Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2019, 10:15   #1231
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Living with a hard clutch (if it is true) isn't a deal breaker? Another case of love for a brand or a car clouding our judgement?
Depends on your priorities. If the choice is between a Compass with a hard clutch and a Hyundai with a light clutch, I would settle for a Compass. Annoying, but definitely not a deal breaker.
Quote:
Disclaimer: I haven't driven the Compass and only taking the OP's views into consideration that the clutch is heavy.
First hand experiences matter more right? That is why such questions are asked in these threads.
Old 18th January 2019, 11:58   #1232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micraft View Post

I'm currently a fan of Tata, and was eagerly waiting for the Harrier to get launched, but I don't see much of a price advantage(tentative) as compared to the Jeep Compass, i.e. while comparing the Harrier top end model(XZ) with the Jeep Compass Longitude (O).
Lets not jump to conclusions here. Harrier top end is quite a loaded car and over the years, you start appreciating such features. If its launched even at 21L (Per TATA tweet), it would be cheaper by 1.5L than Longitude O of Compass which looks bare-bones in front of Harrier.

I TDed Compass and the clutch was quite heavy but then when I drove my friend's 4*4, its clutch was feather light. God knows if the theory of different clutch systems is right.
Old 18th January 2019, 17:32   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I TDed Compass and the clutch was quite heavy but then when I drove my friend's 4*4, its clutch was feather light. God knows if the theory of different clutch systems is right.
I liked Harrier's dashboard and cockpit view, but little skeptical about gear ratios as BHP is lowered. On the hand JC's low end torque is very good and that may be impacting FE. That's another reason JC is in news. Hope Harrier has covered this point.

TD vehicles are most roughly used and I don't feel Compass clutch is heavy, if fact I feel its too light and smooth.
Old 18th January 2019, 19:13   #1234
BHPian

The initial batch of Jeep Compass Diesel (relatively new with <5000kms) TD vehicle had a heavy clutch when compared to Creta,Verna.I did not feel comfortable shifting to first gear for every speed breaker that I encountered since the vehicle used to stall in 2nd gear with minimal acceleration.Although the driving dynamics were good on quick lane changes in city roads, the low speed ride quality over dirt roads and heavy clutch were a definite turnoff at that time.
BeingHuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2019, 07:50   #1235
BHPian

Would know anyone know what material the sunroof is made of? Saw mentions of Tempered glass in some forums, and laminated glass in others.

Also, does it affect structural strength in the case of a roll over?
Old 20th January 2019, 11:33   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Having driven both engines, I wouldn't recommend the petrol at all. The diesel is the superior in every way. Even if your running doesn't require a diesel, that's the one you should buy. And don't worry about the extra $$$ - you'll easily make it up with the lower running costs + superior resale.
Thanks for the advice. I've booked a JC Limited Plus 4x2 diesel in Magnesio Grey. I've been given a delivery estimate of 25-30 days and I am really looking forward.

Does anyone know if the Uconnect system in the JC plays video files from a USB device when stationary?
clementj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2019, 12:15   #1237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
2. nice turning radius
The large turning radius is the worst thing I encountered on the Jeep, in fact, my Uncle’s Merc GL which is two segments higher in terms of size has got a better turning radius comparing its size. It will become apparent while taking U-turns and parking, now I got used to it, though it is irritating at times.

Last edited by ecenandu : 20th January 2019 at 12:19.
Old 25th January 2019, 05:53   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Just remembered that the grapevine is that since Dec 2017, they have been using a different clutch system after the previous ones had numerous incidences of premature clutch wear/failure. Your TD car might have been from the older lot.
Yes

It could be a vehicle after December 2017 or a vehicle in which the clutch has been replaced. Even the new clutch is not that hard as mentioned

After 35000 km and many Jeep trails ( official and unofficial), I'm still in love with my limited 4x4.

With Jeep, you don't just own a car -it has given me confidence to take the vehicle anywhere, helped me find great company of like minded friends and above all it has given me reasons to drive

Need I say more?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th February 2019 at 12:15. Reason: Spacing
jojoinassi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 21:48   #1239

Looks like the Compass thread has taken a few hiccups post the Tata Harrier's takeover. Compass is still the pick for me over Harrier for its +40HP and 4*4 offering. Primary enthusiast choices.

Seeking suggestion: Friend of mine bought his Jeep Compass 2.0 Sport Edition at a decent discount for the 2018 Inventory. As it's a base variant and doesn't come with lots of good looking stuff(Read exterior), we've been looking for various mods to give it a beastly makeover with a considerable budget.

Looking out for wheels, body kit, headlamps and ICE primarily. Requesting existing owners (or) other T-BHP members to shed a light on this. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 6th February 2019, 10:46   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeDrive View Post
Looks like the Compass thread has taken a few hiccups post the Tata Harrier's takeover. Compass is still the pick for me over Harrier for its +40HP and 4*4 offering. Primary enthusiast choices.

Seeking suggestion: Friend of mine bought his Jeep Compass 2.0 Sport Edition at a decent discount for the 2018 Inventory. As it's a base variant and doesn't come with lots of good looking stuff(Read exterior), we've been looking for various mods to give it a beastly makeover with a considerable budget.

Looking out for wheels, body kit, headlamps and ICE primarily. Requesting existing owners (or) other T-BHP members to shed a light on this. Any info would be appreciated.
Except wheels, I think you have less options left out. Jeep Compass ICE is integrated with car features on/off, getting after market ICE may not allow this.

On the headlights, i know one of the bhpian retrofit headlight for his limited model, you could search for contact.
Old 6th February 2019, 12:17   #1241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeDrive View Post
For Headlamp upgrade refer to the thread here : (Jeep Compass: Morimoto HID Headlights + FE Retrofit Projector Foglamps Upgrade)

All India Contact Central Contact For Morimoto: : (Jeep Compass: Morimoto HID Headlights + FE Retrofit Projector Foglamps Upgrade)
Old 19th February 2019, 16:51   #1242
BANNED

Jeep dealers are offering significant discounts and benefits on all variants of the Compass SUV expect the base Sports and top-spec Limited Plus.

Link
Old 22nd February 2019, 12:59   #1243
Senior - BHPian

The Compass diesel seems to have a recall for ECU update with regards to emissions.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-755c333167664ec6abf718e0fd30bde0.jpeg
DRIV3R is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 19:53   #1244
BANNED

More details on the Compass recall at the below link.

Link
Old 26th February 2019, 10:42   #1245
BHPian

Am on the verge of booking a Jeep Compass. Need to take a decision in the next one hour since the stocks for which the discounts are offered, are limited.

I kinda like the black pack (the black alloys and the black leather seat covers) as it would be easy to maintain compared to the grey seats. However, Magnesio Grey is the only colour available in Black Pack as of now.

All other colours are available in the Limited 4x4 Option variant.

Anyone who's bought a Magnesio Grey black pack, here? Any demerits you see with the colour as such?

Please suggest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks