Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2018, 05:44   #1081
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

The billboard is surely eye catching on the highway. It stands out.

But this is not the first by Jeep Compass. If Iam not wrong, at the very same spot there was TATA INDiCOM earlier.
LoneWolf9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 09:41   #1082
BHPian

Hi,
Does the parking light turn off automatically when the vehicle is in locked state. In my compass it does not turn off even after 15 mins. Is there any setting that needs to be programmed for this? The head lights do turn off after some delay automatically, but when only parking lights are on, it does not turn off.
Old 4th July 2018, 09:59   #1083
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Hi,
Does the parking light turn off automatically when the vehicle is in locked state. In my compass it does not turn off even after 15 mins. Is there any setting that needs to be programmed for this? The head lights do turn off after some delay automatically, but when only parking lights are on, it does not turn off.
No the parking light will not turn off automatically if it is on from the headlight knob (1st stop). This is a safety feature so that you can leave your parking lights on when you leave the car parked on a dark road. There is also a chime reminder if your parking lights are on and you exit the car. You need to turn the knob to switch the lights off.
If the headlight knob is in headlight on position (2nd stop) all the lights will switch off automatically when you exit.

Last edited by Behemoth : 4th July 2018 at 10:03.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 10:42   #1084
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
If the headlight knob is in headlight on position (2nd stop) all the lights will switch off automatically when you exit.
To add on to what Behemoth said, the headlights lights off delay is customisable from the U-Connect settings.

Last edited by h14 : 4th July 2018 at 10:44.
Old 4th July 2018, 12:07   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
There is also a chime reminder if your parking lights are on and you exit the car. You need to turn the knob to switch the lights off.
Does this actually work? It does not happen on my car (Petrol AT), though the Lights On reminder chime is mentioned in the User Manual.

When I pointed this out during the first service, they said that the feature is not there, and that the user manual is in error.

I'd be curious to know if the Lights On reminder chime works for other people...
Old 4th July 2018, 14:01   #1086
BHPian

I have also not heard this chime reminder in my Limited variant. Let me check again though.
Old 4th July 2018, 14:47   #1087
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
I have also not heard this chime reminder in my Limited variant. Let me check again though.
It is more like a single "ding" and there is a message displayed in MID when you stop the engine and the knob is on parking lights position. Check the car settings in the Uconnect system for lights (when stationary) - it could be off there.
Old 7th July 2018, 04:26   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Is it true that 2018 Jeep Compass is 40kg lighter than the earlier version? A sales representative at a shopping mall(for display) told me this. He pointed out that the bonnet is lighter in the newer model. I didn't believe his version, though.

Have anyone got similar information? Seeing what Ford, Suzuki is doing to Indian specific models, I think it is possible for Indian specific Compass to be lighter.
Old 8th July 2018, 21:18   #1089
BHPian

Recently upgraded lights of my Jeep Compass. I purposely did not wanted to upgrade to HID or LED so gone with halogen bulbs. I ordered the bulbs from AMAZON US and my friend picked it up from while he was in US. I see 50% improvement in lights. I have used hi / low beam I have used crystal vision ultra (white bright lights) from Philips 9005 - CVB 2 and for fog lamps I used X-treme Vision H11 bulbs .

Below are some pictures

Jeep Compass : Official Review-1149077d6d13461685999ee636eb2947.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_9363.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_9364.jpg  

Last edited by sameerpb : 8th July 2018 at 21:20.
Old 9th July 2018, 13:35   #1090
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Have anyone got similar information? Seeing what Ford, Suzuki is doing to Indian specific models, I think it is possible for Indian specific Compass to be lighter.
I read a similar info elesewhere but that article said it was only on the petrol variants where the hood underwent a weight loss program.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 22:59   #1091
BHPian

Today I parked my car in mumbai rains in the afternoon. In the evening I got an error DPF sensor is cleaning. There was a yellow warning light, after driving for 15-20 mins of driving light went off.

Not sure if anyone got such error.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-21032ae982ae4f7cb38dd8c987b07cf7.jpeg
Old 10th July 2018, 08:23   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
Today I parked my car in mumbai rains in the afternoon. In the evening I got an error DPF sensor is cleaning. There was a yellow warning light, after driving for 15-20 mins of driving light went off.

Attachment 1780461
Some people are known to get it. It is recommended to drive continuously, at 50 (if I am not mistaken), to allow the process to complete.
I am yet to get one. Currently @ 9500 KM and 9 months.
Caesar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 08:30   #1093
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1780461
DPF regeneration is done to clear the deposited soot in the exhaust by burning it off. People whose drive generally consists of at least 30 min drive each time and a weekly cycle of 4 hours plus will generally not see this regeneration happen as it will happen automatically when the exhaust is hot enough.
Only if the daily running cycle is less and the engine does not get enough time to heat up, the soot will build up and the ECU will then run a DPF regeneration cycle. During this time the engine will run at a higher idle rpm (1000-1100) to heat up the exhaust and burn off the soot. After 10-15 min the cycle will end and it will be back to normal.
I guess in Mumbai the weather is rainy and your drive is short so it was not getting the exhaust hot enough to burn the soot and hence it went through this.
My Compass in Delhi (so far done 10k kms) has not done this cycle yet as it is hot here and our drive is 30-50 min every time.
Behemoth is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 10:48   #1094
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Attachment 1780461
Yikes, the dealer did not tell you about this. Am also surprised that the DPF is fitted to the Compass. Also does it use AdBlue

It is not an error. It is a warning not to switch the car off until this has been completed. If not, the unburnt diesel used to clean the DPF will end up in the sump. An excess of diesel will overfill the sump and cause the engine to run on.

Considering a lot of Compass owners live in town and do short distances, this will happen more frequently. Unaware owners like yourselves might switch off the engine causing more havoc.

Note - the DPF has a limited life of around 7 years, less if the car has frequent cold starts. A replacement DPF will cost around Rs 1 Lakh. There are professional ways to clean but cannot be done in India as per my knowledge.

If this is the case, expect a lot of sick Compasses for sale down the line, DPF's can be removed but as regulations become more stringent, this will be illegal.
ajmat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 12:07   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Note - the DPF has a limited life of around 7 years, less if the car has frequent cold starts. A replacement DPF will cost around Rs 1 Lakh. There are professional ways to clean but cannot be done in India as per my knowledge.
This is a revelation. So on top of everything else, INR 1K per month is the DPF expense. This is huge.
Caesar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks