Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
1st anniversary offer on the Compass -

Only for new cars still?
Old 19th August 2018, 12:26   #1127
BHPian

From an interview with Steve Zanlunghi, Head of Jeep –Asia Pacific region, by Autocar India.

Quote:
Q: What is your strategy to keep the Compass moving in India?

A: When we launched the Compass in India, it blew away all our expectations with how popular it was. And what we were doing – and it's part of the strategy – was a long-term strategy and not a short-term one, because we know we're building the brand in India. We weren't there two years ago, and I believe the Jeep brand there has big equity, so what we're doing is to keep the Compass fresh and alive, we're going to bring different variants; within the next six months, you will see a few other variants of the Compass that we've been working on for a while.
Old 19th August 2018, 13:19   #1128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
From an interview with Steve Zanlunghi, Head of Jeep –Asia Pacific region, by Autocar India.
From a market point of view - his comments reveal that they were not prepared for this success, have no new products to offer soon enough - and will try to survive by churning out Compass variants and special editions till they can eventually bring out some new products.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2018, 13:26   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
From a market point of view - his comments reveal that they were not prepared for this success, have no new products to offer soon enough - and will try to survive by churning out Compass variants and special editions till they can eventually bring out some new products.
Yes. Jeep never expected this kind of success in India. Now they are stuck, not knowing how to deal with this success. I hope Compass will be able to hold things together for Jeep in India until they come with more products. There is big scope for Jeep products in India. I do not wish to see Jeep in the same trail taken by Fiat in India.

Here is another question asked in the same interview regarding new products from Jeep India.
Quote:
Q: There's also been talk of a B-SUV, that it has been delayed or it may not come to India at all – what can you tell us about that?

A: We're not going to comment on future products. We are studying two additional vehicles for the Indian market – nothing's been confirmed but we are studying all the different options that we have that would be specific and would fit the Indian market. We also use the Indian market not just for local production but also as an export hub to right-hand-drive markets such as Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, UK, so we're very proud and happy to have that localised production for the Indian market as well as for export markets.

Last edited by Flyer : 19th August 2018 at 13:56.
Old 19th August 2018, 13:30   #1130
BHPian

Somehow despite all the success and hopefully common sense, a diesel automatic eludes us!
adroit_91 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2018, 13:37   #1131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
Somehow despite all the success and hopefully common sense, a diesel automatic eludes us!
Since the combination is ready - I'm just wondering if Jeep is waiting for the CRV launch to see how the gearbox is adapted and performs in Indian conditions.

Afterall - its the same gearbox used in the Honda as well - though mated to a lower state of tune (120hp, 300Nm).
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2018, 17:29   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since the combination is ready - I'm just wondering if Jeep is waiting for the CRV launch to see how the gearbox is adapted and performs in Indian conditions.

Afterall - its the same gearbox used in the Honda as well - though mated to a lower state of tune (120hp, 300Nm).

Ha ha, that is a far fetched thought, I rather they test their own SUVs rather than depend on Honda's performance.

Jeep Compass Sales are down to around 1400 from around the 2300 mark. It will continue to fall till they introduce a diesel automatic. Mind you the Trailhawk may just not cut it with the pricing and may be a Halo product in the portfolio.

FCA needs a diesel automatic starting, at least with the longitude model.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2018, 20:29   #1133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Ha ha, that is a far fetched thought, I rather they test their own SUVs rather than depend on Honda's performance.

Jeep Compass Sales are down to around 1400 from around the 2300 mark. It will continue to fall till they introduce a diesel automatic. Mind you the Trailhawk may just not cut it with the pricing and may be a Halo product in the portfolio.

FCA needs a diesel automatic starting, at least with the longitude model.
Completely agree, the buyer of the Trailhawk is going to be an off-road enthusiast, someone sold on the Jeep DNA and either using or planning to use the car away from tarmac. However, this is at best 10-15% of the potential customer base. The vast majority have no plans to take car off-road, but just want the convenience of an AT in urban commute settings and decent power and fuel efficiency. A longitude trim with the diesel auto priced just under Rs. 20 Lacs will suit this buyer segment very well. There are no good options in this class, other than the Creta, which is quite overpriced for the size and power on offer.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 18:04   #1134
BHPian

One small but annoying "feature": When the car is switched on, the audio source in the head unit defaults to radio. Even if I was using Bluetooth audio as source last time, the head unit does not wait for the Bluetooth connection to be established with my mobile before playing music. Nor does it remember whether I had muted the sound or not.

I usually listen to podcasts from my mobile phone using the Bluetooth source. And since the podcasts are mostly just voice, I need to notch the volume up a bit to listen properly. The net result is that I am forced to listen to deafening ad jingles or chats/music from the FM channels whenever I start the vehicle. I have to take care to immediately press the mute button. Looks like whoever designed it thought that the occupants of the car should be given a taste of the audio capabilities of the HU whenever the car is switched on.

Has anyone found a way for the Uconnect head unit to retain Bluetooth as the default audio source, or at least start the audio in muted mode at startup?
motorsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 13:27   #1135
BHPian

I completed a trip of around 300kms within Kerala recently, and I noticed that there is an additional humming noise being emitted from either the hood or under the vehicle.

I noticed it the most when I take my foot of the accelerator and cruise down. The hum starts a second after the vehicle starts engine braking.

Unlike some of the earlier complaints, this did not happen in the first 30 minutes of drive (or at least I did not notice it then), but after an hour or so. The vehicle is a manual transmission 4x4 variant with 4x4 in "Auto". The roads were straight smooth roads and I was cruising at around 40-50kmph when I noticed most of these -- so there wasn't any reason for the vehicle to engage 4x4.

Could someone help me understand why this is happening? Couldn't replicate it for the service centre.
Old 27th August 2018, 18:19   #1136
h14
BHPian

The odo crossed 25,000 last night. The feat was achieved in 298 days of ownership.

The compass has been munching miles as usual. Nothing special, just that been busy with work and not getting time to share updates here.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-p_20180826_232050_vhdr_auto.jpg

Got a detailing job done last month. Some pictures of that. Job was done by auto wasche who offer only door step services in and around coimbatore.

Drenched in foam

Jeep Compass : Official Review-1.jpg

Some of the products used

Jeep Compass : Official Review-2.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-3.jpg

The results

Jeep Compass : Official Review-4.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-5.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-6.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-7.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-8.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-9.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-10.jpg
h14 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 20:42   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
The odo crossed 25,000 last night. The feat was achieved in 298 days of ownership.

The compass has been munching miles as usual. Nothing special, just that been busy with work and not getting time to share updates here.
That comes out to be 2500kms per month. It's good to hear that compass has been muching so many miles without issues.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 14:39   #1138
BHPian

Autocar reports the forthcoming launch of the Jeep Compass Black Pack.

This was disclosed to Business Standard by Kevin Flynn, MD of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India in an interview.

They are also planning to launch a Limited Plus variant with additional goodies like Sunroof, bigger 8.4 Inch System and Black Leather interiors perhaps in time for the Festive Season.

As already reported elsewhere, the Trailhawk will be delayed to 2019,

Source : https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ng-soon-409549
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeepcompassnighteagle.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeepcompassnighteagle-1.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeepcompassnighteagle-2.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 23:02   #1139
BHPian

I had been looking forward to buy a descent SUV within 20 lakhs. Finalist were Hexa (XT/XTA) and Compass(Petrol, 4X2, 6 Airbags: Sadly this configuration isn't available).
Day before I wrote a mail to Jeep India. Got a call today.
They have informed me that there is no plan to launch Compass petrol with 6 airbags and they aren't expecting launch of Trailhawk anytime soon.
Wonder why Jeep is not launching this configuration. Why Jeep is forcing diesel engine to people who are interested in top notch safety kit. As far as I know this will only increase the sale figures. Now I've almost decided to push compass out of my list. I wish i could lay my hands on my desired configuration.
Anyway there is a new entrant in my list : Hyundai Tucson.
Head and heart says Hexa, but dharampatni compass.
Old 7th September 2018, 07:24   #1140
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep Compass in more variants - Jeep Compass Limited Plus launch next month.

The new top-spec Jeep Compass Limited Plus gets a panoramic sunroof and more equipment.

Jeep is readying the Compass Limited Plus variant for an India launch, which is likely to be introduced sometime around Dusshera (October 19, 2018, Friday).

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeep.jpg

Quote:
the upcoming top-end variant will see the addition of a panoramic sunroof, something which is quite sought after these days as far as Indian buyers go. Additionally, this trim will come with a larger 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 18-inch alloy wheels and eight-way power adjustable driver and front passenger seats.

On the safety front, dual front, side curtain airbags and rain-sensing wipers are on offer as standard equipment on this variant. The Jeep Compass Limited Plus will be sold in both petrol and diesel engine options. The 173hp, 2.0-litre diesel engine will be available with the same six-speed manual gearbox,
Quote:
The Limited Plus petrol trim will be sold with the same 163hp, 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine mated to an automatic gearbox.
Source:

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th September 2018 at 07:26.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks