Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2018, 17:07   #841
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
I took the JC for 5k service, general check-up, fixes like dashboard right corner minimal rattle sound, rear mud flop fixing properly, good wash..thats all(I have interacted with Rafeeq). I have skipped for balancing and alignment, have to do it on my own this weekend.

Also got an SMS saying they moved to new location Mahadevpura, Bangalore, Now we have two big premises for service here which is good.
I would not recommend wheel alignment being done outside as very few alignment centres would have the correct alignment values for the Compass yet as it is a new car. Balancing should be ok even outside.
Old 13th February 2018, 18:32   #842
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I would not recommend wheel alignment being done outside as very few alignment centres would have the correct alignment values for the Compass yet as it is a new car. Balancing should be ok even outside.
Imm, I was also in confusion, to trust outside folks or service ppl, both are new

Probably try with new service center in Mahadevpura..Any idea how much they charge?
Old 13th February 2018, 18:45   #843
Team-BHP Support

Unless there is an uneven tyre wear, alignment is not required at 5,000 kms. At best a wheel balancing is enough and can push the alignment to 8-10,000 km mark. Since you are in BLR, do check with Madhu's usually they have all the required data on their machines.
Jaggu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 22:32   #844
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Imm, I was also in confusion, to trust outside folks or service ppl, both are new

Probably try with new service center in Mahadevpura..Any idea how much they charge?
The Jeep guys charged me 2000 Inr for Alignment and Balancing and IIRC 1500 out of that was for alignment.
Old 13th February 2018, 23:17   #845
BHPian

My friend is looking at buying the new grey compass LIMITED and he says Chennai RDC is offering a discount of Rs 30,000. I am quite surprised as it's a new car and selling well. Anyone else getting discounts out there?
Old 14th February 2018, 05:54   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_freaky View Post
My friend is looking at buying the new grey compass LIMITED and he says Chennai RDC is offering a discount of Rs 30,000. I am quite surprised as it's a new car and selling well. Anyone else getting discounts out there?
They are offering discounts of upto 50,000 on unsold 2017 inventory. The 2018 manufactured ones do not get any discounts as far as I know.
Old 14th February 2018, 09:55   #847
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The Jeep guys charged me 2000 Inr for Alignment and Balancing and IIRC 1500 out of that was for alignment.
That is weird! In my 5000kms service I did the alignment and opted out of balancing as I felt the balancing to be perfect. I was charged Rs.425 for alignment. I did my service at True Sai in Salem. Where did you do the service? Wonder why they charged you 4 times the cost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_freaky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
They are offering discounts of upto 50,000 on unsold 2017 inventory. The 2018 manufactured ones do not get any discounts as far as I know.
I belive it more due to the competetion between RDC and Ramkay that they both are offering some discounts. Good time I suppose for Chennai buyers

Last edited by h14 : 14th February 2018 at 09:57.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 10:21   #848
BHPian

Quote:

The dealer did not recommend wheel balancing & alignment to me, during the first service & the first service cost was 'zero'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Unless there is an uneven tyre wear, alignment is not required at 5,000 kms. At best a wheel balancing is enough and can push the alignment to 8-10,000 km mark. Since you are in BLR, do check with Madhu's usually they have all the required data on their machines.
I agree with the interval which you have mentioned for alignment. I got my balancing & alignment done after crossing 8000Kms from Madhu's in Dec'17. They have the data required for Jeep compass alignment in their system. They charged me INR 1180 for Wheel balancing, Alignment & Nitrogen filling on all tyres.
Old 14th February 2018, 10:32   #849
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnuk View Post
The dealer did not recommend wheel balancing & alignment to me, during the first service & the first service cost was 'zero'
As per the manual the alignment is recommended every 5000 kms. Skipping that 'might' play spoilsport for future warranty claims if any. That is the reason I had to do! I would recommend reading the manual and ensuring the service center sticks to that when we head out to the service to avoid headaches in the future for any claims.
Old 14th February 2018, 11:05   #850
BHPian

Hi

If the alignment is mentioned in the manual then is it necessary to get this done at the authorized Jeep workshop. Alignment can be done at other places too and the alignment record can be kept as proff in case of any claims.

Is this understanding correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
As per the manual the alignment is recommended every 5000 kms. Skipping that 'might' play spoilsport for future warranty claims if any. That is the reason I had to do! I would recommend reading the manual and ensuring the service center sticks to that when we head out to the service to avoid headaches in the future for any claims.
Old 14th February 2018, 12:00   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post

Agreed you got read the manual, I have read it & would look at it from a slightly different perspective.

There are so many things which are supposed to be checked in the first service as per the maintenance plan, however the service invoice which is given after the first service only mentions "5000Kms interval service" & no other comments, which implies that the service station has carried out all the checks as per the manual required for that service. So if and when I do have a claim, they cannot reject it.

Also as per the manual, wheel alignment and balancing are not covered under warranty. So even if you did it at the service station, no warranty claims would be accepted on it. So you are pretty much free to do it from a reliable place and that is why I did it at Madhu's.

Last edited by Vishnuk : 14th February 2018 at 12:02. Reason: Typo
Old 15th February 2018, 19:30   #852
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass : Official Review

The Jeep Trails moves to Punjab.

https://jeeptrails.in/JEEP_River_Trails_Punjab.aspx
Old 18th February 2018, 23:01   #853
Senior - BHPian

Continuing my Series - moving to Part 5: Jeep Compass Delivered - The Conclusion

For earlier related posts, refer to : URL

My Uncle took delivery of the Jeep Compass 4x2 Limited from KHT Prime, Domlur. The experience was good compared to what we had expected. After we told them that we are getting the Insurance from outside, they worked out a Zero Dep Insurance from Liberty Videocon at approx. 52K and this does have a cashless tie up with Jeep Workshops in Bangalore. They delivered the vehicle as per the promised date. My Uncle called out that the delivery procedure was eventless. The RM was not there but had delegated the work to his deputy who handed over the vehicle and the paperwork without much fanfare. No Cake, No bouquets, No Chocolates

When asked, it seems the person doing the delivery clearly called out that they don't have any of those and its only brands like Hyundai etc. who do this. I was unable to be present at the event due to some other personal work. However, my Uncle did drive over to my place and I did grab some pictures of the Blue Beauty.

As for the remaining portion of this post, I will let the Visuals do the talking.

Note: All pictures taken using Honor View 10 Mobile Phone

Jeep Compass : Official Review-01.jpg
My Uncle arrives with his Brand New Jeep Compass

Jeep Compass : Official Review-02.jpg
The Stack of Cars - the Ciaz Parked next, and my Red Ignis visible on the right

Jeep Compass : Official Review-03.jpg
Jeep Shining away despite the Black Audi next to it

Jeep Compass : Official Review-04.jpg
Sun rays shimmering on the Blue color

Jeep Compass : Official Review-05.jpg
The Alloys with Firestone Tires

Jeep Compass : Official Review-06.jpg
Front View

Jeep Compass : Official Review-07.jpg
Side Profile

Jeep Compass : Official Review-08.jpg
Nitrogen Filling at Tyre Professionals, Bangalore
NOTE: I checked the Tire Pressure and it was over inflated at 46 PSI on each tire.
We headed over to Tyre Professionals and deflated the tires completely and got it filled with Nitrogen

Jeep Compass : Official Review-09.jpg
Rear View

Jeep Compass : Official Review-10.jpg
Bokeh effect

Jeep Compass : Official Review-11.jpg
Parked at home

Jeep Compass : Official Review-12.jpg
Top View

Jeep Compass : Official Review-13.jpg
Pooja Time, Ganesha Temple at Netkalappa Circle

Jeep Compass : Official Review-14.jpg
Arati Time

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 18th February 2018 at 23:07.
vsrivatsa is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 14:40   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

My Uncle took delivery of the Jeep Compass 4x2 Limited from KHT Prime, Domlur...

...I was unable to be present at the event due to some other personal work. However, my Uncle did drive over to my place and I did grab some pictures of the Blue Beauty.
The Blue Compass looks out of this world.

Sadly,there seems to be low allocations in India for this color(as per my Sales Advisor).I have booked a couple of weeks back and am patiently waiting

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th March 2018 at 20:20. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for improved readability
joy_swift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 18:20   #855
h14
BHPian

10,000 kms update

Crossed the 10k mark last night. Should have come in earlier if not for some official trips which deprived me of a couple of home runs. Nevertheless, the 10k mark came up in 104 days

Jeep Compass : Official Review-10k.jpg

City FE has improved since the 5k mark. This is what I'm getting consistently in Bangalore conditions.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-citystats.jpg

Highway numbers all depend on how heavy my right foot is. These are stats from last weekend which includes some city driving too

Jeep Compass : Official Review-tripstats.jpg

My fuel log for the 10,000 kms.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-drivvo.jpg

Got some small add-ons from ali-xpress.

The bootstap:

Jeep Compass : Official Review-bootstrap.jpg

A simple but extremely useful tool. Grips onto the objects and one just needs to stick the velcrove side to the soft area in the boot. Had a 10litre can with water fully filled and it never moved in the entire 350odd km trip in varying conditions.

Some chrome bits for the keyhole and light switch:

Jeep Compass : Official Review-somechrome.jpg

A JEEP on the boot!

Jeep Compass : Official Review-lowbonnet.jpg

Some pictures of the Snowman from the lens of BHP'ian Doc_nikhil!

Jeep Compass : Official Review-1941.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-fronton.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-thegrille.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-thenose.jpg

Last edited by h14 : 19th February 2018 at 18:21.
h14 is offline   (20) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks