Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2024, 12:28   #4591
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
Hi fellow Jeepers,
I replaced my Jeep compass battery with a 74 DIN Amaron. Upon replacement the Auto start/stop not available error and the check engine light is on.

Any advice? This was just replaced locally by a known vendor. The battery was also fully charged.

The previous battery was fading and was showing 13.6/13.7 V while running and during the previous service, the SC suggested that the battery was not retaining power.

-John
This got resolved on its own after 4-5 hours. Everything went back to normal except the overall fuel efficiency and trip details got reset along with the time and date, which was expected.
The SA from Jeep also suggested the same (to keep the vehicle locked for 4-5 hours).

@Admin, please merge with the previous post

Last edited by john.gt : 16th April 2024 at 12:29. Reason: quoted previous message twice
Old 24th April 2024, 15:02   #4592

My 2022 Jeep Compass Trailhawk 4x4: Surprising 3rd Service experience.

Review: 2022 Jeep Compass Trailhawk 4x4

Mileage Update: Since September 2022, we've clocked nearly 28,000 kilometers on our trusty 2022 Jeep Compass Trailhawk 4x4. From off-road adventures to city commutes, this vehicle has been our steadfast companion.

Overall Impression: We've been thoroughly impressed with the performance and capabilities of the Compass Trailhawk. Its rugged design, combined with its off-road prowess, has exceeded our expectations. It's truly a fantastic product that has brought us immense joy on our journeys.

Minor Hiccups: While the overall experience has been positive, we did encounter a couple of minor issues along the way. The gearbox can be a bit clumsy at times, and there's a noticeable creaking noise from the suspension during low-speed maneuvers. However, these haven't been major deal-breakers for us.

Service Dilemma: Today marked the car's third service, and unfortunately, it came with quite a surprise. The estimated cost, nearly 30k, left us in disbelief. Even our friend, who owns a 2016 Compass, was taken aback when we compared bills. The service advisor attributed the steep increase to system-generated quotes, which left us scratching our heads.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot-20240424-145130.png

Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot-20240424-145141.png

My Estimate for the 3rd Service

Comparative Analysis: To highlight the absurdity of the price hike, I used a fellow BHPian 's bill from July 2023 as a reference. The discrepancy between bills from just a year apart is staggering. Our car required extra procedures for cleaning the brakes due to a squealing noise, which incurred additional charges which is understandable but the stark difference in pricing in a year is very alarming.

Link to BHPian ArjunKrish's bill for the 3rd service: https://www.team-bhp.com/sites/defau...3-09/6_15.jpeg

https://www.team-bhp.com/sites/defau...3-09/7_13.jpeg

Final Thoughts: While we continue to love our Compass Trailhawk, the unexpected service cost has left us pondering. We hope to address these concerns with the service center and ensure a more transparent and reasonable pricing structure in the future.

Community Input: Have any fellow Jeep Compass owners experienced similar service cost shocks? We'd love to hear your thoughts and insights! Let's navigate through this together.

I used ChatGPT for my review to not make spelling errors. Forgive me for the same.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th April 2024 at 05:51. Reason: Non-forum characters deleted
Old 25th April 2024, 02:09   #4593
BHPian

From what I can see, the brake cleaning and refacing job alone cost you around 8k. Just refacing the disc is 3500/-, which is absurd. You can probably get new discs for that cost. When I last enquired refacing of discs outside about 6 months back it was around 300/- per disc.
The oil is very expensive. My diesel compass oil costs around 3.8k.
Finally Labour is also very high which probably includes the brake job. General service Labour cost for jeep compass is around 5.5k. Had you got the brake job and wheel alignment balancing done outside, your bill would have been around 17k,which is what it usually is.
General service should be carried out in the service centre to keep the warranty. Other jobs can be done outside to save on the service cost.
AW1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 16:28   #4594

Thanks for your insight. Landmark is killing the car's ownership experience by pricing its parts like this.

How did you get 8k for the brake cleaning & refacing? I think it's just 3.5k for the brake job.

I've heard the wheel alignment & balancing done from outside usually causes calibration issues with the car's sensors like the TPMS etc. Has anyone got any insights regarding this?

I will look into getting the brakes refacing done from outside. Does anyone have an idea about reliable mechanics near Mulund or Thane? I usually get my cars repaired with the authorized service centers so I'm lost about this. I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Last edited by theP1Fanatic : 25th April 2024 at 16:39. Reason: Wanted to add more points
Old 25th April 2024, 16:38   #4595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theP1Fanatic View Post
I've heard the wheel alignment & balancing done from outside usually causes calibration issues with the car's sensors like the TPMS etc. Has anyone got any insights regarding this?

I will look into getting the brakes refacing done from outside. Does anyone have an idea about reliable mechanics near Mulund or Thane? I'd really appreciate you help. Thanks!
Never had such issues, you can do the same from any reliable tyre shop.
Old 25th April 2024, 16:42   #4596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theP1Fanatic View Post
My 2022 Jeep Compass Trailhawk 4x4: Surprising 3rd Service experience.

Review: 2022 Jeep Compass Trailhawk 4x4

Service Dilemma: Today marked the car's third service, and unfortunately, it came with quite a surprise. The estimated cost, nearly 30k, left us in disbelief.
Community Input: Have any fellow Jeep Compass owners experienced similar service cost shocks? We'd love to hear your thoughts and insights! Let's navigate through this together.
Amounts are in tune with what is expected with this car. At most, you can have alignment and balancing done from outside. Other than that, everything has to be done from the service center only as the car is in warranty.

Jeep service is damn expensive. Just a fact of life. Make your peace with it, and enjoy the dynamics of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW1972 View Post
From what I can see, the brake cleaning and refacing job alone cost you around 8k. Just refacing the disc is 3500/-, which is absurd. You can probably get new discs for that cost. When I last enquired refacing of discs outside about 6 months back it was around 300/- per disc.
The oil is very expensive. My diesel compass oil costs around 3.8k.
Finally Labour is also very high which probably includes the brake job. General service Labour cost for jeep compass is around 5.5k. Had you got the brake job and wheel alignment balancing done outside, your bill would have been around 17k,which is what it usually is.
General service should be carried out in the service centre to keep the warranty. Other jobs can be done outside to save on the service cost.
Brother, I don’t think you have much experience with Jeep service centers. They charge as if the things they are using are all 24K gold plated and they are doing us a royal favour by making them available to us.

Jokes apart, part and labour prices of Jeep Compass service cannot be compared with the mass market brands. Their rates are in step with the likes of Mercedes and BMW.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks