Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2018, 21:46   #886
BHPian

Today I got a quotation from my local jeep dealer and the prices he gave me was 19.55 and 20.27 ex showroom for limited and limited (o) respectively.

While discussing the difference between the two variant - the sales rep told me that the only difference between the two variants is halogen projectors VS bi xenon projectors and the (o) variant will come with a black roof!!!

Isn't the price difference a bit too much just for headlamps and black roof?

Or am I missing something here?
Old 8th March 2018, 23:23   #887
h14
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Isn't the price difference a bit too much just for headlamps and black roof?
Or am I missing something here?
That is how it has always been. Nothing incorrect in what your dealer has said/quoted.
Old 9th March 2018, 14:13   #888
BHPian

Thanks to you guys, I took my Compass to RDC Chennai. They were not aware of the update but when they plugged the laptop, the ECU update started. Will drive for a couple of days and give feedback. Cheers.
Old 9th March 2018, 19:35   #889
BHPian

Hi Bhpians!
Has anyone installed any accessories in their Compass? Some suggestions and their shop/website would be great.
Old 9th March 2018, 22:39   #890
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vats View Post
Hi Bhpians!
Has anyone installed any accessories in their Compass? Some suggestions and their shop/website would be great.
I have only so far installed 3d mats from Elegant which I got from Amazon for around 6200 and Philips HIR bulbs ordered from Amazon US. There is another website autoglam.in on which I could find some accessories for the Compass at a decent price (though I have not bought anything from them yet)
I had also initially installed LED bulbs from the dealer but the light beam was utterly useless so I removed them. Later on I went for Philips Xtremevision and then onto Philips HIR which are at least 50% better than the stock bulbs. I do want HIDs (Morimotos) but I am wary of Jeep not honouring warranty in case anything goes wrong.
When at the service station recently I saw that they were offering LED DRLs with integrated turning lights which looked cool for 13k (but I did not like the quality too much) and also rear LED foglights for 4k.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 08:57   #891
BHPian

Update on ICE:

I have been using stock ICE, but using the lossless music format (.FLAC, .WAV or .AIFF) , Sound quality is much better. Each song would consume around 100 MB.

Also I'm using 128 GB, USB drive, After first indexing it reads quickly next time onwards.
TopSpeeder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 13:44   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
I have been using stock ICE, but using the lossless music format (.FLAC, .WAV or .AIFF) , Sound quality is much better. Each song would consume around 100 MB.

OT : where do you source your lossless music from? I've been trying to get some for my home theatre (managed to get pink floyd and it sounds infinitely better)

Surprised that stock ICE is capable of playing these formats.

Last edited by ampere : 13th March 2018 at 14:01. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 13th March 2018, 21:53   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
OT : where do you source your lossless music from? I've been trying to get some for my home theatre (managed to get pink floyd and it sounds infinitely better)
I have been using the song from this website, they do have 24Bit ones
www.tamilhdaudio.com
They do have for Tamil/Hindi/Telugu/Malayalam.
Mods:I'm not linked to this company in any way.
TopSpeeder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 14:10   #894
h14
BHPian

The odo is closing in on the 13k mark. As always the compass has been munching miles happily!

Jeep Compass : Official Review-p_20180311_214609_vhdr_auto.jpg

Did BLR-Thoothukudi-BLR few weeks back. Almost all sort of conditions in this trip and the compass was fabulous to say the least.

Full Trip Stats (includes city driving in Thoothukudi, Dindigul and BLR)

Jeep Compass : Official Review-p_20180304_200345_vhdr_auto.jpg

Getting blessed before the drive

Jeep Compass : Official Review-p_20180303_071204_vhdr_auto.jpg

Somewhere on the highway near Namakkal

Jeep Compass : Official Review-p_20180303_115049_vhdr_auto.jpg

Visited Bharathiyar's residence enroute.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-p_20180303_150708_vhdr_auto.jpg

On the return drive

Jeep Compass : Official Review-p_20180304_111449_vhdr_auto.jpg

The following week, visited True Sai to get the map update done. Hardly 15min job and hence managed to get their help to hard wire the dash cam too. I had got the kit long back and it was lying in the glove box. So got both these works done in this visit.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-p_20180307_160233_vhdr_auto.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-p_20180307_161842_vhdr_auto.jpg

Did not find any drastic difference in highway performance and efficiency, but it's too early to comment. Maybe after a couple of home runs I should have some info on the same. But the city driveability has certainly improved. Especially on gear 2.
Finally allocated some time off the road to get the ICE upgrade done. Carried on all the stuff from the Linea except the wiring which was the new investment this time.

So now running the below setup on the stock HU:
Morel Tempo Ultra Components
Auditor Co-axials
Cerwin Vega 4 channel amp
Focal 12" sub.

Loaded before the install

Jeep Compass : Official Review-p_20180308_094912_vhdr_auto.jpg

Sub doesn't eat a lot of space. Hopefully I can live with this.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-p_20180313_172648_vhdr_auto.jpg

Tweeters on the A-pillar

Jeep Compass : Official Review-p_20180313_172620_vhdr_auto.jpg
h14 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 10:51   #895
BHPian

Completed 15k on my Compass and it went for the second 'free' service sometime back. The PCM reprogram was also done during that service. Not been able to notice any significant improvement in performance post the update, except for reduction in engine noise during cold starts. Have not ridden it on the highway after the update, so probably the improvements would show up during that time.

Copy of the 15k service invoice:
Jeep Compass : Official Review-2nd-service.jpg

This is the maintenance plan recommended by Jeep, so I expect the regular scheduled service cost to hover around INR 10- 20K as all the parts / consumables which were replaced in this service are expected to be replaced at every service after this. Probably the 75k service will be a bit more expensive, as the timing belt kit will have to be replaced.
Jeep Compass : Official Review-mlog1.jpg
Jeep Compass : Official Review-mlog2.jpg
Jeep Compass : Official Review-mlog3.jpg
Vishnuk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 11:14   #896
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnuk View Post
Completed 15k on my Compass and it went for the second 'free' service sometime back.
Thanks for the details. I will be heading for service in another month maybe. I personally feel the diesel filter change at 15k kms is an overkill. The fiat multijet's had the same too and post warranty I was sticking to 30k interval for the fuel filter and planning the same for my compass too!

Where did you get your service done? Will be interesting to note if any cost variations are there between cities
Old 16th March 2018, 10:49   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
I personally feel the diesel filter change at 15k kms is an overkill. The fiat multijet's had the same too and post warranty I was sticking to 30k interval for the fuel filter and planning the same for my compass too!

Where did you get your service done? Will be interesting to note if any cost variations are there between cities
By the time, it finishes the 3 year warranty, I would have probably completed another 5/6 services & I am planning to take the extended warranty, as and when they announce it. So I will just stick to the suggested replacements

This service was done at KHT Prime's service station in Yeswantpur, Bangalore. First service was done at Coimbatore though it was a zero invoice one, was not very satisfied with it. I find KHT to be more responsive, than the Coimbatore service station.
Vishnuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 12:25   #898
BHPian

Anybody here bought the petrol AT and unhappy with the car? And anybody seen/driventhe petrol MT? The dealership does not have one for test drive.

I have a renewed interest in the petrol variant after smelling some diesel fumes.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 10:13   #899
BHPian

Jeep compass trailhawk bookings open
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...gs-open-407793

I am checking with the dealer for confirmation

Last edited by Acelerar : 20th March 2018 at 10:19.
Old 20th March 2018, 11:20   #900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Anybody here bought the petrol AT and unhappy with the car? And anybody seen/driventhe petrol MT? The dealership does not have one for test drive.

I have a renewed interest in the petrol variant after smelling some diesel fumes.
+1 to this. I'm also looking for a basic but safe petrol manual SUV for mostly chauffeur-driven city use.

Creta, Ecosport are the 'mind' contenders but the 'heart' is hankering after a manual petrol Compass in red. :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks