Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2018, 17:16   #736

Got my diesel limited; first diesel vehicle, enjoying the beauty.. positives according to my view: awesome looks, strong, stable, good seating, basic features in place; things which I feel should must have been part of 21-22L vehicle: auto headlamp, auto dimming ivrm, controls for fan speed control for rear passenger. Loving the vehicle otherwise
Atin_k is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 10:18   #737
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Guys,
With respect to the Jeep Compass LTD and Longitude variants, I have an observation that the headlights are insufficient for safe usage. My logic is as below:

I strongly feel that the LTD version headlight beam with Halogens is insufficient and we should raise this to FCA collectively for some solution.
Other Compass owners with LTD and Longitude variants also please share your views!
I could not agree more. If you remember, I was asking you on headlight efficacy before making the purchase as well. I had written to FCA at that time and they said that they were cognizant of the limitations and were working on a solution that will be cascaded to all.
Then FCA got all greedy, apparently, and told that we can upgrade the bulbs which were being provided as an accessory since we did not like the light that was being produced as per the government guidelines. They sold the bulb to me for 500 and charged 1500 as labor for a 15 min job. FCA official was there to oversee the loot, in person.
Now, I have new bulbs. They are still inefficient. I feel like a jacka$$ on being taken for a ride.
Workaround:
1. I followed a Santro on highways, when there was fog.
2. When in the city and not sure if the lights are on, I take it to a dark parking lot and am assured of the lights being operational

Too bad because all my correspondence was with top FCA officials like Mangesh Kodalkar and this is the fair deal I got.
Caesar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 12:53   #738
BHPian

Test drove the Compass AT yesterday. Torque steer is for real. The car is fast if you dig the throttle

Driving the diesel on Thursday.

Prices are up by up to 80k from Jan 1. Slowly, but steadily moving out of my reach.

Last edited by civic-sense : 9th January 2018 at 13:00.
Old 9th January 2018, 13:14   #739
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
They sold the bulb to me for 500 and charged 1500 as labor for a 15 min job.
Light efficacy etc aside, 1500 labour for changing a light bulb? Seriously?

I wonder then how much labour do they charge for paid servicing? Must be 10k or so. Do enquire with the dealer/official and put it here for the benefit of others.
Dry Ice is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 12:50   #740
Senior - BHPian

Any Jeep owners interested. Sounds good and honestly priced.

http://jeeptrails.in/Jungle-Trails-Goa.aspx
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 13:28   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Any Jeep owners interested. Sounds good and honestly priced.
http://jeeptrails.in/Jungle-Trails-Goa.aspx
Wow ! This indeed looks like a great program. These kind of events will surely build the brand image & loyalty to a large extent. I think other car companies should also take a cue from this.
Old 10th January 2018, 14:13   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Any Jeep owners interested. Sounds good and honestly priced. http://jeeptrails.in/Jungle-Trails-Goa.aspx
And look at the media blunder in the image taken from the website. The event is scheduled from 26th to 28th January.

Actual dates

Jeep Compass : Official Review-trails.jpg

The dates as per schedule

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeeptrails1.jpg
Moto_Hill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 14:30   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
And look at the media blunder in the image taken from the website. The event is scheduled from 26th to 28th January.

Actual dates

Attachment 1714943

The dates as per schedule

Attachment 1714941
Not sure which page are you looking at. I can see correct dates on the page. Or did they really fix the error after your post?

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeep.jpg
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 14:53   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Not sure which page are you looking at. I can see correct dates on the page. Or did they really fix the error after your post?
Now the dates have been corrected. Are they keeping an eye on this thread I guess its just a coincidence
Moto_Hill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 15:01   #745
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
Now the dates have been corrected. Are they keeping an eye on this thread I guess its just a coincidence

They are probably watching this thread by the minute.

FCA, likewise please respond with the diesel automatic launch dates. You probably are losing a lot of automatic customers to competition.Hahaha.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 15:45   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
They sold the bulb to me for 500 and charged 1500 as labor for a 15 min job. FCA official was there to oversee the loot, in person.
Begs the question, "How many engineers does FCA need to change a light bulb?".
Old 10th January 2018, 16:55   #747
Distinguished - BHPian

Totally off-topic & not intended towards any existing Compass owners. But has anyone noticed something that I have been seeing off late?

On 3 separate occasions (one of them on the last Sunday evening) I have seen that when there is a long duration traffic jam - like an hour or so of slow or non moving traffic, the brand new JEEP Compasses in the traffic end up breaking down - mostly with over-heating & the owners are standing clueless with the bonnet open.

I have seen this on Pune - Satara road & twice on the Pune - Mumbai e-way in the ghat upwards towards Pune. This frequently happens to larger engine European cars especially. I always see luxury European cars stopped with bonnet open in ghat traffic jams. Are these not designed with Indian heat in consideration? The aam-admi cars (all Tata, Maruti and the lot) keep going fine without any issues in the same traffic. Is there some inherent cooling issue in these cars for our conditions?
Old 10th January 2018, 17:19   #748
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
On 3 separate occasions (one of them on the last Sunday evening) I have seen that when there is a long duration traffic jam - like an hour or so of slow or non moving traffic, the brand new JEEP Compasses in the traffic end up breaking down - mostly with over-heating & the owners are standing clueless with the bonnet open.
I assume that its not overheating but rather clutch burning. I have seen many cars with the hood open in the Niligiri ghats and majority are clutch burn cases and nothing to do with engine temperature. What you saw could be the same case too!
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 18:21   #749
BHPian

Quote:
FCA, likewise please respond with the diesel automatic launch dates. You probably are losing a lot of automatic customers to competition.Hahaha.
Was at a Fiat service center yesterday for my Punto’s annual service, had a long chat with the owner regarding Jeep India plans. As per him, FCA did not anticipate such a demand which they are struggling to meet. They will take their time to expand production keeping in mind quality control, any compromise on quality will affect their reputation including global (right-hand drive market) reputation.
Their original India plan was - once initial hype cools down, they would introduce diesel auto somewhere in Jan/Feb-18 to keep the momentum going, but since they are not able to meet the current demand, diesel auto launch is likely to be pushed back. Similarly, Renegade launch is also being pushed back to Q1/Q2 2019 against original plan of Q3/Q4 2018. Right now they are in planning stage to upgrade assembly line used for Linea and Evo to make way for Renegade. He had no idea about the rumored sub 4 meter Jeep as of now. For Renegade they have Rs 15L ex-showroom price in mind for the highest variant.

As for a new dealership in Navi Mumbai, the existing dealer (Landmark) is ready to open one, but FCA is not keen as it will become his monopoly in Greater Mumbai region. They are looking for a new dealer.

PS: This is not my first-hand information, all above information is as shared by the owner of the service center (makes sense from a manufacturer point of view).

Last edited by S.MJet : 10th January 2018 at 18:27.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 18:22   #750
Distinguished - BHPian

I am sure that the Fca and Jeep Marketing team is definitely keeping a close watch on this thread and Team BHP as a whole. It is auto enthusiasts like us who help drive initial adoption and first hand consumer experience. FCA has also mentioned that they were TBHP car of the year in their recent ad. I only hope that they have their social media listening tools in place to respond to any of the problems that initial Compass owners like us are facing (esp the poor headlighting issue) and even the dashboard rattles. Surprisingly it has been 4 months for me as a Jeep Customer and till date I have not received a feedback call / communication from the company to ask for my feedback! It seems most companies are only interested in the pre sale cycle and will follow up 10 times with a customer. Post the sale customers are taken for granted and end up running after the company and dealerships. My feedback to Jeep is to build a proper customer database of the 10000 cars that they have sold already and use the feedback from these customers to improve the product and service experience. The journey for Jeep has only yet begun and the first year will be decisive for long term success.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed