Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2018, 08:10   #991
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/jeep/co...uv-2018-review

Review by Autoexpress UK:
The Compass is a worthy entry to the family SUV class, but it's a cut-throat market and Jeep's offering isn't refined or dynamically capable enough to really threaten the likes of the Nissan Qashqai, Skoda Karoq or Peugeot 3008. Cheaper, front-wheel-drive versions may yet have more appeal - but this 4x4 edition's main draw is off-road ability that few will really require. And that means it isn't likely to be any more than a niche option in the UK.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 11:39   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
but it's a cut-throat market and Jeep's offering isn't refined or dynamically capable enough to really threaten the likes of the Nissan Qashqai, Skoda Karoq or Peugeot 3008.
If the above statement has to be valid, you have to replace Nissan Qashqai, Skoda Karoq and Peugeot 3008 with cars available in India - say Hyundai Creta, XUV 500, Tata Hexa, Hyundai Tucson etc. After replacing, if there is any sense remaining in that statement, we have a debate in our hands.
civic-sense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 12:43   #993
BHPian

Took delivery of my Compass Petrol AT on 20th April.

The process was extremely smooth and was over in an hour.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_3976.jpg

I have so far driven around 350 kms and it has been a delightful experience.Driving in bumper to bumper traffic is a boon

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_41341.jpg

Will post a detailed ownership review once I overcome my laziness
joy_swift is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 13:03   #994
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Took delivery of my Compass Petrol AT on 20th April.

The process was extremely smooth and was over in an hour.

Attachment 1757936

I have so far driven around 350 kms and it has been a delightful experience.Driving in bumper to bumper traffic is a boon

Attachment 1757937

Congrats ! The blue colour looks amazing . Do share your experiences in an ownership thread as yours is one of the first Petrol AT versions. Currently there are only two ownership threads (including mine) out of probably more than 15+ owners now on team-bhp. I hope more members can share their experiences with their ownership threads as it is very helpful for others considering it. The best thing about TBHP is the balanced and unbiased experiences that we get from everyone here and that too over a much longer period of time!
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 09:41   #995
BHPian

Jeep compass Limited 4X4 came home yesterday and departed skoda laura. Jeep has smooth and superb drive, engine is very smooth. Delivery from Sky Moto Pune was swift and smooth.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_9142-2_fotor.jpg

Tried 4X4 on taljai hill incline it was flaw less, liked the way car handled incline with 4X4.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_9172-2_fotor.jpg

Laura departs and Jeep comes in, Last picture of Laura.

on my way back to Mumbai.
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_9183_fotor.jpg

Only concern from family is there is less storage space than Laura. I think this because of German v/s US engineering.

Will miss Laura for some time.
sameerpb is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 15:07   #996
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
Jeep compass Limited 4X4 came home yesterday and departed skoda laura. Jeep has smooth and superb drive, engine is very smooth. Delivery from Sky Moto Pune was swift and smooth.

Attachment 1758385

Tried 4X4 on taljai hill incline it was flaw less, liked the way car handled incline with 4X4.

Attachment 1758386

Laura departs and Jeep comes in, Last picture of Laura.

on my way back to Mumbai.
Attachment 1758387

Only concern from family is there is less storage space than Laura. I think this because of German v/s US engineering.

Will miss Laura for some time.
Congrats on your new Compass and welcome to the club! Wish you many miles of highway crunching on your new ride!

You will really miss the huge boot space of the Laura! In real world terms it can swallow double as much luggage as the Compass (I have both the Laura and the Compass) and mostly we end up taking the Laura for outstation trips as the Compass just can't fit our baggage! Though on paper the Compass claims around 410L of luggage space it feels much much lesser. Looks like someday I will have to measure it and actually figure out how much it is.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 15:39   #997
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations.

BTW what is the fuel economy you are getting in city with petrol AT.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 11:01   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Congrats ! The blue colour looks amazing . Do share your experiences in an ownership thread as yours is one of the first Petrol AT versions. Currently there are only two ownership threads (including mine) out of probably more than 15+ owners now on team-bhp. I hope more members can share their experiences with their ownership threads as it is very helpful for others considering it. The best thing about TBHP is the balanced and unbiased experiences that we get from everyone here and that too over a much longer period of time!
I did read your ownership review as well.Quite detailed

I did not get any ownership reviews for the petrol AT but got some valuable feedback from Fusion2006(Aseem).Thanks a lot Aseem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Congratulations.

BTW what is the fuel economy you are getting in city with petrol AT.
I have so far driven around 400 kms mostly in bumper to bumper city traffic and sedate driving with 100% ac on.Am getting 7.6 kmpl in my first tankful.Am very happy with the FE and I think this should settle around 8.5-9.5 within the city.I am yet to go on a highway ride,will update once that happens.
joy_swift is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 16:32   #999

Hi BHPians,

Myself Naren from Bangalore, Had booked Minimal Grey(silver) Limited version Diesel, waiting for its delivery on May 20th.

I want some advice on the accessories:

- I want to go for the black roof which adds great look. when i checked with dealer, he is quoting Rs 23K for repainting of Roof and Pillars with Black(which he claims will be same as factory finish). I also checked with 3M Roof Wrap (Glossy Black), where they are quoting 12k for Roof and 5K for Pillars.

which is best one ? please let me know pros and cons of same.

Any jeep owners can share their view as well

- As the accessory bundle, they are charging Rs17K for the Imported Jeep Floor Mats, Mud Flap , Cargo Mat & Body cover.

Any one got the same ? Is it worth for that money ? if not, where to get it ?

- Is there any other mandatory accessories required ? If yes, please let me know.

Regards
Naren
Old 7th May 2018, 16:47   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnaren View Post
Hi BHPians,

As the accessory bundle, they are charging Rs17K for the Imported Jeep Floor Mats, Mud Flap , Cargo Mat & Body cover.

I did not go for the black roof but the amount quoted was similar(20k).

Regarding accessories,I have bought the floor mats,mud flap,cargo mat and interior cleaner.The floor mats and cargo mats are of extremely good quality and I would suggest to go for them.

Regarding the body cover,you might get it from outside for much less.
joy_swift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 17:25   #1001
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

- I want to go for the black roof which adds great look. when i checked with dealer, he is quoting Rs 23K for repainting of Roof and Pillars with Black(which he claims will be same as factory finish). I also checked with 3M Roof Wrap (Glossy Black), where they are quoting 12k for Roof and 5K for Pillars.

which is best one ? please let me know pros and cons of same.

- As the accessory bundle, they are charging Rs17K for the Imported Jeep Floor Mats, Mud Flap , Cargo Mat & Body cover.
I went for Black roof wrapping on my Compass (grey) too and the dealer charged 12K for the same including the Pillars. Negotiate with your dealer and get a good price. It is also done easily outside from 3m or other accessories providers.

The Jeep Original mats are good at 7K and the mud flaps and cargo mat you should get. You can leave the Body cover as that is hardly used.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 18:17   #1002

Quote:
I did not go for the black roof but the amount quoted was similar(20k).

Regarding accessories,I have bought the floor mats,mud flap,cargo mat and interior cleaner.The floor mats and cargo mats are of extremely good quality and I would suggest to go for them.

Regarding the body cover,you might get it from outside for much less.
Thanks Joy_Swift, I will also go for Floor Mats, Cargo Mats and Mudflaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I went for Black roof wrapping on my Compass (grey) too and the dealer charged 12K for the same including the Pillars. Negotiate with your dealer and get a good price. It is also done easily outside from 3m or other accessories providers.

The Jeep Original mats are good at 7K and the mud flaps and cargo mat you should get. You can leave the Body cover as that is hardly used.
Thanks Behemoth for your inputs.

I am still confused whether to go for 3M Roof wrapping or Black Repaint. Can you seniors can give Pros and Cons of both type ? which is preferred ?
Old 7th May 2018, 18:26   #1003
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Joy_Swift, I will also go for Floor Mats, Cargo Mats and Mudflaps.

Thanks Behemoth for your inputs.

I am still confused whether to go for 3M Roof wrapping or Black Repaint. Can you seniors can give Pros and Cons of both type ? which is preferred ?
The black roof wrap is recommended as it is reversible and replaceable. Avoid repainting on a new car.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 22:40   #1004
Team-BHP Support

On Sunday evening, I spotted a black JH regd Jeep Compass with its left rear wheel broken on NH-31, between Islampur and Kishanganj. I did not spot any accident mark/s. It was being towed to Siliguri probably. Maybe a case of broken axle or rear twist beam, unsure. As there was a jam and there was police, they didn't allow us to stop. Any one has any further information? Sorry for no pictures, I was too involved in observing whatever I saw :-|
Old 7th May 2018, 23:16   #1005
BHPian

Quote:

Any jeep owners can share their view as well

- Is there any other mandatory accessories required ? If yes, please let me know.

Regards
Naren
I got the floor mats and mudflaps from the dealer. Though the floor mats are of good quality, it hardly covers the floor. The mats are too small. For the rear, they give only 2 pieces and the center portion is not covered at all. Please see the mats and decide for yourself.

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th May 2018 at 08:59. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Gene is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed