Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2019, 12:02   #1471
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Renewed my Jeep insurance, this time I decided to go with MOPAR as I won't be in the country and I don't want my family to run pillar to post to get an insurance claim. My previous insurer was New India Assurance.

Rupees 36822, including zero depreciation, consumables and Return to Invoice(RTI) covers. I paid over 8000 rupees(New India quoted 28K), well, that is the price for peace of mind. Zero hassles as well as a cashless option available with MOPAR.

Good to know that Mopar doesn't have an inflated premium for the second year unlike the first year premium.

By the way, I think even TataAIG has cashless across all the Jeep service centers.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 11:43   #1472

I got the car delivered yesterday, I couldn't be present there so my mom and brother took the delivery and they are quite pleased with the car. Since then they have been driving around the city and enjoying it . Dealer during the time of delivery knocked down another 10k from the cost he earlier quoted.

Now the dealer did not have any accessory in stock, not even the mud flaps or mats. So I am looking for good 3D mat that would be easy enough to clean any suggestions?
For mud flaps I am waiting for the dealer since I don't want that to be after-market.

Also I am thinking about the ceramic coating done on car to save the color (Black) and some minor scratches. I was quoted 22k-24k from 3M in Hyderabad. Is it worth getting it done? He said they would do the maintenance 3 times every 3 month. He also suggested to get PPF done for both bumpers but it seemed costly for 22K.

I am not getting seat covers just yet, I am assuming the stock ones are cover over some basic fabric under them and not directly applied over the foam, just in case they get torn from some place. So could be a possibility that once they get dirty enough over the years I will replace them without affecting the seats/

Any other recommended accessory I am missing?

Last edited by goldsmit409 : 28th August 2019 at 11:47. Reason: Correcting the sentence
goldsmit409 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 13:36   #1473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsmit409 View Post
I got the car delivered yesterday, I couldn't be present there so my mom and brother took the delivery and they are quite pleased with the car. Since then they have been driving around the city and enjoying it . Dealer during the time of delivery knocked down another 10k from the cost he earlier quoted.
Congrats on the new buy... Wishing you lots of cheers with your Jeep

Btw, can you please share what variant did you buy and what was the pricing/discount offered? Which city did you buy finally?

Edit: The details have been shared at https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4641522 (Jeep Compass : Official Review)
Mods, you may delete the query if irrelevant

Last edited by streetfighter : 28th August 2019 at 14:01. Reason: The query was partially answered in an earlier post
streetfighter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 14:38   #1474

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Good to know that Mopar doesn't have an inflated premium for the second year unlike the first year premium.

By the way, I think even TataAIG has cashless across all the Jeep service centers.
In the final bill for the first year insurance including the 3 year third party and bumper to bumper, it was ~60K this is reduced from 1.3Lac they have in their price pamphlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
Congrats on the new buy... Wishing you lots of cheers with your Jeep

Btw, can you please share what variant did you buy and what was the pricing/discount offered? Which city did you buy finally?

Edit: The details have been shared at https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4641522 (Jeep Compass : Official Review)
Mods, you may delete the query if irrelevant
All the details are shared in the link you posted. Apart from that another 10K discount was applied. I will still go ahead with their accessory package of 19.6K but will remove the body cover (~5K) since I don't think I will use it much and it may scratch the body further.
goldsmit409 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 23:15   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
For the Petrol AT users - what mileage are you getting on a Full tank to empty method. Is the Jeep giving 450 odd kms ?? Then its miles ahead of my Verna, albeit a smaller tank, returns around 250 odd kms in city driving conditions.
Worst i have got is 525 kms. This is mostly city driving- in light to medium traffic.
Best i have got is 625 kms. This includes 50-60% highway.

Fill up volume ranging from 52-53 liters, so mileage translating to around 10-12 kmpl.

Last edited by achyutaghosh : 28th August 2019 at 23:17. Reason: missed a detail
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 10:34   #1476
BHPian

Completed Delhi- Chandigarh-Parwanoo-Chandigarh-Parwanoo-Delhi trip earlier this week.
Distance covered 576KM
Average speed - 90KMPH
FE- 19.7 KMPL

I am still biased to my Optra's driving dynamics but slowly warming up to Jeep Compass. Given that Optra is over 9 years old- restrictions of driving 10 year old Diesel in Delhi will be applicable soon. Jeep Compass will become my primary vehicle
drive_or_die is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 09:08   #1477
BHPian

Quote:
Is it ok to have seat covers in cars with side airbags?
I thought it blocks something. Which cover did you go with OEM or after-market?
Pics will be appreciated
I will need to check and get back.
Old 3rd September 2019, 19:27   #1478
BHPian

Completed 2nd service at 27k KMS @ SRT, Coimbatore. Bill was Rs 16,500, This includes breakpad change(Rs 4,500) and AC disinfect(Rs 1,500).
Old 3rd September 2019, 21:31   #1479

Completed the first 500 km and noticed a few niggles.
  • The AC when set to auto switches off the internal air circulation. Is there a way to keep the internal air circulation on when setting the AC to auto?
  • When starting the car sometimes I have to keep the start button pressed to turn it on. Sometimes it will start with just a push. Is there a specific scenario where we need to keep the button pressed?
  • This is my first diesel so could be a typical diesel thing but does the slotting the gears 1st and 2nd take a little effort? Rest are very smooth shift only at times shifting to 1st takes a little effort, as in there is a click before it slots completely
  • Driving in the rain made me realize the windshield appeared a little oily and it looked like fog on the outer side but running the wiper does not clear that and with the droplets reflecting the high beam of oncoming traffic makes it very difficult to drive.
  • Wiper makes some sound even at low speed. And leaves a line in the center. Could it be the wiper blades are defective?
Old 4th September 2019, 08:36   #1480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
  • The AC when set to auto switches off the internal air circulation. Is there a way to keep the internal air circulation on when setting the AC to auto?
For air "Circulation", there is one button below the display unit, right?! Have you tried this?

Quote:
Wiper makes some sound even at low speed. And leaves a line in the center. Could it be the wiper blades are defective?
Yes, get the wiper checked. Also, try using some windshield washer fluid for smoothness.

Quote:
When starting the car sometimes I have to keep the start button pressed to turn it on. Sometimes it will start with just a push. Is there a specific scenario where we need to keep the button pressed?
During cold start it may take some time, nothing wrong in pressing the start button for for 3-5 seconds.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 4th September 2019 at 09:15. Reason: removed the part that should be inside quote
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 10:15   #1481
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately the default setting in Auto AC seems to be Internal air circulation = OFF, and the default can't be changed.

Even if you turn it on, you will find that every now and then outside air is still getting in. According to the Service Centre, this is because of an Oxygen sensor inside the car that decides to allow external air inside every now and then...
Quote:
  • When starting the car sometimes I have to keep the start button pressed to turn it on. Sometimes it will start with just a push. Is there a specific scenario where we need to keep the button pressed?
I've never experienced this... but my car is a Petrol - maybe some difference due to yours being Diesel?
Quote:
  • Driving in the rain made me realize the windshield appeared a little oily and it looked like fog on the outer side but running the wiper does not clear that and with the droplets reflecting the high beam of oncoming traffic makes it very difficult to drive.
Quite likely due to internal temperature being too cold, and outside moisture is condensing on the cold glass. Try to raise the temperature and turn Internal air circulation to OFF.
Quote:
  • Wiper makes some sound even at low speed. And leaves a line in the center. Could it be the wiper blades are defective?
Could be blade is just dirty... try cleaning it with a soft cloth, before doing a replacement. Since you've just done 500 km, it should not have gone bad so soon.

Last edited by Fusion2006 : 4th September 2019 at 10:17. Reason: Default setting
Old 4th September 2019, 11:04   #1482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Completed the first 500 km and noticed a few niggles.[*]The AC when set to auto switches off the internal air circulation. Is there a way to keep the internal air circulation on when setting the AC to auto?
In most cars with ACC - the CC system decides the recirculation mode every now and then to maintain optimum air freshness and avoid reduced oxygen ratio inside cabin. This is more of a safety aspect (you see in the developed world, people tend to sue companies for simplest of things). The same has been reported in Creta also.

Quote:
  1. Driving in the rain made me realize the windshield appeared a little oily and it looked like fog on the outer side but running the wiper does not clear that and with the droplets reflecting the high beam of oncoming traffic makes it very difficult to drive.
  2. Wiper makes some sound even at low speed. And leaves a line in the center. Could it be the wiper blades are defective?
You need to clean your wiper blades. If even after cleaning it is leaving streaks on the glass - replace the blades without waiting any longer. Also - please wipe the windshield thoroughly from inside as well as outside with a good quality tissue paper. Take a couple of drops of some good cleaning liquid like Colin or alcoholic hand sanitizer and wipe it.
Afterwards - use a windshield washer additive in the washer fluid. The best and easiest additive is about 4-5 peanut size drops of Clinic Plus shampoo for the whole washer fluid tank-full of water. It does the job wonderfully. Don't put too much - it will cause foam on the windshield and can startle you when driving.

Last edited by Reinhard : 4th September 2019 at 11:10.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 23:13   #1483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
Unfortunately the default setting in Auto AC seems to be Internal air circulation = OFF, and the default can't be changed.

If you turn ON the circulation mode via the manual option, the Auto AC will still be ON along with the circulation mode.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20190904_223902566.jpg
Old 5th September 2019, 21:38   #1484
BHPian

This guy, Scotty Kilmer, a popular youtube mechanic, is ranting about Jeep and the Compass' build quality
Old 5th September 2019, 21:52   #1485

Friends,
My first post sorry for long one
I am planning to buy JC diesel sports plus or limited (not considering longitude as don't like interior colour) Need help/views from experts/owners specially recent buyers on discounting. M buying from Faridabad/Gurgaon (HR registration)

1. Sports plus misses out on 7'' display with Android auto n apple play, misses 6 spkr, Projector headlamps missing. These I need for sure plus few minor ones which will need to add cost for this - will it be worth? or should stretch budget and go for limited ? What difference you anticipate considering higher discounts expected on limited than sports plus

2. My feel after reading multiple places and disussing with couple of dealers is discount of around 50-70k on sports plus and 1-1.5 lakh on limited , primarily thru insurance. Each dealer says at time of finalization on table only they will confirm final figure Any views on same and how much u guys feel is possible considering recent buyers experience here.

3. Gst cut expected by this month end though not sure if at all it will be applicable to this segment and category of vehicles. Planning to book now and take delivery in Oct first week navratris , by that time I am hoping if any gst change happens will be announced. What's your view or if any info around gst decision date

4. Should we go for basic accesory pack from dealer or outside. It's around 35k for mats , teflon , antirust , car cover, mudflaps , bootmat n other minor stuff

5. I am keen on bs4 only as bs6 will add cost. Is it advisable to go for bs4 and secondly is it good time to buy from pricing perspective or should buy in dec for more year end discounts. Or on contrary for for Jan/Feb to have new year mfg , adds from resale perspective but not sure on whether bs4 will be available till then and manufactured , dealer sounds it's almost stopping now and only existing stock will be cleared . Not sure if true

6.I have been exploring many cars in 15-20 lac range for quite some time be it hector seltos or harrier but in terms of driveability premiumness and fun to drive aspect , found all of these lagging by far compared to JC. So decided to go with JC with only one apprehension - jeep sales falling currently n brand is relying solely on JC in India , do you feel it's right decision to buy assuming say 5 years down the line I sell it or even if I keep from after sales support perspective. Perhaps we don't have an answer it's a gamble m kind of taking

Thanks in advance for your inputs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks