Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2018, 10:21   #1036
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Just heard from a Sales guy in Bangalore that Jeep is considering adding a sunroof, cruise control, powered seats and all black interiors to their top spec model.

He also said that the Trailhawk will be available only in 2019. Hope it is wrong information. :
Test drove the Diesel 4x4 yesterday. KHT Domlur sales person said only Trailhawk is coming in automatic (not the normal Limited), and expected to have the features you mentioned at about 30 OTR Bangalore. But, he guessed at a July 2018 launch. He also mentioned that we can buy the current models and get cruise control like features added later. First I chalked it down to ignorance, but some Googling showed that it is actually something available from MoPar dealers in the US. After market, but OEM cruise control kits!

I loved the 4x4 but definitely not interested in the Trailhawk. Wish it launches in Limited Automatic trim too, and then my decision for the new car will get tougher! Other contender right now is the newly launched Hyundai Creta 2018 which has unfortunately a "crippled" automatic variant!

Last edited by adroit_91 : 4th June 2018 at 10:21. Reason: grammar
adroit_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 21:17   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
KHT Domlur sales person said only Trailhawk is coming in automatic (not the normal Limited), and expected to have the features you mentioned at about 30 OTR Bangalore.

Bangalore on road price for Limited 4x4 (O) is 27.75L. Wondering how would they launch the Trailhawk with 9 speed gearbox, 4x4 low range and all the features @ 30 OTR.
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 10:02   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Test drove the Diesel 4x4 yesterday. KHT Domlur sales person said only Trailhawk is coming in automatic (not the normal Limited), and expected to have ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Bangalore on road price for Limited 4x4 (O) is 27.75L. Wondering how would they launch the Trailhawk with 9 speed gearbox, 4x4 low range and all the features @ 30 OTR.
I had pre-booked Compass trailhawk in April with expected launch in July. Unfortunately, it wont be coming until year end or beginning of 2019 and hence I have requested for the refund. It is true that Jeep is launching diesel limited + variant with powered seat and sun roof but it will continue with manual shift.
Acelerar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 14:34   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
It is true that Jeep is launching diesel limited + variant with powered seat and sun roof but it will continue with manual shift.

Yes as per my discussion with the sales team of KHT they did mention this. In addition to what you have mentioned, it is likely to get cruise control and all Black interiors as well.

I also broke the news of the Trailhawk being delayed to 2019 on 2nd June on the same thread.#1031.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 5th June 2018 at 14:35.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 14:41   #1040
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes as per my discussion with the sales team of KHT they did mention this. In addition to what you have mentioned, it is likely to get cruise control and all Black interiors as well.
That’s wonderful – it will make the Compass a more complete package, the way it was supposed to be from day 1. I assume (with the cruise control) the eyesore dummy buttons also will go off finally.
Old 5th June 2018, 15:55   #1041
BHPian

So much confusion on what Jeep are planning to do with the car. No specific plan laid out. Really surprised if they have actually delayed the launch of the trailhawk.
Old 8th June 2018, 08:05   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass : Official Review

So here is a similar offer to the April one.

You can now upgrade to 4*4 by paying 75k more than the Limited 4*2. This is for the 2018 produced SUVs.

Advertised in the TOI as the Upgrade to Wilder Monsoon offer.

Apologies unable to upload the advertisement as I am getting a security failed error.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 10:07   #1043
BHPian

Here goes the ad. Hope it is stock clearing before automatic launch!
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-779106a5ba4141959dabb1129080dee9.png  

Old 8th June 2018, 12:43   #1044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here goes the ad. Hope it is stock clearing before automatic launch!

Thanks.

Jeep Compass sales are down 20% month on month between April and May. Jeep could be reacting to the decline. They sold only 1500 units in May.

If Jeep keeps delaying the diesel automatic, I see them heading for sub 1k numbers in the next 2-4 months.

Apart from the Trailhawk, they really need a diesel Auto from the Longitude trim upwards or at least on the Limited upwards.

There is a clear shift in demand for automatics. The longer they wait the more they will struggle.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 13:02   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

Jeep Compass sales are down 20% month on month between April and May. Jeep could be reacting to the decline. They sold only 1500 units in May.
Jeep Compass downward trends should not be surprising anymore. The vehicle is let down with very poor headlamps (only a day time vehicle), inconsistent quality - issues in very new vehicles (leaks oil through seals, unfixable rattles, poor quality tires), inconsistent After Sales Service (every service station charges a different amount for same service. same service station charges different amount to different customers for same service), inconsistent pre sales and delivery experiences (you could be treated like a king or a drug dealer). Good looks and an iconic brand can only take you so far.

The brands who are doing well in comparison have consistent quality (at whatever level they operate) and largely consistent ASS.
Old 8th June 2018, 14:40   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
... inconsistent After Sales Service (every service station charges a different amount for same service. same service station charges different amount to different customers for same service), inconsistent pre sales and delivery experiences (you could be treated like a king or a drug dealer)...

Can you share the source of this information? About service station charging differently? And poor delivery experiences?
Old 8th June 2018, 15:17   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Can you share the source of this information? About service station charging differently? And poor delivery experiences?
Most of these are personal experiences. And then interactions with fellow customers, comparing rates of same services across the country, or quotes of standard service from different dealers. Comparing my delivery pics (which were one big blur) with other people's and visualizing how the preceding events would have unfolded.

And of course, I am not talking about rate variations that could be due to different tax structure. These seem to be more due to which side of bed the person woke up from.

Has your source of information on these aspects painted a different picture?
Old 8th June 2018, 16:33   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
Has your source of information on these aspects painted a different picture?

When I talked to the existing customers and searched on net, I did not find such issues. Even my delivery experience was quite nice.
I could see 1 or 2 negative posts that were posted only by you.

Are you an owner of the compass? Can you please share in details the issues that you have faced? Or in case you have already shared them, can you please share the link of the post?
Also, please do mention the dealer names and details of the difference in service costs that you were quoted to you.
Old 8th June 2018, 18:12   #1049
BHPian

Their customer service definitely has improved (forced to improve ?) with the falling sales. I am dealing with KHT Prime Domlur for a long time now. I had registered for a test drive when they visited our office for a demo. Nothing happened. I visited their showroom and gave my details during the first month. No call back for months. I visited again recently for another test drive and now I am getting calls every day. I like the car for what it is. I have been in two minds because of my preference (need) for diesel automatic. Finally thought will take the plunge as the expected price for trailhawk is a little too high for me. Would be good to get some information on how soon it's expected ( if at all there is going to be a non trailhawk auto) and how much more it would cost. In general, is it a good time to go for it or should I wait? I'm about to be in the midlife crisis zone and my daily commute time is around 2hrs on a good day for return distance of 20 KMS. Mind you it's on a good day.
Old 8th June 2018, 18:27   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

There is a clear shift in demand for automatics. The longer they wait the more they will struggle.
I think XUV 500 facelift and Creta facelift also added to the lower sales figures of Jeep Compass. However, delay in launch of Diesel Automatic can't be negated. To keep up with the new launches and products, one needs to keep adding variants and features with a tight timeline(Learn from Maruti Suzuki,VW).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks