Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2017, 12:54   #121
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Attention to detail gets a new benchmark!

I usually read the review in a single read, but then, this one needed multiple breaks to take it all. The photographs are meticulously spectacular - Exterior, Suspension parts, Easter eggs, References to earlier posts/images, Ventilated/Solid disks, The gawdy chrome shot of the ORVM, The plastic screws of the roof rails, The horn with concentric chrome rings, Triple door seals, The illuminated storage area, The Morse code, The rusty steering column joint, The cupholder LEDs, The naked glovebox halogen bulb, The funnel for the capless fuel filler system, The missing silver border on rear speaker, 'Screen Off' being still backlit, The Wrangler, Masking the plates at the dealer parking; to name a few.

Every review here is better than the previous, which, by now has become the norm. Thanks to the fantastic effort by Omkar, Jaggu, GTO and the team! Rating full marks

As for the product itself, it does look like a well thought out and engineered package. Let us all hope if only they can live up to the hype and provide a decent after sales service experience.
lipaul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 15:17   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi everyone,
I have started my Jeep Compass ownership thread on the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-4x2-ltd.html
Behemoth is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 16:38   #123
BHPian

I saw this in person and was extremely impressed with the build quality. Barring a few niggles it seems like a well made car. The space management is top notch and the under-thigh support in the rear seat may just be class leading.
Also saw the Wrangler, the Cherokee and the SRT; such a shame that Fiat-Chrysler have chosen to price all their cars on the premium front. Even though the Compass is a very good car, one does pay a stiff premium for it when compared to other cars in its bracket. Given its accessibility I doubt this will concern most potential buyers.
Old 30th August 2017, 17:21   #124
BHPian

The much awaited compass review!. Absolutely loved it.....hopefully it could be a good upgrade for my Scorpio, but going to wait and watch how the product performs interms of sales and service
Old 30th August 2017, 19:53   #125
BHPian

Myself(Hydro Blue) and My friend(Exotic Red) got the delivery of Jeep Compass, Limited 4x2 on last week Friday, Will share the experience later.
TopSpeeder is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 22:47   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
2) mentioned that there will be no new Limited (4*2/4*4) production due to some 'manufacturing' delays for next week or so. They mentioned Limited maybe available only by end of September. Those already produced or in transit will be delivered as allotted.
(apprehensive if they may have discovered some issues with the early "Limited"s that they are hoping to fix in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed, that its only my paranoia)
I was promised delivery of a Black Ltd 4x2 opt by month end. But now they are saying it will take another 10 days. With the increase in cess around the corner, it would be great if someone can throw some light on the delivery situation elsewhere.
Old 31st August 2017, 08:51   #127
BHPian

A more detailed variant list

PS: If you are on a desktop/laptop - please open a full browser window to view inline attachments side by side

The website http://www.jeep-india.com/compass/specifications/ shows the following variants as available or will be made available - which forms the basis for the below

Sport - Petrol & Diesel - 6 MT only
Longitude - Diesel - 6 MT only
The Limited is shown as available / will be available in both Petrol & Diesel ALONG with 4x2 & 4x4 - MT for Diesel & AT for Petrol
Hence the last table in this post shows Power To Weight ratios for the Petrol in Limited and Limited AWD along with Sport

Variant Highlights - Variant.pdf

Jeep Compass : Official Review-all-models.jpg
Jeep Compass : Official Review-sport.jpg
Jeep Compass : Official Review-longitude.jpg
Jeep Compass : Official Review-limited.jpg

The variants & individual highlights

The same is available as a pdf - Compass Variants Comprehensive 2.pdf

Jeep Compass : Official Review-1.jpg
Jeep Compass : Official Review-2.jpg
Jeep Compass : Official Review-3.jpg
Jeep Compass : Official Review-4.jpg
Jeep Compass : Official Review-5.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 31st August 2017 at 11:37.
PM - B is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 17:38   #128
BHPian

Has anyone got delivery of any 4*4 Jeep Compass till now? With the impending cess being added very soon and the dealer not giving any concrete information it's becoming frustrating. My cousin booked the Jeep Compass in June with assured delivery in the first lot of cars but due to delay by Jeep he is not getting the 4*4 Limited and is being pestered to take the 4*2. The SA had said 15 days back that he was expecting 4*4 to come by the month end but no news till now. Now he says that the first lot of cars is expected only in October. Need to know whether that's true or my SA is just taking me for a ride. With the implementation of the cess the OTR would increase by 2-2.5 lakh taking it to 26L for the 4*4 Limited he is eyeing. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 31st August 2017, 23:45   #129
BHPian

Another view point - video - long at 20 minutes - have a gander !
PM - B is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 01:12   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Has anyone got delivery of any 4*4 Jeep Compass till now? With the impending cess being added very soon and the dealer not giving any concrete information it's becoming frustrating. My cousin booked the Jeep Compass in June with assured delivery in the first lot of cars but due to delay by Jeep he is not getting the 4*4 Limited and is being pestered to take the 4*2. The SA had said 15 days back that he was expecting 4*4 to come by the month end but no news till now. Now he says that the first lot of cars is expected only in October. Need to know whether that's true or my SA is just taking me for a ride. With the implementation of the cess the OTR would increase by 2-2.5 lakh taking it to 26L for the 4*4 Limited he is eyeing. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Though I have not been handed over the keys, or for that matter, haven't seen the car as yet, I have been billed and the car has apparently arrived today at the dealership. Delivery is promised on Tuesday next week, as paperwork, the weekend and Onam have put off the temporary registration to Tuesday next.

I opted for a red limited 4x4. I had to settle for the grey. Also, my dealer was very clear from the beginning that I would get my car before the 1st week of september.

The info is that the 4x4 cars are dispatched as 2 cars per dealership and the more anxious customers with early bookings (mine was the 71st in the country, I guess) are getting 4x4 cars from the second consignment onwards. The second consignments are arriving at dealerships across the country now. Also, I guess it helped that I was steadfast that I would either pick up the 4x4 before the price hike or cancel the booking and pick up the Innova crysta. ( It was a genuine threat. I felt the Crysta was more value if I wanted a powerful 4x2, as dimensions are not so big a problem for me)

Last edited by igp_79 : 1st September 2017 at 01:27.
igp_79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 11:17   #131
BHPian

Pics 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Myself(Hydro Blue) and My friend(Exotic Red) got the delivery of Jeep Compass, Limited 4x2 on last week Friday...
Pics 2
Legendary capabilities quality checked at JC Road, Blr when I went for fixing number plates

Pics 3
Side view comparison with X1
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-team_bhp_del.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jc_road.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_1649.jpg  

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 1st September 2017 at 11:26.
TopSpeeder is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 12:47   #132
Senior - BHPian

I'm waiting for the Diesel Auto. And it's a good wait, as in the mean time I can keep a keen eye out for Service, Spares, Performance etc. Usually the Jeep latest line up is available in the Middle East but this time the Compass is only going to be available 2018 onwards! So cant test drive it over here.
Old 1st September 2017, 14:32   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Original thought from Fiat was to place these as competition, and Thank god they DID NOT! atleast on the price front. Or it would have bombed big time. The brand ASPIRATION and feature list, the other cars are still leading by a good stretch for now.
Woah, aren't we all glad that sense prevailed among FCA marketing guys. JEEP has some brand pull but definitely not in league with Germans. Would have been a royal disaster at that price point. Fingers crossed for MOPAR to keep customers happy so that long term repute is built.
supertinu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 15:18   #134
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This just in from Jeep:

Quote:
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) India today announced that its Made in India Jeep® Compass has touched the 10,000 bookings milestone. The auto manufacturer opened pre-bookings for the SUV on June 19th and launched it on July 31st this year.

Production ramped up with two shifts working six days a week.
10,000 orders for a Rs. 17.50 lakh (averaged) SUV is equal to the gross income from 30,000 6-lakh rupee hatchbacks. It's like Maruti getting 30k Swift bookings in a month. The booking volume is HUGE by any measure, especially when you consider the weakling (Fiat) backing it. Proves a couple of things:

• Have good product, customer will pay. No matter what your background / reputation is, or how many divorces you've had. Without having proven its reliability, dealerships or long-term ownership costs, Jeep is raking in the moolah. The Indian customer will take a risk if the product is compelling enough.

• This is just from 50 dealers. Imagine the bookings if Jeep had a wider 200-dealer network.

• Customers are slowly, steadily moving up the price bracket. The average selling price of a car in India today is far higher than it was 5 years back.

• Knockout SUV = Knockout success.

• Don't fight other well-entrenched car makers head to head. Look at opportunities in segments where they are weak or have no presence. Imagine if, instead of the Compass, FCA had to invest the same money in a sub-10 lakh hatchback or sedan. Within a month of launch, it would already have discount stickers on the windscreen.

• Style & brand play a massive role! Brand Jeep has a certain sexiness to it, as does the Compass' design. I have yet to come across one person who doesn't like its styling.

• Some D-segment sedans might need to get onto ventilator support. They're gasping already!

Last edited by GTO : 1st September 2017 at 15:24.
GTO is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 15:29   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This just in from Jeep:

10,000 orders for a Rs. 17.50 lakh (averaged) SUV
That's huge success for FCA.
It will take 3-4 months to fulfill these orders, 10% Cess hike could result be few cancellations as well, nonetheless a distinguishing product can do wonders for any company no matter the brand popularity or background.

OT: Current Fiat owners like me will be a happy lot, they will not be fearing dealership/service center shutdowns anymore.
S.MJet is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks