel markets don't have a huge demand for one, India included. Yes, here that's starting to change, but with a lack of clarity on policy with regard to diesel engines, going forward the development cost of bringing a diesel auto is not justifiable. Luckily the fact that you get an efficient and well-engineered petrol auto is good though - as it would have been a big miss not to offer automatic at all. (Did someone say Captur?!)
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 17:55   #581
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Called for the Compass Petrol DCT for our review. Beautiful colour; with the black roof, she looks smashing. Taking her out on the highway tomorrow. Can't wait to enjoy her high speed behaviour, and also get to know the petrol + DCT better.

Omkar had a short spin and said the petrol isn't as impressive as the diesel.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-capture.jpg
GTO is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 18:04   #582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Called for the Compass Petrol DCT for our review. Beautiful colour; with the black roof, she looks smashing. Taking her out on the highway tomorrow. Can't wait to enjoy her high speed behaviour, and also get to know the petrol + DCT better.

Omkar had a short spin and said the petrol isn't as impressive as the diesel.

Attachment 1692103
Looks Good parked in your Driveway! Hope it becomes a permanent addition to your garage!
My wife also loved the Red colour so much that she wanted to change our Silver booking to Red, but I held my ground on Silver. But now I am also impressed with Red (especially with the Black Colour Roof).
Enjoy!

Last edited by Behemoth : 3rd November 2017 at 18:05.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 19:08   #583
BHPian

Am hearing some news that the Jeep K4 ( Cherokee ) is under consideration for an India launch. Alternately, a 7 seater extended version of the Compass.
Old 3rd November 2017, 22:13   #584
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Looks Good parked in your Driveway! Hope it becomes a permanent addition to your garage!
Thanks! But right now, I frankly have more cars than I need man .

Quote:
My wife also loved the Red colour so much that she wanted to change our Silver booking to Red, but I held my ground on Silver. But now I am also impressed with Red (especially with the Black Colour Roof).
For once, I'll agree with the wife. Trust me, the red looks smoking hot in person. Just suits the Jeep Compass (in the same way that red suits the vRS & Mini Cooper). Few cars can carry off red well, the Jeep does it fantastically.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 07:30   #585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hope we can expect a quick first impressions review. .

Dual Clutches seem to be a tricky proposition especially for India. VW DSGs are plagued with issues. Ford has almost stopped using the DCT across different markets ( was surprised to see they are pulling it out of the Ecosport also in India). In such a scenario interesting to see Jeep bringing it in.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks