Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2018, 16:00   #1171
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Thanks. One question: when you said it slowed down as if you braked hard, did it brake hard enough for the jerk before ABS engaged?
Yup, there was a jerk as if the ABS got activated.
Old 1st November 2018, 21:53   #1172
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar latest issue has a small write up which mentions that Jeep is considering a lower variant of the 4X4 Auto to be launched side by side with the Trailhawk. The report says Jeep is considering a stripped down 4X4 version to compete with other players in the segment. I hope this is alluding to a 4X4 diesel auto coming in the TATA Harrier.
Old 6th November 2018, 23:10   #1173
h14
BHPian

Completed 1 year of ownership as on the first of November 2018 and incidentally got the 30,000 kms service done on the same day too! The odo had been inching closer to the 30k mark and I had been deliberately delaying it by using the Palio/Linea for a few weeks so that I can plan the service visit to Salem. This meant the Linea too got some well deserved highway runs!

The last 12 months with the Compass has been fantastic to say the least!

Service experience as always has been excellent from True Sai. I had arrived late and hence the Compass got to the bay only by 2:30 PM and in a little over 2 hours (around 4:40 PM), it was out of the bay and into the queue for the wash. Works done were oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, pollen filter and brake fluid replacement along with wheel rotation, balancing and alignment.

Total bill was under the 9.5k mark and no complaints what so ever on the maintenance costs. The front brake pads look good for another 30k at-least whilst the rear would easily achieve double that.

The bill

Jeep Compass : Official Review-compass-30k-service_1ed.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-compass-30k-service_2ex.jpg

Odo at the time of service

Jeep Compass : Official Review-odo.jpg

Front brake pads at time of service

Jeep Compass : Official Review-frontpad1.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-frontpad2.jpg

Rear pads at time of service

Jeep Compass : Official Review-rearpads1.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-rearpads2.jpg

That's how the Firestone's look after 29k kms

Jeep Compass : Official Review-tyretread.jpg

The service camp was happening when I visited for the service and True Sai was giving away surprise gifts for its customers!

Jeep Compass : Official Review-gift1.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-gift2.jpg

Some random shots of the Compass when it met some of the FIAT's in Bengaluru!

Jeep Compass : Official Review-mfw1.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-mfw2.jpg

Chilling at home during Ayudha Pooja!

Jeep Compass : Official Review-pooja.jpg
h14 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 18:34   #1174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
Hello Folks - Any rumour or news on when is automatic diesel expected?
My uncle booked for the diesel AT few months back. They have absolutely no idea on the launch but the latest information is that it "maybe" out in January. Since he is not in a hurry, the showroom guys are slow in updating him on the progress.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 16:05   #1175
BHPian

Seeing a lot of Compasses on the road. It has literally created a mid-size SUV segment which every manufacturer is now eyeing. Tata(Harrier), Mahindra (Tivoli), Hyundai (Tucson FL), MG, Kia etc.

Jeep users are perhaps the most active community these days. Some testimonials posted at Jeep India official page.

Moto$apien is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 19:09   #1176
BHPian

Went to test drive the Compass today. Loved the way the car drives and handles. Diesel is much better than the petrol in terms of power and excitement it provides.
Got a quote of 23.8L OTR for Limited O and 26.6L for Limited Plus Diesel. They apparently have an offer by which you can get a variant for the price of the lower one and hence the lower price for Limited O. Seeing the difference of almost 3Lakh on road between these two now I'm confused. Is the Limited plus worth the premium?
Absolutely love the alloys of the Limited Plus. The better infotainment screen, seat adjustments and the 6 airbags are good features. Sunroof is a nice addition which I can live without and i dont care about the automatic wipers and lights. Need your opinion. TIA

Last edited by avi@98 : 6th December 2018 at 19:12.
Old 6th December 2018, 19:31   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
Went to test drive the Compass today. Loved the way the car drives and handles. Diesel is much better than the petrol in terms of power and excitement it provides.
Got a quote of 23.8L OTR for Limited O and 26.6L for Limited Plus Diesel. They apparently have an offer by which you can get a variant for the price of the lower one and hence the lower price for Limited O. Seeing the difference of almost 3Lakh on road between these two now I'm confused. Is the Limited plus worth the premium?
Absolutely love the alloys of the Limited Plus. The better infotainment screen, seat adjustments and the 6 airbags are good features. Sunroof is a nice addition which I can live without and i dont care about the automatic wipers and lights. Need your opinion. TIA
I feel its a good deal. You buy your car only once in a few years why not go for the all the bells & whistles. You won't regret it later or you can say there will be no room for regret later.
deepjaju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 19:41   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
We got a Limited Plus in Diwali. The tyres are also better ones, Bridgestone to be exact. The seat adjustment is such a feature, like the electric ORVMs, that you never knew you needed! It is so addictive that you cannot live without it. Of course, this is if someone else will use the vehicle frequently. Rest the 6 airbags themselves make it a good buy.
One thing you may want to check is if you can live with the US style placement of indicator stalks. I found it very annoying switching between different cars we have.
turbospooler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 21:47   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
We got a Limited Plus in Diwali. The tyres are also better ones, Bridgestone to be exact. The seat adjustment is such a feature, like the electric ORVMs, that you never knew you needed! It is so addictive that you cannot live without it. Of course, this is if someone else will use the vehicle frequently. Rest the 6 airbags themselves make it a good buy.
One thing you may want to check is if you can live with the US style placement of indicator stalks. I found it very annoying switching between different cars we have.
Thanks for mentioning about the ORVM which i totally forgot about.
We used to own a Polo TDI earlier and I used to drive it often with my daily driver being an Eon for the last 6 years. Never felt annoyed with the switching between two stalks.
avi@98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 14:52   #1180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got a quote of 23.8L OTR for Limited O and 26.6L for Limited Plus Diesel. They apparently have an offer by which you can get a variant for the price of the lower one and hence the lower price for Limited O. Seeing the difference of almost 3Lakh on road between these two now I'm confused. Is the Limited plus worth the premium? Need your opinion. TIA

3 lakhs is money well spent, especially because of the safety kit on offer. Add the sunroof and all the upgraded equipment like the ICE,those awesome alloys and the powered memory seats, it just makes a stronger case of itself.

Go for the Limited Plus.

Also heard from the Bangalore dealer that there is a two month waiting period for the Limited Plus variants. These guys must be joking. They are down to a 1k dispatches from a high of around 2.5k a month.

They are either making these post the order or FCA is prioritising international markets over India. :
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 18:14   #1181
BHPian

After the disappointment from Tata for not launching the Harrier with a diesel automatic I'm seriously considering the Jeep Compass Limited Plus. I know its a bit pricey, but the Limited plus has good upgrades for the price offered. But I'm really waiting for the automatic that's the reason why I haven't got the Compass from the time it was launched. Anybody has an idea when the diesel automatic will be launched ? Or should I just go with the diesel manual ? Or anybody has any other alternatives for a soft-roader compact luxury SUV to drive everyday ? Thanks in advance.
Old 16th December 2018, 08:53   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
3 lakhs is money well spent, especially because of the safety kit on offer. Add the sunroof and all the upgraded equipment like the ICE,those awesome alloys and the powered memory seats, it just makes a stronger case of itself.

Go for the Limited Plus.
But isn't the same 6 air bag safety kit already part of the limited option variant that avi is comparing to?

My opinion is that paying 3 lakhs for limited plus over option isn't worth it, unless the heart wants the sunroof and larger screen that badly.

New features on Plus
*A panoramic sunroof
*New-look alloy wheels
*8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen
*Tan leather seats with power adjust & *memory function for the front row
*auto dimming rear view mirror
*automatic headlamps
*rain-sensing wipers

Last edited by di1in : 16th December 2018 at 09:00.
Old 16th December 2018, 09:45   #1183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
But isn't the same 6 air bag safety kit already part of the limited option variant that avi is comparing to?

My opinion is that paying 3 lakhs for limited plus over option isn't worth it, unless the heart wants the sunroof and larger screen that badly.

Limited O does not get the 6 airbags. Only variants with the 4*4 get it, and now the Limited Plus(need not be 4*4) variants get the 6 airbags.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 11:52   #1184
BHPian

Arjun reddy is right. Limited O gets only 2 airbags.
Have booked the Limited Plus 4x2 diesel exotica red for 26.6L OTR. There is a 45 day waiting period. I've also been informed that there is going to be price hike in january but the dealer isn't sure of the exact amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post

Go for the Limited Plus.

Also heard from the Bangalore dealer that there is a two month waiting period for the Limited Plus variants. These guys must be joking. They are down to a 1k dispatches from a high of around 2.5k a month.

They are either making these post the order or FCA is prioritising international markets over India. :
I've been told that they are making limited plus variants to order only

Last edited by benbsb29 : 19th December 2018 at 12:08. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts, made within the 30 mins Edit window.
Old 19th December 2018, 18:02   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
After the disappointment from Tata for not launching the Harrier with a diesel automatic I'm seriously considering the Jeep Compass Limited Plus. I know its a bit pricey, but the Limited plus has good upgrades for the price offered. But I'm really waiting for the automatic that's the reason why I haven't got the Compass from the time it was launched. Anybody has an idea when the diesel automatic will be launched ? Or should I just go with the diesel manual ? Or anybody has any other alternatives for a soft-roader compact luxury SUV to drive everyday ? Thanks in advance.
A few lakhs more could get you a Tucson, there are good year end deals!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks