Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2019, 07:03   #1366
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokn87 View Post
Hello,
I am attaching a PDF file about the extended warranty program that FCA is offering which my dealer sent to me. The price they quoted is ₹28000 for my october 2017 longitude (o) model. I think they have different prices for sport, longitude and limited variants starting from ₹25000 though I did not confirm it with them

Please give your valued inputs whether this EWP is worth buying

Extended warranty is effective for 4th year and 5th year(or till 1.5L Kms), so if you are planning to keep the car beyond 4th year then it is worth taking it. For Limited it is ₹32000.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 12:52   #1367
BHPian

Completed another trip of 1000 KMs and ODO stands at 3K+. Jeep was primarily driven on highways between Delhi, Chandigarh and Punjab.

Average speed: 80-90 KMPH
Fuel Efficiency: 18.9 KMPL
City/Highway Split: 750 KM on highways and 250 KM in city limits

I tried the down gear shift suggested by Arjun Reddy for engine braking- thanks! I am getting used to down shifting from 6th to 4th and then 3rd for effective engine braking.

Overall 1000 KM trip was uneventful but when I reached Delhi, I could hear rattle from the dashboard even when idling. I moved the steering and it went way only to return when steering was pushed back original position. Plan to get it checked and fixed during first service. Has anyone faced similar issue?

I almost missed to mention that Jeep did get detailing services in Jagraon (a town in Ludhiana district)- Malwa car wash services. Have known this guy for the last 14 years and must say his detailing services are superb! Asked him to apply 3M polish on body.

He also did a very neat job of cleaning the interiors. I asked him the recipe for upholstery cleaning and he simply asked for revisits in future.

Cheers + Happy Miles
drive_or_die is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 19:04   #1368
BHPian

Minor Accident Leads To Rs. 2.76 Lakh Bill On Jeep Compass

Link
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeepcompassaccident1068x601.jpg  

Old 31st May 2019, 21:21   #1369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnnbagal View Post
Minor Accident Leads To Rs. 2.76 Lakh Bill On Jeep Compass
Hardly news, is it? Any car in this class would probably have a similar bill. It's why zero dep insurance is so vital
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 13:41   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Hardly news, is it? Any car in this class would probably have a similar bill. It's why zero dep insurance is so vital
IMO, the owner's concerns and disappointment are understandable. Going by the description / looks of the accident with the Alto, 2.76 lacs does seem disproportionately high.

He seems to have serious misgivings about the overall build quality and ownership costs, given the extent of the damage and his past experience - an unexplainable diesel pump leak within 10 months, with only 10k kms of driving on city roads.

Last edited by spindoc : 1st June 2019 at 13:43. Reason: Sentence structure
Old 1st June 2019, 13:55   #1371
BHPian

Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
IMO, the owner's concerns and disappointment are understandable. Going by the description / looks of the accident with the Alto, 2.76 lacs does seem disproportionately high.

The owner had posted this first in Facebook where he was being asked to show the Alto's pic as well which he never shared and got trolled for the same reason! Don't buy his story. He made the Alto sound like a truck.
Old 1st June 2019, 14:37   #1372
anb
BHPian

Quote:
I had a similar kind of accident in a Ford Ikon which is a 6 lakh vehicle in 2011 and cost of repair was Rs 1.15 lakh. So I don't think the cost of repair is high for the Compass.
Old 1st June 2019, 15:48   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
The owner had posted this first in Facebook where he was being asked to show the Alto's pic...
Well - I had assumed his facebook post was factual and complete. I guess Jeep should post a public rebuttal in case he has misrepresented the facts, as this story is being picked up by online publications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
I had a similar kind of accident in a Ford Ikon which is a 6 lakh vehicle in 2011 and cost of repair was Rs 1.15 lakh. So I don't think the cost of repair is high for the Compass.
Thanks for your perspective.

Last edited by spindoc : 1st June 2019 at 15:53. Reason: Emoji fix
Old 1st June 2019, 20:46   #1374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...in case he has misrepresented the facts, as this story is being picked up by online publications.
He doesn't seem to have mis represented the facts, but his perspective/interpretation of the facts is a bit awry.

The incurred cost of about 2.6L is about10% of the vehicle(Jeep) value which doesn't seem odd in this scenario.
On similar lines, the Alto would have expectedly incurred around 30K to repair as per A.S.S estimates which is around 10% of the value of the car.
Old 1st June 2019, 21:33   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
On similar lines, the Alto would have expectedly incurred around 30K to repair as per A.S.S estimates which is around 10% of the value of the car.
He has stated that it cost only Rs. 300 to repair the Alto involved in the accident. That, if true, is quite concerning (Waspune has observed he has not provided any evidence yet). If not, maybe Jeep can get to the bottom of it and post a clarification.

Last edited by spindoc : 1st June 2019 at 21:34. Reason: Removed sentence
Old 9th June 2019, 08:15   #1376
Distinguished - BHPian

Crossed the 10,000 Kms mark and it has been a pleasant journey so far. At this point, there is no issue to report except a mild rattle sound from the front door pad. It is random, so will get this checked during the second service.

White interiors are really a challenge, especially with two kids

Fuel efficiency ranges from 10 to 20 or even more, it all depends on how heavy you are on the pedal.

The average FE for me is around 14Kmpl.

Some recent clicks

Jeep Compass : Official Review-1k.png

Jeep Compass : Official Review-2.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-3.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 18:31   #1377

Hey everyone,
My first post on this forum and let me tell you I'm excited. I used to read the forum continuously and now im a member. I hope to do and learn incredible things with you guys who definitely know so much more.
So my topic of doubt was how to upgrade the stock alloys on my Jeep Compass 2017 Limited (0) 4×4
It comes with a good set of alloys but the tyres are really not made for India and they sit quiet a bit inside of the fender wall which as a fellow member said is something you can unsee. So i have been in contact with several shops in my state and from the south and they have given me quotes and information about various alloy wheels for compass. In India there is only Momo, Neo, Onyx and Flying Eagle(MAM) supplying them and companies like Radi8 and Lexani wheels need to be imported. Also i found some wheels on Aliexpress which i highly doubt for the quality but i have seen an official Jeep Compass Stories video where the same rims were used.
I needed to help me figure out the upsizing procedure and what wheel and alloy look best in your opinion.
I had the momo screamjet, momo hyperstar and momo massimo in mind. I was thinking about going for the same 17" setup but then i am double minded as to go for rim upsize of 18" or stay with stock tyre size. As for designs, in 18×8j there are only two designs i.e screamjet and massimo which i don't generally love and in the 17×7.5j i have the choice of Massimo, hyperstar, reds k2.
I have worked things out with a shop called Sai Mag Wheels from whom I've been getting alloys for all my cars since last 3 years but i dont really like any momo design except maybe the hyperstar (being a 5 spoke full matt black on a gloss black jeep compass) which will look classy but only available in 17×7.5j for which i could use maximum size tyre of 235/60/17
I have see 2/3 people upsizing to 18×8j with a tyre size 255/55/18 which is massive and looks really bold on a compass however i want to know how it will affect the mileage if anyone here has them on. Any information would be very useful.
Thanks in advance guys and again, so happy to be here.

P.S attaching a photo of my Jeep which i call BLACKOUT
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20190623wa0005.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2019, 19:45   #1378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Frostbite View Post
I have see 2/3 people upsizing to 18×8j with a tyre size 255/55/18 which is massive and looks really bold on a compass however i want to know how it will affect the mileage if anyone here has them on. Any information would be very useful.
The radius of the tyre increases by 18mm or 5.1%. That means you will have speedometer error of 5.1% too. That means, if you are travelling at 105.1 kmph, the speedometer will show 100kmph. When you calculate tank fill to tank fill to measure FE, you need to compensate for error.

It is not possible to predict the FE loss due of bigger tyre since the increased weight also needs to be considered. This is unsprung weight.

Finally, bigger tyre also puts out less force to the road surface.

Torque = Force * Tyre radius
Force on the road surface = Torque / Radius.

In this case, 5.1% less force.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 22:32   #1379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The radius of the tyre increases by 18mm or 5.1%. That means you will have speedometer error of 5.1% too. That means, if you are travelling at 105.1 kmph, the speedometer will show 100kmph. When you calculate tank fill to tank fill to measure FE, you need to compensate for error.

It is not possible to predict the FE loss due of bigger tyre since the increased weight also needs to be considered. This is unsprung weight.

Finally, bigger tyre also puts out less force to the road surface.

Torque = Force * Tyre radius
Force on the road surface = Torque / Radius.

In this case, 5.1% less force.
But my question is whether anyone has done this and are they feeling any problem with the upsize?
Old 24th June 2019, 17:27   #1380
BHPian

Just saw four jeep compass with test plates on the outskirts of Jaipur on the Jaipur Delhi national highway. All four cars were of limited trim, but two were 4x4. have some videos also, will try and uploading soon. Attaching few images.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20190624_094225.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20190624_094232.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20190624_094131.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20190624_094211.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20190624_094053.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks